CHAPTER 5 : Savior

ONE OF A KIND LOVE

CHAPTER 5 : Savior


----------

(Yoona’s POV)

Five days have passed and I’m still distracted about the confession thingy. I know I’m over reacting but… ‘Geez.’ I can’t take another revelation now. I don’t think I’ll survive. *sigh* I do want us to be friends again though.

Today is Thursday, and every day since Monday, Jiyong always greets me every morning. It was so nice of him to make another effort. I just don’t know how to show it to him, that I appreciate everything. It bothers me. Yes. Especially the way he calls my name.

-‘YOONA.’-

I keep on remembering my  name coming out of his mouth. Aigoo..  =*___*=

I am walking alone to school because all of them are busy for the graduation. Yuri and Tao as the top students of our batch. Lay and Fany as the members of the student council. And Sica as the class president. Though I’m the vice president of our class, they forbid me to help them. They say that I need to rest. So, just not to make arguments with them, I complied to my mama and papa (Fany and Lay).

Later after class I’ll be walking alone too. They have their own schedule. Fany, Lay and Sica have to meet with the principal for the preparations, while Yuri and Tao decided to go to the mall. Actually they invited me to come with them but I refused. I told them I am tired and I can’t keep up with their energy. Hahahaha. I wonder what will happen if those two will end up being together. ?

Our class for today ended up fast.

“You want me to send you home?” Lay offered. “The meeting’s not starting now.”

“No. Don’t worry about me Lay, you guys should do what you needed to do.” I said.

“We can send you home Yoong.” Tao said.

“Yeah Yoong!” Yuri added.

“No no no. Thank you for the offers guys but you don’t have to worry about me. Besides, the mall is far from our street. You’ll just tire yourself.” I refused again.

After some explaining, I bid my goodbyes to them and started walking out of the school.

‘Ahhhh… It’s already dark. Hmm.’ I remembered Jiyong.

----------

FLASHBACK

Yoona is closing their gates when she saw Jiyong walking towards her.

“Hey Yoona!” He called.

“H-Hey!” She hesitate to answer back, but still gave him a smile.

“Don’t be awkward with me please. I want to be friends with you again.” He paused. “Mianhae Yoona.” He was about to go but Yoona held the hem of his shirt.

“No. O-Of course not. I am fine with that.” She started. “I’m just scared with you when I remember the past. We used to be friends but you suddenly changed to someone I don’t know. Please understand.” She paused. “But don’t worry, we will be friends again.” She gave him a sincere smile.

“Sorry.” The only word he managed to say. ‘I just can’t say the reason to you now.’ He thought.

“Well~” She starred at him. “Maybe it’s about time to forget the past, don’t you think?” She smiled.

“O-Okay!” He suddenly became cheerful. “Let’s start to be friend again. Ehem.” He faked a cough and held his hand out for a handshake. “Good morning! I’m Kwon Jiyong! I want to be friends with you!” He said smiling. “Is that okay? What’s your name?”

“Hahahaha.” She laughed. ‘He is so cute! He’s like the first time we’ve met. Same tone. Same smile.’ She remembered the time when they first met.

“Of course! I’m Im Yoona. Please take care of me!” she bowed and took his hand.

“What do you want me to call you?” He asked the same question when they were young.

“Hmm.” She acted like she’s thinking like what she did way, way back. “My friends call me Yoong but I want you to call me Yoona!” She smiled, the same way she did many years ago.

“Okay!” He said, returning a sweet smile she gave him. “I’ll protect you from now on. Take care Yoona!”

----------

(No One’s POV)

It was already dark when Yoona went out of the school premises.

She’s alone, walking in the dark. She feels paranoid because she feels that there is someone following her. But when she turned her head, there’s no one. She turned her head for about 4 times now. But before she can turn her head for the 5th time, someone covered and pulled her inside the abandoned building on the way to her street. She can’t scream.

‘Help me! Help me!’ She screamed inside her head. ‘Omo! I can’t die here! Mom! Dad! Someone! Please help me!’ She thought.

She fears for her life so she just decided to behave the way the kidnapper wants. She almost out of breath but she remained calm.

‘Panicking will not help me here.’

She was pushed to the ground and was shocked to see who her kidnapper is.

“Taec?!”

“Why Yoona! You still look beautiful even the class just ended.” He said with an evil grin. By the look on his face, red eyes and flushed face, he also smell like combined cigarette and alcohol, she conclude that he’s drunk and under drugs.

“T-Taec.. D-Do y-you want s-someone to talk to?” She’s trying to hide the nervousness she feels. “We can talk, but I guess,” She looked around the place before continuing. “…this is not the right place.” She said standing up and ready to go.

She was stopped by a tight grip on her wrist.

“Wait!” He said. “This place is more private. I want to talk to you here.”

“About what Taec?”

He smiled at her. “About you and me Yoona.” He pushed her on the ground again and pinned her hands above her head.

“Taec no!!” she yelled. “Stop it! HELP! Somebody! Please help!” She keeps on crying and screaming while Taec is busy on the body. He kissed he jaw, her neck, her collar bone. He completely spoiled her blouse causing the buttons to fly all over the place. She can’t move her body because Taec is on top of her.

“NOOOO!!!! Help! Jiyong! Help me!” she cried hard. She almost loss her sanity when she felt his hand over her tummy. “JIYONG!!!!!!!!!!”

“Please!” This time, she just cried and pleaded. But Taec didn’t pay any attention on her tears and pleads.

“Jiyong, please help me.” She whispered. And with closed eyes, she continuously cried.

“YOONA?!” She heard a voice. 

Taec stopped and turned his head to Jiyong.

“YAH! YOU MOTHERER!!” Jiyong pulled Taec away from Yoona and started to punch him.

Yoona didn’t know what to do. She just keeps on crying while still lying on the floor. She’s trying to cover her body with her destroyed blouse.

One more punch and Taec was lying on the floor. His upper lip is bleeding. He got up and landed a punch on Jiyong’s face but he managed not to lose his balance. Jiyong pushed Taec on the floor. Jiyong sat on top of Taec just to corner him. He landed too many punches on Taec’s face until he loses his consciousness.

“You’re a son of a !” He continuously punches him with every word he’s saying.

“ you! you for hurting my Yoona! you! YOU!!!”

Taec’s face was bleeding and he’s on the floor, unconscious. When Jiyong realize that, he got off of him and walked towards Yoona. His lower lip is busted and also bleeding hard. He felt no pain on the wounds he got but when he saw Yoona on her position, he felt his world is going to end. He sat beside her and tried to lift her up.

“No! Please! Don’t touch me! Please…” she cried. Every word that comes out of , adds up to the anger he feels for the unconscious man on the ground. She nearly got by the jackass. “Help! Jiyong help me.”

“Shhhh…” He hushed and caressed her hair. “Hush now Yoona. I’m here. I’m going to save you. It’s okay now.”

She looked up at him, her tears continuously flowing. She hugged him tight like her life depends on him.

“Jiyong!” She called. “Jiyong!”

“Shhhh…” He returned the hug and they remained like that for a couple of minutes.

Jiyong ignored the pain he felt due to his position but h keep the tighter around her.

‘I want you to feel safe in my arms Yoona, stop crying.’ He thought.

When he felt her hug loosen a bit, he held her chin up to meet his gaze. She understand what’s been said through her eyes and she nod.

Jiyong gave Yoona his jacket to cover her trunk. He never left her and stayed with her inside her house. She’s still sensitive to every noise she hears.

“Yoona…” Jiyong called. “Take this soup. You need to eat. Okay?”

“Jiyong don’t leave me.” She quietly sobs.

“Shhhh…” Jiyong immediately put the dish down the table and sat beside Yoona. “Don’t be scared. We’re home now. You’re safe here, okay? I won’t leave you.” Jiyong hugged her while her back up and down, reassuring her that everything’s alright now.

She decided to eat the food he prepared and put on the tee shirt Jiyong got from her room. Jiyong is busy calling the others to tell them what had happened.

“Yul.” He called.

-Ji? Why’d you call?- Yuri said on the other line.

“Yoona… She’s…She’s been in trouble.”

-…-

“She cries nonstop.” He glanced over Yoona. “But she’s eating now. Tell the others, okay? I already texted Lay. Please be here. She need you!”

-Ara. We’ll be there. Yah! Tao! Stop eating now. We need to get home!-

-W-wait…Y-Yul… Stop pulling me…- Jiyong heard Tao on the other line with his sister.

Lay replied to his text and they hurriedly come over to Yoona’s house.

“Yoong! Are you alright?” Fany dashed her way to Yoona and checked her with worrying eyes.

“Yoong…” Sica stopped on her tracks when she saw the bruises on Yoona’s wrist and arms. “Omo!” She can’t help but to cry.

“Hey, don’t cry. I might cry again.” Yoona said. “And you can’t stop me when that happens.”
 
They hugged each other and they all cried.

“Hey!” Lay tapped Jiyong’s shoulder. “Thank you…for saving her.” He said looking at Yoona. “I should’ve convinced her to send her home. Aish!” He felt guilty.

“Don’t thank me. Thank Yuri. She texted me t-“

“Oh my gosh Yoong!” Yuri and Tao suddenly appeared. “What happened? Omo!” she ran and hugged her.

Tao is still standing by the door. He’s holding onto his knees while catching his breath.

“Guys, thank you for being here. But…” she looked at Jiyong. “Jiyong said that it’s alright now, that I’m safe.” She sobs. “Thank you for there Ji. Thank you for saving me from Taec.”

“Taec?!” Sica asked. “As in Ok Taecyeon?”

Yoona just nod as an answer. Jiyong can’t understand anything. ‘They know him? Are they friends?’ he thought.

Fany noticed the confused expression on Jiyong’s face. “The one she dumped in front of the whole school body. Her ex-suitor.”

They saw how Jiyong stiffened and how he form both of his hand on a tight fists.

‘ that man!’ Jiyong thought.

“He felt bad because everyone knows that no one ever dumped him.” Tao started. “But our Yoong is brave to dump him in front of all the students last year.”

“Yoona, I’m so sorry. I’m not there to send you home.” Lay still felt the guilt.

“It’s not your fault Lay. It’s no one’s fault, okay? What happened is unexpected. I’m just thankful that Jiyong is coincidentally passed by the abandoned building.” Yoona stated.

“No.” Jiyong disagreed. “I was about to pick Yuri but she said she’s with Tao on their way to the mall. So she just told me to pick Yoona instead because she knows that she’s walking alone.” He paused. “When I passed by the abandoned building, I heard some noises and yells but I chose to ignore it. But when I heard my name from inside, Yoona’s the first person that came to my mind. So I entered the building and there I saw… I saw that bastard.” He’s clenching his jaw. Anger can be seen in his eyes. “I saw how he almost…” He can’t continue what he was about to say. Just a thought of it make his blood boil.

“We left him there unconscious.” He finished.

“Don’t tell me you killed him.” Sica said in horror.

“No! Of course not!” He said defensively. “But if killing is not a crime, I wouldn’t have any second thoughts.”

“Serves him right!” Fany said. “Thanks Jiyong.” She smiled at Jiyong.

“I want to sleep here with Yoong!” Yuri said. And everyone decided to sleep there too.

She smiled at them. “Thanks guys.”

“We’ll just get our things and be right back.” Tao said.

“Stay with her Ji.” Lay commanded. “Yuri can just take your things.”

“O-Okay.” Jiyong complied.

---

They were left alone inside the house. Jiyong sat beside Yoona and took her hand. “You don’t have to worry anymore Yoona. Your friends love you so much.” He paused. “Don’t cry.”

“Thank you Jiyong.” She looked up at him and hugged him tight while the latter stiffened by the act. “You are my savior!” She said hugging him tighter fearing that she’ll be in trouble when he leaves her.

They stayed on that position for a couple of minutes. He’s her hair, making her stop crying. They felt no awkwardness despite of their closeness.

“Ehem.” someone faked a cough and they immediately let go of each other.

Jiyong turned his head to Yuri and Lay who’s smiling widely at them. He just gave them a small smile.

They spend the night calming Yoona. They did everything for her to be distracted and forget about what happened earlier tough they all know that that was impossible. But still made her smile and laugh and told her to just drop it. The only problem they have now is tomorrow. They still have class and they will surely see that Taec inside the school.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Thanks to all who's reading my story.. i hope you enjoy ^_^