CHAPTER 20 : Verdict

ONE OF A KIND LOVE

CHAPTER 20 : Verdict


----------

*Day26*

I am here at the shore, watching the sunset, and thinking about anything.

I do feel less stressed when Jae surprised me that dinner. But it didn’t actually make everything okay. I still feel unsettled. It worsens last May 4, exactly 2 days ago. It’s our very first monthsary but I didn’t even see him that day, not even his shadow! He texted me that he’s busy, okay fine. But how come that TOP and Donghae are here? When I asked them about it, they just shrugged their shoulders. I’m getting more and more frustrated about our relationship because it’s not moving on. Most of the times I ask myself if we’re really a couple.

I do feel giddy when he’s obviously getting jealous with Donghae or Jiyong when we’re talking, but it’s just doesn’t seem right. He became aggressive when it comes to kissing too. He wanted us to kiss in public yet we already talked about the things I don’t want to do. He said he respect my decisions, now where’s that? When I ask him his reason, he’ll just answer me the same line.

“I just want to mark what’s mine.”

I don’t even know if he’s just protective of me or what. I remember when he sings at Harlem during their performance. He sounds so sweet; I actually forget what’s bothering me that time, but the day after that, it all started. It’s as if he never acted the way he was the night before. He became distant (my old problem), he’s always missing-in-action and this time, it’s more alarming.

*sigh*

I head back to our hotel room when it gets darker. Where is Jae, really? He’s didn’t even bother to send a single message to me.

“Problem, Yoona?” Sulli asked.

“Nothing.” I lazily answered and slumped myself on my bed.

“You don’t look okay.”

“*sigh* Yes. I’m not feeling well.”

“Okay.”

Then she left the room. Before the door closed, Fany and Sica entered.

“Yoong! Why does Jae in Harlem, alone?”

So he’s in Harlem.

“I don’t know Sica.”

“You two in a fight?” she continued to question me.

“No. Of course not.”

“Hmm. Okay. We saw him in the bar counter alone earlier, right Fany?”

“Ahm, yes, we did. You sure you don’t know that he’s in there?” Fany asked.

“I’m sure.”

When I closed my eyes, I felt them leaving the room. With that, I fell asleep having a really bad dream.

---

*Day27*
*May 7, 2K--*

When I woke up at dawn, I saw my phone lit up.

‘Jae…’ I thought.

---
From: Boyfriend <3

Sorry for being not around. Goodnight.
---

‘Tss, what time is it? 2AM? So he just came back?’ I thought and shook my head.

---

At 8AM, I started my daily routine, our daily routine. And we’re done eating breakfast now.

“Hey Donghae!” I called.

“What is it?” He smiled at me.

“Where’s Jae?”

“Ahm, he left early in the morning. I don’t know.”

“Oh~” I hesitate. “W-What’s…making Jae…busy?”

He looked at me for a few seconds before he talk.

“Ahh…Ahm.” He faked a cough. “Maybe…Maybe he’s just busy. You know, leader of 3TS. Well, I need to go outside, so…see you around?”

“Okay.”

Then he left me there, disappointed.

-‘You know, leader of 3TS.’-

Exactly Hae, you are a member, but why do I feel like you don’t have any idea of what he’s doing too?

With that thought on my mind, I went back to our room and took a shower.

---

I woke up in the bath tub.

“Gosh. I fell asleep in here? Silly me.”

I dried myself and put on my clothes.

“Omo!” I gasped when I look at the time. “It’s already 11AM? It’s time for lunch already.”

Thank goodness I’m alone in here; no one can hear me talking to myself.

I wonder where’s my roommates? I shrugged it off and went straight to my bed. I feel sick. I’m dizzy and I feel hot.

*sigh*

“I’ll just skip lunch and take a short nap.”

---

I was awakened by a phone call from Fany.

-Hey Yoong! Where were you? I haven’t seen you after breakfast. And do you have the key of our bathroom? It’s locked.-

“Hahaha. Sorry Fany. I locked it. I fell asleep in the tub. Hehe.”

Then the conversation continues.

At 7PM, when I didn’t receive any message from him, I decided to go to Harlem.

---

*sigh*

I clutch my chest. “Why am I so nervous? Omo!” I automatically looked around. I felt relieve when I saw no one looking.

‘They’ll find me crazy when they saw me talking to myself.’

I started to walk towards the entrance, but the more I come nearer to it, the more nervous I feel. My heart beats frantically.

‘There’s no turning back now. I’m already here.’

I entered the crowded, but not as noisy as before, place. I can still hear some people talking, clearer than before. I turned my head around the place looking for a familiar figure and I found him in the bar counter, his back facing me. I noticed TOP and Donghae on the either side of Jae, both facing their backs at me.

I smiled and walked towards them but as my feet get closer to them, the clearer the voices and conversation to me, and the beating of my heart gets more irregular.

----------

(No One’s POV)

“Why do you have to do that?!” TOP blurted out.

“I wanted to.” Jae answered lazily before drinking.

“Did you even consider Yoona’s feelings? You’ve been together for a month now yet you’re acting crazy!” TOP continued to shout at Jae.

“It’s none of your business TOP.” Jae calmly replied.

“Yeah, not mine. But be sure to fix this. And be sure not to hurt her or else-“

“Or else what, TOP? Ha? You barely know her! You should at least try to understand me. I’m sick of this vacation! I miss the old times, with…*sigh* I want to go back to where we were before this ing vacation!”

“Do you love her?” TOP’s voice became calm and controlled.

“I loved her. Okay? When we’re young, I love her. But now that I’m with her, I…I’m not used to woman like her. You know me!”

“Yeah, we know you. But man! You ing had to someone you don’t even know! That’s bull!” TOP became furious again in a split second.

“I said I don’t remember, okay? I’m drunk and I know the girl is too! It’s not entirely my fault. Just please…please don’t tell Yoona.”

TOP and Donghae shook their heads in frustration.

Yoona’s tears continue to flow on her already wet face. She wanted to turn back, but she can’t move. She feels like she wanted to hear more.

“TOP, Hae. Believe me! I loved her. But I think this wouldn’t work out.”

“And you’re just going to leave her just like that? Man, you don’t have to emphasize the ‘D’ in ‘loved’.”

“Yeah. Yeah. Right.” Jae replied.

“So what are going to do now?” TOP asked.

Donghae is just listening to TOP and Jae’s debate. He doesn’t want to say a word because if he does, he knew he wouldn’t stop.

“The only thing I can think of right now is to make another sin. This time, in front of her so that she’ll be the one breaking up with me. If I can’t do this soon, I know I will still hurt her later.”

“You can always think of something better that that! Try to change and be good to her!”

“God TOP! I know I can always choose that. But the fact is I know I can’t. Sooner or later I’ll hurt her and it s my head!” Jae put his hands on his head due to frustration.

“What you did is unforgivable, Jae. Who wouldn’t want to break up with you? Aish!” TOP gulp another shot.

“Then, what do you want me to do? Stay with her like nothing’s wrong when the truth is there is? I can’t stay with her because I realized that I still love Dee!”

“Bull Jae! That’s the reason why we warned you before and even the time you decided to confess to her on their Graduation Ball! You’re in a big mess Jae! Even Hae don’t get your point that time.”

“Just…Just let me think about a way to b-“

“Yoona?!”

‘Run!’ Yoona thought as soon as she saw Donghae looking at her and called her name in panic, but she still can’t move.

‘RUN!!’ Her subconscious commanded.

She blinked twice first before turning away and run as fast as she can.

She keeps on running outside the dark road in tears until she bumped onto someone. She stayed sitting on the ground and continued crying in front of the man that caused her to stumble.

“Yoong?” The man worriedly called. “Hey Yoong! Why are you here? Why are you crying? Are you hurt?” He bends down and faced Yoona.

“Yoong…” The man shook her shoulders. He’s sitting in front of her now too.
When Yoona looked up to the man, she even burst into tears.

“L-Lay! *sobs* I-t *sobs* h-hurts! *sobs* it h-hurts here!” She continued to cry while pointing on her heart. “Lay!!” She weeps.

“Hush.” Lay hugged her close to him. “Hush now, Yoong. Tell me what happened so I can help you, okay?”

Lay assisted Yoona to sit on the nearby bench along the way and he waited for her to calm down as he hugged her.

“Are you ready to tell me what happened?” He asked after some time as he felt her calm down under his arms.

Yoona looked at him with her already puffy eyes and it automatically welled up again. She detailed everything to Lay while sobbing.

“I don’t want a break up but I hate him! Lay, tell me what’s wrong with me?!”

“Shhh…Stop crying, Yoong. Nothing’s wrong with you. Believe me. That bastard is the one messed up.” Lay calmly replied.

“I d-don’t want him to l-leave me. I love him still, my life will end. I love him too much.” She started crying hard again.

“I’m telling you, your life don’t defend on him, okay? Listen…Listen to me. Some people will leave, but that’s not the end of YOUR story, Yoong. That’s the end of THEIR part in your story. Get me?” Lay said while holding Yoona’s face for her to look at him.

She looked straight into his eyes before nodding. After almost an hour of crying, she decided to go home.

“You’re right, Lay. It’s not my end, it’s his. I want to go home now.”

“Okay.” He helped her stand up.

“No. I mean, I want to go home.” She repeated.

“But our flights’ scheduled not before tomorrow lunch.”

“I…I want to go home.”

“*sigh* Okay, okay. But we need to wait until tomorrow dawn. I’ll help you pack your things and you need to sleep, okay? Then we’ll leave first thing tomorrow. Is that fine with you?”

Yoona nodded.

Lay gave her a reassuring smile before assisting Yoona to walk back at the hotel.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: ENJOY READING GUYS!! LOVE YOU ALL ^_^