CHAPTER 29 : Closure

ONE OF A KIND LOVE

CHAPTER 29 : Closure


----------

(Yoona’s POV)

*October 8, 2k--*

“Ahhh.”

Everyone stretched after the last subject of our final exams. Yes. It’s already Finals and we’re done with it. That only means that it’s already our most awaited semestral break.

The whole first year population in the university is a departmentalized system. So we, all first year students, have Statistics as our last exam, same day, same time.

“My head hurts~” Hyuna whined.

“Do you even have a head?” Taeyeon said nonchalantly while resting her head on her arm chair.

“Yah! Of course I do! You’re so mean!”

Chaerin and I laughed at them.

“Do you know the answer on the second problem? Oh my gosh! I’m not sure if my answer is correct!” Chaerin worriedly asked me.

She’s the most grade-conscious in the 4 of us. I can’t blame her. She’s the top of our class and our batch in the first and second terms. I can assure that she’ll be the first this final term again. She’s a genius, by the way. And do you know the top 2 of all first year in our college?

Tao!

=SECOND TERM=
Top 1 : Lee Chaerin
Top 2 : Huang Zi Tao
Blah
Top 4 : Hwang Tifanny
Blah
Top 6 : Im Yoona

Sorry, I only reached the 8th place for the first term and 6th place for the second term. At least I have improved. Hahaha.

Anyways…

“I’m not sure either. Don’t worry. I’m sure we will pass the exam.” I smiled at her.

“Aish.” Taeyeon and Hyuna reacted.

---

“Hey~ It’s already our semestral break. Where would you go?” Taeyeon asked.

“Not decided yet.” Chaerin said.

“Good. I wanted to invite you to Bali. It’s not summer, I know, but I’m sure we will enjoy it.” Taeyeon stated.

“Okay!~” Chaerin and Hyuna exclaimed.

“I’m gonna pack my things later tonight. Woohoo~”

“You’re not too excited Hyuna, eh? Hahaha.” Chaerin said and we all laughed.

“What about you?” Taeyeon looked at me.

“Sorry guys. I think I’ll pass. You know…”

“It’s okay, Yoona. You can always come with us next time.” Taeyeon smiled.

I’m so blessed to have these friends. I’m really lucky when it comes to friendships, don’t you think so?

“Hey…” Hyuna squinted her eyes and looked passed me. “Is that my Jiyong?”

I turned around and indeed, there’s the blonde Jiyong with the rest of Mu6.

“’my Jiyong’? Seriously, Hyuna? You’re giving me goosebumps.” Chaerin said and rubbed her own arms.

We walked towards them and we noticed that they are all looking towards the gate.

“What’s with the exit?” Taeyeon asked.

“We don’t know.” Chaerin, Hyuna and I answered.

We continued to walk towards my best friend and as we got closer to them, I saw Jiyong’s eyes.

‘Is that sadness? Pain? Anger?’

I don’t know, but my feet automatically ran to him and before I could reach him, I was rooted on the ground seeing what their looking outside the gate.

“Jae…” I whispered.

“Yoona!” Hyuna, Taeyeon and Chaerin shouted.

“Yoong…” Mu6 said in a soft voice.

“Hello everyone.” Jae started.

“It’s Jaejoong…” Chaerin whispered.

My friends know that Jae and I had a relationship but not the whole story. I’m afraid it will just ruin his career.

“I know that all of you know Yoona. And I am in love with her.” Jaejoong continued.

The crowd gets wild as he confessed his feeling for me.

In my peripheral vision, I can see Jiyong looking intently at me.

I can’t look back at him because I can feel the sadness in his aura. And I know, once I looked at him, it will break my heart.

“…Yoona, I know you’re here somewhere…” He looked around, finding me, and locked his gazed at me. “Please here me out.”

Jaejoong sat on his seat and started strumming his guitar. Donghae and TOP are not with him now and he only have some of his assistants.

***


(WHEN I WAS YOUR MAN by: Bruno Mars)

When our friends talk about you all that it does is just tear me down
Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name
And it all just sound like uh, uh, uh

Hmmm too young, too dumb to realize
That I should have bought you flowers and held your hand
Should have gave you all my hours when I had the chance
Take you to every party cause all you wanted to do was dance
Now my baby is dancing, but she's dancing with another man.

***

He locked his gaze on mine and just like in ‘Kismet’, I can feel his sincerity in every word he’s saying.

***
Oh, I know I'm probably much too late
To try and apologize for my mistakes
But I just want you to know
I hope he buys you flowers, I hope he holds your hand
Give you all his hours when he has the chance
Take you to every party cause I remember how much you loved to dance
Do all the things I should have done when I was your man.
Do all the things I should have done when I was your man.
***

The song ended.

The crowds are applauding.

I don’t know what to say. I saw Fany crying and Lay is comforting her. Hyuna, Taeyeon and Chaerin are all smiling at me now.

I need to do something.

“I need to talk to you, Yoona.” Jae went down his small stage and started walking towards me.

When he’s already in front of me, he offered his hands out to me.

“Plaese…talk to me.” He pleaded.

‘I need to do this before it’s too late.’ I thought.

I just keep on staring at him and his hands.

‘I need to do this before it creates a big misunderstanding.’

*sigh*

I took his hands and he smiled. I saw Lay smiled at me too and all of my friends nod. I feel the glee again whenever he holds me in my hands.

Jae pulled me to a run and I looked at Jiyong. His reaction is unbearable.

‘Too late. He misunderstood.’

My glee turned to fear.

“I’m sorry, Ji.” I mumbled.

---

We arrived at his hotel room by 5PM. No one dared to talk for the first 10 minutes.

“Yoona…”

He called but I didn’t respond.

“Let’s work this out, please…”

“…”

Still, I didn’t talk. I just looked at him.

“I’m so sorry, Yoona. Please…” He kneeled in front of me. “…please forgive me *sob*”

Oh no, he’s crying now.

“Hey…” I pat his shoulder. “…Don’t cry now. You’re funny.”

He looked at me and wiped his tears. “But you’re crying too.”

I wiped my tears and tried to laugh. “Then we’re both funny.” I controlled my tears from falling and I succeeded.

“Your apologies are all accepted, Jae. You know I can’t hold a grudge against you. You’re my hero, right?” I said.

“Does what I think is what I think it is?” He looked calm, at the same time, sad.

“Yes, Jae.” He sat up. He holds my hands and played for it a little while.

“Should I continue hoping?” He looked at me in the eyes.

“You shouldn’t.”

“*sigh* Closure really hurts, ha?”

“Yes it is. But if we didn’t make anything clear, it will be more painful for the both of us…and to the ones around us.” I looked down.

He didn’t respond.

I looked at him again and tightly hold his hands. “This closure will just be a closure for our failed relationship as lovers but our friendship will never come to an end.”

“…Promise?” He asked.

“Promise.” I assure him.

He pulled me into a tight hug.

“Thank you, Yoona. But please let me continue loving you. I will just let it fade knowing that sooner or later it will be gone. Let me endure the pain alone because I know you already love someone els-“

“Shhh.” I hushed him and patted his shoulders. “It’s okay, I don’t mind.”

We talk for a little while and ate dinner inside his room.

“It’s nice that we’re okay now.” He smiled.

“Yeah. Nice end, nice start.” I said.

“Is…is it Jiyong?”

“*cough* W-What?”

“I heard you mumbled his name earlier while saying sorry.” He continued.

“I-I’m…”

“Why are you stuttering? Deny it to anyone but not from me. It’s too obvious that you love him.”

“H-He said it’s okay that we’re just friends.” I confessed.

“And you’re fine with that? He’s insane when he said it. I know that he already have feelings for you since then. And even though we’re together, I know that you are falling for him little by little. That’s why I try to hate him. *chuckle* And now I’m thankful that he’s still there ready to catch you.”

I smiled at the thought.

“Yoona listen. Some people may not always tell you how they feel for you, but they will always show it to you. Just…just pay attention.” He continued.

“Ahmmm…” I don’t know what to say to him. “…what do you call this food again?”

“Hahaha. Sudden change of subject, ha? Well it’s ‘Picasa’.”

We laughed. How can I make this person feel that I’m really thankful for him for being understanding?

‘Beautiful semestral closure and the most beautiful closure that everyone’s waiting for.’

---

At 10PM, Jae sends me home but he didn’t show up to our friends. When I entered the door, I suddenly felt the coldness of the atmosphere and the sadness to everyone’s aura.

They are all looking gloomy.

“Hey…” I silently greeted.

“Yoong!” Yuri run to me and hugged me tight while weeping. “Oppa…Oppa! I don’t know where he is.”

Oppa? Jiyong.

“Jiyong left an hour ago.” Lay stated.

“He didn’t bring any of his car with him.” Tao added.

‘No.’ 

I have a bad feeling about this.

Without any word, I let go of Yuri and run outside the house.

I need to make clear things with him. I need to find him and I hope prediction’s right.

----------

(No One’s POV)

“Yoona! Wait…” Fany followed Yoona outside. “Lay…where is she going?!”

The girls are all panicking because Yoona go alone in the middle of the night but Lay and Tao remained calm. They’re just hoping that everything will be okay later.

“I don’t know to Fany.” Lay said. “Let her go for now. She needs to fix things with him.” He gave Fany a reassuring smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: WOW!! THANK YOU TO ALL WHOSE READING MY STORY!! AND GIVING A WONDERFUL COMMENTS!! THANK YOU!! ^_^