CHAPTER 48 : Epilogue

ONE OF A KIND LOVE

CHAPTER 48 : Epilogue


----------

(No One’s POV)

3 years have passed.

All of them graduated college and are now successful with their own lives. Jiyong shifted back to his first choice of course and graduated a year after the others have. It was Yoona’s decision. She wanted him to do what he really likes. 

He’s working on an architectural firm and assists architects on their projects. Besides being an engineer, he’s also known as a famous composer of famous singers, one of them is 3TS. Though he never showed himself on TV, he still became popular because of his talent in composing and rapping. 

The others we’re usually busy with their works but they managed to see each other every week to visit Yoona.

3TS released their latest album, “One of a Kind”, that became number 1 in almost all music charts in the country for just 2 days. Jiyong/G-Dragon was the major composer and producer of the album and the songs includes:
At the beginning (featuring 3TS/Mu6/Chaerin, Hyuna, and Taeyeon)
    No one else comes close
    So close
    I will never leave you
    Back seat
    Y
    Let’s not fall in love

…the songs that were played at Yoona’s ‘birthday’ party. The 3TS re-recorded it and added their own compositions.

“The album is all about how you protect your love from someone or something that can hurt them, even if it means parting ways. But…” Jiyong paused. “…at the same time, showing them how far you can go and promise them that you will never let go.”

Jiyong is with the 3TS on a press conference for the album release today. He answered the first question with smile on his face.

“So…is this a hint that the great composer, G-Dragon, is already taken? I mean, girls are all over you now. I’ve read this one article about you and they are calling you ‘the fourth member of 3TS’. So, don’t they have a chance?”

One of the reporters asked.

The 3TS laughed with him.

“*chuckle* Yes, I am taken. I have a girlfriend whom I love since I was 8 years old. Every person has that someone that are destined for them, so don’t worry about it. Time will come that you will just realize, ‘Ahh~ I really love this girl, or this man. I’ll never gonna let this go.’ So just wait for it. Don’t bother the time, because just like ours, it really takes time.” Jiyong smiled to the reporter as he thinks of their past.

‘It really took time. A lot of time.’ He thought.

The reporters asked some more questions for the 3TS before the press conference ended.

“Where are you going now, Ji?” Jae asked.

“C’mon, let’s grab some drink.” TOP proposed.

“Sorry guys, but if you haven’t forgotten, today’s my girl’s birthday. I need to get her some flowers.” Jiyong answered.

“*sigh* Okay.” They simply replied.

“Oh well, it’ll be just quick because we still have our CF filming later. And besides, how can we change your mind when it’s about her?” Donghae laughed.

“Tss. You’re still the party poop because of Yoona. Well, I can’t blame you.” Jae said.

“Just tell her happy birthday for us, okay?” TOP asked.

“Don’t worry, we will try to catch up with all of you later.” Hae said before they finally left.

---

As he drives his way to her, he can’t help but to think about her, her smile, her laugh, everything. He misses her. He misses her even if they only saw each other this morning.

When he arrived, he parked his car and went out. As soon as he saw her, he smiled, returning the same feeling Yoona’s smile is giving him.

“Here.” He sat beside her and handed her the flowers.

“It’s not your favorite, sorry.” He started. “But…yeah. I don’t have any time to look for your favorite because I can’t wait to see you.”

He looked around and frowned.

“Tss. Even if I already broadcasted my love for you in the whole world you still have so many admirers. How did they know it’s your birthday today? Aish. You received too many flowers again; your room is almost full. Look.”

Yoona just smiled at his silliness. He never changed, even a bit.

“Tss. Stop it, Yoona.” He said. “That smile is contagious. Lay’s right. Hahaha.” He tried to act mad but he can’t help but to smile at her too.

*sigh*

“So…” He looked down. “How are you today?” 

He asked but he immediately remembered something.

“Before I forget, TOP and the 2 eggs said ‘Hi’ and ‘Happy Birthday’. They also said sorry for not being here now but they will try to catch up later. *chuckle* Maybe Donghae really knows that you will get mad if they don’t show up.” He laughed.

“…”

“They are really busy with their latest album now. I know that you already heard this but I still want to brag, the songs I made top the charts in just 2 days. Who would’ve thought?”

He stared at her and smiled.

“You’re so beautiful, Yoona.” He touches her cheeks. “Anyway, I am really popular now. Girls are all over me.” He gave her a playful smile. “But I’m not going to cheat on you. Ne-ver! Okay?”

*sigh*

“Jae said I’m a party poop because of you. Tss, that man. Maybe he still can’t get over you.” He eyed her. “Just joking. But he said he understand me. They understand me. *chuckle* Of course they are, and they will.”

“Oppa…”

Jiyong looked up.

“Hmm? Tss. Don’t cry…please.” Jiyong pleaded.

“I’m so  sorry oppa. I c-can’t control my tears…Your love…*sniff* y-your- *sniff*“

“*sigh*” Jiyong stood up and hugged her. “Yul…Don’t worry about me. Soon…Sooner or later this will pass. ‘Kay?” He made her looked at him.

“But-“

“No buts.”

Yuri tried to reason out but Jiyong cut her off immediately.

“*sigh* Just give me this time. Just this day, please?” Jiyong asked and hugged her sister again.

“Jiyong…” Fany called. “…we’ll have a mini party later at Im’s. I expect – no. We all expect you to come with Lay. We won’t take no for an answer.”

“Uncle told us to force you to go there if you said no.” Lay smirked.

Jiyong smiles and nods.

They started to place their flowers near Yoona’s grave and prayed. After some minutes of silence, Tao started to tell Yoona everything about his day. So Fany, Lay, Sica, and Yuri joined him. They acted like she’s also there, though they only have Yoona’s picture.

‘Thank you…’ Jiyong thought as he watches his friends doing what he is doing earlier.

Every day for 3 years, he never forgets to visit Yoona. His friends knew about this but they can’t do anything. They wanted him to stop what he’s doing but they also understand that every one of them have their own way of coping. And they can’t blame him, this is Jiyong’s way.

They let hours to pass before they decided to drive their way back to Im’s. They never left Jiyong so he doesn’t have any choice but to come with them.

“I told you, I’m going. I’m just going to be late.” Jiyong said.

“You told us the same thing last year but still we needed to force you out of your house. Tss.” Lay retorted without even looking at him.

“I’m sorry…” Jiyong whispered.

“You don’t have to say sorry. Not to me and not to anyone. We know, we understand.” Lay replied.

“Oppa…we understand.” Yuri hugged him by his side.

“I just can’t help but feel sad and cr-“ Jiyong stopped when he cracked his voice and started to cry.

Everyone felt the same sadness he’s feeling.

“Y-Yah! Yah! Don’t make me cry too!” Sica shouted as she wiped away her tears. Fany hugged her.

*sobs*

They let Jiyong cry for a while. They are used to it. They feel sorry for him. They were all hurt; feel sad, but the impact on Jiyong was the greatest.

Jiyong continued to cry as he remembers everything that happened 3 years ago.

----------

FLASHBACK

*3 years ago*
*April 1, 2k--*

“Jiyong…Let go.” She whispered softly and smiled, but enough for Jiyong to hear and feel fear.

He felt her hands slowly slipping down his shoulders and arms before Yoona completely close her eyes.

“Y-Yoona…” Jiyong stuttered. 

“H-Hey!” He shook her. His eyes are wet in tears. “Yah!” He cried and shouted hysterically when Yoona didn’t respond. He just keeps on crying while hugging her.

The ambulance came and Yoona’s parents send her to the hospital. They hurriedly followed the ambulance and when they arrived at the Emergency Area, they clearly saw how the doctor intubates her. They saw how they tried to revive her using cardiac defibrillator.

“Please…please…” Jiyong didn’t stop saying the word.

They arrived at the hospital at 2:14PM and now it’s already 2:46PM but Yoona’s still inside the EA.

They are just waiting outside the EA while crying and praying.

“Mr. and Mrs. Im?” The doctor came.

“Y-Yes?” Mr. Im answered.

“Patient Im is in coma. We managed to revive her after her arrest earlier but she’s still in danger. We’re transferring her to the ICU and you can see her there.” He paused for a while before he continues. “I am not saying that she’ll completely recover later but you all need to prepare yourself. I’m sorry but she’s fighting a losing battle. I just want you to be prepared. If you’ll excuse me.”

The doctor bowed at them and left.

No one dared to talk. Only sobs can be heard along the hallway.

They don’t have any choice but to accept the possibilities. When the nurse finally allowed visitors, they waited for their turn. They are allowed to enter by two’s and they never left the hospital.

Hours have passed but she’s still on coma state.

The girls continued to cry outside the room for hours before they forced themselves to calm down. They stayed and prayed in the hospital’s chapel from 6PM to 8:30PM with the other boys except Jiyong.

He stayed inside Yoona’s room from 4:27PM. He doesn’t feel hungry at all. He’s just holding her hands tightly, cried, and prayed continuously.

“Jiyong…” Mrs. Im holds his shoulder. “…you still need to eat. Please? At least drink just a bottle of water. Okay?”

Jiyong looked at Mrs. Im with his puffy eyes then to Yoona before nodding his head and went out of the room.

He meets them inside the chapel and they eat their dinner. They barely touched their foods but they still tried.

“I think…” Jae frowns at his foods. “…I think she’s ready.”

The other looked at him but his gaze stays at the food.

“The way she responds to everyone earlier…I m-mean…” He stopped. It just came out of his mouth. He really doesn’t know what to say.

“I guess so too.” Hae agreed and Jae looked at him.

“Maybe we need to let her go now…*sobs*” Sica started to cry that made the girls to cry too.

“I know.” Lay plainly said.

-‘Jiyong…Let go.’-

Jiyong remembered Yoona’s last words. He can still see how she smiled at him lovingly before she closed her eyes.

-‘But if you say you’re ready, then I will have to be ready too.’-

He remembered his words to her. His eyes started to well up with tears until it finally flows freely down his face. He didn’t wipe it. He just creased his brows as if he’s trying to find some hidden meaning to their last conversation.

-‘Let go.’-

-‘Let go.’-

-‘Let go.’-

-‘Let go.’-

“…Let go…”

He looked at the others beside him. They are all crying. They have decided to let her go and accept things.

‘Maybe I’m making it hard for all of us, especially for Yoona.’ He thought.

He knew to his self that he’s not ready; he can’t be ready to let her go. But as he looks at his friends’ eyes, it all comes down on him. He is the only one who can’t let her go.

He stood up and smiled at his friends.

“W- Yah!” Lay called as Jiyong run after he gave them his smile.

They followed her and saw him looking at her room’s door. They decided to see her again one by one. Each said that they are ready to let her go. 

They cried.

They cried and pour their love for Yoona for the last time.

Even the boys cried, except for TOP, and showed her how hard it is for them too. TOP didn’t cried, but he is sure that he feels sad. He has said what he wanted to say to her. He told her to stay happy.

Tao, Hae, Jae, and Lay did the same thing. They cried, smiled at her and kissed her forehead. They all feel that she’s just waiting for them to be ready before she finally let go.

Hyuna and Taeyeon didn’t say a word. They just cried while holding Yoona’s hands.

Chaerin didn’t care about anything now. She cried hard and told her that whatever happens, even if it hurts, she’ll respect her decision.

Sica and Yuri told Yoona to be happy and stay with them always.

Fany cried too much that even if she wanted to say something, she can’t.

Jiyong cried. He asked questions. He stopped and stared at her face.

Eyes closed. Mouth is slightly open due to the endotracheal tube inserted down that connects to a mechanical ventilator.

Jiyong holds her hands and looked at it. IV tubing connected to the dextrose and another line of IV tubing connected to the medication drip. One of her fingers has an oxygen saturation monitoring equipment.

He stared at her and cried again. He’s hurting. He can’t see Yoona’s body full of apparatus and lines. Her chest has a set of electrodes that connects to the cardiac monitor.

He looks at it and looked back at Yoona.

“Your heart beats unusually slow. I remember it beats fast whenever you’re with me.” He started and holds her hands again, tightly.

“You are what love means to me, Yoona…” He bit his lower lips to stop the tears that are continuously flowing, but to no avail. “…If this is the only thing needed to end the pain you feel, then I’ll say it.”

He shut his eyes and continued to cry.

“I…I’m r-ready to *sobs* let you g-go, Y-Yoona…just please *sobs*…don’t forget about me and our friends, okay? I will never forget about you. I love you.”

He kissed the side of her lips and lets his tears fall down on her face. He placed his forehead on hers and said “I love you.” over and over again.

He stayed in that position for few more seconds before standing straight.

After another moment, the cardiac monitor beeps.

Inside him, he’s in panic. But he already let her go. He can’t do anything now. He pushed the button near Yoona’s bed and the code blue immediately came.

The last thing he remembers that time was,

“Time of death, 11:56PM. April 1, 2k--.”

END OF FLASHBACK

----------

They arrived at the Im’s and saw how they improved. Surely they didn’t completely cope up but at least they can smile now.

“Well, it’s been 3 years already.” Mrs. Im said.

“I hope you all moved on now.” Mr. Im continued and looked at Jiyong. “Especially you, son.”

They gave each other an encouraging hug. They both need it anyway.

“Hyuna said they can’t make it tonight. She and Taeyeon are still busy on their company and Chaerin’s still on her flight from London. But she promised they will visit Yoona tomorrow when Chaerin arrives.” Sica said after receiving the text from Hyuna.

After a few talking, they started eating dinner.

Jiyong smiled at them weakly whenever he saw them looking at him. With that, he grabbed a glass of Champaign and head outside to the garden.

“Everyone’s better now.” He said while looking at the stars. “I need to move on now, right?”

He smiled sadly and sipped on his glass before closing his eyes.

“This one of a kind love will always be with me. I hope it will reach you wherever you are, Yoona…I love you.”


----------

“LOVE NEVER FAILS.”
----------

END

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: HELLO, GUYS, so it's the END,, thank you for supporting this story, really appreciate it.. thank you again!!! 

till next time!!! ^_^