CHAPTER 17 : Hidden Offense

ONE OF A KIND LOVE

CHAPTER 17 : Hidden Offense


----------

(Yoona’s POV)

I can’t sleep.

-‘…when he’s with Dee…’-

Sulli’s words keep on bothering me. I’m not sure if it’s because of her voice or just…worst…

‘Dee.’

*sigh*

I ruffled my hair. It’s so frustrating. Dee/Sandy/Dara Park, member of the coolest girl group in Korea. She’s beautiful, funny, and everyone says that she’s really kind. Everyone likes like, no, loves her. Jaejoong’s one of them. They once paired up for Jae’s movie and with many endorsements. There have been rumors that they’re dating. But both parties denied it. I was so caught up with that issue but Yuri assured me that it’s not true, that all of the times they were caught together were all for entertainment. After being rumored for years, the issue suddenly laid low.

Enough with Dee. These past few days, Jae’s not being his usual self. I mean e is so sweet and the suddenly, after the night at Harlem, he’s been somewhat distant, not distant as in distant, just a little distant, get me? I don’t know the reason but I don’t want to ask him. I don’t want him to think that I’m a nosy girlfriend. Everyone who knew him as a member of 3TS pressures him most, and I, at least, give him the comfort he needs. That includes his freedom. I’m not the type that questions every move my boyfriend is doing. I don’t want to be like that. I don’t forbid him to do things that he likes because I know that when this summer ends, he’ll be restricted to do those things again. I want him to be happy, happy with me. I felt that. Yeah. Felt. ‘Cause right now, I don’t.

---

*Day20*

*Ringgggg*

‘Aish.’

I reached for the alarm clock and turned it off. My eyes adjust to the sun rays against my face. 

‘Where’s everyone?’ I thought.

I looked at my phone and read Jae’s message.

---
From: Boyfriend <3

Babe, I’ll be gone for the whole day. Something important came up. I’ll be back by dinner. Take care.
---

I slump my body back to my bed. I feel lazy to move around. And where the hell Sulli and Fany are?

After 2 hours of lying on my bed. I decided to go for a swim. There, I saw everyone. They are playing beach volleyball. Boys vs. Girls. Jiyong as the scorer. I was happy watching them from the side when the ball hits me right on my head.

“Ouch!”

“Oh~ Sorry Yoona!” I looked at him and then he laughed, hard.

“It’s not funny Hae! You did it on purpose.” I shouted back and pout.

“Aish. Stop pouting kid.” He said while caressing my head.

“Let’s start the game!” Jiyong shouted.

“Tss. Grumpy.” Hae whispered. “Wanna join us?”

I wave my hands in front of me telling him that I don’t want to join.

I walk to the beach and take a short swim. The water is calming, at the same time, it feels like it’s cleansing every stress that I’m feeling right now.

I was lying prone on the sand, eyes closed, when I heard someone talked.

“Something’s bothering my favorite girl?”

I smiled upon hearing his voice.

“Is this mean I’m trap?” I said still eyes closed.

I heard him chuckled. “You can say that.”

“Okay. Okay. I’ll tell you later, but not right now. Let’s just relax.”

“…”

“By the way, where is Fany and the others now?” I asked.

“They’re eating lunch.”

“And you?”

“Waiting for you. I don’t want you to eat alone, you know.”

“Aww~ So sweet of you.”

I heard another chuckle from him. “You’re head still hurts?” He said as he touches it.

“No. It’s okay now. That Donghae will pay!”

“You’re still that childish Im Yoona I know. You already have a celebrity boyfriend so act your age. Someone might see you here acting like baby.” He laughed.

“I’m so sorry Mr. Zhang. Please forgive me.”

I was about to stand up when Lay pulled my hand.

“I went here for you to have company and you’re just leaving me? After all the skin I burnt here just to wait for you and this is what I get?”

He tried to act as a child having tantrums but it doesn’t suit him. It’s so funny.

“Look who’s talking about ‘act your age’ thingy. Tss.” I joked.

We just laughed at our own silliness. I’m so blessed to have him as my best friend. I already said this a million times. Hahaha.

We went to the restaurant to eat lunch. After eating, I decided to tell him what’s bothering me.

“About earlier, I…I…” I stuttered.

“There you are! We’ve been looking everywhere you Yoong.” Fany said panting.

“Sit first, girls.” Lay said.

They all sat around the table and after a few deep breaths, Sica started to talk.

“Where were you?”

“I was just s-“ I’m about to answer Sica’s question but Fany started to rant.

“We’ve been searching for you! You didn’t show yourself at lunch!”

“And we contacted you for a thousand times but you’re not answering. You should bring your cell phone every time. For emergency purposes-“ Yuri stated but I cut her off.

“I’m with Lay, okay? Why so worried? I think I shouldn’t bring phones when I’m swimming. Hahaha. You don’t have to worry about me here…” I looked at their serious faces. Why? Omo!

“I-Is there a problem?” I asked. Now I’m getting worried. Emergency?

They remained silent for quite a while now. I’m going to open my mouth again but Sica started to laugh.

“Hahaha. You should’ve seen your face!” Sica laughed followed by everyone. Fany even hold onto her stomach. My cheeks are getting redder now.

“Why you little brats!” I said and pinched Sica’s cheeks.

“Ouchie~ Let’s go.” She pleaded.

“Tss.” I let go. “You got me scared! I thought something bad happened to Jae. I don’t even know where he is now.” I looked down.

“So that what’s bothering you?” Lay asked so I nodded.

“Speaking of him, where the hell is he anyway?” Yuri asked.

“I don’t really know too Yul. He just sent me a message saying that he’ll be out the whole day because something important came up. He said he’ll be back by dinner.” I started.

No one talked so I continued. “Actually, these past 2 days, he’s been…distant. You know, he’ always mad at things, he doesn’t want to talk about things. I don’t understand him. He’s way different 2 weeks ago.”

There! I said it.

After some moments of silence…

“Hmm. Did you tell him your problem already?” Fany asked so I shook my head.

“Maybe he’s busy about their projects. You know, leader thingy.” She added.

“Or maybe he needs pace.” Lay stated.

“Space? Why would he need space?” Yuri asked him.

“Because it’s an everyday routine. Yoona, beach, Yoona, foods, Yoona, etc.” I looked at Tao who’s walking towards us.

“Eavesdropping, ha?” Yuri asked.

“It’s possible. If you don’t want to acknowledge my opinion, it’s fine. It’s my own opinion anyway.” Tao added.

I don’t know how to react to that. Yes, it’s possible. I was busy thinking about those possibilities when Fany talked.

“I believe you need to talk. You need to ask him about it. If it’s true or not.”

“I’m sure.” Tao said.

“I-“ I don’t know what to say.

“There’s no other way to know his reasons if you’re not going to ask him. That’s the only way.” Sica said.

“You should tell him about your concerns too. That will help your relationship grow. Trust and honesty.” Tao added.

“Honesty. Trust. Tao’s right. Talk to oppa later.” Yuri said.

I looked at Lay. I’m sure he has something to say. But he’s just staring back at me. Not even smiling. What now?

---

It’s been hours after our serious talk and up until now I can’t formulate the right words to say to Jae later. In the end, they won. I should at least give it a try. There’s nothing wrong with that, I hope so.

*sigh*

“You look tense.” Sulli commented and smiled at me.

“I feel uneasy. I don’t know.” I half lied.


*knock knock*

As if on cue, my heart started to fasten its pace. ‘Jae…’

“Guys let’s eat!”

*sigh* I thought it’s Je already.

“Hahahaha.” I was shocked at Sulli’s laughed. “Now you look pale. Jae did something wrong, didn’t he?”

“W- N-No. nothing.” I replied. I shouldn’t tell this girl about it. I’m sure she’ll tell Jiyong.

‘Why do you care if Jiyong knew about your concerns?’ My subconscious asked. Why do I care? Tss. I mean, do I really care?

-‘Don’t worry Yoona. I won’t bother your relationship with him. I won’ bother you anymore.’-

I remember what he said to me.

-‘But if he hurts you, don’t forget that you can always count on me. I’m always here.’-

“Babe?”

I saw Jaejoong entered our room. I’m just staring at him. Sulli already left the room leaving us two alone.

“Babe, c’mon? I have a surprise for you.” He took my hand and pulled me out of the room down to the beach.

I saw in the middle of the shore a table for two, with romantic setting, lights, music, flowers and privacy. A candle light dinner with just the two of us. 

“W-What’s with big surprise Jae?” I asked while I keep my gaze to my front.

“I just wanted to celebrate our 26th day. And I wanted it to be special, just like you.” He said behind me.

I automatically turned to him. ‘He remembers every day.’ I thought.

The dinner went well. He told me about his day and I believed him. When he said that he can’t tell it to anyone yet, only the 3TS, I didn’t ask. Though I have doubts about the 2 members know about hat Jae’s saying, I still didn’t ask.

The only thing that matters now for me is that we’re okay.

‘Are you sure you’re okay?’ The voice inside my head said.

Actually, all the questions I had earlier never came out of my mouth. Even my concerns, the ‘space’ thing Tao said, and everything.

‘Dumb.’ The voice said again.

*sigh*

“Are you alright?”

I suddenly realized that I’m not paying attention to every words Jae is saying. I didn’t hear a thing he just said.

“I-I’m idling, sorry.” I apologized.

“Lucky our dinner’s already over. You can take a rest now. I mean, you should. I know you’re worried about me babe, but I assure you everything’s fine. So don’t stress yourself about me, okay?”  He smiled.

“Okay. I love you, Jae.” I blurted out and I hugged him tight.

Why do I feel this heaviness in my chest? My eyes are already teary and I don’t know the reason.

He walked by the shore and talked for a little while before sending me to my room. As usual, he gave me a goodnight kiss before leaving.

I did my night rituals before sleeping. Where are they again? I’m alone here.

I lay on my bed but before I completely fall asleep, I received a text message from him.

---
From: Boyfriend <3

Hi babe! I assume you’re already asleep so I won’t wait for any reply. I just wanted to say sorry for keeping you waiting. I hoped you enjoyed my little surprise, because I did, very much. I love you always. Don’t forget that.
---

With that, I closed my eyes with a smile on my face.

----------

(No One’s POV)

(Dinner)

The couple is oblivious that their friends are watching them from afar.

“See! My brother is so sweet!” Yuri cheered.

“I agree!” Sica said.

“I hope nothing bad happened.” Fany suddenly feel gloomy.

“What?” Tao asked.

“A-Ahh. I m-mean, I think they’re okay now?” She answered.

“I just hope that all her concerns are already settled.” Tao said.

“Yeah.” Sica agreed.

“Show’s over. Let’s go for a night swim?” Lay invited.

‘I hope my instinct’s wrong.’ He thought while covering with a smile the fuss he feels for his best friend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: already got home, from family vacation.. hehe.. ^_^

so guys, how's my story?? ^_^ 

Instinct??? O_o 

haha