CHAPTER 28 : Anew

ONE OF A KIND LOVE

CHAPTER 28 : Anew


----------

“WHEN YOU FINALLY LET GO OF THE PAST, SOMETHING’S BETTER COMES ALONG.”

----------

After some time, we got off the train on Busan.

“So what are we going to do here?” He asked.

“Ahmm. I-“

“We’re already here so might as well enjoy. We should go to different places and eat delicious foods.” He smiled. “Right?”

“Yeah.”

The only word I can muster.

“C’mon!” He holds my wrist and started to run.

“Wooh.” We suddenly stopped running. He’s panting hard.

“So what do you think?” He asked as he breathes hard.

I looked around and I saw a nice, relaxing view.

“Wow. This place is beautiful. How do you this place?”

“I go here often.”

“Hmm. Why?”

“When I feel sad, I need a place to think. And this place suits well. It’s relaxing, calming, everything. It’s away from the city so I guess that’s why. Not much noise.”

Sad? Often?

He means he’s often sad, right?

“Sad?” I finally asked.

“Yeah.” Then he looked down.

“Why?” I asked again.

He looked at me and smiled. “Because of you.” He chuckled.

“M-Me? W-Why me?” I pointed at myself with my eyes wide.

“Because I’m sad every time the 3TS have their comebacks. You know, even if I can’t see your face, I know you’re happy seeing his face on the TV. And the feeling when I think about you waiting for him. *chuckle*”

“That’s sad.” I unconsciously said. Wh-

“Yes it is.”

And we laughed. It’s better this way, we can talk, smile and laugh without awkwardness. It feels good.

I asked him what makes him busy when he’s still in the military school and the conversation continues. Then we realized that we’re not yet eaten anything and it’s already 4PM.

“Want to grab some snacks?”

“Glad you asked. I’m starving already.” I said.

“I know some cheap restaurant here, but the foods taste good.”

I let him pull me anywhere.

We went to a cute, I mean, small place that serves a variety of foods from just simple to exotic dishes. And I love it.

We ordered the foods we like and waited for the old lady to serve it to us. Now I believe that he’s here often. The old lady knows him and she even asked if I’m Yoona.

(^____^)

Yes.

She knows my name too. Jiyong said he mentioned me to the old lady when he first came here and wrote a song for me. Yeah, he’s bragging to everyone that he loves someone who loves someone else.

Well that’s already in the past now and…I know what I feel and I’m sure of it.

I can’t imagine him sharing those things to someone he only met for the first time. Maybe he’s really sad that time. And it’s all because of me. I didn’t even know I’m hurting someone while I’m deeply in love with another person in the process.

*sigh*

The old lady serves us the food and we just ate in silence until we’re finish.

“You like it?” He asked.

“What do you mean ‘like’? I love it!” My eyes twinkled. “You should bring me here every time I feel like eating these kinds of stuffs.”

“Of course. Just tell me and I’ll bring you here, every time.” He sighed. “Maybe I should share my favorite places to you…”

I creased my brows.

“…because sooner or later you’ll be mine and we’ll be one.”

(^___^)
(+_+)
(=*.*=)

I blushed.

“Hahaha.”

He laughed. How could he? I’m blushing here, okay?!

“You should see your face! Hahaha. I’m just joking.” He continued to laugh.

Okay. He’s destroying the mood. Tss. If I know, he really meant it and he’s hoping-

*sigh* How can I assume that he’s really hoping? What if he’s already tired of waiting?

I frown at my thoughts.

“Why are you frowning? Stop it. That doesn’t suit your pretty face.”

(=*_*=)


Yes, I blushed again.

Haha. This conversation will never give me enough sleep later.

---

“My God, Yoong! Where have you been?!”

“We’re looking everywhere for you!”

“We tried to call you a hundred times, no, just a dozen, *chuckle* but you’re not answering!”

Yuri, Sica, and Fany rant.

“Yoong! Where were you? And whose with y-“

Yuri didn’t finish her question when she saw Jiyong entering the house.

“Hello guys. Sorry we came home late.” He said and sat beside me.

“We? What is the meaning of this? Ha?” Sica stood up in front of us with her hands on her waist.

“Don’t act intimidating Sica.” Jiyong calmly said.

“Yah! Just answer me!” Sica blurted.

“Just spill the beans oppa!” Yuri demanded.

“Okay! Fine! We had a very beautiful day. That’s all. Don’t you think so weakling?” He looked at me. I just nodded and smiled at him.

“Y-Yah! Jiyong! What did you do to our Yoong?” Sica shouted.

“Yeah, why did she suddenly act like you’re…you’re besties?” Fany pouted.

Jiyong and I laughed at them.

“Hahaha. Guys, we just had a great day in Busan. We went to a very relaxing place and oh! The foods! We had the most mouth watering foods for our late lunch.” I said dreamingly. I wish to have that soon again.

“Okay. But why did you both go to Busan in the first place?” Tao asked.

“They’re probably dating.” Lay stated.

“You can say that. Hahaha.” Jiyong laughed.

“No!” I quickly denied. “ Actually, I thought Jiyong’s a stalker. *laugh* Who wouldn’t thought of it when someone is following you to wherever you go and even buying a train ticket after you did, right? I can’t even see his face because he’s wearing a hood and shades. Tss.” I explained.

“Hahaha.” They all laughed, even Jiyong. I don’t think I said this to him earlier. Hmm.

“And I just realized that the train is heading to Busan when Jiyong showed his face to me and tell me that fact. *sigh* You don’t know how scared I was earlier. Imagine, I bought a ticket without even looking where it will take me. Tss. Stalker.” I continued.

“Stalker?! My gosh, Yoong! Why did you think of him as a stalker?!” Sica overreacted.

“I alr-“ 

“’Stalker’ is only for those who are ugly. He’s your admirer, okay? ‘Admirer’ is for the handsome ones.” Sica cut me off.

“O-Okay.” I answered.

“Best description, Sica.” Jiyong gave 2 thumbs up to Sica.

Tss. I just shook my head.

The conversation continues ‘til almost midnight when Tao and Fany said that they are already sleepy.

“Okay, let’s sleep.” I said.

“Goodnight!”

----------

(No One’s POV)

Before they head to their rooms, Lay approached Sica and Yoona.

“You’re not yet sleeping?” Yoona asked them.

“Nope.” Lay and Sica answered.

“How are you feeling?” Sica asked Yoona. “I mean, now that you’re with Jiyong now.”

Yoona’s eyes widened in shock.

“N-No!” She stuttered while waving her hands in front of her face. “W-We’re not…you know…together. Hehehe.” She awkwardly laughed.

“Hmm. So don’t you like him?” Sica continuously asked.

“…”

Yoon didn’t speak a word. She doesn’t know how to say it and she’s not yet ready to share it to anyone. She still feels sad sometimes knowing that she’s just blinded by brotherly love for Jae for years. Even so, the hurt she felt when Jae cheated on her was real. In the end, it’s still hard for her to accept the fact that she was hurt by someone she doesn’t really love.

And if she tells them she knows what will happen.

Teasing here, teasing there, and teasing everywhere. Just like high school.

“You know Yoong, no matter how hard the past was, you can always begin again. You just think that you’re not ready but the truth is you are. I understand that you’re somewhat afraid, but…no matter what, we’re here for you! AJA!” Sica happily said.

“Thank you, Sica.” Yoona hugged her tight.

“So, goodnight?” Sica asked the two.

“Goodnight!” Lay and Yoona said.

Sica went up her room leaving Lay and Yoona in the kitchen.

“Hey Yoong.”

“Hmm?”

“I understand. I know what you really feel.” Lay ruffled her hair. “Just go and follow and it will never hurt you.”

“You think?” Yoona asked.

“Yes.” Lay nodded. “But if this one fails…I’m ready to tie myself to you.” Lay joked.

“Hahaha.” Yoona laughed while punching Lay’s arm.

“I already told you. I will just court the woman I love when you already find your one true love. I’m serious. So if everything or everyone else fails, I’m doomed.” Lay looked down and acted like he doesn’t like the idea.

“Yah! Hahaha. What do you mean doomed?!” Yoona laughed. “But seriously, Lay, I love you. You’re the best.”

“Hey, I can only be your best friend, okay? Not more than that!” Lay smirked.

“Tss.” Yoona slap his arm and pulled him into a tight hug.

Lay hugged her back and waited for her to let go until he felt Yoona crying on his shoulders.

“Shhh.” Lay hushed as he caresses her hair until Yoona fell asleep still hugging him. He carried her inside her and Fany’s room.

“Goodnight Yoona.” Lay whispered and kissed her forehead.

---

Tao got up from sleep to pee when he noticed Jiyong standing on the balcony.

“Hey Ji! What are you doing there?” He called.

“Hmm. Thinking.” Jiyong answered plainly after sipping his wine.

“Thinking, ha? Tell me about it.” Tao leaned on the wall behind him.

“I was just thinking…what if I don’t love her? What if…I’m not like myself now? You get me?” Jiyong asked.

“Oh. What if you’re just her friend without any romantic feelings involve? What will be the difference?” Tao explained.

“Yes.”

“I’ll ask you. What do you think will be the difference?” Tao asked again.

“…friendship? I guess.” Jiyong answered unsurely.

Jiyong feels sad for loving Yoona. He thinks if he didn’t come back to the picture, Yoona and Jae will still be okay. Ever since school year started, he‘s thinking about it and it bothers him most when he sees Yoona. How she acted strong in front of them up to the time that she fully recovered.

“Friendship, ha?” Tao smirked. “As I have noticed earlier, you and Yoona are just fine. There’s no awkwardness between the two of you anymore.” Tao stated.

“I don’t know, I ju-“

“You’re blaming yourself.” Tao continued.

“…”

“You think you’re the one to blame for their break up? You’re ridiculous. Do you regret loving Yoona?”

Jiyong looked at Tao and shook his head before looking down again.

“Ji, even if you didn’t love her or even if you didn’t come back home, Jae will still end up hurting her. They will never work out because they are simply not for each other. And…Yoona will still end up hurting.”

Jiyong didn’t respond. He’s trying to put everything that Tao said in his mind.

“So stop this nonsense and just make her feel the love she deserves. I think, no, we think you’re the one who can love her with all your heart and the one who can make her experience a one of a kind love that we will never forget.”

“You think so?” Jiyong asked.

Tao stood straight. “Yeah.” He paused. “Can I ask you questions?”

“Spill.” Jiyong respond.

“What do you feel right now?”

“Happy?” Jiyong answered.

“Happy what?” Tao asked again.

“Happy. Happy that we’re friends again and there’s no awkwardness between us now.” Jiyong answered again.

“Next question. Are you really happy or you’re comfortable?” Tao leaned on the wall again.

Jiyong stared at the night sky, the usual cloudy, dark sky of Seoul. No stars. No moon. 

‘What do I really feel?’ Jiyong asked himself.

“You’re comfortable Jiyong. And don’t make it last.” Tao said.

That made Jiyong turned his head to Tao.

“You are not happy like what you think you are. You’re just comfortable that you are friends again and she’s not avoiding you, vice versa. You settled for less, and if you’re really happy, you wouldn’t. I know you Ji. If you’re really happy, you wouldn’t be here in this time of night.”

Tao smiled and left Jiyong still starring at him.

Confused.

Realized.

“Tao is right. I shouldn’t settle for anything less. And I’m not happy that we’re just friends.” He sipped his wine and smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: 안녕하세요 !!  난 그냥 독서와 나의 이야기를 지원 지키는 자 모두에게 감사를 말하고 싶다!  (  I JUST WANT TO SAY THANKS TO ALL WHO KEEP ON READING AND SUPPORTING MY STORY!! )

 감사합니다 !!! 좋은 하루 보내요 !! ^_^