CHAPTER 34 : Discouragements

ONE OF A KIND LOVE

CHAPTER 34 : Discouragements


----------

“IT WON’T BE EASY BUT IT’LL BE WORTH IT.”

----------

(No One’s POV)

After the night of their break up, Lay and Fany accompanied Yoona home, leaving all of them at Jiyong’s house first thing in the morning.

“Aunty, Uncle. Yoona’s been stressed lately and I don’t…” Lay looked at Fany. “…we don’t know if she can’t cope up with it fast.” He said to Yoona’s parents.

Yoona’s already inside her room and she didn’t stop crying.

“We’ll take her of her, you don’t have to worry Lay, Fany…it’s just sad.” Mrs. Im cried.

Mr. Im wraps his arm on his wife’s shoulders. “But you’re always welcome here. I know that you can be a great help too.”

Lay and Fany walk out of Im’s house.

“Lay…are you sure you wanted to leave her for a day here? ‘Coz if you’re going to ask me, I’ll stay with her until she’s okay.” Fany asked as they walk their way to Lay’s car.

“I’m not saying that I won’t be there with her. It’s just for this day and she also need to open it up to her parents. I want Yoona to realize that beside us, her friends, her parents will always be there for her when she needs help. So let’s just leave her alone there, okay?” Lay tried to smile and ruffled Fany’s hair.

“Tss. You always have a good point.” Fany acknowledge.

---

Yuri, Sica and Tao didn’t know what had happened last night until they wake up in the morning without Lay, Fany and Yoona inside the house. Yuri didn’t let her brother pass for what he did.

“Yah!” She knocked nonstop at Jiyong’s room door.

When Jiyong opened his door…

*slap*

“You’re worse than Jae!”

She pushed Jiyong, crying.

“…”

“You said you wouldn’t hurt her! I hate myself for letting…you…*sobs*”

Yuri broke down into tears and just sat there on the room’s floor.

“…”

Jiyong just looked at his sister while she continued to cry. He wanted to explain to her but the damage has been done, and he doesn’t know how to fix it.

“Yu-“

“Don’t!” Tao entered his room and stop Jiyong from holding Yuri. “Don’t touch her. Please Jiyong…not now.” He said with a cold tone while looking at him with a blank expression.

“You disappoint all of us, especially Yoona.” Tao continued and smirked. “Funny that she loves you a lot but you don’t deserve it. We thought…okay…never mind. Maybe you’re just a professional liar.”

With that, he assisted Yuri out leaving Jiyong alone in his room.

They left the house without saying goodbye to Jiyong. Truly, they feel sad for Jiyong but since he’s the one at fault, they will comfort Yoona first.

Sica didn’t see Jiyong for the day because she doesn’t know what she can do to him. All she wanted to do now, besides being with Yoona, is to kill Sulli first.

“She needs us now but we’re wrong for not listening to Jiyong.” Sica said.

“But in any sides you look, he’s the one at fault.” Tao replied, half concentrating on his driving.

They looked at Yuri in the rearview mirror. She’s just staring into space, silently crying.

‘I’m so sorry Yul.’ Sica tear up.

Next to Yoona and Jiyong, Yuri is one of the most hurt. She’s torn between her friend and her brother and it’s hard for her not to side Jiyong but she clearly know that he made this happen. They don’t understand why he sticks to Sulli when he already knows that she have something for him. How can he be so stupid for not seeing Sulli’s plan?

---

Weeks have passed but Yoona is still on her depressed condition. The rest of Mu6 ever failed to cheer her up thought they know that at the end of the day, when no one’s around, she’ll break down into tears again.

They are all affected with the breakup. Both sides are their friend and it’s hard for them to side Yoona without hearing Jiyong’s reasons. Even if they don’t let Jiyong see Yoona whenever he tries to, the feeling of sympathy for him is never neglected.

Jiyong really did his best to see Yoona, even on the balcony of Yoona’s room he climbed, but ended up pushed, or worst, by Yuri or Sica.

One time, he came near to Yoona and as soon as she saw him, tears started to stream down her face while staring at him.

“Yoona, please…baby…let me fix this. Just…Just give me a chance.” Jiyong cried while holding both of Yoona’s hands.

“It’s not easy…” She softly answered.

“I know…Please, I know…it won’t…it won’t be easy but it’ll be worth it. Believe me, please.”

She saw how both of them are hurting but she never got the chance to speak when Sica came and shouted very loud to call Lay and Tao to force Jiyong to leave.

“Jiyong…” Lay called but Jiyong continued to cry outside the front door. He didn’t continue what he’s about to say because he can’t see him in that state. Of all people in the house, he’s the only one aware of Jiyong and Sulli’s meetings yet he didn’t do anything to stop him. He knows in his self that he tried, but he could’ve tried harder.

“Jiyong please. If you continue being like this then I don’t know if I can still control myself. You’re like a brother to me and I hate seeing you like this. If you really want to apologize to her, then wait for her to let you. Okay?” Tao said.

“...” He didn’t talk back.

“Oppa…”

As soon as he heard Yuri’s voice, his eyes automatically search for his sister.

“Oppa, please. Wait for the right time. If you try to see her again you’ll lose everyone. So please, stay away for a few days, okay? Just for a few days.”

Every day he misses her. Every day she misses him. The problem is one mistake is enough to put all the trusts away.

---

Lay is driving with the rest of his friends in his car when his phone rings. He looked at the caller and he feels nervous all of a sudden.

“Lay…come back here…Yoona…my baby…”

All he can here now is the cry of Mrs. Im. Without any word, he made a complete U-turn back to Im’s residence.

“Yah! Why are we going back? Is there something wrong?!” Fany asked in panic.

“Omo! Don’t tell me…” Sica covered in horror of what her mind is thinking.

“Hello…Yuri? What’s happening to Yoona?” Tao asked Yuri over the phone. He called her to clear things up.

“…What?!” He gasps. “Lay please. Hurry. Yoona’s bleeding…hard.” Tao shouted.

“Oh my…” Sica can’t control her tears anymore. She is known to be the Ice Queen of the group and the toughest girl before Yuri. But when it comes to a situation like this, heart break, she’s the weakest.

“God, please…” Fany cried too while comforting Sica beside her.

As soon as the car stopped in front of the house, they immediately got off and gave way for Mr. Im carrying Yoona inside the car. They let Lay drive the family to the hospital.

“What happened?” Tao asked Yuri.

“I don’t know. No one knows. When I was about to lie down on my bed, I heard Mrs. Im screams from my room’s window so I immediately went back to see what’s happening. But…” Yuri paused and cried. “…But all I see is Yoona, lying on the floor full of blood. I can’t…I…”

“Shhh.” Tao hushed. “Stop crying, we should be strong for her.”

“Does Jiyong know about this?” Sica asked.

“Not yet. I don’t know where he is now and…” Yuri answered while shaking her head.

“He doesn’t need to know. He’s the reason behind all of this.” Tao said fiercely.

“But…” Fany tried to defend Jiyong but Tao cut her off.

“But what? Ha?” Tao asked. “I know that I’m wrong for not hearing his side but this is all too much now!”

“Tao…” Sica rubbed his shoulder to calm him.

After contacting Fany’s driver, they went straight to what hospital Lay brought Yoona.

It’s almost an hour of waiting outside Yoona’s hospital room and Fany’s getting more and more agitated.

“What if…what if…Oh God…” Fany cried and broke down on her knees.

“Don’t think like that. She’ll be okay.” Lay assured and hugged her.

After a few minutes, the door opened revealing the doctor and the Yoona’s parents.

“Auntie, Uncle. Tell us, did she try to kill herself?” Sica asked

Mr. Im shook his head then he suddenly cried while hugging his wife. 

“The doctor…he said that Yoona…my baby…she’s experiencing too much depression that her baby can no longer hold on.” Mr. Im explained.

Everybody’s eyes widened. No one dared to talk because of the information they have heard.

“She’s…She’s been pregnant, 8 weeks now.” Mrs. Im stated sadly.

They are all shocked with all the happenings before their eyes but they never left Yoona’s side. Yuri cried and cried until she fell asleep on the couch inside Yoona’s hospital room. They didn’t talk about the miscarriage and they only left the hospital when Mr. Im told them so.

Inside the car, they can hear one’s breathing until Fany finally break the ice.

“Where is Jiyong now? Does he know that Yoona’s been pregnant?”

“If he knew, I’m sure he will never leave her side. He loves her too much.” Sica stated.

“I take back my words. This time, he needs to know what’s happening.” Tao said.

“He’s the father so he really needs to know.” Lay paused. “But not now. Yoona should be the one telling him that.” He continued.

After that, they all kept silent.

The day after the spontaneous abortion is the biggest fall for Yoona. She didn’t even confirm it yet she already lost it. She’s aware that she’s already 2 months delayed but she careless. She can’t help but to cry and do things that will hurt her. The only thing that can make her calm is a shot of Di*****m. Whenever that happens, Fany just held her hands while whispering ‘Be strong, be strong.’

Another 2 days have passed by before she was discharged in the hospital. She smiles from time to time though everyone knows that it’s all forced.

“At least she’s trying to show us that she’s still strong.” Mrs. Im said.

When they already got home, Yoona volunteered to cook for their lunch and that of course made them all shock.

They just let Yoona busy herself in the kitchen.

“Where’s Jiyong?” Fany asked but Yuri just shook her head.

“What do you mean?” Fany continued.

“He’s gone. He never said a word.” Yuri finally talked.

“It’s better.” Sica started. “I’m so sorry Yul if I’m harsh with Jiyong but I think, for now, its better if he’s not around. I really wanted to hear his reasons and understand him but he’s the one who won’t let me, us.”

*ding dong*

“I’ll get it.” Sica said and opened the door before shouting… “Omo! TOP!”

Everyone heard her loud voice that made everyone look at the door step.

“Woah! You’re all here!” Tao greeted them.

“Haha. So where’s Yoona? I just want to make sure that they’re still together.” Jae started.

Sica, Fany, Yuri and Lay replied him a sad face.

“W-What’s with the faces, guys? I’m not here to ruin their rela-“ The smile on his face vanished as he stopped when he think he realized something with their reactions. “Where’s he?” He asked, looking directly at Lay.

“He’s…”Lay can’t tell Jae everything now.

“He’s gone.” Tao answered instead. “Don’t worry, he’s not going anywhere near Yoona now.”

“He said that I don’t have the right to hurt her yet he had the guts to do it? Bull Ji!” Jae said with tight fists.

“Hey, hey. Calm down first. Everything’s fine now, okay? Don’t start another headache. Let’s just eat, Yoona’s preparing the food.” Lay said.

“Are you sure she can cook?” TOP asked out of nowhere.

“Yah!”

They all looked at the one who shouted behind them.

“I can’t cook, okay? But I’m trying my best here!” Yoona pouted.

Jae run towards her and hugged her tight.

“Yah oppa! I can’t breathe!” She faked a cough.

“I’m here now, your protector…” He whispered.

“Oppa…don’t make me cry.” Yoona wiped her tears. “Yah oppa! If I cry now, no one can stop me anymore!” She joked while her tears are flowing down her face.

The girls made the same reaction while the boys keep their cool.

They started to eat lunch and the whole time was a comedy.

“Baby is this really edible?” Mr. Im asked that made them all laughed.

“Daddy~” Yoona pouted.

“Since you’re beautiful, I’ll eat this.” Lay said before scooping a spoonful of soup. “It’s good…*Bluhh*”

Yoona’s brows creased while pouting.

“Hmm…” Lay pinched her cheeks. “I’m just joking. It’s really good, try it.”

After their lunch, they just stayed in the living room, watching movies.

“That was really good Yoong.” Yuri smiled at her.

“Thanks Yul. Hmm…maybe I should be the one to cook on my birthday.”

“Noooo~” They all reacted.

“Why?” Yoona asked.

“I mean, don’t tire yourself. It’s your birthday so just relax. There are many talented people out there that can cook really well, right Lay?” Donghae explained.

“Yah! What do you mean by that?” Yoona laughed and throw a cushion at Donghae.

‘I know you can get through this Yoona. I’m sure.’ Lay thought.

“You suddenly became a nagger Yoong. You’re like Yuri now, what the-“ Tao stated that earned a smack on the head from Yuri.

“Tss.”

They all laughed.

---

2 weeks have passed since Jiyong came back to Seoul and Yoona’s miscarriage. He ended up drinking every night, if not in the bar, inside his house. It’s true that he don’t have any idea about Yoona’s pregnancy. Sica’s right, if he knows that fact, he will never leave Yoona’s side and he will take care of her every day and every night.

There were never a time that he forgets about Yoona and every time he thinks of her, of them, he’ll break down into tears. When those things happen, liquor is the only thing that comforts him.

One time, inside Harlem, Sulli spotted him too drunk and she took the advantage of his situation. Jiyong just woke up with Sulli beside him on his bed. He is sure that nothing happened between him and Sulli. But thinking about what happened makes his head hurts so he just pushed Sulli out of his bed and forced her to get out of his house, of his life.

“Maybe it’s really best for her if I stay away for days. But I’ve been here for 2 weeks already!” He shouted inside his room.

‘I can’t take this anymore, Yoona. I miss you.’ He thought.

---

*May 30, 2k--*

Yoona’s birthday came and she celebrated it with her parents, friend and 3TS. It was fun, she thought. She’s enjoying her day but she can never lie to herself that it will be more fun and she will enjoy this day more if Jiyong is beside her.

‘If only we’re still together.’ She thought.

She knew that what she feels for him didn’t even lessen a bit. Even if she’s still hurt by what happened to their baby, she can’t just stay mad at him.

‘I wanted to get mad at you, I really do. If I have the courage to be mad, I will. This is so not me.’

*sigh*

“Hey! Let’s party! Don’t just sit there.” TOP pulled her towards their improvised dance floor and danced with her.

No one knows that all through that time, Jiyong is just outside, watching silently, and praying that Yoona will see him. He waited outside while holding a small box that’s supposed to be his gift for her. It’s a little late now but he’s still waiting. He again tried to peak at the party but it’s exactly the time when Yoona is smiling at Jae while dancing sweetly in the middle of the dance floor. With that scene before him, he loses hope. It’s another discouragement for him.

He never tried to look again, he turned around and left.

‘She’s happy without me, I guess.’ Jiyong faked a small laugh while looking at the small box.

At that very same moment, Yoona suddenly felt goosebumps all over her. She felt weird but she chose to ignore it instead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: SORRY LATE UPDATE ^_^v