CHAPTER 3 : Unwell

ONE OF A KIND LOVE

CHAPTER 3 : Unwell


----------

(Yoona’s POV)

I wake up early in the morning to make sure if I can go to school today. I’ve been starring on the ceiling for about 30 minutes now but my head still hurts so much, I can feel the ground shaking when I stand up.

*sigh*

I feel having sinusitis now. ‘Ahhhh…’ I mentally kick and torture Jiyong in every way I can. ‘This is his entire fault.’

I send text messages to my friends. I can’t go to school now that I feel head throbbing.

---
To: Fany <3; Lay <3; Sica <3; Tao <3; Yuri <3

Guys, I can’t go to school today. I’m sick. Have a good day!
---

After a few seconds, Fany replied.

---
From: Fany <3

Okay Yoong. I’ll just give you the notes later ? Please be okay ASAP. Take a good rest, arasso? ILY!
---

I am so blessed to have a best friend like her, so sweet ?

Lay, Tao, and Sica also sent their messages. 

*knock knock*

I turn my head to the door by reflex. “Come in…”  I said. Then my mom entered my room and seated on my bed.

“Are you okay dear?” She asked. “You look pale, I’m so sorry we can’t accompany you today baby. If you want I’ll send someone to accompany you here. “

I know my mom is so worried about me right now.  I am a sick child before we moved here. So yeah, he is right. I am a ‘weakling’.

“Don’t worry about me mom. After some rest I’m sure I’ll be better. I promise I’ll be good later.” I smiled at her. She patted my head like a puppy.

*knock knock*

“Baby?” My father glanced from behind the door. “Please be okay, ha? Honey we need to go now.” They bid their goodbyes and hugged me.

“Get well soon okay, baby?” Dad said before he closed the door.

I drifted back to sleep and when I opened my eyes…

“Ahhhhhhhhhhh…”

-----------

(Jiyong’s POV)

-naega baram pyeodo neoneun jeoldae pijima, baby… naneun neoreul ijeodo neon nareul itjima, lady-

‘Who the heck is calling me this kind of hour? Ahh..Jinjja!’

I get my pillow and put it over my face.

-hoksi naega dareun eotteon yeojawa jamsi nuneul matchwodo neon naman barabwa-

I ruffle my hair in full frustration and didn’t bother to look at the caller.

“Yah!” I was cut off immediately by a lady’s voice.

“Jiyong, dear, this is Mrs. Im. I’m so sorry to wake you up this early but…”

‘Aishhh’ I mentally slap myself. This is embarrassing. I just shouted at her mother.

“…I just want you to do me a favor, if that’s fine with you.”

“…” I am still mentally slapping myself when she called my name again.

“Jiyong?” 

My subconscious kicked me and told me to talk. So I did. “Ah-Ahmm.. A-Anyeonghaseyo Mrs. Im. I don’t mind don’t worry. What is it anyway?” I stuttered.

“You see, our Yoong is sick and we need to go to the states right now. And…” She paused.

“Do you want me to look after her?” I asked.

“Well~ I just want to know if you are available to accompany her today until her friends come back from school.” She answered.

“O-Of course Mrs. Im. I wil, don’t worry.” I scratch my head. ‘What did I just say? Aish!’

“Oh thank you so much Jiyong dear. Hon he said yes! I’m so excited.” I heard her say to Mr. IM. Why are they excited anyway?

“Ahmm, thank you Jiyong! Okay, we need to go now alright?”

“Don’t mind me Mr. and Mrs. Im. I’m cool. Have a safe trip!” I bid my goodbye to them. I slump my body back to my bed and think for some minutes before deciding to take a shower.

---

I opened their front door (I have their keys you know, Mr. Im gave it to me yesterday when I visited them right after I dropped my things inside our house). I head straight to their kitchen and start preparing the recipe for the rice porridge.

After cooking the dish, I grab the tray and head to Yoona’s room and make sure that my dish is continuously heated. I know her room and almost every corner of this house because we used to be friends back when…when dinosaurs rule the earth.

I notice that the door isn’t completely closed so I welcomed myself to the room waiting for her to freak out, but no. I saw her sleeping on her side, with her back facing me. I go near her and touch her forehead.

“You’re still a weakling.” I whispered.

I go downstairs to bring the food back to the kitchen. I look for a basin and a small towel, when I find it I pour cold water to it and head straight to her room. I plan to put it over her forehead but she’s still lying by  her side.

“Aish. How can I put this to you now?” I smile when I realize I am actually talking to a sleeping beauty. ‘Did I, did I just call her –beauty-? Tss. Scratch that part.‘

I’m still holding the towel and stare at her, she looks like an angel, up until now she’s still the weakling I know.

I glanced at her face and said, “You managed to get even more beautiful than you are 6 years ago, ha?” I touch her forehead and she’s hot. I mean…burning hot. Hot because she is sick. ‘Yah! Kwon Jiyong! What are you thinking?’ I immediately shook the idea off and still placed the towel over her forehead. My hand stayed on the towel so it won’t fell.

*yawn* While I’m sitting beside her, I rested my head on the headboard. I look at her once more before I completely close my eyes.

----------

(No one’s POV)

Jiyong’s sleep was disturbed by a very loud scream right on his face with matching push and kicks that made him fall from the bed.

“Yah!” he caressed his head. “What was that for?! Aish!”

“Ha! You’re asking me that question? The nerve! Why are you here inside my room? How dare you to sleep beside me?!” Yoona shouted back at him. ‘Omo! I slept with him?! Aish. Not now cheeks! Now’s not the right time to blush!’ She thought.

“Look who’s talking! You have more questions for me idiot! Geez, that hurts!” he pouted.

“I won’t say sorry!” She blurted out and went inside her bathroom. She managed to hide the guilt and concern on her face. She needs to look strong in front f him.

“Aish! That girl!” He hissed.

Meanwhile, Yoona is washing her face with cold water believing that it can cover the blush on her face. She looked at herself in the mirror. ‘Yoong. You. Are. So. Dead.’ She admits that she’s still scared when Jiyong is around give the facts that he did to her back then. She picked out of the bathroom’s door to see that Jiyong’s not there.

*sigh* she clutched her chest. ‘Why are you beating so fast? Gosh.’ She went downstairs and found no sign of Jiyong. Another sigh escaped . She headed to the kitchen and saw smoke from the casserole. 

*growwwwl* Her stomach reacted. ‘Hahaha, calm down tummy. You’re going to eat now.’

She lifted the cover and scooped some on her bowl. “Hmm, smells delicious! Thanks mom for the food!”

After some time, when she already finished all the porridge in the casserole, Jiyong made his presence noticed.

“Ehem.”

As a reflex, she turned her head to where the voice came from. She saw him smirking at her.

“Looks like you enjoyed my food.” He looked at the empty casserole and turned it upside down to make sure she ate everything.

‘Did he made that porridge for me?’ Yoona thought.

“Oh no! Don’t look at me like that! I didn’t cook that for you just because I want to. You know,” He said while still smirking. “Seems like your parents trust me. They even gave me your house’s spare keys.” He continued.

‘Ahhh!! Jinjja!’ She mentally shouted. “So that explains why you’re inside my room. Tss.” She glared at him. “I didn’t like the food, for you information!” She acted tough in front of him.

Jiyong walked closer to her while the other took a step back. “Oh really?”

‘Omo! He’s too close!’ She panicked.

“That explains why!” He held the empty casserole in front of Yoona and went to the living room.

*sigh* ‘Aish. Jiyong!’

She walked towards the living room too. She growled seeing Jiyong sitting comfortably on the couch, watching TV.

“Yah!” She called, hands on both side of her waist. “Don’t be too homey! Give me back the keys and please go home.” She commanded.

“Why should I? These keys are mine now. I was given the permission to go here whenever I want. Tss.” He replied. “”Just take a rest weakling. I won’t bother you now that you are sick. So don’t argue with me.” 

She sat down on the other end of the couch looking down at her feet. Jiyong just starred at her.

“It’s because of you that I am sick.” She started. She caught him being taken aback with her words from the corner of her eyes. “And you know I can’t take a rest when you are here.”

“W-Why? I already said that I won’t bother you.”

“Because!” She looked at him in the eyes and he saw fear inside them. “Just a mere presence of you bothers me.”

After some minutes of silence, Jiyong laughed. “Hahahahaha.” 

Yoona looked at him with confusion.

“You. You really have angst for me, ha?” He asked.

“…”

“Don’t worry, I really won’t bother you. I promise! So please take a rest. Now, go to your room.” He commanded.

Yoona just followed what he said. Though she really is confused why he is laughing hard, but his eyes tell her that he is hurt. She suddenly felt the guilt.

“Weakling, I’m so sorry for the bullying I did to you.” He started when he’s sure that Yoona’s already inside her room. “I clearly understand that you can’t forgive me.” He really is hurt by what Yoona said.

-‘Just a mere presence of you bothers me.’-

He ruffled his hair. ‘I told you you’re going to regret everything.’ His subconscious said.

---

Yoona tried to sleep but she can’t. She really felt guilty with what she said.

‘Ha! Why are you feeling guilty? That’s what you really feel right? You’re just being honest.’ Her subconscious said.

After some time of thinking and rolling on her bed, she finally fell asleep.

---

*ding dong*
*ding dong*
*ding dong*

“Aish!” Jiyong’s sleep was disturbed again. He lazily walked to the front door and opened it.

*yawn*

“Yoona are you o-“ Fany, Sica and Yuri stopped. Fany gave them a is-he-really-hereat-Yoong’s-house?-look.

“Ji!!” Tao jumped at him and hugged him really tight.

“Yah Tao! Get off of me! I know I’m handsome but please, control yourself!” Jiyong joked.

Lay just smiled and tapped his shoulder while the girls just rolled their eyes at Jiyong.

“Why are you here?! Yah Tao!Get off of him already!” Yuri asked her brother while pulling Tao away from him.

“Geez, Tao! Hahahaha. Just come in.” He ordered.

“Where’s Yoong?” Fany asked.

“She’s upstairs. I think she’s sleeping now.”

“Oh.” She hesitated. “I..I’m just going to check on her. By the way,” She smiled at Jiyong. “Welcome back Ji!” Then she hugged him quickly.

“I’ll come with you!” Yuri followed her.

“Jiyong.” Sica called. “Why are you here in the first place?”

“Tss. Sica,” Jiyong went closer to her. “Don’t you miss me? Why do I feel that all of you girls don’t want me to be here.” He pouted.

 “Tss, stop pouting Ji!” She said. “Welcome back!” Then she hugged him tight.

“Aish! Don’t worry. I’m just doing what I just told okay? Don’t overreact!” Jiyong hugged her back.

“Did you have another prank for her? I’m warning you Jiyong! Why are you happy bullying her?” Sica continued to ask.

“No, nothing! Why so many questions?”

Sica just smiled and went upstairs too.

Jiyong sat back to the couch and he noticed that the boys are looking at him. “What’s with the funny faces?”

“Did you bully her again? I-“

“Don’t worry Tao. I won’t bully her again.” He cut Tao off. “I can’t do that now that she’s sick, even if I want to.” Jiyong smiled.

“So if she’s not sick you’re going to bully her?” Tao said unbelievably. “You really are something man! She suffered too much already. Thanks to Jae she survived.”

Jiyong just throw daggers to Tao in his mind. ‘How dare you mention his name?’

“So Jiyong.” Lay started. “Is she alright now? Did she eat?”

“Yes, she ate the porridge I made. I’m just not sure if she’s still febrile though.” Jiyong answered.

“Hahaha..”  Tao started to laugh. “Did she really eat the food you made yourself? Hahahaha. That’s a miracle!” Lay threw one of the cushions to Tao while laughing.

“Stop laughing Tao! Hahahaha. *ehem* So, she really eat it, ha?” Lay asked.

“Tss..Yes, she ate it. But she doesn’t know that I prepared it. I know she wouldn’t if I say. So I just told her after.” Jiyong answered with a sad tone. 

It didn’t pass Lay’s eagle eyes. Lay knows everything. He doesn’t know nothing.

“Okay…” Lay smiled. “Well, welcome back Jiyong! Tell us about the military school you’ve been to.”

“Wait! Before that,” Tao interrupted. “Why don’t we throw a welcome party for you?”

“A welcome party?” Sica suddenly appeared with the girls.

“Yes. Isn’t that great?” Tao replied excitedly.

“No!” Yuri blurted. “Let’s make it a double celebration! You know, Jiyong oppa is here and soon, Jae oppa will be here too.” She sat besides Tao. “That will be more fun!” She continued.

“I think that’ll be fun.” Fany commented. “We can plan for it this weekend? Or maybe the next? I guess Jae will not be back here before graduation.”

“…” Yoona didn’t give any comment. ‘Jae will be here too.’ She thought.

“Hey Yoong are you okay?” Sica asked while feeling Yoona’s forehead.

“I think you should just rest. You’re still febrile.” Lay said. “Do you want something to eat?”

“…” Yoona shook her head.

“We bought you some ramen and kimchi. Here.” Fany said while holding the paper bag to Yoona.

“Guys,” Yoona forced a smile. “I’m okay, okay? No need to worry. Maybe I…” She paused when she noticed that everyone’s looking at her intently. Her gaze landed at Jiyong’s and she withdraws immediately. “…Maybe I really need to sleep. Hehe.”

She stood up from her seat. “But I feel more okay now than this morning.” She assured them. “And thank you for the food Jiyong.” She looked at him before turning her way up to her room.

They waited for Yoona to enter her room before they spoke.

“Yah!” Yuri slapped Jiyong’s shoulder.

“Yuri-ah! What was that for? Aish!”

“Why are you here?!” She shouted. And the others wait for his answer.

“Tss. I already said it earlier.” He started. “I was just doing what I was told. I was just asked to take care of Yoona since all of you are in school. Satisfied?”

*sigh* “If I know, you enjoyed starring at her while she’s sleeping!” Sica commented.

“…” Jiyong didn’t react. He can’t just say that he fell asleep beside their beloved Yoona on the same bed. He knows they’ll kill him.

“Yah oppa! Just don’t dare bully her again okay? Or else…” Yuri requested.

“Or else what Yul?” Tao cut her off. “You’ll make him buy everything you want to eat and all the things you want? Like what you made me do yesterday…the other day…everyday? Tss.” He looks so pathetic.

“Shut up Tao!” Yuri threw him one of the cushions.

“We need to go now, I think.” Sica said.

“Hmm, I’ll be back here.” Lay said. “I’ll get some things and I’m staying here for the night.”

Jiyong was shocked t what Lay just said. ‘No. You. Can’t.’

“What?” Everyone reacted.

“What? I need to be sure that she’s okay.” Lay started to pack his things. “I want her to be okay tomorrow. If you want you can sleep here too. I’ll just give her the foods upstairs.” Then he headed to Yoona’s room.

‘I hope I can talk to her nicely and calmly like what the other guys can.’ Jiyong sighed inwardly.

“I’m sleeping here too!” Fany raised her hand. Followed by Sica and Tao. “Me too!”

“Hmm, of course I’ll go too!” Yuri shouted. “Hahaha. This will be a very fun sleep over. Oppa! Join us okay? We won’t take no for an answer.”

“Yeah. This will be fun!” Sica whispered.

---

In her room, she’s just lying flat on her stomach. She can clearly hear everything they are saying.

“Yah!” She heard Yuri shout. “Why are you here?”

‘Yuri’s such a sadist. Maybe she already hit her brother somewhere by now.’ She thought. “I can’t believe Tao survived every slaps and kicks he’s receiving form her. And..” She stopped.

“If I know, you enjoyed starring at her while she’s sleeping!” The way she laughed, Yoona’s sure that it’s Sica.

She suddenly remembered how close they were earlier. And the way he held onto the towel over her forehead. She automatically blushed.

Then she heard Yul shout again.

“…I’ll just give her the foods upstairs.” She heard Lay said. She immediately closed her eyes and pretend to sleep.

*knock knock*

She didn’t answer but she knows that Lay’s already inside. She felt the bed shifted because of the Lay’s weight on her bed.

“Yoong. I know you’re not asleep.”

She slowly opened his eyes and peaked through him. When she saw him smiling at him, she automatically sat on her bed.

“Hehehe..” She awkwardly laughs. “You caught me.”

“Tss.” Lay smiled again.

‘Ahh…so cute dimples!’ She thought.

“Are you really feeling better now? I’m planning to sleep here tonight. And I guess they will also decide to sleep here.”

They stopped talking and listened to what the others downstairs are talking.

“Here’s your food. Please eat this Yoong. I’ll check on you later, okay? I’ll just get my things.”

Yoona felt really touched knowing that her friends are always there for her. She just can’t express it to them but she really is.

“Yoong?” Lay called her after seconds of starring at him.

“Ah…Y-You don’t need to stay with me tonight Lay.” She started. “You see, I’m fine now. Really! I appreciate the offer but you really don’t have to-“

“Hmm, of course I’ll go too!” They heard Yuri shouted again. “Hahaha. This will be a very fun sleep over. Oppa! Join us okay? We won’t take no for an answer.”

“…”

“…”

“I change my mind Lay. You have to stay here with me for tonight. I actually don’t feel well.” Yoona pleaded.

“Hahahaha.” Lay laughed. “My best friend is so cute!” He continued while pinching her cheeks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : enjoy guys!!! ^_^