CHAPTER 11 : Graduation Ball (1)

ONE OF A KIND LOVE

CHAPTER 11 : Graduation Ball (1)


----------

(Yoona’s POV)

I woke up at 9AM having a slight headache. I didn’t sleep well last night. I’m thinking about Jae being mad at me because I sat beside Jiyong in his car. I don’t know if I’m wrong or what, but my instinct told me to sit beside him. I know Jae will understand. It’s as if we are already together, right? Yes, I’m worried about Jiyong. He’s super drunk, what can I do? I’m just concerned.  But it’s getting weirder and weirder. I even got mad at Jae when he told me to stay away from Jiyong and he doesn’t want me getting close to him. The first thing that I did was to defend Jiyong. Am I wrong for what I did? I said that Jiyong’s a nice guy and he’s taking good care of me, that we’re now friends. I just told him the truth. But of course I didn’t tell him about what happened between me and Taecyeon. Jae gets mad when his brother is getting close to me, what more if he knew about the attempted incident? *sigh*

If I’m in my usual self, I ‘m sure I’m feeling giddy all over right now. My hero is back. He’s beng protective over me again. But no. I don’t know what’s got into me and I don’t have any idea why I feel like that. *sigh*

I looked around my room and stared at the boxes delivered last Monday. It was the gown that we ordered from Dami unnie’s boutique. Another was a silver stiletto.  Hmmm…I guess my mom already paid for it. Hahahaha.

I went downstairs to eat breakfast and went back to my room to surf the net. The ball will start at 6PM and I’m really excited about it. After an hour or so, my eyes felt heavy again so I decide to sleep.

---

I opened my eyes and it’s already 2 in the afternoon. Oh my gosh! I’m gonna be late. I picked up my towel, head towards the bathroom and took a bath quickly.

I opened my phone to see my friends’ messages.

---
From: Lay <3

We’ll be there at 5:30PM, okay? Have a good day, beautiful! <3
---

---
From: Tao <3

Good Morning guys! The Limo’s here. Be there at 5:30.
---

---
From: Sica <3

Yoong, I’ll be there at 3PM. The stylists are with me. See you! =.=
---

---
From: Fany <3

Good Morning Yoona! I hope you slept well last night! We’ll meet you there at 3PM, okay? Be ready! Muah ?
---

If you only knew what happened Fany.

---
From: Yuri <3

Hi Yoong ? Be right there at 3PM…or maybe pass 3 ? haha, see you Yoong!
---

I just shook my head from all their messages. I should be ready now; it’s already 3:50PM.

----------

(Jiyong’s POV)

I don’t know how, I’m on my bed right now. What the hell happened? My head is throbbing in pain.

“Damn hangover!” I hissed.

I sat up and rested my head on my headboard. ‘2:30PM already? I slept that long?’

*knock knock*

Yuri came in with a shocked face.

“Ji! What happened to you?”

“I don’t know too.” I said as I caress my head.

“Hmm…Okay. I’ll go to Yoona’s later. We’ll have our stylists ready, so, yeah. You should be there at 5:30PM because Lay and Tao’s gonna pick us up with the Limo. Don’t be late! Bye!” She then closed the door.

.
.
.
.

“Ahhhhh!” I scream out of frustration with a pillow covering my mouth. I totally forgot about the ball.

I dash to my bathroom and took a cold shower.

---

It took me 1 and a half hour to finish. Wearing only a bathrobe, I head downstairs to eat my brunch. I saw the boys. I crease my brows. ‘Yeah yeah, Jae’s already here.’

“Hey Jiyong! Remember me?” The handsome looking guy asked. I nod as a response. I think his name is Dong…whatever.

Then a tall guy nods at me.

“Jiyong!”

‘Why is this girl in here? Tss.’ I thought. As I step my foot on the last step of the stairs, Sulli hugs me. For God’s sake, I’m only wearing a bathrobe!

“Hey Sulli…Good afternoon to you too.” I said as I push her away from me.

“Ji, tour me here, please?” I look at her with wide eyes.

“Sorry. But I need to attend a ball tonight.” I answer simply and walk my way towards the dining area.

I don’t care about what her brother thinks of me by pushing her away but she’s getting on my nerves already. If only she’s not my friend I would’ve kicked her out of here myself. But she’s been my friend since I came to Seoul. Actually, I think I can kick her out. Her brother doesn’t care for her at all. Hahahaha.

I finished eating my meal and I found Sulli sitting alone on our couch.

“Why are you still here?” I asked.

“Jiyong, please! Come with me!”

She really wants me to kick her out, doesn’t she? Tss.

“N-“ I was to tell her my BIG NO when Jae suddenly speak.

“Just go with her. Don’t worry about your date. I’ll be your sub.” He said.

“Yes!” Sulli blurted out.

I glare at Jae. “No! Hell NO!”

“Why?” Both of them asked.

“Because I said so!”

I apologized to Sulli before I walk to my room. Before I completely pass by Jae, he talked.

“Do you like her?”

I was taken aback with that but I didn’t let him notice. Okay, how will I escape this ?

“You know already that she likes me, loves me rather.” He continued.

I look at him and smirk. “No.” I answered. I continue to walk then stopped again by what he said.

“Just know your boundaries, dude! I won’t let you get away if you don’t.” He said strictly. 

I turned to look at him with a smirk on my face before I completely enter my room.

“Aish. Damn you Jae!” I cussed as I close my door.

*sigh* ‘That bastard.’

Oh, before I forgot. I need to get ready. It’s already 4:30PM. Thanks to Dami noona for sending me a tux. The note on the card said that it’s the perfect partner for Yoona’s dress. She also sent me a black leather shoes. And it was all for free.

Lastly, together with the gifts I received from noona, is the jewelries (necklace and bracelet) I ordered for her. I asked her to find me one that will specifically fit with the dress she’ll wear. When I first saw the jewelries, it turned out to be the pair I’m looking at inside her store when they are inside the fitting room. I can’t wait to see my date.

I look at the clock and… “Crap!” It’s already 4:45PM already!

----------

(Yoona’s POV)

We are almost done with our hair and make-ups and I can tell that these girls are all excited. And me too, of course. During the session, we had a talked about what happened last night.

“What time did you got home last night, Yoona? Ji oppa looks…under slept.” Yuri asked.

So they didn’t know that we stayed there for another hour or more. Hmm… Does she know that his other brother is already here?

“Ahmm…” I really don’t know what to say to them.

They all looked at me suspiciously. “Jiyong and I stayed there for about an hour or so. We met some friends and…”

“And you were with Jae? Am I right Yoong?” Fany stated as if I’m telling them lies.

Okay. I don’t have any escape to this, so might as well tell them what really happened. I told them everything, and I mean everything, from when Jae hugged me, from how the 2 brothers scare the hell out of me with just their looks, even when Ji fell to a girl, literally, (I already forgot her name) up to my idiot decision to seat beside Jiyong than with Jae.

“So that’s why oppa looks…” Yuri was about to finish her sentence but Sica cut her off.

“…bothered.”

They all looked at each other and started to laugh. Am I missing something? Geez. I’m getting out of place here. Tss. Never mind.

“Tffany, you’re done! Go and wear your gown.” Her stylist commanded and one by one, we’re finished.

Since we still have time before 5:30PM, we took some pictorial.

“Siwon said that they’re on their way. C’mon, let’s go downstairs.” Fany said.

I wonder why Jiyong didn’t even bother to send me a text. I hope he’s ready too.

“God Ji! Pick up your phone!”

I heard Yuri said with an annoyed tone. Don’t tell me he’ll ditch me! Omo!

“Yul, is there a problem with Ji?” Fany asked her.

“Omo! They’re already here!” Sica shouted excitedly. “But where’s your date Yoong? We’ll be late because of him!”

I’m beginning to worry about Jiyong too. The boys entered my house and they are all stunning! We took a picture, one by one and by partner. We took another shot of pictures, but I’m still looking at the door wishing that Jiyong will enter. And finally! There he is…with a girl.

“Jiyong! You’re…” The excitement on Sica’s voice vanished when she saw the girl.

‘Why is he frowning?’ I thought.

“Yah! What’s with the frown? Aren’t you happy to see beautiful ladies?” Sica continued.

Jiyong didn’t respond. He just continues shrugging his left arm for the girl to let go.

“Who is the girl?” Yuri asked politely.

“Sulli. My name is Sulli, Jiyong’s…friend.” I saw her hesitating about her connection to Jiyong, and for a second there, I become curious about this girl. She looked at me and gave me a very warm smile. “I believe we’ve been introduced to each other last night. It’s nice to see you again, Yoona.”

‘Omo!’ This is embarrassing. She remembers my name and I don’t remember hers. But still, I smiled at her.

“Me too, Sulli.” I managed to say.

“Jiyong, come here. We will take some photos of you and your date before leaving.” Fany pulled Jiyong’s right wrist and I saw Sulli tightened her grip on his other arm.

“Wait. Yoona,” She faced me. “He can’t be your date ton-“

“And why is that?” Yuri suddenly cut her off. Now I’m annoyed. What’s with her?

“Don’t mind her.” Jiyong stated while pushing Sulli’s arms away from his. “I already told you. I’m not going with you.”

“But you promi-“

“No. I’ll go with you if I don’t have anything to do. But can’t you see? I’m going on a graduation ball!” Now he’s shouting at her. I suddenly feel guilty.

“Jiyong can’t go with you because he’s someone else’s date.” Sica said. “We’re all ready here. And if you’ll excuse us…” She pulled Jiyong towards me.

“If you really need to go with her you can go. Don’t m-“ I whispered at his ears but he cut me off.

“I said no! I’m not going with her. I won’t ditch you for…” He’s shouting at me. “Aish! I’m sorry for shouting at you. But like I said, I won’t go with her because I’m going with you.” This time, he whispered at me.

For a moment, I can’t move. I can also feel my cheeks heating up.

“But Jae oppa said he can replace you Ji.” Sulli continues to plead.

“Yah! He said he don’t want to go, right? So just back off! You’re wasting all our time!” Yuri shouted at her. I feel sorry for Sulli for experiencing Yuri’s power.

“Who are you anyway?” Sulli talked back. Now I don’t feel sorry at all! She’s a brave girl.

“I’m his sister. Do you have any problem with that?” Yuri answered without even blinking her eyes. And with left brow raised.

*sigh*

I heard Sulli sighed and stumped her feet out of my house without any response.

“I hate her Ji!” Yuri said without calling Jiyong ‘oppa’. He’s really mad.

After that scene, we took the photo that Fany’s been waiting for so long, as what she said. Soon, Yuri’s mood turned a complete 360 degrees, thanks to Tao.

---

We have 2 limousines. I’m with Jiyong, Yuri, Youngbae, Fany, and Siwon. The rest are all on the other one.

I’m sitting beside Jiyong and I feel so awkward. He’s not talking at me nor looking at me. ‘Is he mad at me?’ I thought. He looks pissed too. We’re the only ones who are not talking. We were silent the whole ride and at last! We reached our destination.

Since we’re the closest to the door, he got off first. He didn’t look but at least he’s helping me off the limo. What’s his problem anyway?

“Why are you so quiet?!” Yuri looks pissed too and no one knows the reason too. Well, thank you for asking him ‘cause I don’t have the confidence to ask him myself.

“Nothing.” He answered. Yuri slapped the back of his head. “Yah! What was that for?!”

“You’re asking me?” Yuri answered back. “you deserve to be hit because you’re so lame! Go and get your usual self! I don’t want Yoona to get bored just because she has a very boring date! Tss.”

Yuri pulled Youngbae with her and passed by Jiyong. Every partner already entered the hall but I and Jiyong stayed rooted on our place.

I was just staring on the floor when Fany held my chin up. “There’s something missing in you…” She looked at me from head to toe. “Aha! Where’s the necklace?”

“Omo!” I blurted out. I totally forgot all about it! I’m getting panicky when Fany left me.

“Do I still need one? Omo. Omo.” I was mumbling silently when Jiyong holds my shoulders and turned me around so my back is facing him.

“I forgot to give you this earlier, I’m sorry.” He said while placing the necklace with a cute little heart and a key as the pendants on my neck. He then turned me to face him and put a fine bracelet on my left wrist.

“Sorry about what happened. Sorry for shouting, and also for not talking. But I really don’t want Jae to replace me tonight. Not now.” He said and then smiled at me. “I just want to enjoy this night with you.” With that, he pulled me to the entrance.

I don’t know why but my heart is beating fast. All I can do is to smile back at him. Maybe because he picked me over his ex-girlfriend? It’s enough for me that he never ditched me. I feel my cheeks heating up again. What’s with me? Why am I blushing when I’m with Jiyong? Haha. I’m so weird.

---

The party started with the principal’s opening remarks, followed by the teachers giving us their blessings. I suddenly became excited about this party.

We started to dance and drink and eat and dance again. This is more than I expected.

Jiyong never left my side. He’s being his usual self with me. Funny. He makes me laugh every time. He’s asking me to dance with him when it’s not a slow song. When someone’s inviting me he’ll be like, ‘No. she don’t want to dance.’ or ‘Back off dude.’ I didn’t stop him to do such. In fact I feel happy with it. I don’t know. I just feel like it. Besides, I also need to rest my legs too. Lately, I’ve been experiencing leg cramps and I don’t want to experience that now.

It’s almost 2 hours and half and we’re still standing. My leg hurts now. I shifted my weight on my left leg this time. Maybe he noticed that I’m tired standing so he said…

“Wait here. I’ll us a seat.” He left me for a second and then he pulled me on the back.

“Sit here. I’ll go get some drinks.” I nod as a response and smiles.

But my smile suddenly vanished when I saw Taecyeon walking towards my direction. I’m scared. Do I still need to feel that? When I saw his gloomy face, my fear turned to pity.

“Yoona.” He called. “Can I have this dance?”

I wanted to talk but I can’t. I can’t even move.

“I understand if you don’t want to. But please, please forgive me. I really didn’t mean it. I was just mad. I hope you understand.” After he said those words, he started crying.

I feel scared. Yes. But I’m sure that he can never do that to me again. I know because I know him. Maybe I’m still mad but I don’t hold grudge. Not to him, not to anyone. So I decided to stood up and face him.

“Taec, don’t cry.” I started. I held his trembling hands. “Maybe I’m not yet ready to be close to you again but I don’t hate you. Believe me; I will be over this soon. And I hope you are too.” He stopped sobbing so I continued. “Taec, I know you’re kind and all. I’m sure you can find someone that will also love you more than you’re giving them. Sorry I broke your heart but it’ll heal soon. I promise.” He didn’t answer but he smiled at me teary eyed. He hugged me. At first, I was taken aback but still managed to return the hug as soon as I feel him sobbing again.

“Thank you Yoona. You’re right. You broke my heart, big time.” He chuckled despite his crying.

I was surprised to feel a hand on my shoulders pulling me away from Taec.

“Dude I told you to back off. Stay away from her or else…” Jiyong said but I cut him off.

“Don’t worry Jiyong. I’m okay.” I assure him. He just looked at me so I smiled.

“Okay. So I guess I’ll see you both around?” Taec said and then left.

“If we’re not in this party I probably punched him right on his face.” Jiyong said.

“Don’t be too violent Ji. He just asked me to dance with him. I don’t know if I should say yes or no but he began crying.”

“Cry baby!” He blurted out. We both laughed.

“I feel his sincerity so I hugged him back. Anyways, where are our drinks?” I questioned him.

“Oh. That-“ He chuckled. “I returned all that to the waiter when I saw you hugging him…so…”

It’s my turn to laugh now. “Are you jealous?” I teased.

“Y-Yah. What are talking about? O-Of course n-not! Tss.” He looked away but I saw him blushed. Is he for real? The most arrogant person I know is blushing? Hahaha. He is weird too, like me. I continued o laugh at him.

“Okay. I don’t want you to find someone else there that will treat you normal so…” I tried my best to stop laughing. I stood up and pulled him on the dance floor. “Let’s dance!”

---

Once he locked his gaze on me, I’m lost. I don’t know what to do anymore. I started to feel awkward again. Then I saw him smirked. ‘Hey. Why is he smirking?’

“Now you’re being shy, my weakling.” He said, emphasizing the last two words. He holds my hands and puts it on the nape of his neck and pulls me closer to him. He places his hands on my waist. He’s still smirking.

“Don’t worry. I won’t do anything funny. Just…enjoy…” He whispered the exact same thing he said to me last night.

I still feel goosebumps like the way I felt last night. I can’t talk. I think I lost my voice. I can feel his stare so I lock my gaze on the other side. He started to pull me closer to him that made us look like we were hugging. 

‘Too close.’ I thought. I feel my chest about to explode.

The song ended but he’s still holding me close to him. I didn’t budge; I just let me hold me. Actually, I feel secured, safe. Like the way I feel when he hugged me tight after that incident. My eyes closed involuntarily as we hugged, for real. I leaned my head on his chest. I feel very comfortable.

We hugged each other for the next 3 songs but my heels don’t feel any pain. 

‘Why do I feel so comfortable when I’m close to him?’ I thought. For the whole 8 minutes, no one dared to talk. We just stayed there close, hugging. Then I remember.

“Thank you for the cute necklace and bracelet. I really appreciate it but…” I remembered thanking my mom earlier for paying the dress and shoes, but she denied it. So it gave me an idea that this man hugging me is the one who paid for it.

“…this gown is too much.”  I continued. “I’ll pay for this later, okay?”

“No. it’s my gift for you, Yoona.” He said. I feel somewhat giddy, I don’t know why. “Don’t pay for it. If you insist, I won’t let you go.”

My brows creased. Thank goodness we’re still hugging so he can’t see my reaction. ‘What does he mean?’ I thought.

“I mean, I won’t let you go now even if you heels are aching.” He said as if he can read my mind. Maybe I don’t have a choice but to agree with him, right?

“Okay fine.” I said.

The song ended and we’re about to go back to our seats but the crowd suddenly goes wild. They are facing the entrance.

I clutched my chest without any reason, but my heart beats fast.

‘Why do I feel so nervous?’

Then I heard the MC talked. “For our surprise, give it up for ‘3TS’ (Treats)!”

“Destroying my night again.” I heard Jiyong said but I didn’t clearly understand what he just said because of the creams and shouts.

Oh no! Not them. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: hello, hope you like it.. ^_^  

thanks for supporting this story ^_^