HBD

SHE

Chapter 42:

 

Jiyong's P.O.V

 

I'm officially gloomy today since today is my birthday and yet I'm not going to celebrate it without my girlfriend. Jihye is busy the whole day with her schedules of photo shoots. It's like she planned all this schedules to really get away from me. I've already told her that she has to be free for my birthday but she still booked shoots today till tonight.

 

"Ottoke," I mutter in frustration.

 

"That's not gonna help, Jiyong. She may not be in the same entertainment industry but she's still a model, who has to work for a living." Top scolds me for acting so childish about the whole situation.

 

I'm not overreacting yet but they are all against me whenever I say something about my frustrations.

 

YG-hyung enters the room and greets me a happy birthday. I thank him and for a while the whole Jihye missing issue is gone in my head but not completely gone. "I have prepared something for you in the rooftop," he says and walks out without even waiting for us to reply.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

"Happy Birthday to you," the moment we step out of elevator, the familiar voices of the girls singing happy birthday comes to my ears. "Happy Birthday to you..."

 

The girls are clapping and grinning at me while singing happy birthday. It is such a nice feeling seeing Dahee, Eunjae, Chaewon and Sumi sings and celebrates with me for the first time. It's like I feel special being treated like this by these girls. They stop singing for the last two verses and giggles.

 

"Happy Birthday my dear Jiyong..." My head snaps back and sees Jihye breathless as she sings and looks a little disheveled. "Happy Birthday to you," she ends.

 

I am rooted in place and can't move at all. I can't understand the happiness I'm feeling right now as I see Jihye standing there, far from me, but the way she says dear Jiyong makes my heart flutter.

 

The party poppers cuts me from my trance and hurriedly strides towards Jihye and hugs the life out of her. "I thought you are not coming," I utter, as I inhale her wonderful scent.

 

"I'm only here for an hour since I just sneak out of the studio because it's break time. I have to go back after an hour for the next shoot." Jihye replies as she hugs me back and rubs my back, comforting me. "I cook the food. Have you eaten?"

 

She pushes me back and looks at me. "Aigoo, you look sad," she coos teasingly and hugs me back.

 

"No, we have not yet eaten."

 

"And I'm hungry," Seungri and Sumi whines at the same time, cutting me off to what I'm saying.

 

"Shall we eat? I have limited time." She drags me along with her towards the table and the group of friends present.

 

It's so nice to eat and celebrate with close friends, especially when your girlfriend prepared everything in the table. I am such a lucky guy having a girlfriend like her, who cooks the food for the party.

 

We are all chatting and teasing, like everything about us is normal. Well, we are human but we are the kind of people who doesn’t have any privacy even if we want too. It is so hard to date or even walk around without being flock by people. It’s not that I’m whining about it but sometimes I like to have the freedom to roam around in my own country.

 

This is like my second family. I just wish I can spend it with my family together with Jihye too. I’ve been busy the past few days but I have to go home once in a while. But, it’s nice sleeping in Jihye’s house with the girls making my night by making me laugh with their funny childhood escapades. They are like my sisters now.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

“Sorry, Ji, but I have to go back already. I’ll see you tomorrow if I can,” she kisses me in the cheeks and leave without waiting for my reply or anyone to say goodbye back to her.

 

But the girls are giggling nonstop. Why?

 

I stand up at the realization. “Don’t tell me she’s busy again tomorrow?”

 

“Well, to make the matter short, you are both busy tomorrow because you, too, are having a tight schedule for tomorrow. So, whatever your plan is for making up with the missing in action birthday guest is off,” YG-hyung clarifies with a strict voice.

 

I sigh at the total loss for words and total loss of my time together with Jihye as we are both busy with our careers. “Why is Jihye so busy with photoshoots?”

 

“Oh! Those are past promises when she is still modeling. It is just that they are all clustered in one schedule that’s why she’s having a hectic one for this week. All of the shoots are being held in Korea for the sake of them not being scoop out that Jihye is their next cover for their magazines,” Eunjae explains as she drinks on the wrong glass and it is registered in my face that it is wrong.

 

Eunjae looks down and sees what I’m being surprise about. “Ah!” she exclaims. “Mianhe, Bae-ssi.”

 

We, all, stop from all our activities as we heard that.

 

Eunjae blushes at her mistake and her girlfriends can’t stop laughing at her. So, I am right that there is something inspiring happening to Youngbae that is why he is smiling every now and then whenever I help him with his album.

 

I ask Jihye about it but she sidetracks me whenever I pry on that topic and now, I know why. She is kind of protecting the secret of these two from me. FROM ME?! Wae? Am I unreliable? Do I look like I will tell it to the whole world? Argh! I have to talk to her tonight or tomorrow. Whatever time, I have to talk to her.

 

“She just don’t want to pry on the budding relationship of those two,” Dahee whispers to me as she is sitting next to me as Top-hyung is seated on this side of the table. “She is not the person who wants to tell what she doesn’t know anything about even if she can see it with her own eyes.”

 

“No touching, jagiya,” Top utters sternly as he looks at Dahee’s hand lying on mine.

 

I chuckle. And they say I’m the jealous type, I thought. Well, I am a jealous type but who says men doesn’t get jealous. They just hide it well and only few are vocal about it.

 

My phone beeps and I check who it is.

 

Fr: Mon Cherie

 

                I left your gift on the recording room. I forgot to give it to you earlier. I hope you like it. I am sorry for not being free in your birthday. Please, enjoy your party later tonight and have a blast with Kiko.

 

P.S

 

I invited Kiko Mizuhara. So, take care for her for me. It’s a gift for helping me with the scandal and you have no choice in it.

 

“EEEHHH!” I shout in surprise. “What the…”

 

“Jiyong,” Youngbae cautions then glance at Sumi.

 

Ah! I nearly forgot that Sumi is so innocent of this world and you can’t cuss in front of her or else the girls will skin you alive.

 

Argh! Why the hell did she invite Kiko when she’s not there? Does she want to have another issue about Kiko and me? I heave a frustrated sigh at the questions running in my head.

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

Eunjae’s P.O.V

 

I don’t know what Jihye is thinking for inviting Kiko in Jiyong’s party tonight and all of us, girls, are not even gonna go there. It is like Jihye’s putting Jiyong in the sight of the second lioness. I don’t know what she really is thinking right now and she’s keeping it to herself. It is like she’s trying to trap someone. Is it Jiyong or is it Kiko? Or is she trying to separate herself from Jiyong?

 

“Eunjae, what are you thinking?” Youngbae asks me worriedly.

 

I smile at how thoughtful he is of what I’m feeling but sometimes I’m not used to it and I end up snapping at him. And I can’t still tell him about my past. It’s like there’s still this wall surrounding me that I can’t break or even he.

 

This is what worries Jihye and Chaewon, the most. It is the feeling that you are used to when your guard is always up that sometimes even the sincerity of the person can’t do anything.

 

“It’s nothing. Are you not going in Jiyong’s party?” I change the subject without him noticing.

 

“The lunch earlier is the party I’m attending too,” he replies coyly with his famous eye smile.

 

“Aisht! Using your aegyo won’t work on me, Bae,” I reply acting to be firm.

 

Youngbae pouts and uses more aegyo to me. Looking at him right now, you will not think that Bae can do something like this when he’s not outside of the building. I wonder if he can do this outside. Will he lose his charm or will he gain more popularity?

 

------------------------------------------------

 

Top’s P.O.V

 

“Will Jihye,” I am cut off by my girlfriend even before I can finish my question.

 

“She already did.”

 

I look at her, astounded. Jihye already did invite Kiko for the party later tonight. What’s happening with my little sister? Did she lose her mind with all the scandals she’s been through for the couple of weeks? I thought she is just joking about it when she plans to invite Kiko for the night party but that was when she’s still going to be there but now, she’s not going to be there.

 

“What is she planning?” I ask Dahee seriously.

 

Dahee shrugs and sighs. “Even I don’t know. Nobody knows what she’s trying to do.”

 

“Is she pushing herself away from Jiyong? You know, she has so many shoot schedules for today. Who will believe that three shoots in a row for three different magazines?” I utter inquisitively and accusing too.

 

Dahee giggles and rest her hand on my arm. “Jihye is not doing that. The shoots for today are really promised shoots on the editor-in-chief of the magazines. It is just that the only available time of the photographers and location is today. And we know that Jihye is the person who doesn’t break promises as much as she can,” Dahee explains with sincerity in her voice.

 

“I just hope you are right,” I utter defeated. I can never win when Dahee is reasoning out. Aisht! I’m totally losing my pride when it comes to her and it’s alright.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

I look at my new shackle from Jihye. It’s really cute of her to give something like this and she really like something that is simple. “But this is not in the Cartier website,” I utter to no one since I’m alone in my room preparing for the party.

 

The ring is a simple silver band like the other simple designs from Cartier but this one is just a simple silver band with three small sparkling crystals in the middle and inside is the J heart J. I think it’s a pair because the velvet box can hold two and the other one is missing on the box. Just thinking about it makes my heart flutters nonstop.

 

“I have to get ready,” I speak out loud even if I’m alone.

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

Haeri’s P.O.V

 

“So, this is the club.” I look up and smirk as I plan on party crashing just to get into my soon to be boyfriend, Kwon Jiyong.

 

I wonder if Jihye is going to be here. I would have loved to kiss Jiyong in front of her and ensued chaos in them. That would be fun. Then they can have a great rift and I will enter the scene like a temptress.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

It’s already night time and yet, my shoot is not yet done. I still have to go out to get the night walk photos that the magazine wants. It’s a good thing it’s not cold to go out this night.

 

“Jihye, we will like to change your accessories,” the stylist says politely.

 

“Uhmmm…can you not change this one ring in particular. I promise the Cartier ring creator that I will not remove it from my finger for the whole week.” The stylist smiles and agrees with me.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This cover is made by a dear subscriber, dontholdgrudges. I want to thank her for this. So, I dedicate this chapter to her. Kamsahamnida!!!

-authornim "nuna02"

 

Thank you for reading!

I hope you like this chapter!

Comment!

Upvote!

Subscribe!

Do anything you want!

Kamsahamnida!

-authornim