Change

SHE

Chapter 44:

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

I am on my way to the photoshoot and it’s about weddings. I heave a sigh, knowing that there are things that will not run smoothly after the magazine is release. As a professional model, I can do my job without being sidetracked just because it is my lover who is going to be paired with me but as a normal person, the consequences about the hate of the fans and especially Haeri will always linger in my mind.

 

“If you are worried about the reaction of the fans, I will just remind you that YG approved this before he says go with the contract,” Eunjae says to reassure me that everything will be fine. Eunjae is here as my manager and needs to look after me.

 

“Well, it’s not easy to please people. I have many critics in the modeling world when I’m still on the runway and when I’m on the cover of magazines but this time, I’m going to a battlefield knowing I’m not the only one who will get the hate,” I respond worriedly. Korea and Paris are different places. Paris is a country where I am used to get bashed by critics since they are the people I will learn from but in Korea, my critics are way out of line than professionals.

 

“It’s going to be alright and if he finds out about you being Anna with the comments from the fans and the professionals then we have to trust on his words that he will not let go of you, no matter what,” Eunjae expresses with a serious face.

 

“Trust, eh?” I utter, looking outside the window. That’s something hard to gain and easy to lose. This time it is easy to lose since Jiyong’s trust to me is based on what I showed him. Will he stay or will he leave me?

 

“Be a professional and it will run smoothly. It is not your first wedding shoot after all,” Eunjae reminds me again and again.


“I know,” I reply.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

I take in a breath before going inside the studio. I put on a smile then enter the studio. “Good morning, everyone,” I greet warmly.

 

“Good morning, Ms. Jihye,” the staffs greet, all at the same time.

 

“You are not with Mr. Jiyong?” The editor in chief asks as he walks towards me with the photographer, I guess.

 

“Ah no, I don’t even know where Jiyong lives,” I lie convincingly. I am a liar after all, a very big fat liar.

 

“Anyway, this is Mr. Lee, your photographer for today.” Editor in chief introduces the man beside him.

 

“Hello, I am Minho Lee not the famous actor,” he jokes as he stretches his hand.

 

I shake his hand and smile. “Hello, I’m Jihye Song. Please, take good care of me today,” I state politely.

 

“I am sorry I am late.” I recognize it as the voice of Jiyong. I look back and see him greeting the staffs one by one. “Good morning Jihye,” he greets.

 

“Good morning, Jiyong,” I reply back a little bit distant because all eyes are on us.

 

“Good morning, Mr. Jeong and…” Jiyong gazes at the photographer beside the editor in chief.

 

“He is your photographer for today and his name is Minho Lee, not the famous actor.” Mr. Jeong says the punch line with a straight face and it is way funnier that way.

 

“Hello, I’m Kwon Jiyong,” Jiyong introduces his self and bows.

 

Mr. Lee bows and introduces his self the same way.

 

 Mr. Jeong claps his hands to get attention and says, “Let us start and get the models ready.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

“Jiyong, move a little closer to the right, then Jihye, show me a little bit shy look,” Mr. Lee orders as he clicks the camera. “That’s great. Jiyong, give me a little more seriousness in your eyes.” He walks around. “Yes, that’s great.” He praises Jiyong.

 

We are now in a different location shoot. It’s a good thing it is a secluded place and no fans of Jiyong are seeing us like this or else, the shoot will have to be cancelled. Maybe because I am injured or been attacked by them. That will be great headline news.

 

“Let’s change location again and change the dress and look of the groom and bride,” Mr. Lee barks his orders again.

 

“Are you not tired yet?” Jiyong asks me worriedly.

 

“This is my work and I will never get tired in a photoshoot since I enjoy it,” I reply to him.

 

“Here,” Jiyong kneels and gathers the dress so that I can walk more carefully and easily. “This dress is so puffy and heavy at the same time,” he expresses.

 

“It is,” I agree without a doubt. I have changed three times already and will be going to the last location, a church. I am not fond of the idea of being it taken to a church. It is like I am spiting his fans that I have married Jiyong in a church but there’s nothing I can do. This is work and not reality. I am only 24 and will not get married at such young age.

 

“You sure do have a good chemistry and you get along well,” Mr. Lee points out.

 

“Ah thanks,” Jiyong and I, both, say awkwardly.

 

“I am having fun taking photos of you since you never just let me bark orders. You even give out many amazing shots.” Mr. Lee rumbles goes on as we walk back to the van waiting for me and Jiyong. We are using one vehicle to be a little convenient.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

“You, two, are doing well,” Eunjae praises when we are in the van already. “Keep your distant attitude towards each other then everything will go smoothly.”

 

“Yeah,” I respond. “Every time I move or Jiyong moves, the eyes are instantly on us. It is kind of nerve wracking but I think I am getting used to it already.”

 

“Be a little careful since not every staffs are secretive when they see something worth gossiping about,” Mr. Kim warns.

 

“We know,” Jiyong and I respond at the same time.

 

“Here, drink some water,” Jiyong offers his bottle of water to me.

 

I smile and take it. “Thanks. Anyway, the last dress is Chanel, right? How did they get hold of a Chanel wedding dress?”

 

Eunjae giggles and looks at me. “Didn’t they tell you?” I shake my head in response. “Karl, send it from Paris. The stylist said that when their team contact a Chanel boutique from Paris, they are gob smacked when the shop volunteered to send the dress for free in a days’ time.”

 

I sigh as I hear the explanation. “He never really changes. He always dotes on me.”

 

“Karl loves you like a child and no one ever opposed to that since everyone knows that you are capable of your job.” Eunjae mutters warmly. “Anyway, don’t slip up on the last shoot, arasso?”

 

“Yes, ma’am,” I say sarcastically.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

“Good,” Mr. Lee says again. “Now, can you put your foreheads together and smile to each other and hold hands.”

 

 “Ah,” Jiyong and I say in surprise. I can even see that Jiyong is blushing a bit from it.

 

“Come on, this will be a great shot,” Mr. Lee encourages.

 

I heave a deep breath and do what I am told. As I hear the last click, my heart pounds normal again.

 

“Great, that’s the last shot.”

 

Jiyong and I sigh in relief at the same time. We exchange glances before laughing at ourselves.

 

“You’ve work hard and thank you for giving me such a fun time in the shoot.” Mr. Lee speaks as he approaches us.

 

“Thank you for your guidance,” we state.

 

Mr. Lee smiles warmly. “You really do have a great chemistry. I can see that through the lenses and I am grateful that you don’t complain even if I am ordering something you are not used to do together. As a professional, you, two, are great.” He smiles again. “The editor in chief will tell your managers when the magazine is out.”

 

“Thank you, Mr. Lee.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong is busy with his album out in the market. It is a little bit hectic for him but he finds time to squeeze some time with me.

 

“You should just rest rather than spend time with your girlfriend, who you talk over the phone almost every day,” I tease.

 

“You are busy too and I can’t let this day go since this is the only time we are both free for the day,” Jiyong replies. “Have you heard that the magazine is going to be out today?”

 

“I know,” I respond. “That’s why I am hiding in the house to relax and yet, you are here bothering me.” Jiyong looks up with a scowl on his face. I chuckle in amusement and straighten the frown on his face. “I am kidding,” I express and kiss him in the lips.

 

“Every time you do something bad, you kiss me just to get away from it,” Jiyong grumbles but smiles. “Well, I like it but can we not go out today?”

 

I shake my head. “I am afraid, YG-appa told me specifically that don’t go out today or else hell will break lose.”

 

Jiyong sighs and sits up. We are in the garden lying on the grass. “I want us to be a normal couple,” he blurts out.

 

I smile warmly and hug him. “We are normal in a sense but Jiyong; we cannot be the normal couple that will roam around the city. You are going to cause some ruckus if that happens.”

 

Jiyong puts his hand on my hands encircled to him. “Cherie, do you think if I tell the whole world that you are my girlfriend, something will change?”

 

“Eh?” I utter in surprise. “Everything will change. For one, I will not be able to go out without bodyguards or be alone for a minute. We will not have a normal date like we used too. And last, we will always be on our toes since all eyes are on us. That will be a bad situation since I think that we will be at wits end and ends up breaking up just like they wanted.”

 

Jiyong heaves a sigh and his shoulder slumps. “That is really bad. I bet that even YG-hyung will not even let me see you when that happens.”

 

“You’ll be lucky enough if that’s the only thing he does. What if he told you that we should break up even if we are not fighting about it?” I inquire at Jiyong.

 

“Yeah, I’ll be lucky if it’s only YG-hyung, who is against it but I am afraid that everyone around you treat you like a princess they need to protect.”

 

I laugh at his statement. Well, yeah, everyone I know is protective of me but I am afraid that they are like that since they know my circumstances especially my three little guardians, namely YG, Top and Teddy. “Well, it is not something I can control but if you don’t give up, they will relent somehow.” If Jiyong doesn’t give up, that is.

 

“What will you do if I give up?”

 

I look at Jiyong again in shock. “Just like I said, if you give up, you will lose me.” I will not fight for it even if I wanted to. My heart already felt its first ever heartbreak the worst way. I don’t think my heart will ever get to recuperate when it is left hanging because of my past mistakes. I will not hang on to a love when the other one lost its trust on me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

I hop you love or like it!

Subscribe!

Comment!

Upvote!

Kamsahamnida!

-authornim