Epilogue

SHE

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

“Flash news:

 

Female reporter: There’s a big buzz on the internet when the YG Entertainment let out a one minute track of an unfinished song for their anniversary. The fans said that it is definitely the voice of Jiyong together with his fiancée, Jihye Song. Is this the first duet we can hear and buy from the power couple? Will it be a whole album or just one track? Whatever it is, the fans said that they are excited to hear it.”

 

“YG-appareally knows how to promote a song,” Eunjae says before turning off the television.

 

“Why do they brand us as a power couple?” Jihye remarks annoyed while munching on her cereals.

 

“Are you not? I will even call you, super-duper power couple, if I have to,” Chaewon implies. “You always give half of your shares in the songs you’ve made to charity, you even give lucky fans of yoursand Jiyongdesigner bags every Christmas, you try to…”

 

“Okay stop,” I say. “Giving to charity has been my thing since we build our own restaurants and bars and giving gifts to lucky fans are not that much troublesome since I don’t usually use all the designer bags I have and they are the bags that Jiyongand I don’t use that much anymore. And whatever saintly act you will say, I do them because I want to and there’s no need for you to enumerate them. I am not asking God to put me on the saint list.”

 

“I’m sure what she want to say is, why is she not counted as a lucky fan,” Dahee utters while rubbing her eyes. “Why are we talking about some saintly deeds early in the morning?”

 

“I don’t know to Chaewon,” I say and drink the last drop of my water. “Anyway, what time did you arrive last night?”

 

“Past midnight, the party in the restaurant last night ended past their reservation. It’s alright since they paid for the extra hours.”

 

“That’s good. Anyhow, how’s the preparation for your upcoming wedding in four months’ time?” I inquire while gathering the dish plates I used for my breakfast and walks towards the kitchen sink to clean up.

 

“It’s going well but it’s a bit tiring. We have one year in preparing but it is still too fast to me since Top is busy with acting and their tour.” Dahee sighs.

 

“Well, you have hired a coordinator to help you, right?” I go back to sit on the couch and sits beside the tired Dahee. I wrap my arm around her and comfort her. “Well, at least, your husband is working for a living.”

 

Dahee exhales again. “But I at least want my soon to be husband in the planning, physically, not via online.”

 

“Endure it a bit more, after all, after this they will enter the military,” I remind her. Well, yeah, Top and Dahee will get married in four months and yes, after that they will enter the military and Bigbang will be gone for quite some time.

 

I feel Dahee’s depression grows more. “I dread for that day because I am not even with my husband for years. Isn’t that horrible?”

 

“They can go home for a break. At least, Top will go home with a loving wife waiting for him. That’s what you, two, are dreaming about, right? You or him going home and being welcomed by their partner. It is part of life of the Korean men to enter in the military, sweetheart.” I put our heads together. “Jiyong is going in to and he’s not yet my husband.”

 

“That’s not even comforting, Jihye,” Eunjae utters. “Even if Jiyong is not your husband, he still goes home to you before he goes home in his own home.”

 

I glare at Eunjae. Hello! I am trying to comfort the depress bride-to-be here. “Let’s just go somewhere for today. Go dress up and will try to have some fun before I shoot for the music video of the song that YG is going to release for their anniversary.” I sigh. “Why did I even accept this?”

 

Dahee chuckles.“Because you love YGE, YG-appa and Jiyong. Well, it took two years for the fans to accept your relationship and this time, they will hear your soothing voice and knew one reason why Jiyong fell in love with you.”

 

“I don’t know whatever you are talking about,” I deny and pull her up and push her to get ready for the date. “Dress beautifully, my dear. I don’t want people saying that the soon to be wife of Top is haggard and ugly.” I wink at Dahee and Eunjae laughs hysterically.

 

“YAH! I am not ugly,” Dahee shrieks before walking out on us.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

NIGHT TIME…

 

“Welcome girls, and this is the bridal shower for the future Mrs. Choi,”Bom cheers and raises her glass like everyone else. “And we present to you our y dancers for tonight.”

 

My mouth drops when two men goes out in the stage with little piece of clothing hiding their, you know what that is. I cover my face in disbelief and sighs. “Who arranged this party?” I say exasperated.

 

“The girls did,” Eunjae responds.

 

“Oh my gosh! I don’t know about this one. I did have few issues for the past two years but this one will probably be the breaking point of YG-appa.” I heave a deep breath and look on my engagement ring. This ring causes a huge commotion in Korea and even the site of the maker. This expensive ring, which I will not say how much, is the star of the proposal rather than how Jiyong proposed to me. It is a Cartier ring as per usual. It is again made especially for me with the special design created by Jiyong.

 

“I am pretty clear that appa will cut our heads off if this is publicized,” Eunjae comments.

 

“Who wouldn’t? As long as those men dance like that and we have a blushing bride,” I point on the stage. “I think we better hide for the rest of our lives.”

 

Eunjae claps loudly. “OKAY!!! MEN with little clothing, your job here is done and we will pay you the same rate but please, for s’ sake, leave us alone,” she shouts.

 

“AWWW!!! Party pooper,” CL and Dara-unnie say.

 

“Girls, we have the most troublesome person inside this bar,” Eunjae exclaims and points at me. “If Jihye gets blame for this, we might as well prepare our sorry speech to YG-sajangnim. And if we are lucky, he accepts but if he didn’t, better hide well, ladies.”

 

“GO AWAY, MEN WITH LITTLE CLOTHING!!!” CL and Dara-unnie shout and shoo the dancers away.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

   "I heard about the bridal shower,” Jiyong says on the other line.

 

I yawn and lie down on my bed. “What did you hear?” Well, I have completely escaped a life and death situation against fans again.

 

“About the dancing men that Eunjae fired before it turns to worst, or about Chaewon kissing Dahee because of a dare, about Sumi shouting at the street ‘I LOVE YOU SEUNGHYUN-OPPA’, or maybe the moment when you have to act like you are deeply in love with Top-hyung. Well, about everything. Is Dahee alright?”

 

“Well, you heard most about everything and I’m sorry for postponing the shoot for the music video of our song. I didn’t know that our party will last late.Dahee is too drunk but do tell Top-oppanot to worry that much. We have strapped Dahee on her bed.”

 

“It’s alright. YG-appa had already anticipated that when Chaewon ask for permission about you. Anyway, I’ll be back tomorrow for the shoot. So, we better finish everything tomorrow, arasso? Anyway, I know you are tired. So, I’ll let you rest, love. Goodnight and I love you.”

 

“I love you too, love. I hope that I’m not grumpy tomorrow.” Please, let me be in good mood tomorrow.

 

“Are you still having morning sickness? Sorry about that but as soon as I’m home will announce it to the world, arasso? Sleep well, love.”

 

“……”

 

“Love?”Jiyong chuckles. “Good night. Saranghaeyo.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

“Flash news:

 

Female reporter: The whole Korea is in complete turmoil of happiness, giddiness, and sadness. Even the social media sites are busy with this trending news. Together with the release of the duet song of the power couple, Jiyong Kwon and Jihye Song, even the release of the music video of it, they have announced the pregnancy of Jihye Song with their first child.

 

Male reporter: That is good news. It is a bit unconventional because the baby comes before the wedding. But people are happy for the couple and have you seen the music video, they are so sweet together and you can see the love they have for each other.

 

Female reporter: Yes, but fans are a bit jealous of Ms. Jihye Song. Well, ‘My Ending’, the title of the new song, is written by the lovely couple for their engagement and as you can see in the lyrics how they cherish each other.

 

Male reporter: Well, two member of Bigbang are out in the market. Well, Kpop stars are not getting any younger so more or less they have to settle too.

 

Female: I agree with you. I remember the thing when Jiyong said, that you will know who you will marry when you see her or him. I guess Top and G-dragron of Bigbang found their soulmates with the two lovely IT girls of Seoul. So, fans, let’s be happy with your oppas’ life.”

 

“Well, at least, it’s not more chaotic like old time,” Manager Kim remarks in relief. “I still think that whenever an issue arise, people will speculate and a lot more hate will come out.”

 

I chuckle and give Jiyong the water bottle and he accepts it and drink from it. “You are still in your toes. I thought that we are already immune to that stage but I guess, since you are a manager, it’s a bit different from your perspective.”

 

 “Anyway, you will perform this song in M-countdown as the comeback stage for Jiyong.” Manager Kim gives us the copy of the lyrics and how will the stage look like. “Sajangnim has already approved the stage and everything, except for the clothes you will use.”

 

I look at Jiyong and he smiles. “Fine, but please don’t choose something restricting and something shocking in color. You know that it’s not in my color pallet and not too much design, I hate those for now.”

 

“You sure are picky when you’re pregnant,” Manager Kim states.

 

“Grumpy too,” I honestly reply. “I appreciate all of your efforts for being compassionate about my moodsswings.”

 

Jiyong holds my hand and gives me a kiss on the forehead. “It’s part of it.”

 

I hiss in annoyance. “It’s your fault, ,” I tease.

 

“That you love…” he muses.

 

I pout and then smile. “That I love. This is tomorrow right, Manager Kim?” I just hope that I’m in a good mood again. “I heard that Top-oppa will have his stud party in twosome. Is the preparation done?”

 

Jiyong shrugs. “It is Seungri’s part…”

 

I gasp in surprise. “Oh gosh, I just hope that it ends well. It is maknae after all.”

 

Jiyong closes his mouth and agrees with me. “As long as it is decent, it will be fine but if it isn’t, I bet our heads will be served in a silver platter to YG-hyung.”

 

I rub my temples and close my eyes. “Ji,” I pull him towards me and rest my head on his shoulder. “I’m a bit sleepy. Wake me up when you are done with the meeting.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

I smile when I hear the soft snores my fiancée is making. She must really be tired from being grumpy with her pregnancy and she is still busy managing the bars and the restaurant together with the girls.

 

“Sorry for being late…” the guest stops from talking and looks at us.

 

YG-hyung enters and smiles at the scene. “I’m sorry about that. Please be a bit considerate of her for now.”

 

“No, it’s alright. It has been year since they have posed for the cover of the magazine and they are still not dating back then. But now, they are getting married for real. So, this time, we want to have them pose for Wedding Magazine. After all, it has been months since Ms. Dahee and Mr. Seunghyun grace the cover for our magazine,” Mr. Jeong says.

 

“Can I sit on the couch? Jihye looks uncomfortable in her position.” I speak to both of them.

 

“Yeah, sure,” the two answer.

 

“And one more, if you have to, can you please schedule the shoot before her bump becomes bigger. I think Jihye will like to be curvier before she grows bigger.”

 

“Yah, Jiyong,” she murmurs sleepily. She opens her eyes, tries to open them but failing to do so. “As long as I’m not big as a bear then I will be fine but I will appreciate if I will not be on tabloids for being a big fat bride.”

               

“Hush,” I say, “and sleep.” I carry her and walk towards the couch. I carefully lay her down in the couch and then sit at the other end and place her head on my lap. I caress her head to relax her a bit. “Let’s start the meeting again.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

I can’t remove my eyes from the cover chosen for this month issue of Wedding Magazine. I can’t even move my hand to see the other pages. Just seeing the little bump makes a smile to my face. It is a good thing the dress shows every best asset my fiancée has.

 

“What are you looking at?” Jihye walks in the room with a glass of milk in her hand and peers at the magazine I am holding. “Oh, are you still not over it?”

 

“Well, who would be over this? It is a sold out issue within an hour,” I say proudly. “Have you seen how gorgeous you are? You are blooming, love.” I grin while looking at her.

 

Jihye chuckles and ruffles my hair. “You act like a kid, Ji.” She then kisses the top of my head then leaves me.

 

“Where are you going?” I inquire, my eyes trailing her.

 

“I want to rest. My bump is bigger now than the photo in that magazine and it wears me out quickly. Can I rest?” She yawns and rests her head on her pillow then a moment of silence; I can hear her soft breathing.

 

I smile warmly and stand up. I walk towards her side on the bed then kneel. “Good night,” I whisper and place a kiss on her forehead.

 

  “Good night,” she murmurs and pouts her lips.

 

I chuckle at her cuteness. I place a kiss on her pouted lips. “Sleep well. I’ll try to be back early or just call me when you crave for something.”

 

Jihye nods her head sluggishly. “I love you,” she whispers.

 

“I love you too,” I reply.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Here I am standing as we wait for the bride to enter. The people in the hall clap their hands when Dahee enters. She is a blushing bride indeed and alongside her are her parents. After the long wait and a lot of hiding of Top-hyung, they are now finally going to tie the knot.

 

Eunjae jeers together with Chaewon as Dahee pass in our side.

 

Dahee turns her head and glares at the two girls.

 

“You guys are too childish as always,” Jihye utters in disbelief. “Can we behave for the ceremony?”

 

Arasso,” Eunjae responds. She now knows not to fight with a pregnant woman especially Jihye. Eunjae learns her lesson when one time she called Jihye a buffalo. I don’t know what to do when Jihye burst into anger and Eunjae is left with an open mouth and speechless.

 

We stop talking when the ceremony starts. I wrap my arm around my still slim fiancée but with a big watermelon in her stomach. She’s too slim and I am worried that I don’t feed her enough.

 

Jihye leans her head and wraps her arm on my waist. “She looks amazing,” she remarks.

 

“You’re more amazing,” I say and place a kiss in her head.

 

“Smitten,” I hear Eunjae states with a teasing tone.

 

I chuckle. “I do,” I mutter.

 

Jihye looks up in surprise then smiles. “Of course, it’s an I do,” she replies.

 

“Argh!”Eunjae groans in ire. “We are not yet eating sweets but I feel like puking from too much sweetness.”

 

“Bitter much,” Jihye says then chuckles. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too.”