Mis-

SHE

Chapter 56:

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

“I’m sorry, Jihye. I couldn’t save your child. The knife…”

 

I close my eyes as tears fall down on my eyes. I couldn’t move, think or even say anything. It is like my voice is trapped. I feel my body shake because of the unshed out loud cries of my sadness. “I didn’t know. I didn’t know about it.”

 

“Ji...”

 

“Mom,” I cried, “I didn’t know. I didn’t ing know. It hurts, Mom. It hurts.” My body shakes more as I cry and cry.

 

“Baby, hush,” Mom says. She hugs and rubs my back.

 

I hug her back and cries more hurt inside more than the pain I am feeling in my stab wound. “I lost it. I lost my baby, mom.”

 

“It’s an accident. You didn’t want it to happen,” mom utters to comfort me.

 

I gasp for air as my eyes open wide. I sit upright and huff some air out to even my breathing. “Why did I ing dream about that?” I place my hand on my forehead then sighs. It has been a while since I remember that scene. I didn’t even know I got over it, maybe, I didn’t at all.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

“You ing what…” Eunjae shouts in surprise.

 

“I dreamt about the time when Aunt told me I lost it,” I tell her again. “I recall the pain I felt when I found out about it.”

 

“Lessen it by telling him that you left him because you know what he will do to Haeri and the fans if he knew about the miscarriage.”

 

“You had a miscarriage.”

 

Eunjae and I look at the person or persons standing in shock.

 

“Jihye, you had…”

               

I sigh and nod my head. “Yes, the time I was stabbed. The knife unfortunately hit a vital part, that’s what you are told but the real meaning of it was that I was under surgery because of the baby that unfortunately didn’t live before it was born.” I try to explain that as straight without stuttering or shaking in pain.

 

“Ji…”

 

“Chaewon, Dahee, you didn’t hear anything about miscarriage and even if you comfort her now, you know that this girl will not want it,” Eunjae stops the two girls from pitying me.

               

“But… Jiyong, hated you for nothing,” Dahee says sadly.

 

I turn back to work on our, Eunjae and I, coffees. “I am fine as long as he doesn’t know about the baby. He will hate Haeri for sure and blame the fans again, just like the time when I got stab.”

 

“So, you broke up with freaking Jiyong because if he finds out about the baby, hell will break lose,” Chaewon points out.

 

I close my eyes. “As long as we are clear about your mouth shut then everything will be fine.” I grab the tray with coffees and go to where Eunjae is sitting.

 

“NO!!! Do you know how hurt Jiyong is? You didn’t see how lifeless he is, Jihye,” Dahee bursts out.

 

“Dahee…” Chaewon utters in disapproval. “There are two sides in a story especially when you didn’t see Jihye…”

 

“Chae…” I in to stop Chaewon from blurting out something I didn’t want to recall. I hate the weak Jihye. It takes me a long time before finally getting a smile on my face even if I am far from the places that will make me remember him. It takes me too long to finally accept the fact that I lost something I can’t get back.

 

“Why do you always want to be misunderstood? Jihye isn’t it time for you to be understood. You don’t do anything half-hearted and you decide straight on without looking back. That’s why most of the times they think you are cold-hearted,” Chaewon shrieks to me.

 

“As long as one person understands me, I am happy,” I reply warmly. I don’t care if the people around me misunderstood me but as long as one of these girls knows how I am feeling and understand me, I will be fine.

 

“Is breakfast ready?” Sumi enters the room sleepily.

 

“Yes, we are just waiting for you,” Eunjae responds cheerfully and gets up from her seat. She then gives me a quick glance.

 

I heave a silent sigh and smiles at Sumi. “Let’s eat.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Top’s P.O.V

 

“Do you really have to avoid us?” I ask Jihye. We are meeting after a long time and again, it’s in secret. “You look better after two years,” I remark.

 

Jihye looks up and smiles warmly. “I have to look better or else people will think that I forget on taking care of myself,” she responds coolly. “And I am not avoiding you. I am just away for vacation for two years…”

 

She needed two years of vacation to get away from us, is what I am thinking. “It took you too long to come back. I have missed my little sister.” I stand up and hug her.

 

“Are you crying, Seunghyun Choi?” Jihye teases. “I miss you too, just like my best friends. You are my big brother and I love you like a real one.” She hugs me tight and I can feel that she is shaking a little.

 

“Are you crying, Jihye Song?” I tease back.

 

Jihye chuckles and shakes her head. “Shall we eat already? I am starving and I hate drama.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

“Jiyong, I don’t know if she will accept the proposal. I barely even had a yes from her to see iKon and Winner. How can I have another yes from her?” YG-hyung explains to me.

 

“Just do it. She did a song in my album. I think she can spare us, the boys, one song. This time it is collaboration with me,” I state sternly. “Say it first to her and let us see what her answer will be?”

 

“Why are you even want to collaborate with her? Are you trying something?”

 

“I am not aching to do something you thought, hyung. What I want is her talent in making music, that is all I want,” I say straight-faced. Yes, that is all I want, nothing more and nothing less, maybe.

 

YG-hyung sighs and nods his head. “Then I will ask Dahee to tell your proposition to Jihye.”

 

My hunch is right. Even now, the girls are secretive. Their new house is a secret again even to Top-hyung. Now that she is back, the secrecy is back.  “Then I better get going. I still have to meet Teddy-hyung.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Seunghyun-hyung,” I call.

 

He looks back and has the expression of surprise then he smiles awkwardly. “Yes?”

 

“Did you just come to the building?” I inquire curiously. Well, I know hyung likes to be late but this is super late. Did he go somewhere?

 

“Yes, I met a friend that sells furniture. Why do you ask?” he answers.

 

“Nothing, I’m just asking. Do you have a rehearsal?”

 

“Yes, but I will just go to the cafeteria to get some coffee. Do you want some?” he offers.

 

“No,” I shake my head in response. “I will be over caffeinated if I take one more coffee,” I jest, leaving Top-hyung as I enter the recording room.

 

“That’s a new scene to see,” Teddy-hyung teases. “Jiyong smiling genuinely, that is new to my eyes.”

 

Hyung,” I sulk childishly.

 

Arasso, arasso,” hyung replies grinning. “Let’s start.”

 

“Yeah,” I answer and sit at the free chair beside Teddy-hyung.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

“You are kidding me, right?” I can’t believe this. He is asking for the freaking impossible from me. Does he think that what he is asking is easy?

 

“I ask the same thing to YG-appa but he said that Jiyong is seriously asking for collaboration for the album of Bigbang with you,” Dahee responds while prepping table.

 

I grab the wine glass and drink some wine. “I will think about it.”

 

A crash and shatter of glass is heard in the dining room. We look at the culprit and she is looking at me, disbelieving and surprise.

 

“Are you trying to kill yourself?” Eunjae shrieks. “You are trying to kill your heart, Jihye.”

 

“Clean that,” I point to the shattered glass on the floor, “and I am not killing my heart, Eunjae. Maybe, if you and Youngbae can be friends, just maybe, we can be friends.”

 

“Youngbae and I have different circumstance from you and Jiyong. We can be friends because we have mutual understanding of our problem but you and him, don’t have any understanding,” Eunjae explains as she gets a broom and dustpan to clean her rubbish.

 

“It’s a bit complicated for us but I am sure, we’ll get better as days passes by,” I say unsure. I am hoping that at least after all that we’ve been through, we can still be friends. We start as one and I hope ends as one, friends.

 

“You are just going to hurt yourself, Jihye. We, all, know that you never had move one step away from loving him,” Chaewon says, like she is pleading for me to reconsider my decision.

 

“I still don’t have an answer guys. I just said that I will think about it. So relax, will you? And I don’t plan on hurting myself.” I hope I am not going to get hurt.

 

“Why are you going to hurt, Jihye-unnie?” Sumi comes in the dining room, cutting in at the right time. She always comes in when I need her. I am grateful for that.

 

“It’s because Eunjae drop a glass while we are goofing around,” I lie smoothly with a warm smile. Sumi doesn’t have to be bothered by my problem. She is busy in her studies and she has to focus on it. “Now, that we are complete. Let’s eat.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

“So…” I drawl.

 

“Jihye accepted the offer but she said that she only has an hour a day and has only a week to spare to finish the one song collaboration, you offered,” YG-hyung states casually but with a serious tone, which only means that he means business.

 

“That’s fine with me. All I need is her dedication in making music and her talent. After that, we will be back to being strangers,” I remark pokerfaced.

 

YG-hyung has this poker face too. “I will tell her that.”

 

“Please, tell her that. I don’t want people to think that we are rekindling old ties that died.” YG-hyung stiffens when I said that old ties that died. Is there something wrong with it? “Something wrong?”

 

YG-hyung shakes his head. “Everything is fine,” he responds.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

I hope you like it!

Enjoy!

Upvote!

Comment!

Subscribe!

-authornim