Question

SHE

Chapter 30:

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

“Did you just say today is your birthday?” he shrieks like a mad woman. But I should really aggravate him more, so, I nod sheepishly trying to act more innocently. “Why didn’t you say so?” He stomps his feet.

 

 “Uhmm…you didn’t ask. Why are you acting like that in the first place? It is just a birthday?” I respond to him like it really is nothing but my birthday is like every IT girl’s birthday. It has to be grand and lively.

 

Being in this kind of society means you have a lot of friends when it is your birthday or you throw up some big party but when there is nothing, you are back to being with your one true friends like always. People in this society are like ghosts when there is limelight they will be there but when there is none, they vanish into thin air. All I can do is sighed.

 

“Jihye!” he shrieks again. Now, he is definitely annoyed with me.

 

I am startled at first but then I begin to laugh hysterically. “My gosh! Jiyong, there is nothing worth fretting about. My party is tonight and the whole company is invited.” I state frankly.

 

He groans again. “Why didn’t anybody tell me?”

 

I shrug in response. I really don’t know why nobody told him but I have definitely told everybody that they are invited except him. But even if I didn’t tell him, his friends would have. Omo! They didn’t tell him, did they?

 

“They didn’t tell me, did they?” he asks me with his glaring eyes.

 

I scratch my head, not knowing what to answer. Jiyong being furious and aggravated is not a good thing. There’s going to happen, something bad as I may say. So, I have to save their asses from the wrath of Jiyong but they will definitely have an ear bleeding crap from him.

 

Noona, Youngbae-hyung asked me to tell you that he will be late for your birthday party tonight.” Seungri shouts to me.

 

All I could do is cover my face with my palm and sigh in aghast. Seungri’s mouth is really one of a kind and he will definitely be killed in a matter of instant by the definitely more aggravated Jiyong beside me. But my other hand is gripping him to stay in place. My force is being tested right now.

 

Omo! Seungri, I’ll see you later at the party and tell YB that I got the message.” I drag Jiyong out of the scene and there’s definitely skidding sound while I’m doing it. Oh my! He is definitely trying hard not to get away from there.

 

I am like doing a comedy show trying real hard to drag him but he is pulling me back and to stay rooted in his place. Aisht! I’m going to get crazy in my special day. I am supposed to have the best relaxing day ever because this only happens once a year and it is so rare for me to get a break.

 

“Jiyong!” I exclaim, trying to make my voice firmly mad about him being stubborn. He looks at me then pouts. “You don’t want to ruin my day, right? We did start it right, so, we should end it right.”

---------------------------------------------------------

 

I drag him to the usual places that I go when I do my relaxing day and the first thing in my list is neither shopping nor spa, it is more on the eating side. I love to go roam around; explore and discover restaurants that can please my palate, which is not so hard to pleased most of the time.

 

“Are you sure you want to eat here?” he inquires, looking so doubtful in the place.

 

“Huh? Yeah, this place is clean even if it doesn’t look like it. Do you always eat in fancy restaurants?” I answer back. The way he looks at me says his answer. “Geez, you don’t eat in this kind of shack? You are really losing the adventure of your life. So, we better start your adventure right now.”

 

I hold his hand and pull him to enter the store. The ahjumma recognizes me and smile widely. Well, isn’t it obvious that I’m a regular in here? The place is well hidden and only few people know about it, mostly the regular customers only.

 

“Jihye-ssi, you told me that you are not coming today because of something special and yet, here you are. This is the first time you went back in your word.” The owner says as she ushers us towards the free seats.

 

Jinjja? I said that.” She nods her head and gives us the menu. “Well, my friend here,” I point him with my hand but he is not happy with the friend introduction.

 

“I’m his boyfriend,” he butts in with his mega-watt smile.

 

I chuckle and look at him and then back to the owner. “Yeah, he’s my boyfriend,” I admit and he plastered his mega-watt smile again this time straight to me. I ignore him and focus my attention to Min-ahjumma, the owner. “I’ll have the usual and you, Ji?”

 

He is still beaming at me. Okay, I’ll put in mind that calling him my boyfriend is not good at all. I glare at him but he didn’t faze at all. He glances at Min-ahjumma. “I’ll have what she will have.”

 

 “Okay,” Min-ahjumma gives an okay sign and goes to the kitchen.

 

“So, I’m your boyfriend?” he chimes happily.

 

“Do you want me to take it back?” I say with a raise of my brow.

 

Aniyo,” he shakes his head. “It’s just so new to my ears.”

 

New to your ears? Damn! I should have really not said it and now, it is annoying me so much with all his smiles. I really want to rub his head down the table and I will be on the headlines with the tag; Song Jihye rubs G-dragon’s face on the table like a towel.

 

Well, that’s not a bad news but that will just add another fire in the fan based of the freaking dragon. I almost roll my eyes there.

 

“Here you go.” Min-ahjumma places the food at the table with a smile. “Enjoy your food and can my daughter have an autograph with your boyfriend, she said she is a fan of him.”

 

“Oh!” I look at Jiyong. He hates being disturbed when it’s our, me time. I nod my head but he looks reluctant about it. “Yeah, sure, he doesn’t mind at all but please tell her not to post it anywhere. After we have eaten, you can drag your daughter here.”

 

“Oh! So, you are really dating in hiding?” I nod my head in response. “Arasso, I will tell her.”

 

“Don’t,” I warn him not to speak anymore. “There is nothing wrong in slacking one or two fans. They just want to have an autograph that will not even take a minute or two of your time and I think you are just being pissed because they hate me for no reason.”

 

“Definitely!” he exclaims and we all now have the attention of every old ones in the store.

 

I glare at him and he mutters a sorry. I sigh and nod my head. “Now, give the daughter a chance to have your autograph and she will love you forever for it.”

 

Arasso,” he agrees, “just this once.”

 

“Just this once?” I repeat with a raise of my tone. “Ji, you have to promise me that even if we are not together you will not get angry or snob your fans for the sake of privacy. You have to be lenient and give one, two or more fans a minute or two of your time.”

 

“Jihye, you are talking as if you are going to leave me.” He speaks.

 

I smile and shake my head. “I’m not saying I’m leaving you. What I’m saying is just a situation that might happen in the future. Ji, we may never know what will happen between the two of us.”

 

He gives me a sad smile. “I will try hard not to leave your side.”

 

I smile an amused smile but I remove it from my lips.

---------------------------------------------------------

 

When we are done eating, the daughter is coming with her mother in tow. She has this huge smile on her face and just by looking at her expectant face is like being cruel if you didn’t give her request.

 

She looks at me but only for a second because she’s all eyes to her idol. That look didn’t seem to be good to me and I have a bad feeling about it.

 

“Min-ahjumma,” I whispered to her ear when I stood up. She looks at me. “I will like to settle the bill.”

 

She nods her head and accompanies me to the cashier. “I’m sorry for the glare that my daughter gave you earlier.”

 

“Ah,” I say awkwardly. “It’s nothing to worry about. I always get that stare whenever I’m out with him.”

 

She gives me a pitiful look. “It’s really hard dating an idol.” I agree with her while paying the food we have. “And thank you for accepting the request of my daughter. He really looks like he doesn’t want to do it at all.”

 

I giggle awkwardly. “You really are very observing of the minute details. He really doesn’t like being disturbed in his private time.”

 

“I can see that,” she agrees. “I hope that this will not make you not go back to our store. You do know I love chatting with you.”

 

“Oh!” I say in surprise. “Of course, I will not be dissuaded by some petty glare that I had with your daughter.” I assure her with a genuine smile.

 

“Ji! Why did you pay for our meal?” he argues.

 

Will we have the comedy routine of who’s going to pay? We always have this fight whenever we eat out. He always likes to play the gentleman and I don’t like that at all. It makes me feel like I’m using him to get free food and clothes.

 

Yeah, we do fight in clothes too. I’m doing an imaginary eye roll, right now. He thinks he’s my parents who buy everything for me. For someone’s sake, I’m a person who is earning money and I can buy things that catch my eyes.

 

I ignore him which he always doesn’t like. “Thanks for the meal.” I bow to Min-ahjumma.

 

She bows back. “Come again.”

               

I drag him out and he starts complaining when we are both in the car. I blow out some air and kiss him on the lips which do the trick to shut him up. I smile and speak, “Mianhe. I will not do it again only in food but not on my shopping because you are not my wallet, arasso?”

 

He nods his head. See, kissing him always makes him quiet.

 

“Shall we go to my next appointment?” I ask and he nods his head again. “We are going back to the coffee shop.”

 

Wae,” he asks back.

 

“My friend, the owner, is going to throw me a small party with his girlfriend. So you better take this as a double date.” I smile as he drives the car out of the parking lot.

 

He really is so easy to persuade in forgetting something. I just wish that it will be easy to persuade him not to fall so much for me. He may have forgotten how hurt he was, when Kiko and he broke up, but that is because we are busy with something. I don’t know what will happen if he and I separate ways.

 

 “Why do you look so down?”

 

I glance at him then look out at the window. “I’m thinking that for the first time I’m going to bring a boy to my date with my friend and his girlfriend.” I lied but the statement is not a lie. He is the first guy that I will bring on my relaxation day.

 

Jinjja?” He looks at me and the car swerves a little.

 

“Jiyong! Drive safely,” I reprimand in shock.

 

Mianhe,” he utters.

 

“And yes, you are the first one,” I admit. I’m breaking all my rules now and it is very unsettling but I have to be lenient too sometimes. I’m breaking his rules, so, I might as well break some of mine.

 

“Ji, do you still love Kiko?” I mutter out of the blue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THANKS FOR READING!

I HOPE YOU LIKE OR LOVE IT!

PLEASE, LEAVE A COMMENT!

IT'S UP TO YOU IF YOU WANT TO VOTE IT OR NOT!

I APPRECIATE EVERYONE WHO READS MY STORY!

-AUTHORNIM