Familiarity

SHE

Chapter 7:

 

TOP’s P.O.V

 

I do wonder why Jihye looks familiar to me. I’m not the type of guy who can remember much but she really looks familiar to me. It is like I met her somewhere and she has a resemblance to a girl I probably can’t recognize. While I’m drying myself after my shower I heard Eunjae and Chaewon’s voice talking about something interesting.

 

“Is it me or she is really avoiding him?” Eunjae says a tone of uncertainty in her voice.

 

Chaewon giggles. “You probably forgot. She mentioned two years ago about meeting BigBang in a bar when she is broken hearted to her ing ex-boyfriend,” she says softly but I put my ear close to the door to hear them clearly. Sneaky TOP, right?

 

“Ah,” she says loudly but I hear a shush sound, must be Chaewon. “TOP, are you done?” Eunjae shouted.

 

“Not yet, are you going to use the shower?” I shout back and hurriedly turn on the shower then back to eavesdropping.

 

“I remember that. Then the next day she had a complete makeover for her hair, right? She cut it short and dyed it light brown,” Eunjae points out.

 

“Yes, and she lost her favorite Cartier bracelet,” Chaewon utters.

 

Is it the Cartier bracelet that Jiyong is wearing for the last two years, if I remember correctly he said that Anna left it behind? Yeah, he definitely said that back then. He doesn't wore it now because Kiko doesn't like it but I know he was keeping it somewhere in his room.

 

I smirked knowing I had heard a good piece of information. Now all puzzle pieces are put together. No wonder, my instinct tells me that I know her. The lady two years ago who smitten Jiyong into her hotel suite. Anna? Aisht! Jihye, you really are a puzzle to every one of us. Now I know why she looks shock when she saw us in the cafe. It is not because we are BigBang but because after two years she saw us again.

 

She is so crafty, definitely crafty. I shall talk to you alone soon, Jihye.

 

I unlock the door slowly and walk out of the bathroom like I didn't know anything. The two girls look at me, their face unreadable too. These girls are really something.

 

"I thought I pick Dahee's room," I joke.

 

Eunjae and Chaewon smirk at me and shake their head in disbelief. "Hey, what do you think you're doing?" I hear Dahee shouting. The girls run out of the room quickly like it is an emergency.

 

"What is happening here?" Eunjae asks.

 

"This freaking girl is still accusing us of being buddies and she even threatened Sumi that she will slap her if she doesn't stop crying," Dahee replies then glares at Kiko. Sumi is clearly afraid. It's not a simple threat then. Did she lay a hand on her, then?

 

I went out like I didn't know anything again. I hold the two girls back by slinging my arms on them. "Let go of this, just this one time," I whisper.

 

They click their tongues but nod. "But I will not be responsible if Jihye does something to her if she hears this," Eunjae utter scornfully.

 

"Arasso," I agree. Well, Jihye will be a different matter. Even I know I can't stop that girl from doing something inappropriate to Kiko. She's a sneaky and playful person but she is not a good enemy, that's for sure.

 

I look for Manager Lee and he's outside the balcony talking to someone. The door is close but I think he can hear them but he is too afraid to come in between.

 

Dahee comforts the crying Sumi. Eunjae and Chaewon sit on the couch making Kiko move to the single couch. These girls are feisty even if they are not making any move like I ask, you could feel the boiling atmosphere. I feel pity to Sumi, who is being targeted by a bipolar girlfriend.

 

I sit on the floor and grab the remote to watch cartoons. Then one by one, the boys get out of each room. I know they could feel the heavy atmosphere but they shake it off and try to act normal.

 

If Kiko didn't come, I can have my chance with talking to Dahee. Aisht! This is a great opportunity gone wrong.

 

We are now about to go back to the hotel. All of us are quiet. You will probably everyone's breathing with our silence. I look out and astonish to see Jihye walking on the streets so carefree.

 

"Please, stop the car," I speak loudly.

 

"What?" They all ask.

 

"Stop the car," I say again.

 

The driver stops the car on the sidewalk. "Where are you going?" They all ask again.

 

"I'm going to roam around. I'll be back before the rehearsal." I stepped out of the van, wear my sunglasses to hide my face then walk towards Jihye, who is walking straight to my position.

 

Jihye's P.O.V

 

I choke on my coffee as he tells me that he knows who I am. "What," I ask in surprise, my tone high pitch.

 

He chuckles and gives me tissues to wipe the coffee that is dripping from my hand. "Anna," he says.

 

That’s the only thing he says, my face drops and I'm in utter shock. How the hell did he find out I'm freaking Anna? And it has been two years already for him to remember. Jiyong doesn't remember. Why would he?

 

"Astonishing to see you make-up free but I'm someone that can't be fooled by make-up alone," he says proudly.

 

I scoff and answer, "And what do you want me to do? The girls probably didn't keep their mouth shut for you to remember suddenly."

 

He laughs and nods in response. "They sure did. Now, I know why they say you're attentive but you are also assertive. Besides, I'm not asking for anything. I'm just shock that behind that heavy make-up is this face." He points out like it is unbelievable.

 

"Are you saying I'm not beautiful without make-up," I hissed. I try to bite his finger pointing at me but he retracted it.

 

"Feisty, it's meant to be a compliment. What I'm saying is you really look different when you put on a heavy make-up. There's no need to bite my finger off." He straightens out. "But Jiyong said that you live in Japan, that's a lie then?"

 

I look at his inquiring gaze and sigh. "It's not a lie. We did live in Japan for a few years, the girls and I. But the day you met me, I'm already living in Korea." I explain. There is no need to lie anyway. Judging by his look, he is assertive and instinctive too.

 

"So, you know the places here like in Singapore?" He asks.

 

"Well, I only toured you in one place in Singapore and we only met in Tagaytay by accident. But yes, I know Japan like Singapore and Philippines. Why do you intend to have a date here in secret?" I jest at him.

 

He chuckles and shakes his head. "I'm trying to find out what you really are. You travel a lot with business meetings here and there," he utters.

 

I am the one laughing this time, "We are not artists like you, guys, but our family businesses is scattered around the world, mostly in Asia. Our families are partners in businesses. So, we are doing what we are supposed to be doing but it's a minimal thing. Our parents did give us the freedom to do what we want. Now, we have a club in Seoul and Busan."

 

"Club owners," he mumbles and nods in understanding. "Why didn't you introduce yourself to us? We might have remembered."

 

I laugh loudly this time. Omo! He really is asking me why. "There is no reason to introduce myself as Anna since Anna is not here anymore.” I’m more matured now and a little bit lie low in my playgirl ways. “Besides, I did not know after two years that I will meet you again." It is not a lie. I'm so happy for not seeing them but when I saw them in a cafe was like bang, saw you.

 

"So, all in all, you just played with Jiyong?"

 

I look at him without changing my expression, not surprise, shock or anything, just a blank stare. "Playing?" I scoff. "Of all people TOP, I just finished what he started and don't lie to me that it's not his intention to get me laid. Don't think of me as a naive brat because I'm not." How dare he tell me that I'm playing with Jiyong. Damn! Truth hurts.

 

"Sorry," he mumbles dejectedly.

 

I sigh and accept his apology. "Judging from the looks, he had back then he just had a great time before coming to me, right? Don't you dare lie to me?" I look at him sternly. He gazed away. "I'm right, ain't I?"

 

The glistening skin he has that night and the satisfied face give out everything to me. That's why I decided to ride with his flirting. Darn it! I'm supposed to be releasing steam. Why is he adding more stress on me?

 

"Shall we go to my usual hangout in here?" I ask to change the topic. If I really don't let out this annoyance, I will be grumpy till I get home.

 

I drag him to my favorite track in Japan. It is usually for kids but I love acting like a child once in a while to get my woes out of my mind. That’s when I don’t usually go to bars because I’m a change girl, maybe. Well, I’m still a playgirl but I restrain myself from doing it not like Eunjae, who is still collecting boys.

 

“You want to relieve your anger through go kart?” TOP asks me in disbelief.

 

I size him up. He can fit on one of it, I think. “Yes, this is my favorite stress reliever when I’m in here since I’m not allowed to car racing after all.” Yeah, such a shame, I want to try car racing once but I will be annihilated by the girls especially my family.

 

“Yuji,” I salute on the staff for this shift.

 

“Ah, if isn’t Anna,” he says.

 

What’s with this day? They are all calling me Anna. It’s definitely my day today. I giggle and shake my head. “I already told you right. Anna is not me anymore.” I correct him.

 

He laughs and nods his head. “So Jihye-chan, what can I help you with?”

 

“I want to rent two go karts. Does he fit on it?” I point at TOP. He is tall after all and a big guy.

 

He sizes him up with his eyes and nods with a smile. “He does. Let me put them on the track for you, then.” He walks towards the back to get the kart.

 

“You do know how to drive a kart, right?” I ask him teasingly.

 

He raises an eyebrow at me. “What do you take me for? I can drive a car and I have driven a go kart before.” He replies proudly. Wow! We are talking about pride here. Big Big ego, boys and their ego. I bit my lower lip and laugh. “Yah!” He exclaims.

 

“Did you have fun?” I ask him when we are done.

 

“You almost made my heart stop when you turn on those curves. Are you trying to get yourself hurt?” He said not happy about it but he looks like he enjoyed it at the same time.

 

“I love go kart because it is much safer than car racing and I do love thrill, that’s why I push my kart to its limits when I’m here.” I reply, stretching my hands in the process.

 

He looks at me amusingly. “But, I did enjoy. Do Dahee loves go kart?”

 

I laugh heartily when he asks that and give him a meaningful look. He really likes Dahee for her body or for deeper purposes? Even I don’t know but it’s not like I’m getting in their way or anything but Dahee has a boyfriend right now. “Dahee likes baking, she’s into sweets. She likes cream puffs the most. She doesn’t like go kart but she likes riding in motorcycle. She likes coffee, definitely something sweet and cold. She likes music, definitely something not ear wrecking but melodious songs. She likes accessories, anything from to hair clips to bracelets. She likes…”

 

I turn back to see him listening to me intently but amused with me blurting this out when he only asked about go kart. “She likes tall guys with deep and y voice but most of all, she loves attention from them, and so, she likes serious relationships.”

 

“Do you really think of me as someone who doesn’t do serious relationships?” He asks me seriously. He is definitely serious.

 

“Do you?” I ask back seriously.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

I hope you like it!

Please, leave a comment!

-authornim