Scare

SHE

Chapter 24:

 

Jihye's P.O.V

 

I roam my eyes around and it's all blurry. I may be wearing reading glasses but my eyes are not that much damage as not to see clearly. But what's happening right now is a complete blur with nothing to see but double visions. The eyes are not the only problem, my throat is sore and my head is aching, so in short, I have fever, a very high fever.

 

The reason...let me see...maybe, it is because I'm playing with water with Jiyong, Seungri and Youngbae in the small garden of the YG Building. We are all wet, very wet, and then we entered the air conditioned office of YG. I bet that is the reason and I can't do anything because we had fun after all.

 

"Ji," I recognize the voice to be Dahee; it is soft spoken just like her knock.

 

I close my eyes, trying to think whether I will answer back or not. If I answer, my voice will crack and if I don't she will think I will sleep, that would be impossible since they know that I'm not an early riser but also not a late riser.

 

I clear my throat. "Yes," I answer back, luckily my voice came out normal.

 

"The girls decided to go out today. Do you wanna come?"

 

I stand up sluggishly and see myself in the mirror as I walk past it. I look like a hungry zombie. My colour is so pale and the bags under my eyes are so dark. I can’t cover it with make up now since I’ve just woken up and it will be out of place.

 

I breathe deeply before opening the door with a smile. “Good morning,” I greet. Dahee looks startled when I opened the door. I look at her a little confused and worried. “Is something the matter?”

 

She shakes her head and smile. “Did you just woken up? That’s a first.”

 

I chuckle and nod my head. “It must have been because of my straight sleepless nights with being on YG Building and being the night manager for the club,” I lie smoothly with my very effective sleepy voice and the ever best timing yawn.

 

"Will you come?"

 

"Aniyo (No)," I shake my head. "I'm really tired and want to rest. Enjoy the day with the girls and bring me back some food if you may." I may not be able to cook for myself since I'm dead sick, I know, and it is even so hard to stand straight in front of you, she thought.

 

She looks at me, quite prying. "Dahee," I drawl, put my arms cross in my chest and raise my brow, "is there something bothering you? You kept on gawking at me like I'm a science specimen you need to examine." I complain, not harsh but a little bit joking.

 

She smiles, not the awkward I know you are hiding something. It was genuine this time. "We will bring home some food and I did cook some for lunch, if you ever get hungry just dig in on it." I nod my head at my so called mother-hen moment with Dahee.

 

"Dahee, what is taking you so long?" Chaewon shouts just a few meters away from us.

 

I shake my head in disbelief at how tardy my friends are when it comes to asking in a low voice and walking the few steps just to inquire.

 

"I'm not going..." I cleared my throat as I felt the building of something blocking in my neck. "Too tired to flirt around in the bright sunlight," I jest when I recovered my not crappy voice.

 

"Aisht," Chaewon roll her eyes at me then grin, "You are busy flirting with someone for weeks already. And we don't want another competition since Eunjae had clear the bench. Can you believe that she cleared the ing bench?" She rumbles on.

 

My mouth drops open in what she said as it sinks in my brain. "Eunjae, did what?"

 

"Chaewon," Eunjae snarls and glares at Chaewon for her blubbering.

 

Dahee looks back and smile timidly. "She clears her boy toy collection for this month. We don't know the reason, and is tightly sealed," she informs with her soft voice.

 

I gawk at Eunjae and she just stares at me saying; I'm not going to talk about it. I sigh and shake my head. "You better go now and come back with many take-outs for me," I smile widely, "not a boy toy okay?"

 

They chuckle and answer in unison a big fat, "Yes."

 

I close the door and my vision starts rolling around. "Aisht," I click my tongue in annoyance. I walk slowly to my bed just to make sure I don't collapse on the floor and hit something on the process.

 

I slump my body on the bed not bothering to correct my position. I barely move but my body is aching like I did some lifting the whole day. "Argh," I groan as I move up slowly so my foot barely dangles out of the bed.

 

There is a light knock on the door again. It must be Chaewon since she has a heavy hand for knocking. "We're going. Just message us if you want to follow us."

 

"Okay," I reply but I don't know if she heard me. My eyes start to close and feel heavy every time I try to open them. I hate sickness so much it makes me feel weak.

----------------------------------------------------

 

I wake up, not with a knock on the door but my phone's noisiness. It is ringing for so many times and I leave it like that for the thought that the person or persons calling will get that I don't want to talk.

 

I search for it through the whole bed which is a little hard since I'm still laying horizontally on my king size bed. "Arhg! Where's that damn phone?" I exclaim in annoyance.

 

I sit up and see it on the side table. As I look into it, I see that it is only the girls who are calling since they left. I check the time and it is already four hours since they went out.

 

"Yeoboseyo (hello)," I answer weakly. I try to answer more clearly but sitting makes my vision hazy and make me a little nauseous.

 

"Jihye-ah, we forgot our keys of the front door and we have been calling you nonstop since forever," Chaewon grumbles like a kid.

 

I try to smile but my head starts to ache much, much more than earlier. "Arasso, I will open the door already. Give me a minute."

 

"Okay," she replies and ends the call.

 

It took me a few seconds to get up and steady my vision and walk without swaying exaggeratedly like a drunken man. My coughing becomes worse and it will be noticeable already. My voice is so rasped that even if I speak softly it will crack.

 

I open the door with a smile and a prepared retort but the moment the girls come in my body comes crashing down and the last thing I heard is my name.

 

Jiyong's P.O.V

 

I am on the company building ready to start to listen to my new tunes and make some magic again for the tunes to have life. This is the most tiring but enjoyable thing in my work. It is putting life to your own composition to their utmost best. But before that, I must stop by to Sajangnim's office. He says that he will give something to me.

 

"Annyeong," I greet as I enter the room. All of the Bigbang members are there and even Teddy-hyung and they are looking at me. "Uhmm...did I do something stupid again?" I ask. "Which by the way, I didn't know at all."

 

They smile and shake their heads. "These boys are here for a different matter." YG-hyung says and offers me to have a seat.

 

As I seat on the chair being offered, the door opens in a loud bang and four girls comes rushing in like there is an emergency. They are in panic and they are gasping for air like they have run a marathon.

 

"Sajangnim," CL says hoarsely and she breathes in and out continuously.

 

"Calm down, girls." YG motions his hands. "What happened?" YG asks.

 

"Jihye-ssi,"

 

Just by hearing her name makes us all worried even if they didn't say what happened.

 

"What happened to her?" YG says a little stern. See, I told you. Just by hearing her name, we are all worried.

 

"Dahee-ssi and Eunjae-ssi said that they are calling TOP-sunbae and you, Sajangnim but no one's answering their phone, so, they called us to tell you that Jihye-ssi is hurried to the hospital. She collapsed in their house."

 

The room is enveloped with silence. YG-hyung then stands up in panic and asks the girls which hospital and they told him the hospital. He hurriedly goes out of his own office without even adjourning our meeting.

 

I come back from my senses and stands up quickly together with the boys in the room.

 

Baby girl, what happened, I thought.

 

Jihye's P.O.V

 

I open my eyes and all I can see are white walls and I heard is silence. I blink my eyes a few times to clear my sight. Yes, I am officially in a hospital with an IV on my hand.

 

"Ji-ah! You scared us to death." The girls exclaims, worry in their tone.

 

"So..." my voice cracks with just a simple syllable and it is barely audible.

 

Dahee shakes her head. "You had a high fever which subjected you to dehydration plus add it up with a severe cold. So in short, you are dead sick and you didn't tell us about it." She reprimands me. It is not even informing me of what happened to me but a reprimand for not telling them anything.

 

"Jihye," I turn my head to the voice direction only to see YG-appa and Teddy-hyung having this unhappy expression. I smile weakly, trying to talk but it is even hard for me. "You can't talk right now. You are too much dehydrated." YG says in concern.

 

I nod my head in response then there's a clearing of throat that's heard in the room.

 

"We better leave you to talk. He's worried sick." YG says amused and concerned at the same time.

 

I nod my head again. I sit up which by the way took my energy again plus the stinging pain of having an IV in your hand. I motion my hand for him to talk.

 

"What happened really? You're not hurt from the fall are you? You are okay, right?" He speaks in distress.

 

I want to laugh at his distress face but he will just bicker at me for doing that. I shake my head and points on my throat. "I," that's the only thing I said but I felt my throat complains.

 

He sits beside me and hugs me. "You made me so worried. You nearly killed YG-hyung, Teddy-hyung and the boys in panic especially me. Do you want me to die early?" I chuckle. "Aisht! Don't make fun of this situation. I'm really mad at you. You should have told the girls or even me or TOP-hyung about your situation."

 

"I,"

 

He shakes his head and put his finger on my lips to hush me up. "Let me rant all I want and I will shut up after." I nod my head again. He feels my forehead. "You're still burning up. You better rest." He pushes me down carefully then kisses me in the forehead.

 

I tap his pocket trying to find his phone. "Yah! What are you doing?" He exclaims blushing.

 

I laugh silently and shake my head saying it's not what he is thinking. I tap the pocket where his phone is.

 

"Ah, you should have said so." He pulls it out of his pocket and gives it to me.

 

I get it from his hands and type something. I show it to him.

 

'Can you sing me to sleep? Not the rock-ish type, please.'

 

He pinches my cheeks and grins. "You are such cutie when you are sick." I pout at him and he giggles more. "Arasso. I will sing you a song to make you sleep."

 

I smile childishly and hold his hand like always as he sings.

 

Dahee's P.O.V

 

"They look so good together. Don't you think appa?" She whispers to him as she looks back.

 

He sighs but agrees. "But she is not good for him."

 

She looks at him sadly and nods her head. "She surely is playing with a not as pure, as we both know, but still a pure heart of Jiyong."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANKS FOR READING! 

I HOPE YOU LIKE OR LOVE IT!

PLEASE, LEAVE A COMMENT!

~AUTHORNIM

(A/N: I'M SORRY FOR THE LATE POST. I'VE BEEN IN MY BED SINCE A FEW DAYS AGO BECAUSE OF SICKNESS. I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER! ANNYEONG!)