Heartbreak

SHE

Chapter 8:

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

It’s supposed to be a happy New Year today but Dahee here is wailing in depression. She finally finds out that his so called pure boyfriend of months is not as she thought he is. She sees him with a girl on their love nest, A.K.A his boyfriend apartment, fully and panting for a morning routine again. He is obviously like the kind of boy we though he is. That’s why Eunjae is so against him because we know his kind. We are playgirls after all.

 

She is watching sappy movies while pulling tissues on the box wiping her runny nose from all her crying. I am now watching a real life drama where I thought I can only see on movies, a girl watching sappy movies while broken hearted.

 

It is so early in the morning and she is already causing headache on me. Yeah, it is like 5 am in the freaking morning. I got home around 3 in the morning because I am on the duty to watch the club and now, I am freaking awake after two hours of sleep.

 

Eunjae is awake too and rubbing her temples with an apparent frown on her face. “Why don’t you make her shut up?” She mouths on me.

 

I shrug and groan silently in frustration. Damn! She can do this in her freaking room. Why does she feel like involving us to her bitterness in this world? And it’s not like this is her first break-up. Damn! It is already the fourth. The only thing differ is that she gave her v-card to the freaking boy.

 

“I’ll just sleep in the café again,” I mumble and went to change to my usual get up, a shirt, pants and a beanie. I really need my freaking sleep because we have a party in the club to welcome the New Year with a bang. It is a grand party. Our guests are celebrities, idols, businessmen, it girls and many more, more like our VIP guests.

 

Why did I even agree to this party at the end of the year? I can just relax and sleep the party away. Aisht! Stupid business minded fools we are. Anyway, it is halfway done already when I went home early this morning and I suppose I can come around in the afternoon to check if they have finished the other half.

 

I greet Woobin as I enter the café. He looks surprised to see me so early in the morning. Well, everybody knows I hate waking so early. It is a fact that I don’t know why everyone knows it. Anyway, it’s not that I mind it being known.

 

“What is it this time? You only come crawling in here when you can’t sleep peacefully at home.” He says as he hands me my favorite cream colored blanket and a pillow. Yep, they also provide me pillow when I’m sleeping in here.

 

I plop my body on the couch, specially reserved for me. I rest my head on the comfy pillow looking at the little sun rays showing in the view. “Dahee got her heart broken and was weeping like a mad woman watching sappy chick flicks in the living room. She is wailing for the whole night.” I explain while searching the right position for a comfortable sleep.

 

“So, he only dated her because she’s a . A worthy price is what they call it now, right?”

 

I stare at him and chuckle. “A naïve pure girl is a worthy price, Woobin. You just hook Jinhee into something like this too. Is she a worthy price for someone who is an heir of the biggest importer and exporter of coffee beans in Korea?”

 

He sips his coffee looking dazed into nowhere. “Jinhee is worthy of anything. She might be young and naïve but she is a dash of refreshment to our miserable lives of riches. The normal things I can’t do back then I can do them now because I have someone normal around my side.”

 

“I say whipped,” I giggle and close my eyes. “They think being rich is something great. What they don’t know is that it’s a pain in the .”

 

I feel his hand caressed my head making me sleepier. “Your heart is as pure as Jinhee and Dahee back then. I do wonder if he crushed it like this for you to avoid falling in love so much. You will find someone who will tend to your heart aches.”

 

I found him, he’s there walking in Seoul not knowing I love him because I like his carefree but caring attitude, his voice and even his annoyance he always think I don’t see. His small actions are things that make me interested and his swift glances when he thinks I’m not catching. Whenever I see him, my heart will flutter like a teenager having her first crush.

 

The Cartier bracelet sets it off. The bracelet he left for me and to be given to the person who can open my heart again. He’s right. The bracelet will find its own owner by itself.

 

I opened my eyes then blink twice to clear my blurry vision. I stretch my hands for keeping the same position while sleeping. “Oh! She’s awake.”

 

I am startled and my eyes are surely wide in surprise. “You freak her out, maknae.” Youngbae says as he smacks Seungri’s head.

 

I laugh at the two. “It’s fine Youngbae. What time is it?” I ask as I sit upright. I see. They are all here seating at my place.

 

“It’s already past 10 in the morning.” TOP poke my forehead teasingly. “You do not move that much in your sleep, aren’t you?”

 

I shake my head. “I guess I’m used to sleeping in here that my body doesn’t want me to fall. Anyway, what are you doing here?” I ask and thanking Jinhee for the water she places in front of me.

 

“We came to get coffee, captain obvious,” TOP replies mockingly. I raise a brow at him and ignore him. “Yah!” He exclaims while ruffling my hair.

 

Aisht,” I click my tongue in annoyance while trying to strangle him to death. I see them exchange glances to our closeness out of the blue.

 

“When did you become close,” GD asks looking annoyed rather than surprise.

 

TOP pull my beanie covering my face. “Reporters are here,” he whispers to the guys. What! Wait! Aisht! Why is my day so disturbing early in the morning and now reporters are outside waiting to snap a gossip about Bigbang? Damn! Stupid day.

 

“Don’t tell me they will post you about having a date with a girl clinging in your neck rather than strangling you to death?” I joke while they are dragging me together with them. My beanie still covering my face but I know GD is on my right and TOP is on my left. It is the perfume they are using that makes me identifies which is which.

 

I huff a deep breath when we are in their van. Manager Lee looks relieved when he saw it is only me. Is that really relieving to know? It doesn’t look like it to me. I am the one who is subjected to the gossip after all. I do wonder what the VIP’s will do to me or if there will be laughable or rude comments.

 

“Are you and hyung dating?” Seungri asks straightforwardly.

 

TOP and I exchange glances then laugh out loud. The same look of surprise makes me laugh more. But me and him dating, that would be impossible. TOP is not my type except for his voice, that was the only exception and I only see him as an older brother who is interested to my friend.

 

“Which is which,” Daesung inquires not liking the suspense and laughing fits we are having.

 

Ani (No), your hyung is my older brother and that’s all there to it.” I turn to him grinning and speak, “Shall we try dating?”

 

 He thinks about it but clearly not taking me seriously, “I don’t want too. You don’t want me having an affair after all.” He replies teasingly.

 

I slap his arm playfully. “As if a girl will like her boyfriend to have an affair knowingly,” I tease back.

 

“They are definitely dating,” Daesung and Seungri whisper aloud to each other.

 

My eyes see the annoyed expression of Jiyong. TOP give me a friendly pat in the hand while looking at me caringly. Something happened in Japan, which makes me move away from them for the past few months except for TOP, who I am seeing when he’s having his rest day. We are like best friends/ siblings.

 

It is likely a big mistake on my part to have separates room for each of us, girls. Jiyong that night in Japan came knocking on my door completely drunk and knowing my friend GM, he thought it is okay to tell the room number of my room. So, he came there screaming like a lunatic and was mumbling even I can’t understand.

 

As always, I can’t contact Manager Lee, one, I don’t know his number and second, Jiyong left his phone in his car. Thankful enough, he isn’t caught drunk driving. That will be big news if that happens. But the mistake I did that night is to open my room again to him again. Stupid body and mind succumbed to their desires. Damn it! Just like two years ago he can ignite something in my body to be on fire for his touch.

 

I called oppa (TOP) the morning to pick and dress Jiyong up. He teased me but stopped when he saw my expression. The blank and hurt expression on my face made him stopped in what he was supposed to say. Jiyong didn’t know something happened and he thinks it is just a dream.

 

Knowing just by touch your heart flutters and having him annoyed makes you happy. And you understanding that you are falling in love in a mysterious way when you don’t know him that much and knowing your making the same mistakes again.

 

Maybe, it is the trip in Tagaytay when he’s putting food in my plate or when we are admitted backstage in their concert or was it when we are playing in the pool. It may also be when he came to the amusement park with the girls and he treated them with care.

 

“Ah, hyung, you are wearing the bracelet of Anna again,” Seungri points to the left wrist of Jiyong.

 

My eyes widen in surprise in mentioning my false name again. I stare at the bracelet and it is the same bracelet I’m wearing right now. “You have the same bracelet too, Jihye-noona,” Daesung points to my left wrist.

 

I laugh forcedly and nod. “Maybe, the Anna, you are talking about likes the same thing,” I utter. TOP chuckles and I instantly elbow him in the stomach. He crouches a little in pain and hisses at me.

 

“You really are close,” Jiyong utter in dislike.

 

“Ah, yeah,” I reply, “he loves hanging out with me to get close to Dahee after all. Ah! Speaking of Dahee,” I clap my hands, “Oppa, you should know that she and her boyfriend have broken up already.”

 

 “I thought you don’t want me with Dahee,” he says his brow raise at me.

 

“Ah yeah, I forgot about that. Anyway, Manager Lee, you can stop the van at the side walk there,” I point out.

 

 “We can drive you home,” he replies to me.

 

 I shake my head. “There is no need. I left my car in the café after all, I’m going to pick it up and I’m going to buy facial tissues for our apartment. Dahee used all of them by now with her sappy chick flicks marathon.” The last information is for TOP-oppa.

 

He nods and asks the driver to stop it on the side. Thankful enough that they grab my bag together with them, I pull out my sunglasses and put them on.

 

“Even their sunglasses match,” Daesung says that I didn’t understand. Who am I matched with? I look at him but he is grinning to me like a freak. Okay, that does mean no more answers.

 

My phone rings as I about to step out of the van. It is Eunjae. “Yeoboseyo,” I speak.

 

“Dahee is missing in the house,” she says in panic.

 

“Don’t tell me, she’s waiting for rain and walk like a zombie?” I joke.

 

“Jihye, she took her car,” she shouts at the other line.

 

“Did she go to the beach and watch the waves like a dead man?” I joke again.

 

“Jihye,” there is warning in her tone.

 

“That’s what she’s been doing the past few days. Maybe, she got an idea from all the movies she got.” I tell her clearly not taking this seriously. But I’m thinking of all the possibilities where she will go.

 

“Find her now,” she shouts with finality.

 

I sigh and reply, “Arasso. Did Chaewon shouts at her for being like a twerp?”

 

She gasps for air in surprise. “How did you know?”

 

“I see. I know where she is. There is only one place she can be if she’s been said something like that.” I hang up then look at Manager Lee smiling. “Manager Lee, can you drop me to this location,” I say the location and he nod.

 

Just as I thought, she is here eating her woes away. “How did you know she is here?” TOP asks astonished.

 

“I’ve known those girls since we were kids. Every little thing is like something easy for me to understand.” I turn around and thank them for driving me here.

 

“Do you want me to come with you?” They all ask at the same time.

 

 I laugh softly and shake my head. “She will just shy away and won’t let it all out. I can handle this myself. It’s her fourth break up after all.” I wave my hand as I say goodbye and step out of the van and without glancing back I step in the shop where Dahee is eating cream puffs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

I hope you like or love it!

Please leave a comment~

-authornim~