Conflict

SHE

Chapter 29:

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

I am beyond astonished not in a good way but definitely in a bad way. He takes me by surprise when he told me that. It is like my ears go deaf and didn’t catch what he had said. “Hyung, can I ask you to say it again?” I stare at him straight, my eyes wide in surprise and a little bit of anger.

 

“Leave Jihye and not meet her anymore,” he says again.

 

“Ah…uhmm…” I stutter not knowing what I have to say in this kind of situation because this is the first time he barges in my relationship. “Wait! Did something happen?” I ask trying to calm myself down.

 

My manager and YG-hyung look at each other then they both look down at the same time. My big eyes just got wider again. So, there is really something that is happening that involves Jihye. Wait! There’s the first time when I was asking Jihye about the guy in the tabloid news that she was with, TOP utter about something that made Jihye glares at him, and the earlier with Manager Kim.

 

“Did something happen,” I ask again stern. Still, there is only silence enveloping the room. I close my eyes; pinch my nose and gives out a deep sigh.

 

I walk out of the door not even looking back and didn’t care even if it is like being disrespectful to my sunbaes. I go straight to the recording room where Jihye is waiting. I open the door quite forceful that she jumps a little in surprise.

 

“Did something bad happen?” she inquires instantly as he reads my menacing expression which I didn’t try to hide to her.

 

I stand at the door and staring.

 

Jihye must have realize that I’m in a daze because one, I didn’t respond and two, I really look so lost as I what I see from my reflection in this room. She taps the couch and ushers me to sit beside her. And so, I did.

 

She cups my head and pushes it down gently into her lap. I fix my position and lay down on the couch while my head is resting on her lap. “So, what really happened there that you are back in a matter of minutes?” She looks straight into my eyes.

 

“Hyung asked me to get away from you,” I answered seriously.

 

She is taken aback a little bit and then it looks like she knows what is happening. “Jinjja? (Really?)” She utters.

 

I sit up and gaze at her. “You know something about it, ne?”

 

Jihye looks away then sighs and looks back at me again. She gives me an uncertain smile and nods her head. “Yes, I know something about it but I didn’t know that appa will act like that on my behalf.” She finally speaks.

 

“How long has it been and what is really happening?” I ask seriously. She stands up and reaches her hand for me. “Wae?”

 

“Just grab my hand, okay?”

 

I sigh and grab her hand. She drags me outsides and drags me towards the room where a piano is in. She sits and pulls me to sit beside her. She strums her fingers on the keys and plays the song of Taylor Swift, Fearless.

 

She sings so clearly but her voice comes out soft as if she's singing me a lullaby but the meaning of the song isn't supposed to be as sweet and soft like that. Even so, her voice is like my salvation and calming me whenever I'm frustrated.

 

"So, you are saying you are fearless when you are with me?" I inquire as she finishes the song.

 

"I think it's the other way around.” Jihye grins. “But, whatever is happening right now, it is not worth fretting and appa is just being protective of me and your reputation as an idol." She assures me with a warm smile.

 

"Why are you not telling me what it is?"

 

"Why don't you tell him that it is about you and his fans?" Eunjae says as she enters the room.

 

I turn my stare to Eunjae and then back to the scowling Jihye. She is biting her lower lip as she bows her head slightly.

 

"What about my fans?" I ask curious and at the same time stern. She scratches her head as if for the first time she felt uncomfortable about the topic. "Jihye," I drawl.

 

"Uhmm..."

 

"She's being accused of being unfaithful to you even if there is no confirmation of you going out." Top-hyung butts in, walking inside together with Dahee.

 

My eyes go wide for the nth time for today; it's as if the news is a revelation to me. "What!" I exclaim then stare at Jihye, who is not looking at me.

 

"What are you doing in here?" Jihye looks up with an accusing gaze at them.

 

"Jihye, is what they are saying all true?" Still, she doesn't look at me or answering my questions. But before, I lash out my thoughts, she spoke.

 

"It is not their fault. I do believe it is wrong to go out with Top-oppa even if we are not dating or confirming anything especially if what we call our night out a date but I'm not also saying they are right in accusing me of something I didn't do. I may be playful but I'm not a cheater." She looks straight into my eyes.

 

I sigh and place my forehead into hers. "I'm apologizing in behalf of my fans. They may be bad sometimes but they are just being protective of their idol."

 

She smiles sweetly. "I know. YG-appa is just afraid that they are being cruel to me because of you. Maybe, you should go talk to appa about it and I bet that you walk out on him."

 

I chuckle at how she knows what I have done wrong. "I will." I kiss her in the forehead and walk out to go to YG-hyung's office.

 

Jihye's P.O.V

 

"Why don't you tell him that they are really cruel about their posts about you?" Top asks me with an inquiring stare but full of worry.

 

"It is better for him not to know the details because I bet that he will act irrationally and might hurt the feelings of the people who loves and idolizes him the most. Anyway, I'm an IT girl who in the eyes of the people knows nothing but party and make myself look good in designer's clothes."

 

"I agree. They all think that we are only good for nothing whose money came from their parents." Dahee agrees.

 

The prejudices about girls who are born from wealthy family that since they are born didn't know what money means, well, we are once in the category of girls who loves to spend on designer things but that is like ages ago. We earn our money through our businesses and they are all hard earned cash.

 

I press the keys and play the song that I have wrote for the new album of Jiyong.

 

"That is great. What is the title of the song?" Top compliments.

 

I smile widely. "It's in the album of Jiyong. You better watch out for it."

 

Once Top is gone to talk to Teddy-hyung about something and me and the girls are left, Eunjae starts talking about the serious stuffs.

 

"Ji, you can never hide the fact that they call you names that you aren't." She exclaims in frustration or aggravation.

 

"Like calling me a ? Well, I'm a if that's what you are trying to say." I reply nonchalantly.

 

"A ?" Dahee butts in but hearing Dahee saying the word is so out of place. She even cringes when she said it.

 

I smirk and reply, "I'm once a ."

 

"Jihye," they both say unhappily.

 

I raise my hands to stop them from talking. "You can't deny that." As I say that, they shut up but still glaring at me. "You should never really take what they say to the heart since they are only aggravated and fighting for what they want." I explain.

 

"But that doesn't mean they can talk to you like that as if they know you since forever to accuse you." Eunjae counters back.

 

"Let them be, those are just words. And if it affects you, it just means that they are winning of hurting me with their baseless accusations." I reply as I play my favorite song, Begin Again by Taylor Swift. Dahee hums together with the piano.

 

"Unnie!" Minzy barges in the room with a wide smile.

 

"Noona," Seungri enters happily as he greets me with a wide smile.

 

Jiyong's P.O.V

 

I’m standing yet again in front of YG-hyung without my manager. I bow and apologize. “Mianhe,” I speak. “I apologize for walking out on you but I will like to speak my mind about the issue. I will try hard not to get it into my nerves and be a reckless because of some petty issue.”

 

As I look up, there is a smile on his face. “Jihye told you about it?”

 

“She didn’t speak about it all but her friends and Top talked about it to me truthfully,” I reply.

 

YG-hyung nods his head while saying, “Typical of her.” He heaves a deep breath and put his chin on his propped up hands. “I’ll take on the promise you had made but once you falter, I will not think twice to pull you away from Jihye.” His serious face is like telling me that he will not think twice about it really. I better be careful of my patience or else I will lose Jihye without a doubt.

 

“I will do my best,” I utter with confidence. “I better get back to writing.” I turn around and turn the knob.

 

“Jiyong, don’t hurt Jihye or else she will be someone you never knew.” He warns. I look back because I didn’t hear him that much. He smiles and waves me out of his office.

 

Every time I do something romantic or unusual to the eyes of the people close to her is like watching over her and this is not the first time they have warned me on not hurting her.

 

“Hey!” Jihye shouts in front of me.

 

I step back in surprise and it’s a good thing I don’t shriek or hurt people when I get surprise. Well, except when I’m inside a horror house. “Yah!” I shout in complain. “Don’t surprise me like that. It’s a good thing I didn’t hurt you.”

 

She smiles sheepishly and nods her head. “Arasso, I will not scare you anymore.”

 

I raise my brow and put my hand in my waist. “Who says I’m scared?”

 

She copies me and counters back, “Isn’t it surprising someone called scaring?”

 

I pinch her cheeks and grin. “Surprising and scaring are different. Anyway, why are you here outside and not in the music room?”

 

“Hmmm…” Jihye pinches my cheeks too and moves her hand up and down. She is trying hard not to laugh at what she is doing. “I’m looking for you since the girls said that I have to go back to the store for my birthday.”

 

My eyes go wide in surprise. “Your what?” I exclaim.

 

“It’s my birthday today. Didn’t you know?” She tells innocently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading!

I hope you like or love it!

Please, leave a comment!

~authornim