Scandal

SHE

Chapter 59:

 

Jiyong's P.O.V

 

"Have you seen this magazine? It has Jihye on the cover and there's also an interview of her." Daesung shows the Vogue magazine and I see Jihye wearing a white polo while she is sitting on a window with a background of garden filled flowers.

 

"Let's go to the interview," Top-hyung says giddily like a teenage boy having a look for the first time of an adult magazine.

 

"Look at this, Jihye-noona is looking over the garden sadly while a rain shower is happening. She looks really sad," Seungri remarks as he points on the photo, I guess. I can't see what he's pointing at since I'm far from them.

 

"Let's go to the cafeteria and eat before we start recording," Youngbae says as he peeks on the door. "Sajangnim says that there will be no break after this."

 

"Aisht!" the boys’ grumbles but go out grumpily and leave the magazine on the couch.

 

"Jiyong, let's go," Top-hyung calls back.

 

"I just need to call someone. I'll go after you," I answer.

 

He looks at me then shrugs. "Okay, just finish it fast or you'll not have a break after this."

 

"I will."

 

When they are out and I wait for two minutes to pass by, just to check if they are really gone. I stand up from my seat and go to where the magazine is. My hands are sweating in nervousness like I am doing something bad. But I am just curious on the interview and the photos of Jihye on the magazine.

 

I grab the magazine and flip through the pages and see many lovely photos of Jihye but I am awestruck at what Seungri is pertaining earlier. That one photo has a strange impact. When I reach the interview section, I am nervous as hell. Why am I nervous? I don't even know why.

 

I read the interview and they are asking the normal questions but I stop at the third to the last question. What's the most painful thing that happened to you is the question asked to Jihye.

 

"The most painful thing that happened to me is that I lost something precious that I didn't know about until I've lost it," Jihye answers.

 

"Is it love?"

 

"Love? Love is something precious that you lose till you find the right one. And I have lost love so many times that made me stronger and truly difficult to handle because my life is public and so does anyone who dates me."

 

"What are your plans now? You have a two years silence in your career. Do you have any immediate plans?"

 

"Plans? There are no immediate plans but I do plan to go back to Korea. That's my plan for now. I wish to go back to the place where I always start my life from scratch."

 

I close the magazine and sigh. "What did you lost?"

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Jihye's P.O.V

 

"Let's start recording and be done with this, boys," I order with a smile. I am at work mode right now and whatever is between me and Jiyong is behind everything. There is no time to contemplate on that and it is not suitable to contemplate about in business. I need my focus and I need to be professional.

 

"Noona, do I have to sing it like this?" Seungri points on the verse that he has difficulty. He sings it the way that I taught him but a little off point.

 

"You're getting there, maknae. A bit lower on this part," I point on it on his song sheet. "Try it again," I remark charmingly.

 

Seungri does it again and this time I smile with a thumb up.

 

"See, it is better than what you are doing earlier," I cheer and ruffle his hair. I miss this but whatever I do, Jiyong and I will never be the same again because every time I gather my strength to face him, I cower.

 

"Jihye, we have to start before you go again," Teddy-oppa butts in with a smile, an annoyed smile.

 

Well, I can understand his annoyance because we are not on schedule because of me. My time with them is so short that it makes the work done in a week. Teddy-oppa understands my situation because I have other works to do and he knows that I am not comfortable with the surrounding.

 

"Okay," I reply coolly.

 

"Jihye, do I have to rap it like this?" Jiyong asks and does the rap. This is the only time we talk to each other. Consultation is our only conversation and nothing more. We are both professionals that push our differences aside. And I know that every time we are talking to each other the people in the room quiet down and look at us.

 

"Yes, but I want you to say it clearer," I confide with an indifferent tone. "A song needs to be clearly heard after all. Is that clear?"

 

Jiyong looks at me with a raise of a brow. That may have been bossy but this is a song that is written by me, of course, I have the right to say what I want from it. It is a song that causes more questions from them. The other four boys are asking me about the meaning of the song.

 

"All of you inside the booth," Teddy-oppa orders while clapping his hands. "We don't have the whole time in the world."

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

I tap my finger as I listen to the voices of the boys. We can't move another verse because Seungri is having a hard time getting his part.

 

"You can do it, Seungri," I encourage with a warm smile. "There's no pressure and tread carefully to get the right tone on your part."

 

"Noona, this song..." Seungri chokes on his words.

 

"This song is just a song written for others to listen. There's no meaning behind it," I clarify again. I know the song is pertaining closely to my relationship with Jiyong but I have to let them believe that the song is nothing at all. "You need to focus on your feelings about the song to get the right feeling, arasso? Teddy-oppa let Seungri do it again."

 

"Okay," Teddy-oppa replies. "Seungri, let's do it once again." He plays the song and we wait for Seungri's part.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

I tap my fingers as I listen to the song. We are about to finish recording, just a little more push and we will be done on schedule this time. It takes a whole lot of our time just for Seungri's part but it is all done now. It is Jiyong's part when silence comes again.

 

"And I want you to stay..."

 

My fingers stop tapping and my heart beats faster. That last line is full of emotion that shakes my whole being. "Bae, it is your part already," I say to break the silence engulfing us. My heart rate is rising and I'm getting nervous all of a sudden. "Bae," I inquire and look up.

 

I see the surprise in everyone's faces and Jiyong is looking straight at me. "Bae, are you alright?"

               

"Uhmm...mianhe, my mind floated elsewhere. Can I hear the song again?" Youngbae stutters and looks so shaken.

 

"No, let's take a break for a minute," I remark. "We've been doing this for hours, so, you may be tired. Let's have a break and we'll start again in fifteen minutes." As a signal for my exit my phone rings, just on time. "Please excuse me, I need to get this." I stand up and go out of the suffocating room.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Haeri's P.O.V

 

"Why are you wearing casual clothes on the press conference?" my manager asks me.

 

"I need to be comfortable and ready," I answer vaguely. It is my press conference for the magazine release of me being in the cover.

 

"Ready? For what?" my manager asks again bewildered.

 

"It's nothing. I just want to be prepared for anything. I don't want to get off guard," I respond nonchalantly.

 

"Do whatever you want to get ready," my manager remarks and leaves me alone in the room.

 

I really need to prepare. It's about time, I gather my courage and apologize to everyone I have stepped on. "You can do this, Haeri Shin. It's time for you to swallow your pride."

 

I grab my phone from the table in front of me and dial the number on my contact. "Hello," I utter nervously. "This is Haeri Shin and I want to report someone..."

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Jihye's P.O.V

 

"Great job guys!" I clap my hands in gladness. Finally! I am done being in here. I want to have another vacation. The stress being in here is so much that it took a lot of my energy. I will never do this again even for the sake of saving a friendship. It never worked anyway. All I get is awkwardness and problem.

 

"That's a wrap, finally," Teddy-oppa says in relief.

 

I chuckle at his notion of relief. Well, this is one hell of a week and I can't blame him for being relieve that we are done, even I am relieved.

 

"Are you finally done?" YG-appa enters the room with a carefree smile.

 

"Yes, we are done," I reply with an irk smile for his carefree one.

 

"That's great news. We can finally go to the next part. The music video," he says joyfully. "The production team has a wonderful idea about the music video."

 

"Can I go now? My part is done after all," I in.

 

"You're not done yet, Jihye. You have to see the completed work of yours."

 

I scowl at YG-appa. "I can see my complete work at the time it has to be released. I can wait for that time but for now, I want to rest," I say with a sarcastic smile to appa. One week is enough of stress if I am in the making of the music video then I will be ugly by the end of it.

 

"Then let us talk about it tomorrow. You can rest for today," YG-appa offers not going to budge an inch about me being there.

 

I roll my eyes in annoyance. Whatever the production team idea is if it is going to put more problems in me, I am going to nag the hell out of them. I will nag to YG-appa also. He will feel the wrath of an annoyed Jihye. "Fine, let us talk tomorrow."

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

"Jihye!!!" the girls shout as soon as I enter the house. Their faces are full of worry.

 

My eyes widen in surprise. "Why? Did something bad happen?"

 

"It is not bad. It is super bad," Dahee says freaking out.

 

"Just watch the news," Eunjae speaks mortified. "I think it's my fault."

 

I walk in a hurry towards the living room. The television is on and Haeri's face is showing.

 

"Shin Haeri, the supermodel, had confessed a heinous crime earlier at the press conference of a magazine. People were shocked, surprised and horrified when policemen came in the conference hall. They were holding a warrant of arrest to Ms. Shin. Ms. Shin said that during the stabbing of Ms. Song Jihye, she killed an innocent child. According to Ms. Shin, Ms. Song is carrying a child in her womb when the stabbing happens and the child was fatally hit when the knife struck her body," the reporter says.

 

I feel my legs wobbling and I plop down on the floor. "Don't tell me she saw the tombstone of my angel?" I say in shock.

 

"She did, Jihye, and because of my anger towards her, I said something I shouldn't. I'm sorry," Eunjae says as she tries hard not to cry, I can see that.

 

I close my eyes in fear and bite my shaking lips. "It has been done, Eunjae. There's nothing I can do now."

 

"The police are mouth shut and will not speak on the progress of the investigation. It is highly confidential because the Song lawyer says that both sides want it that way," the reporter speaks.

 

"So, my parent knows about this," I utter weakly. "What will I do? Jiyong...Jiyong will..."

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong's P.O.V

 

My eyes widen in shock as I hear the news in the television. "What the hell," I cuss. "What are they saying?"

 

Two years ago, Jihye left me because she doesn't want another Shin Haeri to come in her life. She told me that she doesn't want to see me blame the fans because of their hatred towards her. She told me that she is a bad influence to me in the eyes of my fans.

 

YG-hyung sighs heavily and looks at me. "I guess it is time for you to know. There's a person waiting for you in my office. You can go see that person now."

 

"What's this? Why can't you tell me in here?" I shriek in confusion.

 

"Jiyong, it is not my right to say it to you not even the person waiting for you in my office but we can't hide anything forever. So, just go to my office and meet the person."

 

I hurriedly walk out of the recording room and take the elevator to YG-hyung's office. I am tapping my feet at my nervousness and worries. What is this all about? I can't make up my mind about everything.

 

The elevator door opens and I step out in a hurry and open the door to YG's office.

 

"It has been a while, Jiyong."

 

"Aunt Miranda," I acknowledge.

 

"Have a sit and let's talk," she says.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Comment!

Upvote!

Subscribe!

I hope you like it!

-authornim