Miss Understanding

SHE

Chapter 36:

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

It’s been three days and twelve hours, I’m missing her already. It feels like my world is quiet and her presence is needed to make my day whole. I sigh and my heads fall on the desk. “Jihye,” I mumble gloomily.

 

“Miss her that much?” Teddy-hyung asks as he enters the recording room.

 

I nod my head in response. “Argh! Hyung, I miss her soooooo much,” I whine childishly which garnered an amused laugh from him. She isn’t even calling or sending me messages and my mind is running a thousand miles just to get to her.

 

“Jiyong, you have a visitor,” Kush says.

 

My smile wide for thinking it is her but it drops instantly. The moment I turn around, I see Kiko standing in the door. Uhmm…what the hell is she doing here? And how did she enter the building when she caused havoc the last time she is here?

 

“Can we talk just the two of us?” she asks, smiling at me.

 

“No, we can talk here with Teddy-hyung and Kush, if you do want to talk that is?” I reply then turn back and start playing the recording I had done for the past few days. “You can sit in the back and talk, I’ll converse with you while I’m busy doing this.”

 

Kiko slams the door and walks away.

 

I look back and utter feigning innocence, “What’s with her?”

 

Teddy-hyung and Kush shake their heads in disbelief and then shrug their shoulders.

 

“I see Kiko storming away with a furious face outside the building. Did something happen?” Eunjae points out with her thumbs.

 

“She says she wants to talk but she storms out before talking to me,” I reply nonchalant, still trying to figure out what’s missing in the song.

 

“Talk? Hmmm…maybe, she wants to talk about this.” Eunjae shows me a photo of Jihye having a dinner with a man.

 

My eyes go wide in surprise and grab the phone out of Eunjae's hand. "What the hell," I curse while scrolling down all the photos of paparazzi got. "What's the meaning of this?"

 

Jihye's P.O.V

 

"What's the meaning of what?" I in as I heard Jiyong's loud voice. He is definitely angry at someone. Did something happen?

 

All heads turns towards me and all have astonished expressions. Uhmm...did I do something I didn't know about? Am I their topic?

 

"Why did you come straight here from the airport?" Eunjae asks, raising a brow at me.

 

"It's on the way. So, I decided to drop by here to give the guys souvenirs from Paris. Did I come at the wrong time?" I reply to Eunjae, not really knowing what's happening.

 

Eunjae points on Jiyong, who is glaring at me.

 

"What did I do? I don't even know why he's mad at me," I express frustrated.

 

"I just showed him the photo of you and Chaewon's fiancé having a cozy dinner in New York," Eunjae explains, shrugging the topic like its normal.

 

"Oh!" I mutter in surprise then laugh. "Can I speak to him for a moment?" The people present inside nod their heads in agreement. "Shall we go to the rooftop?" I suggest to him.

 

He stands and leaves me behind. "Omo! That's a problem," I utter smiling and shaking my head in disbelief. Before I follow Jiyong, I point at Eunjae. "We will talk about this at home, missy," I inform her.

 

Eunjae chuckles and nods her head in response.

 

I step into the elevator and press the rooftop button. Aisht! Jiyong is mad at a not worth issue. He gets so jealous so easily and he warns me about him being possessive but he can't just guard me when boys are around me since, my work is surrounded by boys and girls.

 

The door opens and Jiyong's silhouette is at the edge, looking at nowhere in particular. I step out of the elevator and stride towards him. "Did you get jealous?" I muse, grinning.

 

Jiyong sighs and look at me. "I am," he affirms distressed.

 

I chuckle at how he becomes more honest. I cup his cheeks and put our foreheads closer. "I'm sorry then if I made you jealous," I express my regret for making him sad for being a jealous brat.

 

He kisses me, hugs and then rests his chin on my shoulder. "Don't dress like that again when you are having dinner with a boy," he remarks stern.

 

I giggle and rub his back to calm his nerves. "Arasso, I will not wear any short dresses when I'm out with another man," she answers.

 

Arasso,” he mumbles, his head snuggling at the crook of my neck. “I love you,” he says.

 

“Hmm…” I nod my head in acknowledgement.

 

“Why did you meet with Chaewon’s fiancé? It’s far from Paris.” He pulls away and looks at me curiously.

 

“It’s a long story. And before I can tell you anything about it, I need to talk it about the girls. It’s a bit personal especially to Chaewon,” I reply seriously. “Shall we go down already? I still need to rest after all.” I extend my hand waiting for his hand. Sometimes, I think I’m the boy more than the girl because I initiate the holding hands more than him.

 

He grabs my hand, pulls me towards him and wounds his arm on my waist and then starts walking towards the elevator. “What did you bring for me?” He inquires when we are inside the elevator.

 

I smile sheepishly and shrug. “I will drop Bigbang’s and 2ne1’s gifts in their home. So, you will know what’s yours when you get home.” They step out of the elevator and walks back to the recording room. “Teddy-oppa, I will leave him in your care again.”

 

“He’s having hard time with his song?” Teddy confides, giving me the meaningful stare.

 

I chuckle and raise my hand in defeat. “Arasso,” I utter in defeat but my tone is cheerful. “I will stay for half an hour more, just for you, oppa.” I wink and beam at him.

 

Hul!” Jiyong reacts and squeezes my waist.

 

I laugh and shrug him off and sit beside Teddy-oppa. He presses the play button and the song that he is getting hard time played. “What’s the title of the song?” I ask as I listen to it.

 

“Crooked,” Teddy­-oppa answers and is listening to the song completely too.

 

Cheri, what do you think is lacking?” I ask.

 

Cheri…what?” Teddy-oppa exclaims in surprise.

 

Cheri, it means dear or honey in French,” Jiyong explains as he smiles widely at my new endearment for him. He leans and mumbles, “You beat me in thinking of what to call you.”

 

“You still have none?” I ask appalled that he hasn’t think of any. “Would you like to call me baby girl still?”

 

Jiyong shakes his head and smile at me. “Since you’re going French for me, might as well think of a French endearment,” he muses. “I really don’t know what’s missing in the song. It’s good but not great still.”

 

I nod my head in acknowledgement. What is missing, I thought. I ask Teddy to play it again and I order Jiyong to go to the recording booth once again. I tell him to repeat the verse I didn’t like and so, he did.

 

Cherie or mon ange,” he speaks over the recording booth. We look at him since he said something not on the song. “Mianhe,” he bows as he apologizes. (Trans: Cheri for man and Cherie for woman.)

 

My angel, huh? Am I his angel? Am I really an angel in the first place? I shake the thoughts away and just smile fondly at him. “Jiyong, repeat the verse please,” I remind him of what we are doing and I have to be here for another thirty minutes.

 

The door opens and YG-appa enters. “What are you still doing here?” He asks me, but listening to the person doing the recording again.

 

“I’m helping them a bit. I’ll go home after this. Did you check if you have the figure that I bought in Paris? They say that toy figurine is limited edition and it’s hard to find,” I inquire but my focus is still on the singer.

 

“Yep, I still don’t have that. I bet that cost a lot of money. I’m looking for that toy since forever. I can boast it to Top since he still doesn’t have that,” he says menacingly.

 

This devilish old man likes to brag when another toy collector is close to him. I should have brought the same if I know that Top is also a toy collector but he like bear bricks so I bought him that. Next time, I will buy YG and Top the same thing, I thought.

 

“Jiyong, you can come out now,” I tell him then turn around, my full attention to YG-appa while Teddy-oppa does his magic again for the song. “Don’t forget to bring the things I bought to Yoojin and Eunju-eomma,” I remind him. Those are the things that he must not forget because I will be killed by Eunju-eomma if she doesn’t receive any.

 

Aisht! I will not forget it, you rascal,” YG whines.

 

Teddy-oppa plays the song again after editing and we listen to it, quietly. I sway my head to the song beat. It’s a little better than earlier. “That’s all I can do. You better do the rest since my head is not yet running quite well.”

 

“It’s a little better than earlier still. I think we can start from there again,” Teddy-oppa implies, his eyes telling me he is happy with the outcome. “Thanks for dropping by,” he chimes.

 

I stand up and stare at the two people I’m going to leave behind in this studio. “I have to go. I still need my rest, after all.” I kiss Teddy-oppa in the cheek and so is Jiyong. “Cheri, I’ll go now. Do your best to finish your song, arassoyo?”

 

“I’ll accompany you till outside,” YG-appa says as he steps out of the room.

 

I look at Teddy-oppa, who is already busy listening to the song in the headphones. I want to roll my eyes at his acting to be invisible in here. Anyway, I cup Jiyong’s cheeks, squeeze and kiss his pouted lips. “You can do it,” I cheer while stepping out of the studio.

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

“She’s good at music, ne?” I ask Teddy-hyung when we are alone again in the room.

 

“Yes, she is. I mean they are. When I met them, YG introduced them to me as music prodigies but the girls don’t like being into music because the things they want to do are not much related to music. Jihye likes modeling but she has to quit because running a business is what she’s good at too, Eunjae likes mixing drinks or cocktails, Dahee likes to be a patissiere, Chaewon likes photography and music the most, and Sumi likes to be a doctor.” He sums up all the girls doing.

 

“So, all in all, they aren’t much related to music that they are born well at,” I inquire again and hyung nods his head in agreement.

 

“But those girls like to do what they want so, I think nobody can talk to them not to do what they like,” hyung remarks.

 

“I agree,” I answer with a smile, imagining the furious girls when they are ordered to do something they don’t want to do. All hell will break lose if that happens.

 

“But Jiyong, you should be careful since whenever people get link with you they get bashed and cursed to their core not only you but every one of you. It is like people get horns when they hear that one of you likes someone.” Hyung confides his worry.

 

I sigh, understanding what he is saying. “I know and I’m afraid that I will lose her when it becomes worse.”

 

Teddy’s P.O.V

 

“You’ll lose her, when you give up on her,” I murmur and my hand’s covering my mouth.

 

Mwo?” Jiyong exclaims surprise and confuse.

 

Jiyong will definitely lose her when he gives up on her if he knew what Jihye is like when they are still not together.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

I hope you like it!

Upvote!

Comment!

Subscribe!

-authornim