Work

SHE

Chapter 20:

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

Hell week has started and here we are today together with Teddy in front of a paper and pencil, trying to come up with the first verse of the song to be sang by the 2ne1 girls. Eyebrows are almost connecting with the frown the girls are having, clicking of tongues and sounds of paper having interactions with the eraser are what you will see and hear from the room.

 

"Are they really going to be okay?" Teddy asks worriedly.

 

I smile and nod. "As if you don't know them, they already make waves around the world with their super-duper ability with making lyrics."

 

"And you and Sumi will be the one bringing the lyrics alive," he states while hinting at me with a smile.

 

"Shall we have a rest for a while?" I offer and they all grumble in agreement. GD is doing the same anyway. He is writing a song too for his own solo album.

 

The door opens and Top enters with a grin on his face. "We brought lunch," he chimes, waving the paper bag he is holding.

 

"You're not trying to poison us, are you?" Eunjae jests.

 

"Sorry to disappoint you. I didn't cook it." He teases back.

 

"Aw! Such a shame," Chaewon butts in.

 

I chuckle at their usual bantering. Ever since these guys became my love protector, they've been close and this is their usual way of talking to Top. Mindlessly, my fingers play a very strong tune but I'm the only one who noticed it. "It will be a great tune," I mumble silently.

 

"Jihye, let's eat," they all call at me.

 

"Are you sure you didn't cook that Oppa? I don't want to be sent to the hospital." I tease, grinning at him.

 

Then the door burst out open and a half-annoyed Seungri came in. "Hyung, you are such a thief. We all prepared for that. Why are you hugging their praises?"

 

"Praises?" I mutter questioningly. Did we mutter praise for his effort or the food, itself? I don't remember hearing something like that from our mouths. Seungri must be deaf or very judgemental.

 

"Sorry to burst your imaginative bubble. They didn't even praise me for it. All I got is scrutiny for bringing them food to eat since it’s already past lunch.” He replies with a fake hurt in his voice.

 

“Sorry for the so called scrutiny we have sputtered at you,” Eunjae condemns teasingly.

 

“Enough of that scrutiny thing,” I in, “I do hope you bought me some coffee. I really need energy for today.”

 

“Jiyong is on his way with all of your coffees.” Youngbae steps in and gives us his famous smile.

 

“He didn’t volunteer. Or did he?” I ask, sits at the sofa unoccupied by the girls because they are busy munching on the food and they all sat on the floor. They look at me hesitantly and then I sigh, grab my chopsticks, given by Eunjae, and pick a side dish I like on the food they have delivered for us. “Did you eat already?” I ask again because I notice that this food is too many just for us girls even if we are glutton.

 

“Oh! We are counted on that food proportion. And I’m eating now.” Seungri chants then sits beside Chaewon on the floor, so as the others.

 

As they excitedly dig in on the food in front of them, I close my eyes to relax them a bit since they are hurting earlier and it's giving me the plague of a stress. I should have brought my glasses with me if I knew this will happen.

 

"Are you okay," they all ask in worry and I know they are all looking at me. I reply a quick nod of my head not bothering to open my eyes.

 

"Shall I ask someone to grab your glasses at home?" Eunjae says. She must have seated with me, the couch dip a bit.

 

"Are you sure you're okay?" I open my eyes surprised for the owner of the voice. Hmm...When did he come in? I didn't hear the door at all. Did he just come out of nowhere?

 

I shake my head and smile then rest my head on his shoulder. The reason of my headache is because YG asked me to make a song for GD and it’s my role, solely. I should have probably done it when I’m in the vacation with the girls before this hell started. Two album and two groups to help is so much even for us, we are not professionals after all. We are just teens and non-teens, if that is even a word, who likes creating stuffs that may or may not be good to others.

 

“Have she eaten?” I hear him ask and I see the guys shake their heads. I feel his head move a little towards me. “Why have you not eaten?” there is a little strain on his tone.

 

“I did have a bite,” I answer with uncertainty. But I really did grab a bite of my favourite side dish, so basically I eat?

 

“It’s just a bit, Jihye,” Dahee comments not happy about my statement. I do agree that it is a bit sarcastic but this is me, anyway. I’m sarcastic.

 

"Should I feed you?"

 

"There's no need for that, GD. I'm perfectly fine. I will eat after all." I explain.  There's no need to fret over something like me not eating. That will be a sin for me if I won't eat for a day. I'm a glutton after all. A food lover loves to eat after all.

 

"Jihye, YG is asking for you in his office," someone says which voice I recognize as Tablo, one of the artists of YG Entertainment.

 

So, yeah, we know most of the artist in here since we are coming here for two days already and maybe, when the week ends we will be done and have already know all of the artist and even trainees with future ahead of their talents.

 

 "Okay," I answer, get up and then didn't even bother to tell them or even ask why I am being summoned on the office. I just walk out of the room knowing one of them or all of them will ask me why or not. I'm just being a smarty pants who knows everything.

 

I knock on the door and he tells me to come in. I slowly, not, open the door and grins at him. "Why am I being called in the principal's office?" I teasingly say.

 

He smiles and offers me to take a seat. "How’s the song going?" he asks seriously, offering me his sandwich, which I know is prepared just for me because all of the things piled inside it are my favorite.

 

"It's almost done but I don't know if it will be like, because my inspiration is not very well sitting with them," I explain.

 

"I know you will not tell me about it and everything will be heard when all the arrangements are done...but there is one thing I surely will not like to see happening..."

 

"It's about me and GD, right?" I in, looking at him sincerely and a little sad at the same time. He nods his head and telling me in his eyes, 'I warn you about it'.

 

I sigh and slump my back on the chair. "I am not playing but I will not even promise he will not get hurt," I mutter.

 

"I know," he speaks, "and I didn't like this one bit but there's some glow in the two of you when you are together. Are you connected somehow?"

 

I shake my head to lie. Are we connected? Yeah, we are. It is the black history of my playgirl ways. And everything is becoming more and more dangerous by the second. There is a big fat chance he will know who I am just by the stupid mouth of my friends and his two other friends.

 

"I have to go," I stand up and wipe the remaining mayo on my fingers, "thanks for the delicious sandwich," I wink and bid him goodbye.

-----------------------------------------------------

 

"I have eaten," I blurt out to them, my hand raise in the air like I'm being threatened by a gun.

 

"You should have said you didn't like the food," Seungri frets over something not worth fretting again and he even adds a pout of the lips and a cross of the arms.

 

I chuckle and walk towards the whining maknae. I cup his cheeks and smile widely. "I like the food. I'm not a picky eater after all. It is just that I can't decline the offer of the boss of this building or else you will see me being drag out of his office like a fool." I say in exaggeration.

 

I am then being drag back, away from Seungri. "That's too close," GD whines and is glaring at the grinning Seungri.

 

"Jealous much," Seungri retorts.

 

I stretch my arms to stop the two from bickering like little children who likes the freaking toy and they both want it to the core and they will never give up no matter what.

 

"Let's not bicker and start working, GD, start writing your own song with the help of Teddy-hyung, Tablo and Sumi." I point all of the names I mention and point on the direction of where they are going to work and then the other people, who are not mention, immediately taken the other table available.

 

"Shall we start," I utter, clapping my hands and go to the group of the 2ne1 writers. I am then dragged towards the GD writers and everybody laugh at GD, who is responsible for the dragging.

------------------------------------------------------

 

At the end of the day, everyone is tired and nobody is moving an inch from their position, their bodies limp and soulless.

 

"Shall we wrap this for the day," Eunjae suggests and everyone agree except GD, who stubbornly insisted that he will stay to finish writing because his mind is running like a computer when it comes to writing.

 

I lean back and nod my head to the girls. They nod back and didn't ask more. "Shall we take our leave," Chaewon utters and grab her belongings and the rest did the same.

-----------------------------------------------------

 

"Why did you stay?" he asks his head slightly turns towards me, and curiosity is in his eyes.

 

"Should I go home? And why are you asking just now when it's already past ten in the evening?" I retort back.

 

He smiles sheepishly and gives me a quick hug. "You really know how to be sweet sometimes, baby girl," he voices out.

 

I look at him dubiously and then when I get the annoyed reaction from him, I laugh so hard. I cup his cheeks and say, "I'm just kidding. Are you done? If you are, shall we grab some light meal?"

 

"A light meal sounds great but I'm not yet done. Can you give an hour more?" he gives me the puppy eye look which I can't resist.

 

"Arasso, only an hour more," I reply.

 

While I am waiting for him for long hours since the gang left, I have already finished the lyrics of the song in my head but not yet the tune but an accompaniment of piano might do the job for the song. And for the hour asked, I have fallen asleep, my head resting on my arms that are on the table for pillow.

 

I've woken up after an hour as my watch says so and GD is beside me sleeping too. What the hell! He is freaking sleeping soundly and here I thought that he will wake me up not sleep too.

 

"Jihye," he mumbles with a little cute expression.

 

I smile and then kick him out of the chair. That is the most memorable expression I will like to inscribe on my head. The dazed and shock expression, he is having right now.

 

"Good evening," I smile mischievously, "and I'm hungry already. And to tell you, I've only eaten sandwich for lunch, if you don't want me to go ballistic in hunger, we better go have our late dinner."

 

"Shaking me lightly will do job, baby girl,” he whines while wiping his aching .

 

“That will be to boring,” I reply smirking at him.

 

He shakes his head and stretches his hand towards me. “Shall we eat before you turn into a monster?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

I hope you love or like it!

Please, leave a comment!

~authornim

(A/N: This purely fiction and my mind running wild. For the writing of lyrics is purely fan made. :D)