Instincts

SHE

Chapter 16:

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

                He knows.

 

I sigh as I remember that freaking message he sent me tonight. Sipping the coffee I ordered while waiting for the stupid idiot who likes to come late like always. I do wonder if there is something wrong with his watch or he is just freaking slow in driving. I choose the first one or better yet, he doesn’t know how to read the time. I’ve been here for almost half an hour already and there is no still glimpse of him.

 

I look at my watch and it’s time for me to be at the bar but here I am waiting for a person whose motto in life is to be late when meeting me. I should add this to the list of what Dahee hates. Yeah, I probably should.

 

“Sorry, I’m late.” He says as he sits opposite me and grabs my coffee without hesitation. I’m used to it since he always steals my drink and we had the same taste in our coffee.

 

“Why are you late again, Seunghyun-oppa? And don’t give me the freaking traffic reason. You have already worn out that excuse and it’s not convincing anymore.” I tell him, my hand propped up and my chin rest on my palm, and giving him the ‘another-reason-please’ look.

 

He chuckles, pull off his sunglass and place it on the table. He gives me the cool gaze. “That won’t work on me,” I exclaim, giving him a cool smirk.

 

“Aw,” he says dejectedly while putting his palm on his heart faking hurt, “you really do like to hurt my ego that much.”

 

“Your ego is huge to my liking. Scratching it a bit won’t even falter you.” I counter grabbing my drink back to my side.

 

He grabs it back and sips on it again while giving me a challenging look. I look at him fiercely and like always he shrugs it off. “Let’s go to the issue at hand, shall we?” He says coolly.

 

I look at him incredulously and then scoff. “Acting so cool on me won’t work,” I shake my head for a no. “Anyway, what does he know?”

 

He leans back and has this crease on his face. “It’s not like he knows but he is moving base on his instinct. He showed us the letter you left him years ago and the letter you left days ago.” He mutters seriously.

 

I lean back too, my hands cross on my chest. Thinking that, I should have known that he still has the note I left when I met him years back. And I should have been careful on the one I left in the rest house, damn, writing it in English is a bad decision.

 

“So, that is why he is giving me pink roses like he is wooing me.” He nods in response. “And you’re going with his flow to get into Dahee,” I pointed out mischievously.

 

He clicks his tongue and shoots me with his hand with a willful smile on his face. “You got that right. And I call you here to know how am I faring?”

 

“And here I thought you are concerned about me.” I shake my head in disbelief but there is an apparent grin on my face. “I should have known.”

 

“Oh no, Jihye-ssi, I’m worried about you,” he says desolately while his hand rest on his heart.

 

“Worried my ,” I spat playfully then both of us laugh. “Anyway, you are faring quite well to my opinion.” I will not tell him any of the talking and rambling of Dahee about him, my lips are sealed, firmly sealed.

 

“Then how is my friend faring?” He asks meaningfully. I look at him blankly. “So, I’ll take that as a no,” he declares.

 

I laugh softly and give him an amuse look. “He’s asking me on a date. Can I assume that you gave him my number?” He smiles sneakily. “Really,” I mock at him good-humoredly.

 

“Sorry about that but he irks me from so much nagging,” he raises his hands in surrender.

 

“Arasso, I better get going before I’m spotted again together with you and have another issue. But I do miss our night escapades. We’ll do that some other time when I’m not busy.” I wink, wave my hand, wear my sunglass even if there is no sun, wear my beanie and ride my car to go to the bar. It is my shift tonight after all.

 

Fr: Big Seunghyun :D

 

                How about your next day off? I will not miss it for sure. :*

 

My next day off? That is tomorrow but I have a date tomorrow with GD and that is night also. I pouted my lips in dismay. My dates, that’s what we like to call them, with Seunghyun-oppa are all unromantic, not even a tinge of hint on it. We always end up doing something weird like walking in horrendous outfits that if we are caught on cam, he will surely be the feast of the paparazzi. That will be funny for me but not for his company and image. Thankful enough, we are still not caught and we only did that once.

 

But most of the times, we are into adventures of cuisines. We dine in different restaurants or stalls with less people to be safe. That’s what we always do, eat and eat and eat.

 

Here, I am sitting in a restaurant wearing a dress. After a year, I wore a dress, finally. But it is only because the girls nag me to wear something other than pants and shorts. That’s likely what I’ve been wearing and they are fed up with it.

 

And sitting in front of me is GD wearing a flashy color suit, not the shining kind of suit but it’s flashy to me if it’s a bold or deep colored rather than black, maroon, or brown. Those colors are the things I call normal.

 

“So, are we just going to eat quietly or you are not use to talking to people when eating?” I inquire curiously. This is his not his first time to have dinner with girls, that’s for sure. Then why are we quiet here? Hello!

 

I place my fork and knife down and look at him. He looks back at me. “GD, are you nervous or there is no topic to talk about?” I ask looking straight into his eyes.

 

He gazes at me still silent then a smile appears on his face. “Why not start with calling me Jiyong rather than GD?” He says coolly. Jiyong? What is wrong with being called GD? “Come on,” he encourages.

 

"Shall we continue eating?" I tell him smiling sweetly.

 

He pouts like a child and nags me like a kid. "Caaaalllll me Jjjiiiiyyyooong," he drawls.

 

I glower at him. "What is wrong with calling you GD? It is still your name after all."

 

"It is," he agrees, "but...I want you to call me Jiyong not GD!" He yells.

 

I cover my mouth to hide the smile on my lips. He is so damn cute when he's acting like that. And it doesn't fit him because he's wearing a suit. "I like GD, because all your friends call you Jiyong and I'm just like a fan calling you GD-oppa," I coo. "Anyway, why are we going out like this? Last time I check you are planning wooing Kiko back to you?"

 

Oh dear! I do know how to ruin a moment of cheesiness.

 

He stops eating and has this sad look in his face. "Let's not talk about her," he answers dryly.

 

Oh dear, oh dear! I'm really ruining the night. Seems like there is a storm at the ocean and I'm being the sacrificial lamb to stop his hurting heart.

 

"Come on, share it. I may not look reliable but I do give some good listening ears and mouth to give some advice. I'm not a in that kind of heart issues anymore." I respond to him warmly, wiping my mouth then smile at him.

 

"Let's talk about when we are having coffee," he says evading the topic like the plague.

 

"Better yet, let's go to the club tonight," I remark smiling. I stand up, grab my bag and grab his hand. "Shall we? You are my date tonight after all."

-------------------------------------------

 

We enter the club, me holding his hands like a mother holding her child but the place is not appropriate for my analogy. Anyway, the club is not pack today and it suits my liking.

 

"Gin, two tequilas please," I yell at the bartender.

 

He stops and looks at us but nods when he recuperates from the surprise. "Here you go. Enjoy your drinks," he says and goes back to mixing cocktails.

 

"I don't like tequila that much," he mumbles to me.

 

"Brandy then?" I inquire. "Oh come on, GD, tell me about it. You're acting like I'm not your friend. And I'm kind of hurt to be the rebound in this situation." I grumble.

 

His eyes wide in shock and opens his mouth to explain. I cover his mouth and smiles at him.

 

"Let Eunjae, the special bartender serve you tonight," she enters the scene like a magician. I gave her an amuse look and she gives me a sly smile back.

 

“Give us your best drink Ms. Choi,” I counter pleasantly. “My friend is here kind of a bummer today. Do you know something that can lift his spirit?”

 

“I just have the best mix for a bummer date,” she replies smirking at Jiyong then looks at me.

 

“You can tell it to Eunjae and tell you straight what she thinks about it,” I tell him then drink the tequila in one gulp.

 

“I’m about to reconcile with her…”

 

“And she never let you speak?” I end it for him in a question. He nods in response.

 

Eunjae place her cocktail mix in front of us. “Enjoy,” she ushers smiling then goes back to mixing for the other customers. She may look like a prying woman but she isn’t like that at all. She knows when privacy is needed.

 

“In the end you gave up?” I ask.

 

He looks at me and opens his mouth. “I want to clarify, you are not a rebound. It is just…” he stops afraid to end it.

 

It’s because you think of me as the same as the Anna you are looking for. Well, that’s me but that doesn’t mean I will just blurt it to him without asking if I am her. It’s not like I will answer or will evade it quite skillfully.

 

I look at him blankly waiting for him to end his statement. He smiles and shakes his head. “It’s nothing.”

 

I raise a brow. “So I’m really a rebound,” I blurt out surprise, I’m acting it out. Of course, I know I’m not a rebound. I hope so.

 

“Eunjae,” I call whiningly. Eunjae looks at me and is walking slowly back to us.

 

“Yah!” He covers my mouth.

 

“What is it?” She asks innocently.

 

I grab his hand to get it off my mouth and speak but he stands up and pulls my head and it is forcefully place in his chest for him to hold me firmly. “It’s nothing,” he says flabbergasted.

 

Eunjae raises a brow and studies his face carefully then looks at me. “Is it really nothing,” she pry her gaze as sharp as an eagle but she is smirking. I wail my arms but his other hand wraps around me to secure my hand in place. Eunjae sneers, “are you sure it’s nothing,” she speaks.

 

“Yep, I’m sure.” GD answers firmly. I glare at him and he looks down smiling childishly to me. “Jihye is just upset about me drinking in her drink,” he lies.

 

Eunjae nods in understanding and walks away from us then he lets go of me. I stand up fast and shouts, “Eunjae, I’m a rebound.” But it is evident that I’m just kidding, my tone is a bit pitchy and not serious at all.

 

After I say that I run away from him. Eunjae, on the other hand, goes into fits of laughter and GD starts looking at me deadly but he isn’t serious too but he still run after me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

I hope you like or love it!

Please, leave a comment!

~authornim

(A/N: I'm sorry for the delay. I'm quite busy still. So I hope you enjoy this one.)

Kamsahamnida!

Hengsho!