Answers

SHE

Chapter 65:

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

Here I am waiting for the interview with Jiyong to start in a matter of minutes, wearing the simplest shirt and jeans that I have. While we are waiting at the waiting room, Jiyong is holding my hand and caressing it to calm myself down or maybe his own nerves. This is our road to peace and I am not even saying forever because we don’t know what lies ahead.

 

I know we, Jiyong and I, will still face many challenges. Life is not easy after all. But I am sure that this time, no one is letting go until both of them is fighting for this relationship. I learn my lesson on not putting the entire problem on my shoulder. I always remind myself that Jiyong is always beside me whenever I need him and he is one call away if he isn’t around.

 

“What are you thinking?” Jiyong asks.

 

“Just random thoughts to keep my mind away from the impending interview,” I reply with a smile. “Are you nervous?”

 

“We are nervous,” the gang answers.

 

I chuckle and agree with them. “You don’t know what your leader will say, right?” I tease.

 

“Yah!”Jiyong shrieks in defense. “I will not make a blunder, okay? I am not that devastated as the past.”

 

I sigh. The past, it is still a haunting memory because whether we like it or not, we have to remember the past for us to remind ourselves of our baby. We will never let go of it. Because the past is a life experience that nurtured us, to what and who we are now.

 

“Jihye, Jiyong,” Manager Kim calls, “it is time.”

 

Arasso,” Jiyong and I say at the same time.

 

“Good luck,” the gang cheers.

 

“Pray for him,” I tease before dragging Jiyong away from the room.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

“Good afternoon, ladies and gentleman, we will like to thank you for giving us your time in this press conference. So, as for the topic, we will tackle the issue regarding everything between Jiyong Kwon, the leader of Bigbang, and Jihye Song.”

 

Why don’t have I an introduction after my name? Like a model or the heir to the Song companies. Well, that didn’t sound good to my ear. So, I’ll drop it.

 

“We will now start asking questions,” the emcee says. “Yes, the reporter seated at seat 23.” He points out.

 

“Since we will tackle the issue at hand, is it true that Jihye had a miscarriage few years back?”

 

I grab on my mic and smile. “Good afternoon, I’m Jihye Song. It is all nice to meet you and for giving us the time to express our side of the story, I am grateful for it. For my answer in the question, I didn’t have any miscarriage. I did have an operation for a punctured stomach and losing of blood but that’s what happened in the hospital years ago,” I answer calmly.

 

“Then why…”

 

“One question only sir,” the emcee butts in.

 

“Don’t worry it is fine,” I say to the emcee. “Let’s give him the benefit of being the first inquirer. Please continue, sir.”

 

“Why didn’t you file a complaint against Ms. Haeri Shin?”

 

“Haeri, or her family is a close friend of my family and we, all, can’t blame her for it since one, Jiyong and I didn’t clear up our relationship to her and two, everyone in our circle knows how Haeri loves Jiyong back then and our lack of explanation resulted to an assault. It is a crime of passion but nonetheless a crime but for me who knew Haeri since she was a kid, of course, I have to understand how she feels and should have been more careful of my action for not to be misunderstood.” Am I not great in explaining things my way?

 

“Then please reporter on seat 34,” the emcee says again.

 

“Judging from your explanation, are you and Jiyong dating or not?”

 

“Let me answer first and give Jihye time to recuperate from too much answering,” Jiyong jests. “Jihye and I are close friends. We collaborated in my album coup d’état. She and her friends help our YG team in making the album of the 2ne1, Youngbae and Seungri,” he clarifies.  “We are close friends because the time we spent doing albums is a long time and we, Jihye and I, are not the only one who’s close to each other. It is just that Jihye and I collaborated in my album that I ended up being seen together more with her than the others.”

 

“Yes, Jiyong is right. We are close friends. People tend to think more of it because I am a woman and his a man. But can’t a man and a woman form a bond not resulting in a romantic way?” I speak. I’m so sorry God for being such a liar. I will confess as soon as I end this interview.

 

“Next then, reporter seated on seat 14, please.”

 

“Then, the blaming of Jiyong to the fans is because you are friends and not more than friends?”

 

I know this question will come. I then look at Jiyong since I am not the person required to answer it.

 

Jiyong clears his throat and nods his head. “I deeply and gravely regret what have I done to my fans but I wish for them to deeply and gravely regret what they have said to many innocent girls who are link by my name and been bashed by them because of some untrue rumors. When the time comes that I am deeply in love with someone, I will share her to the whole VIP nation. I am not ashamed of doing that for her but all I’m asking is for them to understand me that there will come a time that I will fall in a woman that will capture my elusive heart.” He then winks.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

               

“For the last question, reporter on seat 28,” the emcee says.

 

“Then, is there no chance of you, Ms. Song and Mr. Kwon to be more than friends?”

 

I am not surprise that they are going to ask this but it is really funny knowing, that what we have spouted earlier are half-lies and half-truths. I usher for Jiyong to answer first. How will he answer?

 

“Well, we never know what lies ahead. But for now, Jihye and I are good friends,” Jiyong answers.

 

“When my heart tells me that Jiyong will be a man to my eyes then I guess, there’s a possibility,” I joke and then giggle. “I am happy living my life peacefully, so, for now, I want to live peacefully.” That is my answer.

 

“Okay, thank you for coming,” the emcee says. “Then ready your cameras and take a photo of Jihye and Jiyong together.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

“Hey, hyung, you answer quite well,” Seungri utters teasingly. “I thought my heart will explode every time you open your mouth.”

 

“Yah!”Jiyong shouts and slaps Seungri’s head. “Do you know how hard it is to think fast when you only have limited time? Try doing it.”

 

“Stop it already,” YG-appa enters. “I think for now, we evaded a sudden explosion but this is the last time we will have something like this. I don’t want to be on my toes anymore.”

 

“Who even wants to be on that situation?” Eunjae exclaims.

 

“Let’s eat outside for now without the boys. I want to have a peaceful night,” I remark. “Goodnight and goodbye, appa. See you when I’m back from my vacation in Hawaii with Dara.” I kiss him in the cheeks.

 

“Careful of paparazzi there, they are more notorious in here,” he reminds me.

 

“I will. See you when I can, cheri.” I walk towards Jiyong and kiss him on the cheek too. “Bye guys and see you soon.”

 

Top walks towards me and kisses me in the forehead as usual.“Always take care,” Top-oppa remarks. “I don’t want any more heart-attack from news.” He chuckles in amusement.

 

“Duh! As if I can find a cute Hawaiian guy in such a short time,” I tease.

 

Cherie!”Jiyong shouts.

 

Arasso, not even a Hawaiian guy,” I mutter.

 

“Only one particular Korean guy,” Chaewon utters. “So boring, Jihye,” she mocks and grins. “Date an Italian or maybe French.”

 

Jiyong sulks like a child when the gang laugh heartily.

 

“Fine, fine, I’m a one woman man. So, one particular Kpop guy is who I’m dating.” I wound my arms around his neck and bite his shoulder, a play bite. “Happy?”

 

“Happy,” the gang reply all at the same time then has another round of rowdy laughter.

 

I chuckle in amusement. “Just let them be,” I say to Jiyong. “Anyway,” I let go of Jiyong and turn around. “I really am starving. So, I better drag Dahee out and Eunjae drag Chaewon out before I let you eat sermon for letting me starve.”

 

Dahee leaves the room in a hurry after kissing Top on the lips and Eunjae drags the day dreaming Chaewon of her favorite boy group. Yes, until today, she is still a strong VIP fan, too strong rather.

 

“Bye, Ji.” I kiss him in the lips and goes out too.