Issue

SHE

Chapter 9:

 

Jihye's P.O.V

 

The next day news about the disaster at the party is all around the tabloids and the web. Reporters capturing Haeri being drag out of the bar while she is throwing tantrums. My name is drag again with her and this time I'm being link to Jiyong as his girlfriend. Damn! Why is everything so complicated like this? Haeri is done for the meantime but Kiko Mizuhara will probably berserk know my name is Jihye. I just mentally cross fingers for her to not remember the dream Jiyong had.

 

"Let us see, the bruise," Eunjae says.

 

"I think you better not see it," I advise them.

 

"Is it something worse than expected?" I nod in response. "Let us see then," she orders.

 

I sigh and pull off my cardigan and they only have a glance of my arms full of marks. I pull up my shirt and they gasp when they saw the big mark on my back. It is really big and purplish in color. The glass is heavy after all and the force is not light as I thought. Eunjae is in the form of touching it. "Don't touch it," I warn.

 

"It hurts that bad?"

 

"It does. I slept lying face flat on my pillow because my back is killing me." I explain and pull down my clothes and put on my cardigan. This is a disaster. Omma and Appa will definitely file a complaint if they see this. It's a good thing they are not here again. "I will stay in the house for quite some time and let the news die down on its own. Take care of the club, I need my rest." I sluggishly walk towards my room.

 

Eunjae's P.O.V

 

"I'll report to YG in his office. Watch her for the meantime. I'm afraid that those bruise can cause fever, arasso?" The three girls nod in response.

 

Aisht! Shin Haeri, you bipolar, freakish girl, what did you do to my best friend's body? Those bruises are definitely deeply dark to my liking. It will take days for it to turn back to normal. And judging from the biggest one, it will cause her grumpiness for quite some time.

 

I give my name to the guard and he calls someone before letting me enter the ing building. He ushers me in and tell me the direction for the CEO's office.

 

"Eunjae," I hear someone call and obviously it is Jiyong, the freaking bastard who is into bipolar girls. He runs to me and smiles. Okay, he is cute when he smiles. But I'm still looking at what she saw in him. "How's Jihye?"

 

I look at him blankly then smiles. "She is fine," I answer. Fine? She is absolutely not fine at all. She has bruise all over her back because she protected you from getting bruise instead.

 

I hear him give a sigh of relief. He is relief that she's okay. Okay, what is this connection thingy on the two of them? They do have the same feelings to what I can see but why are they holding back like freaking morons?

 

You know elder brother, if you didn't leave her so brokenhearted in this world. I do wonder if she's still the girl who likes to smile on small things, pure but never naive. Have you found the right guy for her? You promised me that you will surely find him even if you're dead. Now, that you are dead. Have you found him?

 

"Eunjae," he snaps his finger near my face.

 

"Did you say something?" I say startled. Aisht! I must really be sleep deprive for my mind to fly while talking to this guy.

 

"Where are you going?" He asks me again.

 

"Ah! I'm going to meet with Yang Hyun-suk. He asks for a meeting with me about something." I reply. I look at my watch. Ah! I'm late. "Jiyong, I will go now. See you around." I wave goodbye while running towards the office.

 

Elder brother, find him quickly. Please not someone like you.

 

I found him.

 

I look back instantly surprise to hear a reply and it is like the voice of my brother too. I shudder and afraid in utter disbelief. Did my brother just told me he found him?

 

"Oppa," I whine evidently afraid. My mind is absolutely playing a trick on me.

 

"As of now, she will be on leave and I don't advise for her to come out yet and for the help you have ask, can we postpone it for a month or two?" I suggest on YG appa.

 

I'm sitting right now in his office talking about Jihye's condition from last night and on how we can cope up in this with our schedule for the help he is asking us to do. For now, I'm the spokesperson for the group while our leader is recuperating from all those bruises.

 

"I will comply on that. Is it that terrible?" He asks again. It is already the fifth time he asks me about the bruises. Do I look unconvincing?

 

"It is. Her whole back is covered with purplish spots." I affirm again.

 

He sighs and shakes his head. "She must have put the artist first rather than her body," he implies.

 

Really? It doesn't look like to me. Well, I can't tell that to YG-appa, can I? I gaze at him and decide that I can't tell him that because he will be opposed to it.

 

"For that night, she is the owner protecting her guest," I agree. "It is our fault that Haeri acted like that, anyway." It is partly our fault for making those leaning of the head thingy. Haeri must have been not in the good mood that night.

 

"Sends her my deepest apologies for what happened. So as of today, you have given your statement about the issue." He says as he looks at the paper lying on his table.

 

"Yes, Jihye said that is her statement and will leave everything to you for the next step," I respond.

 

He nods and claps his hand. It startles me and that made him laugh. "Sorry," he mutters.

 

"It's alright, YG-appa," I assure him. I am only startle because I am not prepared on that. My mind is still roaming around the air flying somewhere.

 

"I will announce yours and ours statement tonight," he answers and stands up. "I will visit her one of this days when everything has settled down."

 

"Just give as a heads up for us to prepare and clean our mess up house. Eunju-eonnie will reprimand us again if she sees it so unruly." I tease but I'm serious on it.

 

He smiles and nods. "I will. I wish her well."

 

Jiyong's P.O.V

 

What happen in the New Year's party is the result of too much having fun and drinking. I understand that Ms. Shin is intoxicated and didn't know what she is doing. I'm completely okay. And I want to make it clear that there is no hard feeling on my part for Ms. Shin. We all know she admires and loves Mr. Kwon. That must be the reason she behaved that way. You know the line "I will do everything for love". She must have believed on that quote. Besides, as the owner of the club, it is my responsibility to protect my guest from harm. I hope that this statement will make the rumors about me and Mr. Kwon being an item subsides. We are not. I hope I cleared everything in this statement.

 

"This is the official statement Ms. Song Jihye gave to YG entertainment. She gave her approval to the company to announce and make this statement public to clear all the misunderstanding." The girl reporter says.

 

"According to our sources, Ms. Shin has filed for leave in her company to clear her mind and reflect on what she did." The co-anchor said.

 

The girl reporter nods her head. "This is the biggest news we have at the beginning of the year. The biggest names in modelling and in music in a big controversy are the highlight of the New Year. According to our sources, Ms. Song is not yet to be seen in public eye just like GD and Shin Haeri. Everyone wants to know what happen to her because from all the eye witnesses, they affirm that she was hit by the heavy old-fashioned glass for brandy and the ices thrown at her are not small either."

 

"That's all the entertainment news has been reporting all day," Seungri says in frustration.

 

"I have memorized what they are saying already," Youngbae agrees with Seungri's frustration.

 

"Has Jihye picked her phone?" I ask hyung. He is calling her since morning but she isn't picking up at all. He shakes his head as he dials for the nth time. "Eunjae is in the YG building earlier. She must have given that statement. She did say Jihye is okay but I doubt it." I mutter out loud.

 

"Is anyone here knows their house?" Daesung asks.

 

We all sigh because we don't know where they live at all. I didn't even catch Eunjae going out of the building to ask for their address. The club is close today since it’s a holiday. We didn't see them in the cafe where she is a regular either.

 

“I heard you and Kiko fought again. Are you okay now?” Hyung asks while he is busy dialing the phone again.

 

I heave a sigh and shake my head. Kiko is so pissed at me for lying to her about the freaking Ji dream. Now, that she knows, she is accusing me again of having a public affair while she is in Japan. Why would it be called an affair if I’m not hiding it? Anyway, I’m not having an affair. That night is fun and everyone is not thinking anything like that, maybe.

 

I’m not thinking anything like that too, am I? I groan in frustration and pull my hair while stomping my feet on the floor.

 

“He lost his mind,” I hear Seungri mumbles to Daesung.

 

“Yeah, he did,” the prick even agrees with maknae.

 

“Ah,” hyung utters in surprise, “Jihye sent me a message saying she is fine. She is just sleeping the whole day for her to recover lack of sleep. And there is no need for all of us to worry,” he reads the message aloud.

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

“Are you sure about this, Jihye?” Dahee asks. She is volunteering as my nurse for tonight.

 

“Yep, I will just be in the rest house in Jeju for a few days to relax and reflect on my actions,” I drawl which garner me a slap in the arm from Dahee.

 

“Stop acting like you are Haeri. As if she will reflect on her action, she always does that when she’s drunk and it’s like everybody knows that.” Dahee attests.

 

“Not everybody, Dahee,” I correct her; “people still believe her innocent act because there is no proof other than this time.”

 

She huffs and pouts. “We can come to you in Jeju. Why do you want to go alone?” She changes the topic.

 

I giggle and ruffle her hair. “Your schedule is different from mine. You are still studying Dahee on your last year together with Sumi and besides, even if you don’t have school yet, I do believe you have business meetings that I pass on to your schedule for my week long break.”

 

She sighs in defeat and plop her body on my bed. “It is a good thing reporters don’t know where we are living. It is peaceful even if the news is all over town.”

 

“I know right, but I do wonder on when till our house being secluded without reporters hanging outside the gate,” I spit out.

 

She groans in annoyance. “Ah! That would be chaotic.”

 

I laugh out loud at her reaction. “Aisht! I’m just foretelling. It’s not like it’s going to happen any time soon. Your head is really imagining up ahead as usual. Anyway, are you okay now?” I am gasping for air from so much laughing.

 

“Yeah, I just needed to unwind and drink to forget that bastard. Jihye,” she coos. I look at her inquiringly. “TOP is really cool. Don’t you think?”

 

My mouth wide open in surprise and giggle. “Define his coolness to me?”