If you

SHE

Chapter 62:

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

I twirl the wine in the glass as I stare at it through the light of the moon, shining in the sky. It is full moon tonight and a beautiful night but I can’t cherish it. My mind is elsewhere, floating in air.

 

“Do you really want to be alone?”

 

I sigh and close my eyes. “Ma, why are you here?”

 

“The girls called me and Eunjae is sorry for what she did, which I don’t know why she is sorry for it. I actually commend her courage to defy you.”

 

I push the wine bottle towards my mother. She is bringing a spare wine glass, telling me she is going nowhere until she says her piece. She pours the wine in her glass and fills it halfway. “I am not that much mad anymore to Eunjae. I know one way or another, those girls will give up on following my unfair commands. They are not like me.” I give my mother a meaningful glance before sipping on my glass.

 

Mother sips from her glass, contemplating on the answer she will give me. “Yeah, they are unfair but you are protecting your heart. Doesn’t mean I understand you that I am fine in what you are doing. Tell me,” mother turns her body towards me and looks at me, “are you even considering what Jiyong proposed to you?”

 

“I will not be at home and be alone, if I am not considering anything, ma,” I reply. “Do you think that everything will be fine?”

 

“Care to be specific, my dear daughter?”

 

“We know that even if I answer yes or no, to the proposition, chaos is already waiting.” I face my mother and smile sadly. “Whatever I come up with, are you going to support me?”

 

Mother puts down the glass, holds my hands and smiles warmly. “Of course, whatever it is. It’s just I want you to think things through and listen to this,” she points on her heart, “and think it carefully with this,” she points on her head. “I do believe that the heart and mind can come up with one decision in the end. I just don’t want you to regret anything in life.”

 

“Remember this, Jihye, even if the whole world condemns you, I won’t. You, my daughter, will always have me on your back even if I am the only one.”

 

“She’s not the only one, Jihye,” the girls shout in unison.

 

I look back then up. The girls are drinking too, except Sumi. I smile timidly and gestures for a toast in midair.

 

“What do you plan for Haeri?”

 

I turn back my attention to my mother. “I’m still thinking about it. Haeri may not be innocent when she stabbed me but she is innocent when it comes to my child.” Yes, I am still thinking about what to do with Haeri Shin. It’s not only her but the rest of the people who condemned me for who I am not. I need to be focus and strong when I decide on my answer.

 

Mother stands up and puts her hands on both my shoulders. “Just remember, whatever it is, I am in your back together with your father.” She kisses me on the head. “I better go and leave you to think about your whole situation.”

 

I nod my head. “I appreciate you sudden appearance, ma.”

 

“I love you, my dear daughter,” she speaks. She grabs her wine glass and gulps it in one go.

 

“I love you too, my dear mother.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

Will Jihye think about my offer?

 

“I’m sure, she will,” Top-hyung states.

 

I look at him in confusion.

 

“You did say it aloud,” Top-hyung­ remarks seriously. “Don’t worry about it. We are sure that Jihye will think about it.”

 

“I really hope she does because I’m not going to let her leave me again,” I state. “She will not do that right?”

 

“I do think that she can’t do that anymore. I’m sure the people are on the hunt of Jihye right now and it’s not easy to leave the country without getting noticed,” Youngbae says.

 

“Can I be excused? I better try sleeping rather than thinking about this whole situation.” I stand up with a sigh. Please, sleep come to me fast. I am sleepless for too many nights, so please rock me to sleep.

 

“Goodnight, Ji,” the boys respond.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

I sit at the side of my bed and open the drawer beside it. I look sadly at the blue velvet box inside. I have been gazing at this box for two years, reminiscing; every happy memory to keep her alive in my head. My computer is full of our photos and even the photos of the wedding magazine shoot we had. For the past two years I tried deleting or throwing things that will make me remember her but every time I try to do it, I end up chickening out and put them back in their places.

 

“Just this once, can you please tell her to choose to be by my side.” I have been wishing for this, every time I am being reminded of her. I want her to comeback. I want to be with her. I want her to be mine again. But those wishes failed to reach her. This time, just this once, I want her to accept my feelings and not drive me away again.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

“Have you decided?”

 

“Two bottles down and still no answer,” I reply to Eunjae.

 

“And you’re not drunk,” she states.

 

I nod my head in response. “I hate it when I don’t get drunk at all when I needed it the most.” I sigh exasperatedly.

 

“How about I give you a push? You still haven’t listen to this song or any of the newly release singles of the boys but I think this song is for you, Jihye.” Eunjae places down her iPod on the table. “It’s already on now playing. If this song doesn’t push any luck then I guess we know what your decision is.”

 

I stare at the iPod on the table. “Thanks,” I mutter and grab it.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

My tears don’t stop falling as I listen to the song. It has been the fifth time and yet, I’m still crying. The way he sings his part is full of grief and sadness. “If it’s not too late, can’t we get back together,” I utter. The flow of my tears just got heavier as I try to sing his part.

 

He is reaching to me through songs, just like how I do in my songs.

 

I grab my phone and dial my mother’s number. At the second ring, she answers my call. “Ma, I didn’t bother your sleep, am I?”

 

“No, you didn’t. I am still awake and having a chat with your papa. Why did you call? And did you cry?”

 

“I did cry because Eunjae made me listen to a particular song,”

 

“Is it ‘If you’?”

 

I chuckle at the irony. “Yeah, did you know about this song?”

 

“YG made me listen when they are done recording it but I didn’t tell you anything about it because you are coping up in France back then. I’m sorry if I…”

 

“It’s alright. I am glad you didn’t tell me anything about it or else, it wouldn’t have the impact right now. Anyway, I’ll send you my official statement. I’m not going to any interview and my statement will be the last public thing we will do.”

 

“Okay, does this mean that you have an answer?”

 

“It’s not clear but I think I have a tentative decision,” I reply honestly. “Anyway, I just called to say that. I will see you tomorrow afternoon and have dinner together with papa and you. Goodnight, ma and say my goodnight to papa.”

 

Mother chuckles. “Okay, I will tell him your goodnight.”

 

When I end the call, I stand up and go inside the house. I will just let the ahjumma’s to clean my mess in the morning. For now, I will write my statement and leave a message to him and then sleep.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Eunjae’s P.O.V

 

“This is the official statement that came from my client, Jihye Song, regarding about the issue of miscarriage,” the lawyer of the Song family says. The lawyer works in the law firm of Dahee’s family. “According to my client, she will not comment on anything that’s about the supposed miscarriage and she will take all the talks with Ms. Shin in private. Everything will be handled in private. But my client will not stay quiet anymore if the fans or admirers or anyone who posts anything that is degrading her being or being threatened, she will file complaints to teach those people a lesson not to judge a person they did not know anything about.”

 

“Sir, how about the relationship between her and Kwon Jiyong of Bigbang?”

 

“Just like everyone knows, my client and the said person are acquaintances and have known each other through the company president. That’s all I will state.”

 

“Why did you not address about your relationship to Jiyong?” I ask Jihye, who is fine, drinking coffee without headache with all the wine she gulped last night.

 

“Just like what the lawyer had said, every matter will be talked in private. I may be a public figure but that doesn’t mean that I don’t have the privilege to handle my life privately,” she replies then sips in her coffee.

 

“Have you reached a decision?”

 

Jihye puts down the cup on the table and sighs. “Yeah, Shin Haeri will not be punished for killing my baby. I may be too good to be true but I think Haeri finally grew up from all of her mistakes.”

 

Well yeah, I agree with Jihye but she’s being lenient on everything. Haeri took a life even if it was unintentional. “Whatever your decision even if I am not fine with it, I am going to support you,” I remark.

 

“I thank you for that,” Jihye responds warmly.

 

“Then, what will be your move with Jiyong?” I query, curious to know what decision she had come up. I just hope that she is going to try one more time for a second chance.

 

“I am…”

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

“GUYS!!!” I shriek.

 

The boys get out of their room in a hurry like a hurricane.

 

“Jihye, Jihye… Jihye…” I can’t finish my piece because of mix emotions.

 

“Jihye what!” Top-hyung grumbles in irritation.

 

  “She is willing to take the risk for me!!!”

 

The boys’ faces lighten up and they shout, “CONGRATULATIONS!”