Label

SHE

Chapter 22:

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

Walking towards the recording room is like walking to a thorny path where you know what will happen in there. I just wish that it is not so corny that she will like to puke all over him. I should have really agreed with Dahee’s warning about it. I think I will have an early signs of aging because of him. He’s stupid after all.

 

I open the door and sees him sitting in the chair, close eyes with an apparent frown, he must be thinking so deep. “You called for me?” I inquire cheerful.

 

He opens his eyes and sighs. “I’m really sorry about earlier. I did snap at you and you were scared, I saw that. You held into Top’s arm after all.”

 

I’m quite baffled by what he is hinting at. “You already apologize earlier. And about Top, he is my big brother and I’m his little sister and just like he told you earlier, we have been dating before you have shown interest in me.”

 

He shakes his head. “I know about that. I’m just over jealous earlier and a little riled up.”

 

I scoff at him. “A little riled up? It’s not a little, GD.” I cross my arms over my chest. “What are you really hinting then?” I inquire at him, quite accusing.

 

“Jihye, I don’t really understand what we are. I’m getting confused thinking what we really are to each other.” He utters in misery.

 

What are we? That is a question everyone is asking me since earlier. What is wrong with this day that everyone wants to put a label on our relationship? Even I don’t know what the label for our relationship is. How could I even answer them, when even I can’t come up with an answer?

 

“Does a label make a difference?” I ask seriously.

 

“I don’t know,” he shrugs still not looking at me.

 

“GD, I’ll ask again. Does a label make a difference?” I inquire quite stern, not trying to make it sound as annoyed as I am now.

 

“I don’t know,” he answers again.

 

I heave out a deep breath. “If you want to label the relationship go ahead, I don’t care but I’ll tell you that what we have now is not something worth over a simple label.” I walk towards him slowly. “I’ll better leave you now or we’ll just fight over something petty. I’ll meet with the girls in a bar, if you ever want to know.”

 

I kiss him in the forehead. I put my hands on his shoulders. “Relax a bit. I don’t care what we are. The important thing is we are happy.”

 

“Why do you always understand me?” he places his hands on top of mine.

 

I smile a real smile. “I just know.” And it is easy to understand your mind, it is so pretty simple, I thought. I didn’t bother to say that out loud or else he will whine about me treating him like a kid.

 

“Calm yourself a bit and have fun with the boys or find a girl who will like to have a label, just do what you want to do to relax.”

 

I walk out before he shouts at me for saying to find a new girl. He is really simple minded after all. I can read him like a book but not clearly all the time. I’m not a mind reader freak; I just know how to read expressions quite well.

 

The night with the girls is ostentatious and funny. They were dancing and drinking like it’s the last day of them meeting each other. It was entertaining to watch them get drunk and blubber everything about gossips and they will make fun of it and burst out laughing.

------------------------------------------------

 

I look at the news in the net. It was telling that we are bad influences to the 2ne1 girls. We were seen…well, I was seen dragging those girls out of the club drunken as hell and I’m the only one who is normal enough to drive.

 

I sigh. This would add to the haters about me and they will add more gossip about me not being a good thing for GD. Well, I really am not a good influence to him. I’m sure about that since I started this play with him.

 

“Argh! My head hurts,” Chaewon groans as she goes out of her room.

 

“Want some coffee?” I offer with a big smile.

 

“Stop smiling so brightly in the morning. Yes, I do love to have a coffee.” She mutters barely a whisper while rubbing her temples.

 

I chuckle but stand up to get her a cup of freshly brewed coffee. “Milk and no sugar, right,” I ask her loud without looking back.

 

“Yes, please,” she says softly again.

 

I look back and see her sitting in the couch but she is leaning back, her head rests on the headrest, eyes close and there is a frown on her face. I did warn them not to drink too much because this will happen, but they didn’t adhere to my warning at all.

 

“Here’s your coffee.” I smile and place down the cup on the table. “I cook some soup for your hangovers and I already prepared the medicine. You should really drink it.”

 

“Argh!” I hear another groan of pain. I giggle and hear the same complaint Chaewon said earlier. “I’ll wake the other two, so we can eat already.”

 

I open the door to Eunjae’s room and see her sleeping like she always did when they still live in the states. It is a good thing it’s not freaking winter or else she will get a cold. I kick her out of her bed and a loud thud is heard in her room.

 

“Jihye,” she exclaims angrily.

 

I chuckle then smile widely. “Dress up and get out. We are going to eat breakfast already.” I sigh while walking out of the room. “How should I wake Sumi?” Sumi is one girl who is so hard to wake up even if she’s not drunk but when she is, it will be like waking a stone. She won’t budge like a stone set on sleeping in one place.

 

Finally, after so many attempts, I even kick her out of bed but she just crawled back and wrapped her blanket around her but with Chaewon’s singing made her get up. Well, even I, who doesn’t even have a freaking hangover, am like I’m going to have one.

               

“Shall we eat and make your faces look better?” I inquire teasingly but they are not in the mood so they just make a slight nod of their head.

------------------------------------------------

 

“We are so sorry,” they bow at us, the moment we step foot on YG’s office. “We are very sorry, Jihye-ssi for causing trouble of driving us back home last night.”

 

I am quite surprise for this bowing like I’m someone who is a high ranking official in the early era but I smile at them. “It is alright. I’m responsible after all since the girls asked you to drink with them.”

 

“We are very sorry too,” Eunjae, Chaewon, Sumi and Dahee bow too.

 

“Jihye, I will like to talk to you,” YG says authoritatively.

 

I look at him dubiously then smile. “Arasso, there is no need for you to speak so sternly. Girls, will you leave us alone for a while?” I turn around and smile at them.

 

They smile awkwardly and nod their heads. They all left in a straight line, which is funny but that will be inappropriate for the atmosphere YG is giving.

 

I sit on the chair opposite him and smile. “Let’s start talking.”

 

He turns his laptop around and I see what I already see for the past few days. “Why didn’t you tell me anything about it? If I haven’t seen this, will you tell me?”

 

I gaze away and sigh then look straight back at him. “No, I will not tell since everything about there are just false rumours anyway.”

 

“Have you told Jiyong about this?”

 

I scoff. He raises his brow at me. “Why would I tell him? And just like I told you, they are not true.”

 

He sighs. “You really are a woman who doesn’t like help and tell problems to others. I should have thought you never did change at all.”

 

I smile warmly. “The girls know this but we are what we are, appa. We never like others barging in our own problems as much as possible. And we don’t like fighting back especially when it is not worth it.”

 

“Ji…”

 

I in and shake my head. “Let’s leave out GD out of this. He will just act irrationally over this petty thing.”

 

A knock on the door both startle us but I smile at our reaction. Talking about serious things is mind breaking and you never really notice your surroundings at all.

 

“Come in,” YG shouts not that loud.

 

GD peeks in. YG even give me a glance that only I had seen. “Can I borrow Jihye? She promised to have a date with me.”

 

“A date?” YG chimes and looks at me. I shrug my shoulders in response. “Sure, but don’t go to public places. I don’t want to deal with another issue.”

 

“Okay,” GD actions it with his hands.

 

I didn’t even promise that I will have a date with him. When did I even say that I will go with him in broad daylight? But I didn’t tell that to YG, I’ve been avoiding him since the issue of me two timing got out. But even if I avoid him, there are still the gossips about it. It never died.

 

“Kiko,” I mumble.

 

“What?” GD inquires, looking at me.

 

I shake my head. “It’s nothing. I’m just thinking about the album you and the girls are going to release.” I lie with a convincing smile. It’s not only Kiko who had a problem with me but also the fanatic girl, Shin Haeri, can be the culprit behind this or there are really people from the public who don’t like me hanging around their boys.

 

He hugs me, like per usual. “Why didn’t you tell YG that I just came up with the date thing?”

 

I hug him back and smile. “Why did you want me to tell him?” He shakes his head. “See, you are negating your own self.” I laugh. “Where are we going? Is this how you redeem yourself from yesterday?” I tease.

 

He gets stiff and didn’t try to hide it at all. “How can you read me so easily?”

 

I giggle and snuggle close to him. “I just do. Besides, where can we go? Everything in Seoul is a public place. Can we hide where we date?”

 

He shakes his whole body together with mine while he is laughing. “Not everything in Seoul is a public place.” He pulls us apart and looks at me with a smile. “We better ask Top-hyung and Dahee about their hideout when they are dating.” He suggests.

 

“Eh?” I am quite surprise about that. Well, I am the person who is suggesting those two where to go in a secret date since I’ve been an adventurer about hiding places since Eunjae and I had the same problems whenever we have two or more boyfriend at once. Well, now it is only Eunjae since I can’t go anywhere without the mocking eyes of the public.

 

Should I tell him that I know where they are hanging out?

 

“What’s wrong? Is it not okay?” he asks a little confuse.

 

Ani (No),” I shake my head. “Shall we ask them?” I inquire.

 

He smiles and nods. He tangles our hands together and we walk like it is the normal thing for us. Ah! I guess it is the normal thing for us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

I hope you love or like it!

Please, leave a comment!

~authornim