Attendance

SHE

Chapter 48:

 

Jihye's P.O.V

 

I look at myself for the last time and prepare myself for the nonstop flashing of cameras. It has been a while since I go into any runway shows and my nervousness is making me paler even if I am wearing makeup. I sigh and turn my head from side to side. "This will do," I utter.

 

I walk away from the mirror, grabbing my coat and bag on the way out. The coat and bag is my statement pieces for my designer friend show.

               

I answer my ringing phone when I'm already in the car. Mind you, I am not driving.

 

"Cherie, are you on the way to the show?" Jiyong says on the other line.

 

"Yep," I pop the 'p' on the word and look at the buzzing city. It is always like this whenever fashion week starts. It is always traffic here and there because of people running to go to the next show to make it in time.

 

"I'll see you at the venue."

 

I chuckle as I end the call. As if I will have the same sit as his. I may be even at the other side of the runway. "Can I make it in time?" I ask the driver as I glance at the forming traffic in front of us.

 

"Yes, Ms. Song," the driver assures me with a warm smile.

 

"That's good to hear," I reply, "I don't want to be late or even fashionably late even. I don't want to be in the tabloid saying I was late for the fashion show of my friend."

 

The driver smiles again and nods his head in understanding. "I assure Ms. Song that you will not be late."

 

"That's a bit assuring but I will not be settled until I am in front of the door for the venue," I reply.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Flashes of cameras blinded me as I walk through the entrance of the venue for the Chanel fashion show. Yes, I am going to the one be only best ever fashion designer friend and I will be killed if I didn't show up.

 

"Anna smile here," a photographer calls.

 

I force myself to turn my attention to everyone who is calling me, Anna, and it to know that they are all calling me with the name I have been using in her modeling career.

 

After a few more shot, I walk away from the irritating photographers yelling my other name. It is a good thing I am a little bit later than anyone. I only have five minutes before run time.

 

"Ms. Song," a coordinator shrieks my surname.

 

I look back and smile at her. "Yes?" I inquire charmingly.

 

"Ah...ah...," she stutters and blushes.

 

I want to stifle a laugh but the shy demeanor of the coordinator makes me stop from teasing her. "Are you going to assist me to my seat?"

 

"Yes, Ms. Song, it's this way," the coordinator gathers her confidence back and ushers me to my seat.

               

I really want to laugh at the irony of things happening in here. The shocked face of my boyfriend as he sees me being seated, at the opposite side to where he is, is priceless. Well, at least, we are not going to be gossiped seeing the fashion show together since I came in late and he came in early. But I wave my hand slightly to him and smile.

 

Jiyong pouts but waves back to me, a little bit reluctant too. "Not fair," he mouths to me.

 

I shrug and smirk at him.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

I thought that people will not link us anymore since we are not seated together in the show but the great imaginations of the fans stitch everything to make the show a rendezvous in Paris.

 

"What are you looking at?" Jiyong inquires, wearing a robe and drying his hair as he gets out of the bathroom. He smirks and runs his eyes all over my body. "I like seeing you wear my clothes but they look ier to you."

 

I glance at my outfit. Well, I'm wearing his shirt not an oversize one since my boyfriend is a bit skinny than his friends and a pair of shorts, which is mine. "Jiyong, you had your fill last night because you are throwing tantrums like a one year old kid about me being a bit touchy to my male model friends. It is not like I will talk to them one meter away." I roll my eyes at his incredulous mess.

 

"That's not touchy. They are literary all over you," Jiyong exclaims, annoyed at no one but my friends.

 

"Friends," I quote, "I am a model and I am not flirting with them and we are not in Korea. People in my industry especially in here are very touchy without malice." I point out challengingly. "It's not like I am going to have with them."

 

Jiyong smirk at me. "But we did make love," he reminds me of what happened last night in this hotel room.

 

Damn it! I shouldn't have done that. Restrain should be my number one law from now on. But damn! Last night is a bit tiring that we ended up waking late. "You should go out now and for me to silently go back to my own hotel room in another hotel, Cheri,” I change the subject since I am not really that much comfortable talking about .

 

"Can you not stay in here? I'm still going to another show today but I'll be back." Jiyong looks at me pleadingly.

 

"Nope," I state stern, "I have a meeting with a female," I put stress on it, "model. We are going to hang out but I can accommodate you tomorrow morning before you fly back. Let’s have a date away from the prying eyes of people." I wink.

 

Jiyong chuckles and nods his head. "I like that idea," he muses in delight. "I'll get ready to go out. Wait for a little bit," he mutters as he goes out of the room. He is going to his stylist room and get ready for the camera.

 

“Hey Ji, can I get a kiss before they do some magic on you?” I pout for the appealing factor. Well, he can never resist that.

 

Jiyong chuckles and gladly walk towards me and gives me a kiss. “Will that be all, princess?”

 

I smile. “Yes, that will be all. You’re dismissed.”

 

I sigh as soon as I’m alone in the room. The view from his room is much more beautiful than mine. Well, I am not after the view since I have seen almost everything to see in Paris. I grab the newspaper hidden under my tablet, as I read the headline for one specific place in it.

 

‘Anna Song graces the Chanel fashion show with her presence as she attends after having been missing in action for consecutive years.’

 

“MIA? What do they think of me, an undercover agent?” I scoff in annoyance and they even use my old name for freaking insanity. Why would they used it when I specifically told my agents and the previous magazines who I had done shoots with that my name is Jihye Song, for freaking insanity.

 

How much more time do I have before I explain everything to Jiyong? And this is the only decent news they have with my name on it. Every tabloid ransacks their filing cabinets on my old habits and they think I’m just here to mingle and get laid. Well, I did get laid with my boyfriend and that doesn’t count on their accusation with me.

 

“Jihye,” Mr. Kim calls as quiet as a cat, “Jiyong and the team will now go and we didn’t allow him to go back in here. I’m sorry about that.”

 

I giggle at his polite sorry and I know how hard it may have been to stop my bullied boyfriend to not come here. “Is it Sajangnim’s order?”

 

Mr. Kim nods his head a little shy. “He called earlier and said that he had read some unnerving posts on the internet and wants you and Jiyong to lie low a bit.”

 

Arasso, Mr. Kim. I will leave it in your hands and I will not meet Jiyong any time of the day today but please send Jiyong to this restaurant tomorrow morning at 9 in the morning.” I stand up and give the card of the restaurant I am talking about. “That’s a secluded restaurant and we will be not seen that much around that area since the surrounding area is private and the restaurant is in the heart of a garden and the entrance is a bit far from the restaurant and garden itself.” I explain to assure Mr. Kim that there will not be a single shot of me and Jiyong in the restaurant tomorrow.

 

Mr. Kim laughs softly and nods his head again. “I will leave you now and I have already told the guards to accompany you in the back door to not get rammed by photographers.”

 

“Thanks Mr. Kim.” I wave and bid farewell with a warm smile.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Why the hell are we drinking in a restaurant?”

 

I almost roll my eyes at the way my friend reacts to a fives star restaurant. “Drinking at a bar is out of my schedule, Cara,” I inform her. I need to be careful in my every move even in Paris. One wrong move and the watchful eyes will interpret it as me being back to the way I was. Korea and Paris look at me the same way but with a different issue at hand.

 

“I have read about a few of those ing news. Those tabloids are not one bit on point to what you are now but Jihye, I have read this one news that you are dating a Korean singer, is that true?”

 

I glance back with a raise of my brow. “Where did you ing read that?”

 

“Ooh! Defensive much babe,” Cara teases and wiggles her brows at me, suggestively.

 

I chuckle and raise a challenging brow at her. “We’ll talk over dinner and some wine and cocktails.” I grab her hand and drag her inside the restaurant.

 

“Let’s talk about Haeri Shin too. I kind of felt the hatred from her to you at the after party.”

 

I sigh and nodded. “You will not let it go if I don’t say it anyway.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Argh,” I groan in pain as I feel that my head is aching so much. I had too much alcohol last night and now my head is like breaking in two. Should I cancel my date? I don’t think I can even get up from the bed. I even sleep on my hotel rather than his.

 

“Just like I thought, you are going to have a splitting headache.”

 

I instantly sit up from the bed and look at the speakers face. “Jiyong!” I say in surprise. “What are you doing here in my room?” He is sitting comfortably in the chair with one hand holding his coffee cup.

 

“Your friend called me last night with your phone drunk and said that she will kill me if I hurt you,” he said amused. He stands up and sits in the bed beside me. “Do you want something? I can ask for room service.” He hovers me, worry all over his face.

 

I smile and tap the bed, telling him to lie beside me. “I just want to rest. Can we just have our date in here? We’ll call room service after my sleep with you.” I wrap my arms around his neck and snuggle in the crook of his neck dragging him down the bed.

 

He laughs and places a kiss on top of my head before saying, “Goodnight, my love.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Thank you for reading!

I hope you like it!

Upvote!

Comment!

Subscribe!

-authornim