Flowers

SHE

Chapter 15:

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

I look at the house near the beach but miles away from the rest house of us girls. It has been a while since I stop by here. Is it two or three years? Or is it long as the day I lost him? I sigh and gaze at the beautiful house in front of me.

 

I miss you so much, the best ever best friend I got in the world and the best but I can’t assure you that you will stay as the best boyfriend since you said that I will find someone who will give me more than you can ever give. I miss you so much that at this time of the month and day, the only reminder of me about you leaving in this world happy.

 

A smile comes out from my lips when a white butterfly snatches a peck on my cheek. “You really do like giving chaste kisses,” I mutter warmly. “But a white butterfly, really? You are never that pure to begin with, my bud.” I jest to the wind blowing so gently to me.

 

Eunjae, your little sister, asks me earlier if it still hurt. I can’t answer but I bet you she saw me having a smile as an answer. I’m not like before and you know that, the naïve and impulsive Jihye you know have matured well into a fine lady.

 

The question in my mind right now, is he the person you chose for me? But my answer will be I don’t want an answer because things are exciting when you know nothing of it. New experiences await for me then and you know how I love adventures, my bud.

 

I know you are watching me up there while smiling and frowning in whatever right or super duper wrong decision I’m taking especially the latter. You will just laugh at me whenever I take on the wrong one, you stupid idiot.

 

I giggle like an idiot. I better go or I will be killed by the girls if I’m late for our video call. “Bye, Grey,” I whisper then turn back and walks towards my car.

               

The house is silent, that only means they have left already. I have taken long to comeback and bid them goodbye but she did left a note to let them know she has went out. I enter the house and see it empty. I go straight to the dining room to check if they had their breakfast.

 

And they did, wash the dishes and clean the dining table too. Wow! They are efficient as always.

 

“How’s the visit?” Eunjae asks while the girls are still busy on what they are doing and she’s alone in the kitchen.

 

“It went fine. I brought him, his favorite potted plant.” I reply cooking to fend for myself.

 

“Did you go inside the house?” She asks again while stirring the dish she is cooking. Eunjae, Dahee and I are the only one who can cook in our house. So, we can never leave the two girls alone or they will live eating outside or takeouts, if we leave them to fend for their selves.

 

I look at her and force a smile then shake my head. “Memories are the scariest things for me.” I shudder. “I’m not yet ready to reminisce those freaking past.” Then I grin at her.

 

Eunjae laughs heartily. “Sure do, even I hate reminiscing freaking memories of the past,” she expresses.

 

“Your meaning of past is way recent than mine, my dear Eunjae,” I jest at her.

 

She chuckles. “Sure do. I feel like forgetting the past when I have bad for the night,” she mutters imperturbably.

 

My mouth agape in astonishment on how she can say thing so casually like it is the usual conversation. “Yah! What will you do if those freaking pure girls hear you?” I grumble at her.

 

She waves me off and smiles slyly. “Mianhe (Sorry), I’ll better be careful then,” she says phony but not the irritating one. Actually, it is really the funny one because she is grinning like a fool to me.

 

“Jihye,” I hear the girls call my name.

 

“Hey,” I reply while waving my hand to the screen. “How’s your day so far?” I inquire but I’m not looking at them anymore, I’m busy getting a serving from the dish I made.

 

And now that I’m alone, I sit in one of the barstools and munch on the food place in the countertop. This is how I usually eat when I’m alone while talking to the girls but since I have visitors for the past few days; the dining table is put into good use.

 

I stretch my hands and breathing the air of the busy Seoul. I’m back from my vacation from Jeju and things have quiet down already because another big issue came out aside from mine, much bigger I tell you.

 

I wear my sunglass, the sun is bright to my liking and I’m walking to my favorite café in town, the quiet and serene café of my friend Woobin. As I enter the café, it is not serene as I picture it anymore. There are so many squealing and giddy girls in front of the counter as they ask Woobin on what their idol is ordering in here.

 

“Ah! Jihye-unnie, I’m sorry for not noticing you fast enough. Are you here for a while now?” She asks me frantic for the first time.

 

I shake my head and lean down, “what is happening here,” I whisper to her hear.

 

“Since Bigbang has been spotted here, the store became a hot topic and their fans came ordering the same thing that the boys are getting,” she explains in a soft tone.

 

I scratch my nape and is about to go home. “Ah! There’s a certain person wants us to give this to you when you come. It is a good thing you came when the person drops it early today.” She walks back around the counter and bend down to get something.

 

I look at her inquiringly as to what is that thing she is holding. She gives it to me and I accept instinctively. It is a bouquet of pink roses, a dozen or two I guess. “Who gave you this?” I ask her.

 

She points on the flowers and my gaze lands on it seeing a card is stuck in it. I am about to pick it out but she stops me. “You better do it in the car,” she utters placing my hand on my side. “Oh and this one is for Dahee.” She gives me a little box of Dahee’s favorite cake shop in Seoul.

 

“Don’t tell me it’s from them?” I inquire not saying anyone’s name.

 

She nods guiltily. “And Woobin-oppa told him your favorite flower not me, arasso?” She smiles cunningly to me.

 

I laugh softly and nod in response. “I’ll be out since I hate noisy places the most. Please do warn your lover not to tell our address or else I will kill him.” I say smiling but seriously.

 

She nods in understanding and waves me goodbye.

 

“What happened? I thought you are going to be in Woobin’s coffee shop.” Eunjae inquires when I set foot in the front door. She then stops and look at the flower and box in my hands.

 

“Don’t ask about it.” I tell her.

 

“Did he give that to you?” She asks walking back inside the living room.

 

“He did but the box is for Dahee given by another man.” I state placing the flower and box on the counter top. “Dahee, I have a gift for you from someone not me.” I shout.

 

She peeks at the sliding door that will lead to the garden. “Who is it from?” She inquires.

 

“From your TOP-oppa,” Eunjae chimes like a kid teasing. I look at her in disbelief and she just rolls her eyes and smirk at me.

 

Dahee glares and hisses at her but she just shrugs it off. “Wow! It is my favorite cream puffs, is it?” She asks her eyes twinkling in giddiness. She may be glaring and hissing at Eunjae but her giddy eyes say otherwise.

 

“I think it is and it’s really from Big Seunghyun. Enjoy it.” I say and usher her to grab the box and tell her to share. She nods in response and sits beside Eunjae as she offers it to her.

 

“The flowers are for you, right? Is it from Big Seunghyun too?” Dahee asks.

 

Eunjae scoffs and smirks. “It’s from another oppa,” she gibes.

 

I raise a brow at her but didn’t counter back. I just put the flowers on the vase with water and put it on the dining table and grab a puff in the box and sit on the single couch watching an ‘I-don’t know-show’ since I don’t watch television that much.

 

“Hey, who bought flowers?” Chaewon asks when we are having our dinner already.

 

“Jiyong gave it to our dear queen,” Eunjae teases again while smirking at me.

 

“Oh please, not you too,” I say to Chaewon whose eyes are twinkling meaningfully to me.

 

“Captivating my dear Jiyong, really,” she utters incredulously.

 

I raise my hand for her to stop, she did but she is smirking still. I gaze at the roses then shake my head. “Who will be the manager for tonight?” I change the topic.

 

They exchange glances and points at Chaewon. She even points at herself then we all start laughing at her action. I miss this. The feeling will be better when we are whole rather than vacationing alone. That’s why we try to spend our vacation whole rather than being incomplete. It is way more fun, I assure you.

 

“I have to go, okay? I need to meet my new boy toy tonight.” Eunjae says as she wipes with the table napkin then kisses us in our cheeks.

 

“I do hope he’s good,” I express mischievously.

 

She looks back and winks at me. “He is, my dear. He sure is, tried and tested.” She replies naughtily.

 

I cover my face with my hand laughing and Chaewon is holding her stomach from too much giggling while the two other girls didn’t get what we are talking about. Sumi is nagging Chaewon what is it all about but Dahee looks at me but hesitant to ask.

 

I am lying in my bed when Dahee peeks to my room. “Come in,” I usher and stand up.

 

“You don’t need to stand.” She utters raising her hand.

 

“Ani,” I shake my head, “Shall we seat inside,” I point at the side table where I usually talks to them, one on one, “or shall we go talk outside?” I point in the balcony where I can talk to all of them with the big marble table that can accommodate us.

 

“Inside will be fine,” she says softly.

 

I nod in response. And I sure do know what we are going to talk about. This is surely about him, definitely about him.

 

"Do you want some coffee, tea, water or an alcoholic drink?" I ask walking towards the bar where all the things I told her are there.

 

"I'm not underage but water please. I still have lessons tomorrow." She says smiling.

 

I nod grab two glass and pour water on them then place them down on the table and sit. "So what are we going to talk about?" I act like I don't know about it.

 

She glances at me then looks down shyly. I try to stop myself from smiling or giggling to keep myself composed in front of Dahee. "Uhmm..." she mumbles while fidgeting.

 

"Is it about Big Seunghyun then?" I ask straightforward because that's me. She looks up embarrassed but nods slightly. "What about Big Seunghyun then?"

 

"I kind of like him," she mumbles again but I heard her quite clearly.

 

I'm not quite shock like the last time she spouted the topic about Big Seunghyun. I'm much more prepared now about this topic and I'm waiting for her to talk about the progress quite a bit since Dahee is one sweet girl who falls in love like crazy fast.

 

I propped up my arms and laced my fingers. "So," I utter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

I hope you love or like it!

Please, leave a comment!

~authornim

Kamsahamnida!