Rest

SHE

Chapter 12:

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

                Walking in the beach while staring at the beautiful sunset is so relaxing, you can’t get enough of it. It is the time of the year where people like to ski rather than to swim. Well, yeah, it is freaking winter who would want to swim in this freaking cold night. Anyway, this suits me best, Jeju and me being alone is so freaking relaxing.

 

No noisy and rambling television about me, being linked to freaking Jiyong.  Well, I do have television in the rest house but I do not watch entertainment or news channels in the first place. Anyway, the girls are still bothering me every night by calling, chatting or video chatting with me. They seem to think I will get suicide. Duh! I’m just freaking enjoying my week break out of the city.

 

I probably should head back to the house before it turns dark. I don’t want to walk alone in here and then something bad may happen. Spooky isn’t it. I pivot back to the direction of the house.

 

It is so nice too inside the house with the hearth warming the whole house for me and falling snow outside makes good scenery for any Korean dramas, don’t you think? My hair is growing back quicker than expected as I see it in the glass window. Should I cut it? Nah! I will grow it already. Short hair for two years already.

 

Oh! There are people in the neighbor’s house tonight? The lights are on after all. Well, they make like the peacefulness of the place too, just like me. I walk to the kitchen to grab something to eat. As I rummage through the refrigerator. There’s not much cook dishes for me. The caretaker must have thought I will cook for myself. The content of the fridge are all raw materials.

 

“Might as well cook for myself tonight and for tomorrow’s lunch,” I mumble to myself while grabbing the ingredients I needed for my dinner.

 

After the warm bath dressed now in simple oversized peach pullover and shorts that is being hidden by the big sized pullover I’m wearing and my hair tied, I open the light to the porch and sit on the swing bench holding a glass of red wine.

 

“It’s been a while since I had time to relax,” I utter as I stretch my free hands; the glass is placed in the small table in front of me. “What should I do tomorrow?” I chime while tapping my finger in my lips.

 

My hand is reaching for the glass when I hear a voice, “Noona.”

 

I look towards the voice direction, my hand halt from touching the glass which is an inch away, my eyes wide from astonishment and my mouth a little agape from what I’m seeing right now. Then things go into motion, my hand knocks the glass down and the sleeve of my pullover drench in wine.

 

“Ah,” I stand up yelling. I click my tongue in annoyance. “Yah! Seungri, don’t startle people.” I whine while twisting the wet part of my clothes.

 

“Jihye,” they all shout in surprise as they see me. “What are you doing here?” They yell again.

 

I rubbed my temples with my left hand, the dry and clean one. “Yoh,” I greet then smile. They all fall down and laugh like lunatics. Is this some kind of comedy skit or something?

 

After a while, “are you done laughing,” I ask them.

 

“What are you doing here?” TOP-oppa asks. What is this a conversation over a balcony? I thought those only happen in movies. You know where people talk in balcony when they see each other for a long time. Oh! Such a touching story but this is no time for talking, this is time for changing clothes.

 

“I really don’t like shouting back over the balcony, guys.” I joke winking at them. “But, can I excuse myself to change my clothes first? Hmm… How about I offer my house to talk more privately?” I suggest.

 

“That will be great.” They agree nodding their head.

 

Noona, do you have food in there?” Seungri asks looking pitifully hungry.

 

I chuckle and nod my head. “Come here and I will serve you dinner.” It’s a good thing I cook plenty. Well, that is my food for tomorrow but I’m not that stingy when it comes to anything especially food. I just hope they don’t eat that much because it will not be enough for them.

 

Dressed in a more conservative outfit, a black pants and a cardigan over a simple shirt, I walk down from my room and sees them sitting in the couch near the hearth. “I thought you are all hungry,” they all jumped from surprise, I smile and shake my head, “the table is prepared and so is the food. What are you waiting for?”

 

“We are waiting for you,” Seungri points at me.

 

I point to myself and they nod in response. “I’m done eating. You do know it is past 9 in the evening already for me to eat dinner. Anyway, I shall join you and eat a slice of cake for you not to feel guilty about eating in someone else home.”

 

I should have guess that we will not eat in silence because of Seungri’s musings and everything. It is quite lively after all. Most of the time, they smack maknae’s head when he blurts something inappropriate or something embarrassing. I am laughing nonstop because they can’t stop his mouth at all.

 

“Sorry about that,” Jiyong says as he walk to me.

 

“Is this about Seungri?” I inquire.

 

He shakes his head. “About the issue going around,” he tells.

 

I gaze at him then look away. "It's not a problem," I assure him and go back to washing the dishes. Is it really not a problem? Well, I don’t dwell on something happened in the past already. "Would you like some tea or coffee?" I ask the guys wiping my hands to the kitchen towel.

 

"Coffee," they all respond raising their hands.

 

He grabs my arm. I gasp in pain my eyes wide but then back to normal before the boys turn their head to my direction. "GD, you might not want to grab so hard. I still feel pain from last night," I tell him smiling.

 

He let go like my arm is on fire. I chuckle and tap his cheek. "I'm alright, not that much hurting but you grab so tightly." I assure him and walk towards the percolator to brew some coffee.

 

"Anyway, why are you guys here?" I ask them leaning on the countertop.

 

"Hyung, why are you following her around?" Seungri implies looking at the two of us meaningfully.

 

I leaned my head in his shoulder and smile at Seungri. "We look good together, right?" I joke and wink at the same time. They gave us thumbs up. I laugh out loud shaking my head.

 

I grab the tray with the prepared coffee cups for all of them. I don't want coffee. I'm not the type of person who drinks coffee after drinking wine or any alcoholic drink. I fill their cups with coffee. "GD, grab the tray with cream and sugar," I order.

 

I place down the tray and they grab their own cup. "Why are you here?" I am asking this for the nth time and every time I inquire they will point something out.

 

"Oh! Our boss told us to get out of the city to unwind for the meantime." Youngbae speaks smiling at me.

 

I nod my head and grab my cup filled with cold water and sip it holding with two hands.

 

"What are you doing here?" TOP-oppa asks wiggling his brows at me.

 

I chuckle and smile. "Unwinding too, but I'm enjoying my break for the week," I answer truthfully.

 

"So you are going to sleep alone in here?" They all ask at the same time. I stare at them astounded but nod my head in response. "Sleepover!" They shout.

 

Tell me Lord, what did I do wrong to be in this predicament? Why am I being cornered without even having the chance to retaliate? Aisht! I just hope that reporters are all in the city waiting for the scoop of their lifetime.

 

"This is the biggest bedroom in the rest house," I utter while pointing on the room. This really is the biggest in the house, a cream colored room with two double deck beds for adults and one single bed in the middle of the double deck. I thank the ajummas for cleaning and putting sheets and pillows for the room and we don’t have to make the bed tonight.

 

It is used by us when we want to sleep in one room but when we don't there are three rooms in the house. Two of the rooms have two twin size bed, a little hotel style with its chic cream color, the bathroom in all rooms are a little big than usual with a bathtub and shower.

 

The last room is for me, since I always like to sleep alone. The room has a queen size bed, a little modern with the colors black and white as my choice from the bed, bathroom and furniture inside it.

 

All rooms have sliding doors, glass doors as I call it because everything is glass except for its frames, and a balcony for the trip of smelling fresh air when you want too.

 

"I suggest TOP-oppa to take the single bed. I don't know if those double decks can fit and hold out for you." I tease.

 

"I agree to that. I'm worried myself too." He winks at me.

 

"Anyway, since, you didn't even give me a chance to decline the sleepover and it's already past midnight and I'm sleepy. I'll call this a night. Have sweet dreams guys." I mumble while yawning. I kiss them in the cheeks while mumbling goodnight to them.

 

Only Oppa gives me a kiss on the forehead. "Sleep well, little girl," he coos.

 

I glare at him but it is not that affecting much because my eyes are getting droopy already. "Night," I wave my hand and walk to my room.

 

I wake up sleeping face flat again because of my sore back. I look at the watch and it’s five in the morning and it is freaking cold again. “Jogging time,” I chime while stretching out.

 

Cold wind hitting my face as I run along the beach shore, as always there is no people jogging at this cold weather here in Jeju, peace for me then.

 

“Jihye,” someone calls.

 

Okay, scratch that peace for me line. This is not peaceful anymore. “GD, you’re up early,” I utter surprisingly.

 

“I do jog around this time,” he answers to me. “But, you do start early in this freaking cold weather?” He expresses astonished.

 

“I’m used to waking up this early anyway. Anyway, are you and Kiko okay already?” I inquire pryingly. He sighs and shakes his head. “Is it because of my name?” I ask as we continue to jog the way to nowhere in particular.

 

He scratches his head and sighs again. “She is now accusing me of an affair with you,” he admits.

 

“An affair?” I scoff then laugh hysterically still running though. I pinch his cheeks and pull it for a wide awkward smile. “I really do believe your girlfriend is freaking stupid,” I comment while giggling. “Oh my gosh! My stomach hurts.” I utter and still couldn’t help but laugh.

 

“I notice that all of you have carefree attitudes, you and your friends,” he blurts out gazing at me.

 

I stare back and reply, “It’s not that we are carefree at all. We just want to enjoy more rather than wallow or get angry for nothing. Well, as long as you don’t hurt one of us, we will not get mad like what happened when Kiko put me to my wits end.”

 

“Chaewon did point out that Kiko was apologizing insincerely. Have you noticed that too?”

 

So, the girls notice it too? I thought I am the only one who found her sorry a deceitful one. They are getting more attentive now, huh. “Really?” It is all I mutter and continue to jog until we decide to turn back because we’ve run so far from the house.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

I hope you love or like it!

Please, leave a comment.

-authornim~