Rumor has it

SHE

Chapter 40:

 

Jiyong's P.O.V

 

I am waiting for her in the car as I pick her up from the club. It's been a while since we have our time together since she's been busy and I have been really busy with handling my scandals and recordings at the same time, which the latest scandal took the life out of me because Jihye ignores me for ing days and that made me lose focus, most of the time.

 

A smile creep to my face when I saw her coming out from the club but my smile drops instantly when Kiko is walking behind her.

 

Okay, so what's happening here? I am totally confused right now. I don't even understand what is happening and my brain is in panic mode. This is going to be awkward as hell and I don’t even understand why Kiko is trailing behind Jihye and my girlfriend doesn’t mind at all.

 

I see them talking so seriously about something like they are arguing about something serious. Now, that’s a normal reaction but Jihye looks amused to me while Kiko looks annoyed as hell.

 

Jihye opens the door on the back side and pushes Kiko in.

 

Kiko looks at me and there's this awkwardness surrounding us.

 

Jihye hops in the passenger seat and smiles contently. "We'll drop Kiko in W hotel, Jiyong," Jihye says calling my name. Oh! Jihye is being civil about this situation. Uhm, where the hell is my freaking girlfriend who is not in good terms with my ex-girlfriend here? Should I get worried now?

 

But I still drive away from the club into the hotel of Kiko. Jihye is the boss and I can’t say no to her and be rude to Kiko. I am still a gentleman even if I'm rude to her the other day, which is so petty of me but I’m not in the mood that day because I still haven’t met Jihye for few days. Such petty reasons Kwon Jiyong, I thought.

 

"I told you he will not be happy about it. And do you know how awkward it is?" Kiko says to Jihye.

 

Jihye waves her hand, slapping Kiko's complains away. "You are my responsibility since I'm the one at fault for you having that chap on your lips."

 

My eyes widen in alarm. Did Jihye beat the hell out of Kiko? Now, that is so alarming. Did she get mad at her and now she’s making it up to Kiko? Jihye giggles.

 

I turn my attention to her only to see her smiling at me. "It's not what you are thinking. I didn't beat the crap out of her. I just saw some goons ganging up on her and I came kind of too late," Jihye explains with a smile.

 

"I told you I'm not your responsibility," Kiko grumbles and pouts at Jihye. Okay, this is weird. Kiko is grumbling and pouting like a little kid. She must be totally drunk to act like this even in front of her sworn nemesis.

 

"Arasso, arasso," Jihye replies comically.

 

"Hey!" Kiko complains again. "Take me seriously,” she remarks annoyed.

 

"I'm taking you seriously," Jihye replies smiling.

 

"Stop the car on the side," Kiko says to me. I did as I was told. She opens her door and hops out of the car. She fidgets as she looks at me and Jihye. "Uhmm," she stutters.

 

"You're welcome," Jihye tells Kiko without waiting for Kiko to open and says something.

 

I see Kiko smiles before she walks inside her hotel lobby.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

When we are already alone, I stop the car at the side again and face Jihye. "Cherie, what was that?" I inquire in confusion and curiosity.

 

Jihye turns to her side to look at me and smiles. "I see her being gang upon the bar and I just save her , that's all," she explains curtly.

 

I frown at her short explanation. She chuckles and flattens the creases on my forehead. She cups my cheeks. "Kiko is still a girl and I can't leave a girl to tend for on her own when she's drunk."

 

I smile warmly at her. "That's why I love you." I kiss her on the lips, quite deeply and she wraps her arms around my neck as she kisses me back.

 

She pulls away and smiles coyly after a while. "You don't want us to be reported kissing in the car, right? That will be epic and distasteful of us," Jihye teases.

 

I chuckle and nod my head in response. I drive away again.

 

"Where are we going anyway?" Jihye asks me curiously.

 

"Hmmm," I muse.

 

"Yah!" She exclaims and slaps my shoulder lightly in defense. "If you won't say it, I will get mad at you for real," she warns.

 

I pout and put on a sad face. "I want it to be a surprise since I'm going away again," I say sadly.

 

Jihye laughs softly and looks at me. "Aigoo," she utters, "you do know your pout and aegyo are my weakness. Arasso," she nods her head, "just drive while I sleep."

 

I smile victoriously. Sometimes, I feel like winning a competition whenever I win over some argument over Jihye. This girl is really my vitamin.

 

I am kicked out of the company building by sajangnim because my mind is flying elsewhere and I can't concentrate at all. That's why she's always around the studio when I do recordings. She's my peace of mind.

------------------------------------------------

 

Kiko’s P.O.V

 

I sit at the side of my bed as I look at my reflection on the glass window of my room. I am now totally confused on what’s happening with me. The last time I want to ruin her because of some news that Jihye had been seen dining with a man and that man came to be the fiancé of her friend.

 

And now, I’m thinking twice if she’s really cruel as to what I think she is. “She even tends to my bruises,” I utter as I touch my cheek.

 

“What are you really, Jihye? Are you really kind or wicked?” I say out loud again. I am really getting confused because Shin Haeri told me that Jihye is a and cruel and she always snatches boyfriend of others with her beauty.

 

Then, I have to see for myself.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

Why am I sitting in this chair and in front of me is the stoic Yang Hyun-suk? Did I do something wrong again?

 

Appa throws me papers and photos of me with Kiko walking out of the club and we look like we are fighting. Ah yeah, we may be bickering about her going into the car. And so, what is the problem with it?

 

“And,” I inquire, asking for an elaboration.

 

“Have you even read the caption above it?” Appa says sternly.

 

Uh-oh! He’s seething mad at me and it’s not the time to be acting sassy to him. I roam my eyes up and see what he is talking about.

 

Jihye Song attacking Kiko Mizuhara for seeing G-dragon.

 

My mouth agape then it turns into a smile then it becomes guffaws. I really can’t believe this. What do they think of me? Do I look like a melodramatic teen that will crush my rival in love just because she damn goes to his building?

 

“Jihye, this is not a laughing matter. You have been on the news lately and you’re getting more and more hate from his fans, do you know that?” YG-appa says concerned.

 

I stop my laughing fits and smile at him, lovingly. “Appa, it’s not really what happened. I just drove her off into her hotel since she’s tipsy and we are just bickering over something petty,” I explain seriously.

 

“Do they really not get into you? They are calling you names for ing sake,” YG-appa exclaims frustrated.

 

I will just act like he didn’t say the ing word in front of me. “They just believe the malign information rather from the truth and even if we do speak the truth they will just believe what they heard first rather than the explanation of the other party,” I remark nonchalantly.

 

“Jihye,” he drawls, “are you really not bothered by it?”

 

I think about it for a second and sigh. “I will not deny it’s bothering me but it’s something that I had to endure. Being with the leader of Bigbang has lots of clauses clinging to him,” I answer honestly.

 

Appa frowns and sighs in defeat. There is nothing I or him could do. Dating a Korean idol is like dating his whole fan base and you only have to stay quiet and strong for all the things they throw at you, even if they are hurtful than they have intended.

 

“Anyway,” he breaks the silence between us, “I ask you to come here to officially get your statement about it. You still have to clarify everything about it.”

 

I nod my head. “Shall I write it down for you?” I inquire, smiling sadly. This is the second time I’m going to issue a statement through YG Entertainment. I’m not even one of their talents and yet I’m always issuing statements and they will say it on my behalf.

 

I grab a pen and a paper in his desk and starts writing my statement.

 

                I, Jihye Song, will like to clarify that what happen that night is not what you all think it is. Kiko and I are bickering and that’s the truth but we are bickering about whether she will get in the car since I offer her the service to drop her of in the hotel she was staying. You may or may not believe what I have written but this is my side of the story. But I didn’t attack Kiko or hurt her in anyway.

 

                Sincerely,

                        Jihye Song

 

“That’s a brief statement,” YG-appa remarks as he gawks at the letter I am writing. Then he smirks. “And until now, I can’t understand your handwriting,” he ponders, grinning at me.

 

I glare at him but he just shrugs it off with a smile. “I don’t want to expound and make a novella about it but this is me and I don’t like talking about what happened, especially something as trivial as this. When the listener or receiver doesn’t even believe what I have written in there.

               

The door opens widely, surprises the hell out of me and YG-appa. But there I see Kiko standing together with Eunjae huffing for air.

 

“What the hell,” I curse.

 

“Before you curse me to the core, I just want to clarify that I want to release my statement too but I don’t like it through letter or any written thing. I want it to be personal, so, people will not think that it is just a ploy to clean Jihye’s name,” Kiko explains as she regains her normal breathing.

 

I laugh at her but then smile kindly. “Why are you defending me now, anyway? I thought you hate me because I snatch Jiyong away from you.”

 

She looks at me with a soft expression for the first time. “This is something I have to correct and yes, I maybe am angry at you for stealing Jiyong but that doesn’t mean I want to ruin your reputation just because they think you maltreated me. I want a fair and square fight. Yes, I may be am a but that doesn’t mean I don’t know how to be human and honest.”

 

I whistle in amusement. “Gomawoyo,” I utter in gratefulness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

I hope you like it!

Upvote!

Comment!

Subscribe!

-authornim