One Less Problem

SHE

Chapter 37:

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

I arrive at home and all of the girls are sitting in the living room. They are watching a show I didn’t know. Well, I don’t know anything about shows in here. I don’t even have the time to open the television with how busy I am now. I should really have a vacation when I get some day off with my hectic schedule.

 

 “I’m home,” I announce my arrival.

 

Chaewon looks at me, sadly. So, she knows what her fiancé and I talk about in New York then this will be much easier to explain. There’s no need to elaborate much to what we have talk about. But that sadness in the eyes, it’s not like I inflicted them on purpose. This is going to be one tiring arrival then.

 

“I’m hungry. What are we going to have for dinner?” I remark while dragging my trolley inside.

 

“We are going to eat barbeque outside. Shall we eat early?” Dahee asks cheerful at me.

 

“Sure, let me change then I will help you in cooking,” I say before walking to my room.

 

A moment later, there is a knock on my door. The door opens revealing Chaewon. “Yes,” I inquire, continuing what I am doing after I saw it was her.

 

“Can we talk about it? Eunjae said that we’ll talk at home,” she speaks softly, not the usual Chaewon I know.

 

“Let Dahee and Sumi sleep or only Sumi. We, four, will talk about it later since I don’t think Sumi knows anything what’s happening between you and him, arasso?” I imply, not looking at her or I will falter and let her cry in here and that will be a worst case scenario.

 

“Okay,” she replies and steps out of my room quietly.

 

I sigh and go straight to the bathroom to take a quick shower to wash my fatigue a little. This is a disaster. Should I just stay in the YG building for a little while more?

 

------------------------------------------

 

Four people are sitting quietly outside where we had our barbeque party earlier. Sumi is already sleeping in her room while the four of us is having a meeting over wine for my meeting with Chaewon’s fiancé, his name is Jay Park. Jay Park is not the singer here in Korea; it’s a different Jay Park.

 

“So, how was Jay?” Dahee speaks to cut the silence we are having.

 

“He is fine. He is still studying management in New York and he’s in good shape,” I reply with so much sarcasm in my voice and you will know how mad I am from my strain voice.

 

Eunjae covers her face with her hand then rakes her hair in frustration. “So in short, you just talk,” she inquires.

 

I sip my wine and nod my head in response.

 

“Jihye, what did you talk about?” Chaewon asks glumly.

 

I am really seething mad right now and she’s acting this way. I want to shout at her for being passive all this time when it comes to that fu***ng Jay. “About canceling your engagement,” I reply straightforwardly not batting an eyelash.

 

Dahee coughs in her drinks while Eunjae is pleased about the news.

 

“What did he say then?” Chaewon replies still emotionlessly but I can hear the grief in her voice.

 

I give out a heavy sigh before answering. “What did he say to you that made you grieve like that?”

 

Eunjae and Dahee heads snaps towards Chaewon. Chaewon looks surprise to my question, agape and eyes wide.

 

Eunjae slams her hands on the table. “What did the fu***ng guy told you? Tell me Chae. I will kill that man when I see him,” she says hysterically mad.

 

“Did this childhood friend of yours threaten you?” I remark, my voice stern. She flinches and that answers it all. I sigh. “He will cancel your engagement and he will not bother you in the near future. I already talk with him which you don’t want to hear about. The threat just pulled the string. Leave everything to me,” I state at them, my voice completely controlled over the contempt I’m having.

 

“Jihye, you don’t know what Jay can do,” Chaewon stutters in fear.

 

I smirk and even Eunjae scoffs at her statement. “You don’t want a Song to be your enemy, Chaewon,” Eunjae states with pride.

 

I smile at her remark. “It’s not me being a Song but I hate it when my friends are being made a fool, cheated and then threatened. If he wants to threat, I will not make a threat and do it,” I clarify. Well, being a Song has it perks, many of it, since you have many different connections and you can pull a string or two.

 

I turn my attention to Chaewon. “What did he threaten you?” I inquire.

 

She sobs and cries a river. “He says he will hurt you, all of you. He will make lies about our families and spread it on the media. Jay has connections and he can make those lies,” Chaewon says like she is pleading.

 

Dahee runs to Chaewon’s side and comfort her. Eunjae and I exchange cold glances.

 

Jay Park finally pulls the last string completely off the hook. He needs to be prepared for making me feel this much anger for quite some time. My long patience has finally run out on him and he will feel my wrath for hurting my friend and for threatening my whole family.

 

“Connection my ,” Eunjae muses smirking devilishly.

 

“Dahee, please, accompany Chaewon to her room. I think Eunjae and I have to go somewhere for an hour or two.” Dahee looks at me with a curious stare but I nod my head for her to do as I bid. She sighs and nods her head reluctantly.

 

“Come on,” Dahee says to Chaewon as she helps her get up from her seat. She stops in front me and tells, “Don’t overdo it.”

 

I smile and nod my head. I’m not going to do it. I’m going for the overkill.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

I sigh as I look at my schedule. I can’t fit any time to have a date with Jihye in my schedule, this is so major bad. It’s been two days since we have met again and today as I called her there is no answer and when I asked Dahee where is she, she just looks at me blankly.

 

“Where the hell are you?” I mumble in frustration.

 

“In hell then,” I look back and see Jihye standing by the door with a smirk on her face and her arms cross.

 

I stand up and hug her immediately. “Why are you not picking up my call the past few days? I’ve been looking everywhere for you.” I rant whatever is on my mind for two days.

 

She sighs and hugs me back. “I am on a business meeting with Eunjae. Didn’t anyone of my friends tell you?” she inquires oddly.

 

“No,” I reply sadly.

 

She chuckles and snuggles in the crook of my neck. “I’m so tired,” she grumbles as she put all of her weight on me.

 

“Do you want to rest in the couch?” I suggest worriedly. She shakes her head and sighs again. I feel so awful for seeing her like this, so, I rub her back to comfort her. “I miss you,” I tell her.

 

Na do,” she replies weakly. (Trans: Me too)

 

A wide smile creeps on my face. This is the first time she replied, this is a first and it means that our relationship is improving and I’m still doing great at being her boyfriend.

 

Appa said that you are grumbling about your tight schedule, wae?” she asks as she pulls away and drags me towards the couch to sit.

 

I face her and pout. “Can you believe it? I can’t even put a date with you on my schedule that’s how tight it is.” I whine at her.

 

Jihye looks at me incredulously then she laughs. She rubs her temples and stares at me before cupping my cheeks. She likes cupping my cheeks after all. “Date? You have to be focus in your career not mine, arasso? After all, even if we don’t meet, we can have one day together for the magazine shoot.”

 

Oh yeah! We still have that. I forgot that we are going to do it. I smile sheepishly and pull her towards me and we both crash down on the couch.

 

“Aisht! Can I not get any more than this?” Teddy-hyung whines as he enters the studio. “Jihye, the song of 2ne1 is done. Sajangnim wants you to hear it and for you, Jiyong, he said that you cannot hear it and stay here to finish what you are doing.”

 

Jihye chuckles while her head is resting at my chest. “Okay, I’ll catch up to you,” Jihye replies as she gets up from our position. She kisses me in the lips before going out and follows Teddy-hyung.

 

My smile is still in my face even when she left. She is my very own vitamin.

 

Hyung, you are getting creepy,” Seungri remarks as he looks scared at me.

 

Youngbae is just smiling at maknae’s acting. “Maybe, when you find a girlfriend tell me when you don’t act like that,” Youngbae comments to Seungri.

 

Aisht! When I have already lots of money like Jiyong­-hyung­ then I will get a girlfriend.” He answers stubbornly.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

Eunjae’s P.O.V

 

“You are going to make the music video next, ne?” I ask the girls, after we listened to their song to be release this July.

 

“Yeah, unnie,” Minzy reply enthusiastically.

 

“I’m going to change their image too,” YG-appa says as he sits in the couch with Jihye. I bet they are talking about what transformation they are going to do to these girls.

 

“Please, I do want to see a normal hairstyle for Dara, just this once,” I tell him. I did know what they look like before I met them since Chaewon is a Blackjack but I still didn’t see a normal hairstyle for Dara. I know she’s crazy sometimes but Dara is beautiful and I want her to be beautifully simple.

 

“Normal,” YG-appa repeats with a sneaky smile. I pout at him. “If you can say to Taeyang to have a normal hair,” he teases.

 

“Eh?” I utter in surprise and judging by their expression, my face is freaking red as a tomato.

 

The 2ne1 girls giggle as they look at me.

 

Jihye smiles and nudges YG-appa. “Stop teasing her,” she remarks but smiling warmly at him.

 

Arasso, I will not anymore. It’s just that I don’t know if she’s still working because she’s here every day, almost,” he states, winking at Jihye.

 

Appa, this is too much,” I whine at him.

 

He smiles and raises his hands in defeat. “I just like teasing you since I can’t tease Jihye anymore.”

 

Aisht! You really are a bully” Jihye remarks with a roll of her eyes. “We better go now and visit Chaewon at their house.” She stands up and so do I. She turns her attention to the 2ne1 girls and speaks, “Do your best in the music video. I will try to come when you are filming it.” She cheers and then kisses them in the cheeks.

 

“Tell Chaewon-unnie to get well soon. We miss her loudness in the building.” The girls said with a frown.

 

“She’ll be back,” I tell them with a big smile. “Louder than ever,” I add.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

I hope you like it!

Upvote!

Comment!

Subscribe!

-authornim