Giving up

SHE

Chapter 43:

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

 Okay, so, now the party is totally in chaos. My party is getting ruined, atmospherically ruined. Kiko is fine being here since Jihye invited her and she’s being friendly but how the hell did Shin Haeri get invited? She is trying everything, cling, lean, and try to steal a kiss and many more. She is officially aggravating me in my night.

 

What we are afraid in here? All of the people are worried that a catfight might ensue if Shin Haeri doesn’t stop with her aggravating methods.

 

“Jiyongie,” she coos at me, rubbing her face in my arms like a cat.

 

This is going to be a difficult challenge for me, my patience is running thin and everything is getting ruined by this girl. Jihye, did you invite this girl too? If you did, you shouldn’t have.

 

“Why are you wearing a ring on your left ring finger?” Haeri exclaims in furiousness and that is close to my ears. Argh! Did she just ruin my eardrums? Besides, what’s wrong with this girl? And now, she is throwing tantrums.

 

“Hey, Haeri-ah, can you relax? It’s just a ring. It doesn’t mean anything,” Xin states, he is trying to calm the psychopath in front of me.

 

Well, the ring has a meaning and that’s why I’m wearing it on the left hand and in the ring finger too. But I think that it’s going to make the matters worst if I say that. “Remove it, remove it, remove it,” she utters hysterically while grabbing my hand. She then glares at Kiko and spats venomously, “Did you give this to him?”

 

She lunges for Kiko and tries to choke her.

 

“Get away from me,” Kiko says struggling while trying to push Haeri away.

 

Gosh! This girl is really a psychopath. Xin and the other guys try to stop her and pull her away from Kiko but her grip is tight and won’t let go.

 

“Geez, Haeri, you’re barking on the wrong tree.”

 

We, all, look up and see Jihye standing in the door with a serious face together with Dahee and Top-hyung.

 

“Let go of her,” Jihye orders. “I’m the one who gave Jiyong the ring.”

 

Haeri glares at Jihye and let go of Kiko but she attacks Jihye now but every guy stop her from getting close to Jihye including me. “You!” she exclaims. “You always steal everything from me. You steal the limelight to me when I’m in Japan just like this Kiko and now, you are stealing Jiyong from me. Go to hell,” she shouts.

 

Jihye ignores her rant and goes to where Kiko is. “Are you hurt? Mianheyo, it’s my fault that you experience that since I invited you in his party,” she says apologetically.

 

Kiko smiles warmly and shakes her head. “I’m fine, a little bit shock though,” Kiko replies politely. Uhmm…did I miss something in here? When did they get along?

 

“I really am sorry. I’ll make it up to you next time.” Then Jihye turns around and faces us. “I didn’t do anything to you. I even let go of my modeling career for you, right? Because you told me that this is your dream. You’re just being selfish and can’t take losing wholeheartedly without feeling of vengeance or envy for the winner. Don’t you think it’s time for you to grow up, Shin Haeri? Not everything in life will be served to you in a silver platter.” Jihye looks at Shin Haeri seriously.

 

“You steal everything away from me. My friends when we were kids, my parents’ adoration, the praises of the teachers and our classmates. I have to put up with you and all of my ex-friends…”

 

“I didn’t do any of that,” Jihye cuts Haeri but her face still calm and compose. “Haeri,” she says pitifully, “Eunjae, Dahee, Sumi and Chaewon are my friends since we were toddlers. They just hang out with you when we are in primary school since you are in the same class and I’m the only one in a different class.”

 

“No, they are my friends,” Haeri spats bitterly again. “My parents…”

 

Dahee sighs and shakes her head. “She will never listen to you. She never did.”

 

Jihye sighs too and nods her head. “I’m just picking up Kiko and this is what I’m going to see,” and now she’s back to her whining self and I smile.

 

I may never understand what’s happening now but I, at least, will want to see the Jihye I know rather the one who is gloomy. “Why are you picking up Kiko?” I inquire suddenly when I remember what she said.

 

“Oh! Kiko said that she has something to say to me and since I’m with Dahee and Top in the café, they decided to come with me. You know, they think Kiko would do something bad,” she answers mischievously.

 

“Hey,” Dahee and Top whine at the same time.

 

Jihye ignores them. “Are you really alright? Do you want me to take you to a clinic or hospital?”

 

Kiko looks at Jihye in surprise then she laughs heartily. “So, you are really like that. No wonder, I will not win over you with Jiyong.”

 

Jihye looks at her confused and tilted her head with a scowling expression but I understood what Kiko is talking about. Yeah, you will only find the jewel in her if you know her truly, that’s why no woman will ever replace her in my heart.

 

“What the hell are you talking about?” Jihye spats playfully but smiling, I see, so she got it now. “Anyway, let’s go and leave the birthday boy with his friends. I’ll see you the day after tomorrow.” She looks at me and informing me at her last sentence. I nod my head in response.

 

“Yah! We are not yet done talking.” Haeri, the forgotten psychopath, shrieks as she struggles again in the arms of the boys.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

“I…”

 

“Aisht! Will you stop apologizing? You didn’t even know that Haeri is there and will do something like that.” Kiko stops me from apologizing again and then she sighs furiously, “I can’t believe I believe that psychopath that you are the psychopath.”

 

Jihye smiles amiably. “Haeri is really not like that. She is just seeking attention that outshined by me.” I correct her wrong assumptions. It is partly my fault for her acting like that but I thought that losing one thing that I love will stop her. I guess I am wrong.

 

“It’s not your fault, Jihye. Haeri is an attention seeker. We, all, know that. We grow up together and see how she acts in every gathering. And you’re not the only person, she’s envious of. There are a lot of them but you are just always highly praised by the older generations.” Dahee disagrees with my earlier assumptions. But at her last statement, she is also telling me that it’s my fault.

 

“So, you really did give up modeling for her?” Kiko and Top say at the same time and that made Dahee and me giggle.

 

“Stop copying me, Choi Seunghyun,” Kiko grumbles but she’s teasing Top-oppa.

 

“I’m not copying you,” Oppa counters back.

 

"What did you want to talk about?" I change the subject as soon as I know that Dahee and Top are comfortable with us being in the car.

 

"Ah, nothing, I just want to get out there and there's no one to help, so, I decided to send you a message to pick me up," Kiko replies shyly while her fingers fidget.

 

"Ah," I drawl, "you said you wanted a fair fight so I have given you a chance to be with Jiyong in his birthday.  Why do you want to get away from there?" I inquire curiously.

 

"At first, we are enjoying just like old times and then Haeri shows up and the whole happy feeling died down. But it's a good thing, I am there. Now, I can finally see why Jiyong is so in love with you."

 

Jihye heaves a deep breath. "I'm not the person you think I am. I have flaws which are unknown to the world and there are things that I hide, Kiko. I'm not Ms. Perfect."

 

I see Dahee's head turns to the side, trying to look at me.

 

"Everyone has things to hide and no one is perfect so, I think it's not only the personality what makes Jiyong loves you but I know it's more than that. I'm a little envious though. Wishing that maybe, if I had cherish our relationship, we will have the same thing you are having now." I hear the sadness in her voice even without looking at her expression. I know Kiko is sincerely sad for everything she had done wrong.

 

Jiyong will eventually find out my past and he will leave me, the moment it reaches his ear. The past mistakes I have done are something that will lose your trust in everything I'm showing now.

 

"You can still be friends with Jiyong. I'm not forbidding you that." I look at Kiko sincerely smiling. "You can be good friends with Jiyong if you are done being a psychopath like Haeri," I tease.

 

Kiko laughs softly and nods her head. "I'm done," she states firmly.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Haeri's P.O.V

 

"I'm going to get back at you, Jihye, including your new found friend, Kiko. I will definitely take my revenge and destroy the two of you completely."

 

I glare at my reflection in the mirror and it turns into a smile. I touch the mirror and smile evilly. "I'll get Jiyong. I'm sure he likes me and just being captivated by Jihye. I'm his apple of the eye."

 

I turn around and see the big poster of Gdragon. "Happy Birthday to you, my handsome jagiya," I greet seductively.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong's P.O.V

 

I press the dial button even if it's already late. I'm just trying my lady luck if she's still awake. I can't stop my curiosity about the issue earlier in my party.

 

The party is memorable because Jihye sent a cake made by Dahee especially for me and it's so delicious that my other cake is neglected. But this is memorable because of the hysteria of Haeri. She's like literally being drag out of the club while shouting her love for me.

 

She's too much infatuated with me that it is already being scary. I am quite afraid what she's going to do with Jihye. A jealous girl is dangerous as I see it in the movie they plot evil plans just to get rid of the person their jealousy is pointing at.

 

"Not her," I mutter.

 

"Who's her?" I heard Jihye's voice on the other line. "I thought this is a prank call. I would have cursed you till your ears bleed if you didn't talk."

 

"Mianheyo, my mind was preoccupied," I state honestly.

 

"Is it about what happened earlier? If it's about her, it's a matter of the past. Just like she said I took everything away from her since childhood. Should I let you go?" There's sadness in her voice when she talks about it.

 

"Never let go of me and I will never let go of you. I promise to never let go of you," I say it with finality.

 

"Never speak beforehand, you may not fulfill it."

 

"Jihye, just trust me," I say to her.

 

I hear her sigh. "I'll trust you but if you break it, you'll lose me. Arasso?"

 

She is serious about that and it makes me scared to agree but I can't go back on my word. Trust is something I really like to have with Jihye. "I understand. I'll see you in the shoot the day after later." It's already dawn after all.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jihye's P.O.V

 

I turn around and see the girls’ sad faces mirroring mine. Trust is a big thing for all of us and I know they are worried that I may get hurt again. Even I, I'm afraid that he will forget his promise the moment he knew the truth about Anna.

 

"Can he fulfill it?" the girls ask worriedly. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

I hope you like it!

Upvote!

Comment!

Subscribe!

-authornim