False Accusations

SHE

Chapter 41:

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

“What the hell,” I curse in shock the moment I turn on the television even the boys are having the same reaction as me and their heads leaning forward trying to properly view the scene on the television.

 

‘Model Kiko Mizuhara clears the issue about the rumored attack of Jihye Song in a club. She posted this on her Twitter account clarifying the said issue,” says the girl reporter.

 

@kikoxxx: There is no bitter blood against me and Jihye Song.

 

‘According to our sources, there was no fight that happened in the club that night. It also been said that there were three guys being thrown out because of causing trouble and that there’s no catfight that ever happened.’ The guy reporter says.

 

‘Yes, that is true,” the girl agrees. ‘Then Kiko Mizuhara clarifies the issue again appearing at an event and she is asks about the issue. Here’s the video footage caught by one of our cameras.’

 

‘I think I have already posted on twitter that Jihye Song and I are okay. We don’t really know each other much. What happened in the club is that we are really bickering because she’s offering me a ride back to my hotel because I’m a little bit tipsy and says she’s worried about a drunk girl riding a taxi home by herself,” Kiko giggles then smiles, “that’s what we are bickering about and it is such a petty thing that the reporters made the issue bigger than what it is.’

 

‘Are you saying Jihye Song didn’t attack you? But it’s been caught here that you have swollen red cheek.” Another reporter asks Kiko and showing her a photo of it.

 

Kiko chuckles and looks at it amusedly. ‘Oh! She didn’t do that. I would have skin her alive if she did but the red swollen cheek is made by one of the guys that has been thrown out of the club for a causing a ruckus.’ She clarifies with a firm voice but amused at the same time.

 

‘So yet again, Ms. Jihye Song is the most judge person in the whole Korea now. She’s been on gossip headlines the past months and yet, the gossips are always wrong and she just takes it all in and keeps on smiling.’ The girl reporter utters.

 

“So, why did Kiko defend Jihye?” Youngbae asks confused.

 

“That night in the club, I am the driver of the car where Kiko was pushed in too?”

 

Mworago?” They shriek at me, wide eyed and can’t believe what I have just said.

 

“I am the driver. I pick up Jihye to have a ‘me’ time but I was surprise like that too when I see her with Kiko and just as what Kiko has said. Jihye saves her from the thugs and we drop her off in the hotel. That’s all that happens and the news is so wrong, totally wrong.” I explain to them coolly. But I am definitely mad for Jihye not telling me about this issue.

 

I may not be in the country but damn, I’m still her boyfriend and I need to know if something like this happens. I know she doesn’t want me to worry but for me to learn it last before the whole world is freaking ridiculous.

 

“Whoo! I can smell some smoke,” Seungri gibes while flapping his hand under his nose.

 

Youngbae, Daesung and Top just snicker and look away when I glare at them.

------------------------------------------------

 

“Why the hell am I the last to know about this freaking issue?” I tell her on the other line, a little bit angry and my voice stern.

 

“It’s nothing and it is been solved already. Kiko even helped.” Jihye says on the other line amused.

 

Cherie, I know you don’t want my focus to falter but at least tell me if something is bothering you,” I remark concerned.

 

“Arasso, you are bothering me now. That’s bothersome.” She teases and I know she’s grinning at the moment.

 

“Not funny,” I respond flatly.

 

Mianheyo,” she mumbles apologetically. “It really is nothing and YG-appa got it handled before it caused to be national issue. Anyway, it’s going to be your birthday soon. What are your plans?”

 

“I don’t have any plans yet. Why? Do you want to throw a birthday celebration with me?” I inquire, half prying and half teasing.

 

“Ani, I’m just asking to know if I should do plans for that day to be rid of you,” she replies sarcastically.

 

But even if she says it with sarcasm, it still pisses me off. “Yah! Are you telling your boyfriend that you will not celebrate with him?” I exclaim exasperated.

 

Jihye laughs at the other line. “Is this the way of my boyfriend telling I can’t go anywhere on his birthday?” she muses.

 

“Yes, this is your boyfriend telling you that you will not go anywhere on his birthday,” I replied firmly. She really knows how to aggravate me and whenever I don’t have the energy I just have to call her and my energy will be back, full charged.

 

It’s a little bit frustrating that I can’t be with her even if I want to since we are both busy with our lives. We are both such busy bodies and make me wonder why this relationship even works.

 

Then what shall I do on my birthday? It’s not like everything will stop just for my birthday. I still have to go to work and finish everything then I will be busy again because of so many commitments. I sigh. There is no way I can have enough time for her.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

“When will you tell him that you are Anna, Ji?” Dahee asks when we are dining at one of Chaewon’s family owned restaurant.

 

“I don’t think I can tell it to him. Anna is like a taboo thing to me. She’s an entity from my black history. I don’t want to resurface the things I have done when I’m still the Anna.” I answer truthfully. Anna is the total opposite of Jihye. She’s the rebellious and wild version of the Jihye now. Anna is the insatiable beast or an immature wild beast.

 

“Jihye, Anna is the broken you there’s nothing you can do about that. It’s like the Eunjae months ago and the Eunjae, I am now.” Eunjae convinces me that I’m like her.

 

“The Eunjae of the past months is not as wild as Anna that everyone in Japan knows. She is like a whirlwind, which will drag you in her pace.” I counter sullenly then sigh.

 

“Is the food not your liking, Ms. Jihye?” The manager asks worriedly and fidgeting.

 

The girls and I look at the manager and laughs.

 

“No, the food is great as usual,” I clarify with a warm smile and thumbs up. “We are just talking something about being honest to someone.”

 

The manager smiles in relief. “If it’s honesty we are talking about, don’t you think Jihye-ssi is the most honest and frank person we have known?”

 

The girls and I are dumbfounded in astonishment or maybe pure utter shock about what the manager had said.

 

The manager looks at us surprise and speaks in worry, “Did I say something wrong?”

 

I laugh softly and shake my head. “No, you didn’t say anything wrong,” I answer back. Am I really so honest to the people who didn’t know what my history was?

 

Anna, why are you still biting me in the neck? Can’t I really get rid of you? Two years is not enough to erase you from my memory and the things I have done is something I will not be able to fathom saying. That teenage girl is gone and matured into something I wish that has a part of Anna and a big part of Jihye. But I will never use the name of Anna anymore.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

“Are you sure that’s what you are going to get Jiyong?” Top-oppa says on the other line.

 

“I don’t know what to get him and you do know he’s the first serious relationship I had in a while and I don’t know what to give him. Well, the shoes are already normal and clothes, I think I’m not yet comfortable buying clothes other than the girls.” I sigh as I try hard to scramble my mind what to give Jiyong for his birthday.

 

Having a celebrity boyfriend is so hard. “Can’t I just break up with him?”

 

Mworago?” Oppa shrieks.

 

My eyes go wide in surprise. “Did I say that out loud,” I inquire skeptically.

 

“Yes, you did little sis,” he drawls with a little teasing tone. “Anyway, cooking for him might be a good choice but that’s so simple. Why not throw him a party?” he suggests.

 

Oppa, I don’t like doing that. Anyway, it’s not the only gift I will give him. I think I know what I’m giving him but I still don’t want to say it.” Throwing a party for him is too much and I'm not a girlfriend who is hands on about every little thing on my boyfriend. It is so not me.

 

"Why not break the rules once in a while?" he asks me sincerely.

 

"Oppa," I coo, "this is one thing in my list that I will never do for my boyfriend." I just don't want to be the same girl who gives everything and will always ends up having nothing.

 

He sighs. "Arasso, I will not push it. It's not like I don't know that you're stubbornness is extremely irritating."

 

"I know and you love that about me," I jest.

 

He scoffs. "And I'm starting to regret it now. Anyway, say my love to Dahee. I will meet her after the shoot is done."

 

"Fighting! Still, I won't watch your movie." I hang up before he can scold me about not going to the premiere night of his new movie. I am going to watch it but I'm still contemplating on whether it will be on the premiere or if it will be another day.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

"Jihye," Eunjae shouts, "its resume time for the photo shoot," she reminds me again.

 

I'm just on a break for a cover shoot for Vogue. It's my first time to accept a cover shoot in a magazine outside Paris since that's always been my comfort zone. I know the people I work with and I have created bonds with them.

 

"Arasso," I respond and walk back to start with the redoing of my makeup.

 

As the photographer instruct and tell me what he wants to get from me. I am back to my professional mode where I can only focus on me and on the photographer and no one else. It's like I minimize the distraction to none.

 

"Great," the photographer says in delight. "I think we are done."

 

I smile and heave a breath of relief.

 

The photographer walks towards me with a warm smile. "I guess rumors are always rumors." I look at him baffled at what he is saying. "The people in here when the shoot is not yet starting are all wary of you. They think you are a primadonna like what the gossip sites are saying and yet as the times goes by, they admire your professionalism and maybe in awe on how great and friendly you are in the whole shoot. You never grumble any complains as I asked you to redo things so many times."

 

I smile awkwardly. "I'm used to being criticized but I'm thankful for all the compliments, if they are."

 

The photographer laughs and nods his head. "They are and better yet I have so many great shots that will make it hard to choose what to put on the magazine."

 

I laugh softly. "That will be tough then," I joke.

 

"Jihye, we have to go," Eunjae shouts again.

 

"Arasso," I answer back. "It's nice working with you. I hope we work again in the future."

 

"And give me headache for the great photos. I'll take on that challenge." The photographer gibes back.

 

"Kamsahamnida," I say and bow to the photographer and the whole staff.

 

Before I go back, I say goodbye to the crew and everyone I have met in the photo shoot. I even ordered them food since they said that they are not yet done for the day. I guess the food is my payment for taking good care of me.

 

My phone beeps and I open the message.

 

Fr: Mon cheri (My honey or dear)

 

I'll be home tomorrow night. Let me sleep again in your house. Please.... I love you. :*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

I hope you like it!

(A/N: I'm sorry for the late upload of chapters. But I am trying my hardest to post as much as possible. Please bare with me for a while and in this christmas vacation, i would have a much lighter schedule.)

Kamsahamnida!!

-authornim