Chapter 2: Wolf

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

                                                                                       Werewolves

               Thousands of years before our time, there lived creatures that we can only imagine in stories and fairytales. They are creatures that were created in order to work. Scientists have wanted to create animals that will work for humans, just like horses do. The creatures of from legend and stories passed down from one generation to another. The scientists not only created the creatures that fly at night which we call Vampires, but they were also the creators of a race of creatures that were half human and half wolf.

                The scientists are against God. They want to create things that only God can create. The scientists failed many times trying to create a half wolf and half human. But, for many months the creature would perish. It was heartbreaking for the people watching as the hybrids took their first breath and died on the table. The scientists were getting frustrated that their experiments weren’t working.

                Many of the scientists have talked about stopping the experiments, but the other scientists would not give in. If they created the Vampires after many failed attempts, then they can endure the pain of losing many failed attempts at getting a hybrid. The scientists that decided to back out, were banished and never seen nor heard from again. The only ones left were a small handful and they worked overtime until they can get the right one.

                After almost a year of trying and failing, the scientists decided to walk away from their work and sleep. They haven’t been able to sleep or eat for weeks. The scientists walked out of the room and locked the door to their laboratory. As the scientists walked down the hallways to where they will eat their food and sleep, something extraordinary was happening in the laboratory.

                It wasn’t even an hour that the corpse of the experiment, a human baby boy was lying on the table…dead. The baby boy was one of the scientists’ sisters’ child and he knows that he’ll have to tell his sister that her baby is dead. But, suddenly the baby twitched its leg and slowly his eyes opened. He looked around with his big brown eyes and his chest started to rise and fall. The experiment was a success as the baby was breathing on his own.

                The scientists started to walk back to their laboratory, when they noticed something going on in their room. They ran to the window and their eyes grew wide as they saw the baby moving his limbs and they heard screaming inside the room. They opened the door and walked in to see the baby crying and moving around. The scientists looked at each other and laughed as they looked down at the baby.

                The lead scientist took blood samples from the baby to make sure the baby is a hybrid, and sure enough, he announced that the baby has both human and wolf genes. They picked up the baby and each scientist held him. The uncle of the baby looked at him and smiled. When the day was finished, and the baby stayed alive during the night up till the next morning, the uncle brought the baby back to his sisters’ house.

                The scientists’ sister cared for her baby all through his young life until he became a teenager. That is when the mother noticed strange things on her son. She also noticed his strange cravings for raw meat and wanting to go and kill food and eat it before it was cooked. There was a time, where the young boy got mad at his mom, because she wanted him to do something and he tore up the house. The mother was scared of her son, when she noticed that his eyes started to turn yellow.

                The boy’s mother called her brother to come to the house and she showed him what her son is looking like. She was very angry that her brother would make her son an experiment. After the argument, her brother left, and she tried to live with her son. But, it didn’t last long. The boy tried to kill his mother a few times and even went after other people. Especially when people made fun of him or tried to harm someone he loves. When he was too much to handle, his mother threw him out of the house and he had to find somewhere else to live.

                Unfortunately, no one could handle his attitude and each family he lived with, threw him out. When he became sixteen, he decided to leave the human world behind. He ran into the forest and lived among the trees and bushes. The mother never knew whatever happened to her son. But, there were reports of a cannibalistic boy running around and attacked a few innocent people.

                The mother was mortified and agreed to pay anyone who would kill her son and bring his body back to her. Many hunters have tried to kill the boy, but the boy has always had the upper hand. Even when the hunters brought their dogs, they weren’t able to track the boy. The hunters have shot at the boy, and most of the time it grazed his skin, but it never killed the boy. The hunters eventually went back home empty handed and the mother lived her life without her son.

                Hundreds of years passed and people walking in the woods would see a strange wolf running around. The wolf was black as midnight but it had a white face, almost resembling a wolf skull. The wolf was labeled a demon and again hunters went out and tried to kill the demon wolf, but it would disappear in the thick forest. Some hunters, as they followed the wolf, met their untimely death. Those hunters were ripped to shreds and the wolf ran off. Soon, people were forbidden from entering the forests at night, for fear that the wolf would take innocent people.

                Unfortunately, that had happened and people were afraid to leave their houses in the morning and at night. They realized that this wolf hunts in both the day and night. Since, the wolf was banished from his home, he has killed over a 100 people, and he was still starving for me. Fortunately for a wolf, they don’t need blood to live, just food. The wolf soon found a mate and they had four little cubs.

                Those four precious cubs, grew up and mated. They had a family and soon the hybrids were showing up in all parts of the world. People everywhere were witnessing strange wolves running around and being close to people and even some of those innocent people became meals for the wolves. Eventually, the wolves were of different colors. Some were black, red, ivory, bluish, brown, grey and the most exotic color…white.

                As time was in favor of the wolves, it also was a death sentence. Eventually, because of all the killings that these rare wolves did, it caused problems for the normal wolves. Soon, wolves were almost all extinct from hunters and poachers. These rare wolves almost caused the complete extinction of the normal wolves. As the present and future were getting nearer, humans started to love and respect wolves. They eventually took the normal wolves and built them up so that the humans could release them into the wild. And soon, that is what happened. Those normal wolves had been built up from cubs, to adults and released into the wild so that they can populate and flourish again.

                But, the thought of these rare wolves wreaking havoc again, was always on everyone’s minds. The thought of finding these rare wolves and either studying them or killing them was getting deeper and heavier. And it just so happens that a hunter got the chance to shoot one of the hybrids and when he went to see if it was dead, the wolf stood up on its hind legs and grabbed the rifle from the hunter. You can believe that the hunter was scared at seeing this wolf grabbing at his gun. The other thing the hunter noticed was that the wound from the gun was closing up and the gun bullet fell to the ground. The wolf growled at the hunter, and the hunters body was later found floating down stream, where other hunters found him.

                Hunters after hunters have tried to kill the hybrids with ordinary bullets, but every time the bullets did nothing. Then, a young boy who was going to hunt his first wolf created a bullet made of pure silver. He heard that all the other bullets that were made of steel and iron have no effect on the wolves. After he created the bullets he went out with his uncle to search for these hybrids. They went deep into the forest where they found a pack of wolves sitting and laying around a small campfire. The boy and his uncle looked at each other in surprise and wondering if there was a human around.

                The boy and his uncle waited and when they didn’t see any humans, the boy decided he wanted to try out his bullet. He slowly and softly loaded his rifle up and aimed at one of the wolves. He saw beautiful white wolf and aimed his gun at the body. He waited and fired. The shot was perfect. The other wolves jumped at the sound of the impact and ran away but the white wolf howled and fell to the ground, bleeding. The boy and his uncle ran over and looked at the wolf. They were so happy, until the saw the wolf start to change. Soon, they were looking at a young girl where the wolf was. A bullet hole in her chest. They sat down and couldn’t believe their eyes.

                Instead of bringing the girl back home and get checked up, they decided to bury her. They didn’t want to be labeled murders for killing a girl. They paid their respects to her and then walked away. The other wolves came over and looked at the makeshift grave and watched as the hunters walked away. After the white wolf was killed the hybrids decided to take revenge and kill many of the people in town. They raided the town in the daytime as they ravaged the houses and killed many of the horses and people. The boy had plenty of those silver bullets and he used them against the hybrids. When the hybrids ran off, the only things left were and dead men and women. The people can’t believe their eyes.

                Eventually, these hybrids were feared and cursed. Soon, the name Werewolves was on everyone’s tongue. Papers and books spoke about these half human and half wolf “monstrosities.” And people came to fear anything that looked like a wolf. Even normal dogs that resemble wolves were feared and many were killed, just to protect the people.

                Just like with the Vampires, the reign of the Werewolves was ending. No one knows the reason for many of the Werewolves to suddenly start vanishing from existence. The killing spree started to dwindle down to the point where there were no killings for many years. People were celebrating that these monsters have died out. People still wonder if it was because of the silver bullets, or could it have been something else that killed off many of the Werewolves.

                Deep in the forests the Werewolves watch the human display as they prance around and celebrate the loss of the Werewolves. The Werewolves look at each other and then run off. They howl causing many of the displays to stop and look toward the forest, but when the sound died down, the celebration started again.  

                As for years, the Werewolves have tried to live side by side with the Vampires, but when the treaty was ripped up, and the Werewolves were then taken as slaves for the Vampires, many of the Werewolves have went on a killing spree against the Vampires.

                After the sudden disappearance of the Werewolves, a woman dressed in a white gown would walk through the forest under the bright full moon. She had long black midnight hair, and a pale complexion. No one dared to talk to her or go into the forest during the full moon.

Who could this woman be? Is she connected with the Werewolves? Why did all the Werewolves die out? Could the Werewolves be the reason for the disappearance of the Vampires?

Can the treaty be put back together after so long?

 

To be continued….

This is a double update. Wow, I just came up with this story today and now I'm already on the 2nd chapter.

 

What did you think of this chapter? I know that it , but I wanted to show a little insight to the world of the Werewolves and how I see what happened.

 

Thanks for taking the time to read this chapter.

 

As always….

 

 

                                        SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!