Chapter 6: One Man's Dream

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

       Later that night, as all the students were in their rooms and sleeping, a figure was walking the hallways. There was no moon that night, so you couldn’t see anything out the windows. The figure looked as though it was floating down the hallway. As it passed an intersecting hallway, it turned and continued walking. But, what the figure didn’t know is that someone just came out of the shadows. The figure continued to walk and it seemed like it was walking toward the cafeteria. The figure could feel someone following them, but they made no notion they knew. Just as the doors of the cafeteria grew closer, a hand reached out and grabbed the figure and suddenly, the figure threw the other figure over their shoulder and onto the floor. The one on the floor….was Hongbin. He groaned as he looked up at the figure standing over him. It was…Mi Young.

Hongbin sighed and said, “Did you have to do that?”

Mi Young rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips saying, “Well, if you didn’t sneak up on me, you wouldn’t be lying on the floor.”

Hongbin sighed and started to get up and said, “Where did you learn a move like that?”

Mi Young smirked and said, “Tao taught me.”

Hongbin raised an eyebrow and said, “Oh, now you’re calling them by first names? They are older than you.”

Mi Young shrugged and said, “So? They told me not to call them oppas, anymore.”

Hongbin sighed and said, “So, where are you going?”

Mi Young looked at Hongbin and said, “I could ask you the same thing?”

Hongbin scratched his head and said, “I…uh…was a little hungry.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “So, am I.”

Hongbin held the door open and said, “Ladies first.”

Mi Young walked in and Hongbin led her into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. Hongbin took out some sandwiches for Mi Young.

Mi Young looked at Hongbin and said, “Won’t we be in trouble when the cooks come in and see the sandwiches are gone?”

Hongbin shook his head and said, “No. They usually leave sandwiches for EXO and VIXX.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “But, aren’t you eating?”

Hongbin nodded and took out an apple and said, “Yeah.”

       Mi Young shook her head and started to eat her sandwich along with a glass of milk. She looked up and watched Hongbin bite into the apple. But, what surprised her is that the apple seem to leak red juices. It covered Hongbin’s mouth and a little ran down his mouth. He wiped it up with a napkin and continued to eat. Hongbin noticed that Mi Young was looking at him. When she saw him staring at her, she turned away and continued to eat.

Hongbin looked at Mi Young and said, “Are you interested?”

Mi Young looked at Hongbin and said, “Interested in what?”

Hongbin said, “The apple. You apparently find it very appealing, because you keep looking at it.”

Mi Young smirked and said, “It’s just an apple. Though it looks delicious.”

Hongbin held the apple out and said, “You want to try it?”

       Mi Young looked at Hongbin and then at the apple. She bit her bottom lip and her lips as she looked at the juicy apple. Mi Young never minded about trying new things. Mi Young took the apple in her hands and put it to her face and breathed in the scent. It had a strange aroma coming from it. One that is very familiar. Mi Young opened and bit into the apple. She handed the apple back to Hongbin and chewed the piece. She knew there was something strange about the apple. It was squishy and had an iron taste to it. She took a napkin and wiped and she gasped when she looked at the napkin and saw a red smear on the napkin.

Mi Young said, “Hongbin oppa, what kind of apple is it?”

Hongbin looked at the apple and swallowed his piece and said, “It’s called a Blood Apple.”

Mi Young’s face paled and she said, “A B..Blood Apple?”

Hongbin nodded and said, “It’s very delicious and very nutritious.”

       Mi Young felt her stomach turn and she ran out of the cafeteria and into the nearest bathroom. She threw up the remains of her sandwich and the apple. She flushed the toilet and looked in the mirror. She could see red all over her teeth and tongue. She took a glass and tried to wash out. Just as he set the glass on the counter, she looked in the mirror again. She gasped when a flash of a woman appeared in the mirror. Mi Young looked behind her but didn’t see anyone. She looked in the mirror again and saw the woman. It scared Mi Young very much and she quickly opened the bathroom door and there stood Hongbin but he looked different. She screamed when she saw fangs and he hissed at her. His eyes were blood red and his face had turned to an ashen grey. Mi Young screamed again and punched him in the stomach causing him to stagger backwards. Mi Young had tears in her eyes as she ran out of the cafeteria and shrieked when she ran into a body. She tried to kick and fight her attacker until she heard a male voice.

Mi Young looked up and saw it was Kris. Mi Young cried out and clung to Kris. He could feel her trembling and he looked over to see Luhan standing next to him and on the other side was Chanyeol. Luhan patted Mi Young’s back to try and calm her. Kris lifted up Mi Young’s chin to look in her eyes.

Kris said, “Mi Young, what happened?”

Mi Young was still very terrified and she said, “H…Hong…bin.”

Luhan and Chanyeol looked at each other and Luhan said, “Mi Young, did Hongbin do anything?”

Mi Young wiped her eyes and said, “He…He gave me an apple. Then….he….” Mi Young looked at Luhan and said, “Is a Vampire!”

       Luhan and Chanyeol immediately ran into the cafeteria as Kris continued to calm down Mi Young. But, when they got into the cafeteria, it was empty. Luhan walked over to the garbage can and looked in. There at the bottom was an eaten apple. Luhan walked over and grabbed some gloves and reached in to take out the apple. He saw that it was a Blood Apple. He threw it back into the garbage and pulled Chanyeol aside.

Luhan said, “It looks like Hongbin offered Mi Young a Blood Apple.”

Chanyeol looked at him and said, “A Blood Apple? But those are reserved only for Vampires.”

Luhan nodded and said, “I know. And Mi Young found out now that Hongbin is a Vampire.”

Chanyeol gritted his teeth and said, “That blood- monster. How could he do that to her?”

Luhan sighed and they walked back out into the hallway and saw Kris still holding onto Mi Young. Luhan looked at Mi Young and said, “Did he try to hurt you?”

Mi Young had calmed down some, but she was still shaking and said, “No. When I opened the bathroom door, he was standing there with….fangs.”

Chanyeol sighed and said, “Mi Young, Hongbin was just trying to be funny. But, he apparently took it too far.”

Mi Young looked at Chanyeol and said, “So, he’s not a Vampire?”

Chanyeol looked at Luhan and Kris, and then back at Mi Young saying, “No. You’re safe.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “The fangs looked so real.”

Luhan nodded and said, “Yeah, I know. Don’t worry. Do you want us to bring you back to your room?”

Mi Young sighed and said, “Can Kris take me instead? I don’t want to go alone.”

Kris nodded and said, “Luhan and Chanyeol, why don’t you guys go to bed. I’ll be right up after I bring Mi Young back to her room.”

Luhan and Chanyeol left and Kris led Mi Young back to her room. He stood outside her door, as seeing he is forbidden to enter a females’ room unless invited. Mi Young smiled and got into bed as she said, “Thank you, Kris.”

Kris nodded and grabbed the door as he closed it saying, “You’re welcome. Goodnight Mi Young.”

After Mi Young was in bed, Kris walked back upstairs and saw the members were standing around, waiting for Kris. Kris said, “What is everyone doing up? I thought I told everyone to go to bed?”

Xiumin said, “How can we sleep, when Mi Young was attacked?”

Kris looked at Luhan and then at Xiumin saying, “Mi Young wasn’t attacked, but I wouldn’t put it past VIXX to try and get to Mi Young. I think that is why Hongbin tried using a Blood Apple on her.”

Lay sighed and said, “I think her stomach couldn’t handle the blood. Not everyone can just ingest blood. Sometimes a body can’t tolerate it. Plus, we don’t know anything about Mi Young’s body.”

Kris looked at Lay and said, “Tomorrow morning, I want you to take a look at Mi Young and find out everything about her.”

Lay said, “You mean…um….look at her body?”

Kris sighed and said, “You’ll have nurses around you. You are a healer, we need to see what could’ve caused her reaction to the blood.”

Lay nodded and said, “I understand.”

Kris yawned and said, “In the meantime, let’s get some sleep for tomorrow.”

All the members of EXO went into their rooms and fell asleep, even though they know that Mi Young was hurt, they needed to keep their strength up.

                The next morning, when all the students woke up and went to their classes, Mi Young was told to go to the nurses’ office. When Mi Young walked in, she saw that it looked like a mini hospital. There were bed lined against the wall and many machines that you would find in a hospital were scattered around, unused until the right time.

A nurse walked over and said, “Mi Young? We were expecting you. Please, come with me.”

Mi Young was brought over to a bed and the nurse laid a patient gown on her bed and walked out as she drew the drapes. The nurse said, “Please put on the gown and lay down on the bed.”

It was a few minutes later, that the nurse called for Lay and when he walked in, Mi Young instantly became shy.

Lay smiled and said, “You don’t have to worry. I may be a student, but I’m also a doctor.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “I see.”

Lay smiled and said, “I want you to lay down on the bed, so that I can check you over.”

Lay had the nurse beside him as he calculated everything to the nurse. She wrote it down on Mi Young’s chart and examined every part of Mi Young, even the private parts. When Lay was finished he took out a syringe and instantly Mi Young became frightened. Lay saw her face and could feel her emotions.

Lay smiled and said, “Don’t worry. Everything is fine. I need to take some blood and examine it.”

Mi Young nodded as she turned her head. She gasped when she felt the needle go in her arm. Soon, Lay was done and he put a little cotton ball on her arm, to stop the blood. After it was done, Lay looked at Mi Young and said, “You can go to your next class. I’ll let you know how everything works out.”

       Mi Young nodded and left. Lay walked over and put the blood in a blender-like machine where it shakes the blood and everything inside it, in order to see everything. When it was done, Lay took a little bit of blood in a petri dish and put it under the microscope. Lay looked through the microscope for almost 30 minutes when he gasped and pushed his chair away. He looked at the nurse and said, “You know not to repeat anything you see here, right?”

The nurse nodded and Lay wrote down his findings and stood up. He walked out of the laboratory and up the stairs to where the other EXO members were. Lay walked over to Kris and held out Mi Young’s chart.

Lay said, “This is Mi Young’s medical chart from today.”

Kris looked at it and said, “Okay, what am I looking at?”

Lay pointed to the dots and said, “This long line are wolf genes.”

Kris smiled and said, “Well that’s good. She is a Werewolf.”

Lay shook his head and said, “But, there was something else. You see this line. It’s in direct line with the Werewolf gene.”

Kris looked at Lay and said, “Are you sure about this?”

Lay nodded and said, “I checked four times, and they came out the same. Kris, you know what this means?”

Kris nods and says, “Yeah. We need to give Mi Young even more extra protection.”

After going to the classes, Mi Young was told to go upstairs and see EXO. She walked up the stairs and wondered what Lay found in her medical checkup. When Mi Young got to the top and opened the door, EXO stopped talking and looked at her.

Mi Young said, “So, Lay, what did you find?”

Lay sighed and said, “I found nothing wrong. You are in perfect health.”

Mi Young smiled and said, “Good.”

Sehun walked over and said, “Mi Young, play another instrument. You already played the piano twice.”

       Mi Young sighed and looked at the instruments until her eyes landed on a violin case. She opened it up and saw the most beautiful violin. It was made from red wood and the strings were of horse hair. There was beautiful filigree all over the face of the violin. She took the bow out and walked over to a chair and moved the chords around so that the sound was beautiful.

       Mi Young was silent and then she put the bottom of the violin under her chin where the chin strap was and she took her other hand and held the bow so that it will create beautiful music. And then Mi Young started to play. It was a very beautiful piece of music. It was a song that her grandmother taught her. It was called ‘On Man’s Dream’. Usually the song is played on a piano, but her grandmother was a famous violinist and she taught Mi Young how to play this song. Mi Young closed her eyes and continued to play. Lay knew the song and he walked over to the piano and started to play it along with Mi Young. The piano and the violin made it even more beautiful. Kris watched as her body moved with the music and how her hands knew which chord to hit and where to move the bow. Mi Young opened her eyes and looked straight at Kris. Suddenly, Kris saw the room change. A beautiful woman in a sapphire dress, black midnight hair, pale complexion and blood red lips was running in a field of flowers. Little butterflies were flying around her. The sky was a beautiful blue and no clouds in the sky. Kris watched as the woman was laughing and running. He looked to his left to see what was chasing her and he couldn’t believe it. It was a huge grey wolf. The woman did not appear to be frightened of this wolf and continued to play with it. The wolf seemed to be enjoying playing with the woman as well. Kris continued to watch as the woman and the wolf played and when they were tired, she sat on her knees in the field with the wolf beside her. She his fur, and Kris could feel a soft touch on his arm, as she continued to the fur. Then suddenly, the scene changed from being happy to being sad. The once beautiful wolf was lying dead in the field and woman was crying. Her gown was torn and had blood spots all over. The woman lifted her head but the scene ended as Kris shook his head and clapped when the song ended.

Mi Young smiled and put the violin back. Kris pulled Luhan, Lay and Suho away and out of the room.

Lay looked at Kris and said, “What’s wrong?”

Kris sighed and said, “I just saw a vision right now.”

Luhan said, “You did? What was it?”

Kris explained his vision and Suho scratched his head saying, “So far the four of us, has had different visions, but with the same woman. What does it mean?”

Kris shrugged and said, “I don’t know. But, it was the oddest feeling. My heart went out to her.”

Luhan, Lay and Suho said, “So did we.”

Suho said, “There is something fishy going on with Mi Young. I wonder if she’ll do the same thing to the others.”

Luhan shrugged and said, “Don’t know. We’ll just have to wait.”

They walked back into the room and Mi Young was showing D.O. how to hold a violin. Whenever there was a scratch, the EXO members would cringe as if nails were scratching down a chalkboard.

Kris sighed and softly said, “Who are you, Mi Young?”

 

To be continued….

 

So what did you think of the chapter?

 

Kris got hypnotized as well.

What could the meaning of the visions be and why are they always different but with the same woman?

And most importantly what was the other line on Mi Young’s chart, aside from her being a Werewolf?

Now we know that Hongbin is a Vampire.

Sorry, you’ll have to wait til these answers eventually show themselves, but I can tell you the answers to them. You’ll just have to enjoy the story and figure out what could be the reason.

I hope you all are enjoying the story. It’s my first story, where I’m having a passion in writing. Not, to say that I didn’t have the passion for the others, but this one just won’t let me go. I’m loving this story.

Thank you for reading the chapter.

 

Please take some time to give me some feedback and upvote.

 

And as always….

 

 

                                 SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!