Chapter 39 - Outside Looking In

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

Everyone looked at Henry as he stood up and spoke the fateful message. They couldn’t believe that Henry would be brave enough to do this. He is after all the pup of Super Junior. Many of the members were voicing their opinions about allowing a pup to be bait.

Leeteuk looked at Henry and said, “Henry, you can’t do this.”

Henry looked at Leeteuk and said, “Why not? Is it because I’m a mere pup? Come on, I’m old enough to understand that my actions could cost me my life.”

Leeteuk sighed and said, “Henry, you’re our youngest. We can’t just send you out and have you get yourself killed.”

Henry said, “It’s not for myself.”

Leeteuk was surprised and said, “It’s not? Then for who?”

Henry said, “Mi Young. She’s the reason why I want to do this.”

Leeteuk remembers that Mi Young and Henry seemed to have become friends real quickly when they met before. Leeteuk wasn’t fond of having Mi Young have a relationship with Henry.

Ryeowook and Zhou Mi walked over and Ryeowook said, “No, Henry. You’re not going to put your life in danger.”

Zhou Mi said, “I forbid Henry from being bait.”

Henry looked at Ryeowook and Zhou Mi and said, “Aw, come on Hyungs. It’s my chance to show you how much I’ve grown up. I’m not a little puppy anymore.”

Zhou Mi grabbed the back of Henry’s neck and said, “Henry, as I said. I forbid you from endangering your life. I am your guardian until you come of age, and right now I am saying right now that you are NOT going to take your life by being bait. Do I make myself clear?”

Henry sighed and said, “But, Zhou Mi…”

Zhou Mi didn’t hear anything more. He practically dragged Henry away from the group and into his office and closed the door.

Heechul snickered and said, “Ooh, someone is in trouble.”

Leeteuk looked at Heechul and said, “Heechul. Stop it.”

Sungmin spoke, “Leeteuk hyung, Henry was right. He’s the only wolf to do this. He’s young, agile and he can run fast.”

Ryeowook shook his head and said, “No. Henry is not doing it. I can’t allow him to lose his life for Mi Young.”

Leeteuk sighed and said, “Zhou Mi IS Henry’s guardian from China. If Zhou Mi says that Henry is not going, then we have to respect his decision.”

Donghae said, “Well, if Henry isn’t going to be bait, who is?”

Leeteuk looked around at everyone and sighed. He walked into his room and found 13 pencils. He put a red marker on the pencil that will be the bait. He put the pencils in a box and walked back out into the living room. He shook the box and the members heard the pencils moving around.

Leeteuk said, “We will have to draw straws, in this case pencils. Do not comment on who has the colored pencil until everyone has picked. That wolf with the colored pencil will be the bait.”

The members looked at each other and sighed. One by one, they walked over and without looking in the box, reached in and plucked out a pencil. They walked away and sat down. They didn’t utter a word. They hid their pencils from each other so that no one saw what the other one had. Once all the pencils have been removed, Leeteuk being the last, he set the box down. He sighed and looked at s.

Leeteuk said, “Look at your pencils. Who is the one with the colored pencil?”

The members raised their pencils as did Leeteuk. They all gasped when they saw that Sungmin had the colored pencil.

Kyunhyun ran over and looked at Leeteuk saying, “I won’t allow Sungmin hyung to go. Pick someone else.”

Sungmin sighed and looked at Kyunhyun, “Kyunhyun, don’t worry. I’ll be fine. I picked the colored pencil. It’s only fair.”

Kyunhyun shook his head and said, “No, Sungmin hyung, don’t leave me.”

Sungmin smiled and held Kyunhyun’s hands and said, “I have to do this Kyunhyun.”

Kyunhyun looked at Sungmin and said, “Why? Why do you want to risk your life?”

Sungmin sighed and said, “Because. I’ll be a better man if I can show everyone and myself that I can do a lot more than just sitting around.”

Kyunhyun held on to Sungmin as they walked toward Leeteuk. Sungmin, a few times, tried to force Kyunhyun off, but he stuck on to Sungmin.

Sungmin said, “Leeteuk hyung, when do you want me to go?”

Leeteuk saw how much Kyunhyun didn’t want to let go of Sungmin and he said, “As soon as you can. Kyunhyun!”

Kyunhyun looked at Leeteuk.

Leeteuk said, “Let go of Sungmin. He has a job to do.”

Kyunhyun shook his head and said, “No. I can’t let Sungmin hyung go.”

Leeteuk narrowed his eyes at his disrespectful cub and walked over to Kyunhyun and practically ripped Kyunhyun away from Sungmin.

Kyunhyun cried out for Sungmin, but Leeteuk held on.

Leeteuk watched as Sungmin ran into his room to get ready. Leeteuk forced Kyunhyun to look at him and said, “Stop crying, Kyunhyun. This is Sungmin’s job. He wants to show you and the rest of the group that he is capable of taking care of himself.”

Kyunhyun sniffled and said, “I’m afraid that Sungmin won’t come back to us.”

Leeteuk sighed and said, “Sungmin will come back. All he’s going to do is lead the enemy from the mouth of the cave so that we can go in and rescue Mi Young.”

Kyunhyun sighed and walked over and sat down on the sofa and looked at the floor. His ears perked up when he saw Sungmin walk out of the bedroom. A tear ran down Kyunhyun’s cheek as he looked at the floor again.

Sungmin knelt in front of Kyunhyun and said, “Hyunnie, don’t worry. I’ll be back before you know it. Just be patient and have confidence in me.”

Kyunhyun looked at Sungmin and said, “Please be safe.”

Sungmin smiled and gave Kyunhyun a hug and said, “I will be safe.”

Sungmin stood up and walked out of the house. He sighed and he walked back toward the cave. He tried to calm his nerves, but they were a mess. He knew that he had to do something now, or Mi Young could be killed. Sungmin changed into a black and white wolf.

Sungmin, as a wolf, walked over to the cave and he growled at the guards who were standing at the mouth of the cave. Sungmin looked at Joon, Mir and Thunder and he growled at them. Mir narrowed his eyes at Sungmin and they aimed their guns at him, and when they fired, Sungmin turned and ran away from the cave.

Junsu walked out and said, “What’s going on?”

Joon looks at Junsu and said, “A wolf.”

Junsu said, “Then go after the wolf and kill it.”

Junsu watched as Joon, Mir and Thunder all ran after Sungmin, and Junsu looked out at the forest and then walked back into the cave.

Yesung walked over to Leeteuk and said, “They took the bait.”

Leeteuk nodded and said, “Then, we do what we need to do.”

The rest of Super Junior walked toward the door when they heard the door in the back open and close. They turned and saw Zhou Mi walk out of the door. He walked toward them.

Leeteuk said, “How’s Henry?”

Zhou Mi sighed and said, “Henry’s not doing very well. He’s pissed and I was finally able to get him to calm down and sleep. He’s not going to stay for long. Leeteuk hyung, Henry is pretty powerful, even if he is just a pup.”

Leeteuk sighed and said, “Yeah, I know. That’s why I don’t want to use Henry. But, we need to keep Henry inside until he is needed.”

Zhou Mi nodded and said, “I understand.”

Leeteuk and the members walked out of the house and made their way toward the cave.

They stopped in front of the cave and looked at each other. They silently and slowly walked into the cave. They walked through the cave, but came upon no one. They noticed that the cave was very long and deep. They came upon a wide open spot and they could tell that Mi Young was sitting on the ground. They continued walking toward the back, and then they got the shock of their life. It was a huge opening leading into the forest. They stopped and looked at each other again.

Heechul says, “What do we do now?”

Leeteuk looked at Heechul and said, “Well, we ARE wolves and we know the forest. Let’s go and find Mi Young.”

The members snickered and suddenly out from the cave ran 12 wolves and into the forest. The wolves ran through the forest at full speed and jumped over fallen trees. They growled and looked around and smelled the ground for any sign of Mi Young.

They passed many hunters and animals in the forest but right now their sights are on finding Mi Young. When they finally have run all they could, they stopped at a stream. Siwon ran across the stream and sniffed around, but the scent disappeared. They were at a loss with finding Mi Young. Yesung put his head back and howled at the sun. Soon, the others did the same thing.

Meanwhile, farther into the forest Seungho, G.O, Shane, Junsu and Mi Young stopped and they turned and heard the howling. It was far away, but they could tell by the howls that the wolves were upset. Junsu smiled and turned back to Mi Young. He turned her around and pushed her to continue walking.

Super Junior turned back into human form and looked around the area. But, there were no tracks. It’s like Mi Young and her company completely disappeared.

Donghae looked at Leeteuk and said, “What do we do now?”

Leeteuk sighed and started to pace. The members knew that when Leeteuk paced he was thinking about something that required everyone to be quiet.

Finally, after 20 minutes of pacing, Leeteuk looked at Kibum and said, “I want you to go back to the cave and get Zhou Mi and Henry. Explain to them where we stopped. We have to use their senses this time.”

Kibum said, “So, that means Henry is free?”

Leeteuk nodded and said, “Yeah. He has the best senses than we do.”

Kibum nodded and turned back into a wolf. He ran toward their den.

Han Geng looks at Leeteuk and said, “My senses are still pretty good, but I can’t seem to track them. How do we know that Henry and Zhou Mi will be able to do better?”

Leeteuk smirked and said, “Henry and Zhou Mi haven’t been corrupted yet. They are still pure and innocent. Their senses are 100 times more sensitive than ours. I didn’t want to use Henry, but he’s our go to when we are in trouble.”

Han Geng sighs and says, “Let’s just hope that Henry and Zhou Mi will be able to find Mi Young.”

Leeteuk nodded and said, “Yeah, me too.”

Meanwhile, Kibum ran at full speed back to the den. He burst through the door and Zhou Mi walked out of the kitchen and saw a sweaty Kibum.

Zhou Mi walked toward Kibum and said, “Kibum, what’s wrong? Where is everyone?”

Kibum was breathing hard and after a few breaths finally said, “Leeteuk hyung, he needs you and Henry.”

Zhou Mi opened his mouth until he heard a door open and he turned around to see Henry. Henry smirked as he looked at Kibum.

Back in the forest, Ryeowook walked over and said, “Just got word, Kibum made it safely back to the den. He told Zhou Mi hyung and Henry. They are on the hunt.”

Leeteuk nodded and smiled saying, “Now we wait.”

Eunhyuk said, “Wait for what?”

Donghae stood next to Eunhyuk and said, “For Henry and Zhou Mi hyungs signal.”

Zhou Mi and Henry practically flew through the forest. They were more agile and graceful than their Korean members. Henry stopped and sniffed around to make sure they didn’t lose the scent. Finally, Henry continued to run along with Zhou Mi. Nothing stood in their way as they ran through the forest and they locked on Mi Young’s scent as they chased after them.

Finally, after what seemed like hours running, they came upon a camp. It was the camp they were looking for. Henry saw Mi Young sitting next to Junsu and he was talking and smiling at Mi Young. Henry’s stomach churned as he watched the interaction.

Zhou Mi pulled Henry away and he pulled out his phone. He texted Leeteuk and waited for the response.

Leeteuk looked at his phone as it buzzed. It read: ‘At the older part of the forest. Found Mi Young.’

Leeteuk looked at the other members and said, “We’re on.”

 

To be continued…

Sorry for the cliffhanger, I want the next chapter to have action in it. So, what did you think of this chapter?

  • EXO and VIXX are still not in this chapter.
  • Henry wanted to be the bait.
  • They all drew pencils and Sungmin was the bait.
  • Even though Zhou Mi is the healer of the group, he is the guardian of Henry.
  • Shane, MBLAQ assassins and one of the Creators, Junsu have Mi Young.

I’m sorry that I don’t have VIXX or EXO in the other chapters or in this one. At the moment, the scene is still in the forest, where Super Junior know much about. Once Mi Young is freed, she’ll be back with EXO and VIXX.

Thanks to everyone who stayed and waited patiently for the next chapter. I’ve been busy dealing with work, school and other things that happen in my life.

So, if you haven’t already, please subscribe to the story, leave some feedback on what you thought of the story and upvote.

 

                                                   SUBSCRIBE…..COMMENT….and….UPVOTE!