Chapter 28 - Finally Home

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

               Two months have passed since Mi Young’s attack. Mi Young has healed nicely thanks to Zhou Mi and his medicine. Super Junior have been spending a lot of time with Mi Young. They have been showing her how to fight and live off the land. During the time spent with Super Junior, Mi Young hasn’t changed into a wolf or a vampire. Mi Young wonders if it was because of EXO and VIXX in the same school. Speaking of those two groups, Mi Young hadn’t thought about them for two months. Even though she couldn’t stand them most of the time, she did miss them. EXO was the group that helped her through school. Mi Young knew that she’ll have to leave Super Junior and go back to EXO and VIXX.

While Mi Young was healing, she was spending time with Henry. Little Henry has been depressed after leaving Mi Young and when she went to see him, he was afraid she would hurt him. But, she only put her arms around him and gave him a hug. She told him to ‘not worry about it’. After that Mi Young and Henry were inseparable, even though Leeteuk wasn’t happy seeing them together, he was pleased to see Mi Young and Henry smiling again. 

Leeteuk made the choice to not tell Mi Young about the Creator. He didn’t want her to worry about it and make her body not heal. Super Junior agreed, but they also chose not to tell Henry, for fear that it might spill from his lips if he’s cornered.

At the end of the two months, Leeteuk knew that it was time to say good-bye to Mi Young. Leeteuk got all the Super Junior members together and they stood in front of Mi Young.

Mi Young smiled at each of them and said, “Don’t worry, I’ll be back. Besides, I’ll be in the school, so I’m not too far away.”

Leeteuk nodded and said, “Mi Young, you are welcome anytime you want to come and visit us. We enjoyed your presence.”

Mi Young blushed and bowed saying, “Thank you Leeteuk. I enjoyed myself as well, but I had a feeling that my time spent with you would be short lived.”

Super Junior bowed and said good-bye to Mi Young.

Mi Young looked at Henry, who had tears running down his face. Zhou Mi stood next to Henry and had his arm around Henry’s shoulder.

Mi Young walked over and said, “Henry, why are you crying?”

Henry wiped his nose and said, “Because, you’re leaving us.”

Mi Young wiped Henry’s eyes and said, “I know, but I won’t be far.”

Henry sighed and said, “I enjoyed spending the time with you, and now you’re leaving.”

Mi Young smiled and said, “I enjoyed spending the time with you too, Henry. But, you know that I don’t belong in the forest.”

Henry nodded and said, “Yes you do. You’re a wolf.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “Henry, you know that’s not true. I’m a hybrid. I can’t live in the forest.”

Henry looked at Mi Young and said, “Why not? Super Junior can protect you. You can stay here forever. Please, Mi Young.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “Henry, stop it.”

Henry bit his bottom lip and whimpered.

Mi Young sighed and lifted Henry’s head which hung and she said, “Stop being selfish. You’re a young man now. I want to stay with Super Junior as well, but you know I can’t. I don’t belong in the forest. I’m a student, and a hybrid.”

Henry stomped his foot and said, “Quit calling yourself a hybrid!”

Mi Young shrugged and said, “Why not? It’s what I am. I can’t call myself a werewolf, or a vampire. I’m a hybrid. That’s what I am.”

Henry sighed and said, “I know, but Mi Young. Please stay…even for a little while longer.”

Mi Young sighed and looked at Zhou Mi.

Zhou Mi sighed and said, “Henry, stop this. You’re not a little kid anymore. Mi Young has a life, she needs to be with her friends.”

Henry looks up at Zhou Mi and said, “But, I thought WE’RE her friends?”

Zhou Mi sighed and said, “We are. But, remember EXO were friends of Mi Young before us. She needs to go back to them.”

Henry looks at Mi Young and said, “They don’t even like you. That’s why you were brought here, Mi Young.”

Mi Young glared at Henry and said, “STOP IT! Henry. Don’t you say another word about EXO. They are friends of mine, just as you and Super Junior are. I’ll be going back to them and I don’t want to hear another word from you about it.”

Henry burst into tears and ran back into the den.

Zhou Mi looks at Mi Young and said, “Don’t worry about it. He’ll be fine.”

Mi Young smiled and said, “Zhou Mi, please take care of him. He needs someone to be with him.”

Zhou Mi nodded and said, “I will. You take care of yourself too.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “I will.”

               Mi Young turned and looked out into the forest. She knew that she’ll have to see EXO and VIXX sooner or later. Mi Young stepped through the forest and walked on the trail leading back to the school. Mi Young wondered how long it will take to get back to the school. It felt about three hours since she left Super Junior’s den, but it only took an hour. Mi Young soon saw the bricks of the school. Mi Young finally stepped out of the forest and saw the school finally in front of her. Mi Young breathed in deeply and walked to the door. She opened it and was shocked to not see any students walking around. Then she remembered that all the students were in their classes. Mi Young sighed in relief as she made her way down the hall and found the stairs leading to EXO’s rooms. Mi Young walked the hallway and finally got to the music room. But, when she got there the lights were off and no one was in the room. Mi Young walked out of the room and went looking in the other rooms that EXO frequented and it was like the school was deserted. Mi Young sighed and walked back to the music room and opened the door. She walked down the aisle and headed toward the instruments. Mi Young picked up the violin case and opened it. She took the violin and the bow out of the case and opened the windows. She stood in the middle of the room looking at the windows and closed her eyes. She put the chin part of the violin against her chin and laid the bow on the violin strings. Then she started to play.

The beautiful melody of “Amazing Grace” gracefully filled the room and floated out the window onto the morning breeze. The music floated on the breeze and made its way to some people on a field playing soccer, softball and football. They were running and catching the balls or hitting the ball off the field. There was laughing and jumping around just as the breeze passed by them.

Just then one of the people stopped and stood up. It was D.O. He smiled and looked at the others and said, “Quiet! Listen!”

The other boys stopped and listened. Just as the breeze blew again, they heard the sound of Amazing Grace.

Kai looked at D.O. and said, “So what? It’s Amazing Grace. Everyone knows how to play it at the school.”

Kai was ready with his football when D.O. said, “Maybe, but why would it sound so clear?”

Kai looked at D.O. with a confused expression and said, “What? You are talking nonsense.”

D.O. looks at Suho and said, “You hear it, right?”

Suho nods and says, “Yeah, I hear it.”

D.O. smiled and said, “Don’t you get it?!” Then he turns and runs back toward the school.

Suho looks at D.O. and called out, “KYUNGSOO! GET BACK HERE!”

The other EXO members heard Suho cry out and saw D.O. running back to the school.

Lay walked over and said, “What’s going on?”

Suho shrugged and said, “I don’t know. D.O. started running back to the school, because someone is playing Amazing Grace.”

After a few minutes of Suho explaining to the others about the person playing the music they run back to the school. They walk up the stairs and stop a few feet away from the door. They were shocked, there was D.O. standing in front of the door and staring through the window of the door. They could hear the sound of the music coming through the door.

Suho walked over and said, “D.O. what’s going on?”

D.O. turned to look at Suho and he had tears in his eyes. He pointed to the door.

Suho looked over and opened the door. The song was flooding the hallway, as EXO walked into the music room and saw a woman standing in the center of the room with her back to them. She had long black hair and she was playing on the violin so gracefully. Some of the members stood in the aisle while the others sat down in the chairs and closed their eyes and listened to the music.

Once the song was done, EXO just couldn’t believe that a woman would be in their music room and playing Amazing Grace beautifully. They were in awe. Just then they saw her turn around. Their mouths fell open when they saw that it was none other than….Mi Young.

D.O. jumped up and cried, “MI YOUNG!”

Mi Young smiled when she saw D.O. run down the aisle over to her and wrap his arms around her shoulders.

Mi Young looked up at the others and they hadn’t moved from their spot.

D.O. turned around and said, “Come on, guys. It’s Mi Young. She’s back.”

Suho walked down the aisle and then Kris walked next. Soon all of EXO walked toward Mi Young…except for two. Mi Young looked up to see Luhan and Kai standing by the door. Mi Young moved away from the other members and didn’t dare move toward Luhan.

               Mi Young looked up at Luhan and said, “Luhan, I want to tell you how sorry I am for what I did to you. I never meant to hurt you, and my heart broke when I learned that I hurt you so badly that you could’ve died. I know it will take some time to heal the wounds, but I want you to know how I felt. I never came to see you, because I was too scared of what you might do, if you were to see me. So, I stayed with Super Junior, but I never forgot EXO or you. You never deserved any of the pain that I gave you. And if I have to apologize to you every day…I will.”

Tears filled Mi Young’s eyes and overflowed as the tears ran down her cheeks. Mi Young bent at the waist and hung her head as she said, “I am sorry, Luhan. Please forgive me.”

EXO stood behind her and was shocked at her display. They looked at Luhan and saw him walking down the aisle and stood in front of Mi Young. Sehun started to walk toward Luhan just in case something should happen between Luhan and Mi Young. But, nothing did. Luhan took a few steps forward and lifted Mi Young so that she wasn’t bent and he wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

Mi Young was shocked at first, but then she closed her eyes as she wrapped her arms around Luhan’s waist.

Luhan said, “Mi Young, there is nothing to forgive. I know that it wasn’t you that hurt me. You wouldn’t hurt any of us. Do not burden yourself over this anymore.”

Mi Young put her face against Luhan’s shoulder and just sobbed her heart out. Luhan held her tightly as he felt her sobs wrack her body. Luhan looked at the others with worry in his eyes.

Suho sighed and said, “I think she had so much built up, it was waiting to come out. I think hearing your voice to not worry…helped her to release her emotions.”

Luhan held Mi Young as she continued to cry. Suho was right, all her emotions from when she attacked Luhan was stuck inside, and not once did she cry while with Super Junior. She so desperately wanted to hear those words from Luhan.

After crying for a while, Mi Young pulled away from Luhan and he wiped her tears. She looked up and saw Kai still standing there. Luhan turned to look and said, “Kai, come here.”

Kai didn’t move even though Kris, Suho and Luhan called him. Suho looked at Kris and then back at Kai.

Suho said, “Jongin come down here.”

Kai shook his head and turned back around and walked out of the music room. EXO all looked at each other and Mi Young sighed.

In the pool room, sat Kai. He sat on the ledge and had his barefeet in the water. Kai didn’t hear anyone come in until he felt someone sit next to him. He turned and gasped when it was Mi Young.

Mi Young took her shoes and socks off and dipped her feet in the water.

Mi Young looked at the water and said, “You know, someone once said that water is a great stress reliever. Sometimes when you sit by a lake or the ocean, you can just close your eyes and listen to the sound of the waves and the music from the birds. You become one with nature when you sit and listen.”

Kai looked back at the pool and said, “Mi Young….”

Mi Young looked at Kai.

Kai, without looking at Mi Young, said, “I’m sorry. I never meant to hurt you. But, after seeing what you did to Luhan….I don’t know, something just snapped. At the time I couldn’t apologize to you.”

Mi Young just sat there and listened.

Kai said, “When you’re a part of EXO, you’re a part of a family. When you see someone hurt a family member, your only instinct is to hurt the person. I saw red when you hurt Luhan. I vowed to make sure that I protect my hyungs and dongsaengs.” Kai sighed and said, “But, I failed.”

Mi Young bit her bottom lip and put her hand on Kai hand and he looked at her. Mi Young said, “I understand, Kai. After seeing what happened when Shane and I were kids, I wanted to protect him, but instead big brothers are supposed to protect their little siblings. My brother gave up his life to protect me. Kai, you didn’t fail. If I was in your shoes, I would’ve done the same thing.”

Kai’s eyes went wide and he said, “Really?”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Yes. I don’t like anyone hurting my family. But, Kai….I never told anyone this….but I envy you.” Mi Young looked at the pool and then at her lap.

Kai was confused and said, “You envy me? Why?”

Mi Young sighed and cleared saying, “You have a family. I lost mine.”

Kai felt his heart break when he heard Mi Young speak about losing Shane. Mi Young had made it a point to never speak about Shane and she’s done a great job in keeping her feelings hidden, but coming back to EXO and seeing Luhan walking around and then hearing Kai apologize, her emotions came out.

Kai was silent and looked at Mi Young and said, “You have a family.”

Mi Young looked at Kai and he could see tears in her eyes. Kai said, “WE are your family. Shane was your family by blood, but EXO are a family that was brought together.”

Mi Young smiled and said, “Thank you, Kai.”

Kai smiled and he looked at the time and started to stand up saying, “We’ll, we better get back to the music room, or the hyungs are going to be looking for us.”

               Mi Young nodded and she was about to get up, when she saw a hand in front of her face. Kai was bent down and held a hand out for her. Mi Young smiled and took his hand and he helped her up. They dried off their feet, and put their socks and shoes back on. They walked down the hallway, to the music room when Mi Young stopped and turned around. Mi Young felt something was different in the upstairs dorm. Mi Young walked and opened the door to the music room, and she heard music coming from it. She smiled when she saw all 12 members of EXO dancing around.

Mi Young walked down the aisle to where EXO was and then the door opened. Everyone stopped and saw the Dean walk in with another person.

The Dean and the person walked down the aisle and they were standing in front of EXO and Mi Young. The Dean smiled and said, “Hello everyone.”

Everyone bowed to the Dean. Kris looked at him and said, “Dean Park, what can we do for you?”

Dean Jinyoung Park looked at Kris and turned to the person standing next to him and said, “I want you to meet a young man that came to the school. He’s only hear to observe the “special” people here.”

Suho spoke up and said, “Special as in EXO?”

Dean Park nodded and said, “Yes. He knows about the wolves that are here in the school. He was sworn to secrecy.”

EXO looked at the man and bowed to him. The man bowed to EXO.

Kris said, “What’s his name?”

The Dean looked at the man and then at Kris saying, “He calls himself ‘Rain’.”

Kris looked at Rain and he had to look away because of Rain’s piercing gaze.

Rain looked at Mi Young and said, “Who is she?”

Mi Young looked at Rain and then at the Dean.

The Dean said, “That is Mi Young. She recently came to this school.”

Rain nodded and said, “Is she a wolf too?”

The Dean was silent and then said, “Yes. She is.”

EXO looked at each other and were confused as to why the Dean would label Mi Young as a ‘wolf’, when she was a ‘hybrid’.

The Dean said, “Well, I just wanted to bring Mr. Rain here and I would appreciate it if you guys could show him around.”

The Dean walked out of the room and everyone looked at Rain.

Sehun broke the silence after almost an hour and said, “So, he calls you Rain. Is that really your name?”

Rain looks at Sehun and said, “Maybe.”

Sehun looked at Rain and said, “Come on, tell us what you’re real name is.”

Rain glared at Sehun and said, “If I were you…puppy…I would keep my mouth shut.”

Sehun gritted his teeth and was about to lunge at Rain, if Luhan hadn’t held Sehun back and walked away.

Rain looked at Mi Young and he started to walk toward her. He stopped in front of her and looked her up and down. He stopped at her eyes and saw how blue they were and how lost you can get if you look in her eyes.

Rain said, “So, you’re a wolf.”

Mi Young nodded and looked away.

Rain was silent and then he lowered his voice and said, “You’re not a wolf….you’re a hybrid.”

Mi Young looked at Rain and she saw his eyes turn yellow.

 

To be continued…

So what did you think of this chapter? Who is Rain and what is his intention at the school?

 

  • Mi Young went back to EXO
  • Luhan forgave Mi Young for attacking him, and Kai apologized to Mi Young for attacking her.
  • Dean Jinyoung (J.Y. Park) introduced a stranger to the school. His alias is ‘Rain’.
  • Even though Dean Park said that Mi Young is a wolf, Rain could tell she was a hybrid.

 

Thank you for waiting patiently for the next chapter. I was already writing the story, but had to deal with some homework and my job. I finally had a day off today and decided to finish the chapter.

Please take some time and subscribe to the story if you haven’t already, and if you could upvote, I’d appreciate it.

 

And as always….

                                                                               

                                                                SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!!!