Chapter 11 - The Reason

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

               The school was quiet. Many of the students had either retired to their rooms, went to the library, spent some time outside or went with some friends to the mall. Of course, no one is allowed up the stairs where EXO and VIXX usually room. But, at this moment the only sound you hear through the school is the sound of the piano. A slow song was being played.

                Inside the music room, EXO sat in chairs while Shane stood next to the piano. He leaned on it and was watching Mi Young. He wanted to see at what point the last three of EXO would be affected by her musical power. Shane watched as Mi Young closed her eyes and continued to play. He watched her fingers and the way she held her head and shoulders. He turned his head to look at EXO and he could see that the boys were all entranced. That’s when he saw it. The unmistakable stare. It was Chanyeol.

               Chanyeol had closed his eyes and then opened them to see a different room. It wasn’t the music room. It was at a train station. Chanyeol looked around at all the people walking around and talking. He felt out of place standing there, but he knew they wouldn’t be able to see him. He heard the train whistle and he saw a woman in a blue gown talking to a man. He could tell that the woman was crying, but the man kept shaking his head. The man handed the woman an envelope and then picked up his luggage and walked to the train. The woman walked over to a bench and sat down. She opened the envelope and took out the contents. The minute she read the message, she started to cry. Chanyeol walked over and stood behind the bench. He looked down and saw a picture of a man and the woman in blue. They looked so happy, but the message was something else.

The message said,

                ‘Dear ~~~~~,

                       I am sorry for everything. I’m sorry I let you down.

                Please continue to live on and don’t worry about what

                happens to me. I hope one day that we can put our past

                behind us and be together again.

                                                                                Love,

                                                                                ~~~~~~~

               Chanyeol couldn’t read the person who wrote the letter, or the woman who received it. Too many of her tears ruined the names. Chanyeol sighed and walked in front of the woman and just as he bent down there was an explosion and they both looked to see the train had suddenly exploded, sending parts flying every which way. Chanyeol moved out of the way and when it stopped raining train parts, Chanyeol looked around and saw bodies everywhere on the floor. The train was still burning, as the fire crew came to put it out. Chanyeol looked around and gasped when he saw the woman in blue lying on the floor. She was bleeding from a piece of wood was stuck in her chest. Puddles of blood was coming out from underneath the woman. Chanyeol knelt down and saw the woman open her eyes. He gasped again as he saw the woman was pale with black midnight hair. Her blood red lips shined even more with the blood that was coming out of . But, what entranced him was her deep sapphire eyes. She looked right at him and said something but he couldn’t quite make out what she said. Soon, after she died and Chanyeol blinked his eyes as the song ended.  Chanyeol looked around and saw EXO, Shane and Mi Young looking at him. Chanyeol stood up and ran out of the room with his hand over his mouth.

Baekhyun stood up and ran after Chanyeol. After an hour, Baekhyun came back and said, “Chanyeol’s vision caused his stomach to get upset. He’s throwing up.”

EXO looked at each other and Shane said, “Is he okay?”

Baekhyun sat down and nodded saying, “Yeah, he’s fine. But, apparently his vision was too much for him.”

Shane looked at Mi Young and saw that she looked sad. Shane said, “Mi Young, what’s wrong?”

Mi Young looked up at Shane and said, “It’s my fault that Chanyeol is throwing up.”

Shane walked over and sat down next to Mi Young and said, “It’s not your fault. It’s the music. It creates a vision of whatever emotion is coming from the piano. It’s so beautiful, that we make our own visions and it turns out the visions mean something but we don’t know what it is.”

Kris spoke up and said, “Chen and Tao are the only ones left.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “Don’t remind me.”

               It was silent in the room and Mi Young closed her eyes again. She put her hands on the piano keys again as she felt Shane stand up and walk over on the other side of the piano. He watched Mi Young start to play. As Mi Young was playing, Shane walked over to the other EXO and told them to step out of the room for a while. Shane walked back in and watched as Tao and Chen were the only ones sitting in the chairs. Shane stood in the back and watched Mi Young. He saw her open her eyes and then close them. He walked over to where Tao and Chen were sitting and saw a tear run down Tao’s cheek and then he knew.

                Tao opened his eyes and saw a woman in a blue gown dancing around. He smiled as she twirled, her dress moved with her. He saw her dance on her toes and she looked so free. He was so engrossed in her dancing that he didn’t see on her right a pack of wolves were watching her. He turned to look and saw the wolves look right at him. Tao looked to the left and gasped when he saw vampires watching the woman. Tao knew that something is going to happen. He tried to move to stop them before anything happened, but he felt like he was rooted to the ground. He could only watch in horror as the once beautiful woman had blood all over her and her dress. He saw that she had pale skin and blood red lips and she continued to dance even though the vampires and wolves were tearing each other apart. When the battle finally ended, only one from each side was alive. They turned to look at the woman and Tao saw them run after her. The vampire grabbed her arm and bit into her neck causing her eyes to open in agony. The wolf transformed into a man, and he bit the other side of her neck causing her to cry out. As the woman’s strength was leaving her, she fell to the ground and the vampire and werewolf stood facing each other. Their mouths were covered with the woman’s blood. Tao watched as the werewolf looked at Tao and the vampire turned to look at him. Tao looked down at the woman and her eyes were open, and he could see the sapphire eyes. Tao shook his head and he saw that he was back in the music room. Tears were running down his face.

Mi Young and Shane looked at Tao and Shane said, “Devastating vision?”

Tao nodded and said, “Yes. I don’t understand it.”

Shane nodded and said, “I know. That is why we have to continue till everyone has seen a vision. Tao, go out into the hallway with the others.”

Tao looked at Chen and then he stood up as he wiped his eyes. Chen was alone with Shane and Mi Young.

Chen said, “Are you really going to play for me?”

Shane nodded and said, “She has too. We have to know the outcome of the visions.”

Chen nodded and said, “Okay. I’m ready.”

               Mi Young stood up and walked over to Shane. She whispered in his ear and then she walked over to the violin. Shane walked over to the piano. Shane sat down and watched as Mi Young got the violin all ready. Mi Young breathed in deeply and nodded to Shane. Shane started to play on the piano as Mi Young played on the violin, a beautiful yet sad song. Once the violin started to play, the door opened and in walked the other EXO, but they stayed back to watch Chen. It took a few minutes and then Chen got a lump in his throat. He closed his eyes as a tear ran down his cheek. A vision appeared.

                Chen opened his eyes and saw a battlefield. Bodies were lying on the ground. Many of them were so disfigured that you couldn’t tell if it was a man or a woman. Chen could smell the blood as he walked past the bodies. He could feel the grass under his feet squish with each step, as the blood seeped into the ground. He heard crying and looked over to see a woman. She was trying to get up. Chen ran over to help her out, but just as he got to her, the sun peeked out from behind a cloud and he watched as the woman burst into flames. He knew that she was a vampire. As the cloud moved, Chen could see clearly what happened. Many of the bodies burst into flames and the other bodies were men and women. Chen couldn’t believe what he was seeing. The ground was a battlefield between vampires and werewolves. He looked down the way, and saw many homes were burning. The vampires must’ve burnt many of the homes.

As Chen continued to walk, he heard a voice behind him. It was a little girl. She didn’t seem to be a vampire. Chen smiled at her and walked over and knelt down in front of her.

“What are you doing here? Where are your parents?”

The little girl pointed and said, “They are the ones that are dead.”

Chen sighed and said, “What happened here?”

The little girl sighed and said, “Vampires and werewolves fought, and many died.”

Chen nodded and said, “Yes, I noticed. We should find a place for you to stay.”

The little girl shook her head and said, “No. I’m not going to live long. I bring you a message. You are the last one.”

Chen said, “The last one? What do you mean?”

The little girl sighed and said, “You’re the last one to hear the music.”

Chen said, “Music? Do you hear it?”

The little girl nodded and said, “Yes. I’ve heard it many times. It’s so sad, but beautiful.”

Chen nodded and said, “It is.”

The little girl said, “She’s over there.”

Chen said, “Who is?”

The little girl pointed and looked toward the forest and said, “The woman in blue. She’s the reason for the visions.”

Chen stood up and looked at the little girl and said, “Who are you?”

The little girl shrugged and said, “No one you need to know. But, the woman, she’s been walking the forest for many years. She’s the reason for the music and the visions.”

Chen cocked his head to the side and said, “What do you mean?”

The little girl said, “The one playing the music….she’s a hybrid.”

Chen’s eyes went wide and said, “A hybrid? But, they aren’t real.”

The little girl nodded and said, “They are. She’s a vampire and a werewolf. Protect her. She is the key.”

               Just then the little girl fell to the ground and died. Chen looked in horror as she died and he looked around. He ran over to the forest and took a step into the forest. He walked and listened for anything but it was silent. Just then he caught a glimpse of something a few feet away from him. He stopped to look and couldn’t believe that the legend was true. It was the woman in blue. She had pale skin, black midnight hair and blood red lips. She walked past him and then stopped. She turned her head to look at him and he saw she had sapphire blue eyes. He heard howling off in the distance and the woman faded away. Was it a ghost that he saw? Chen blinked his eyes and saw that he was back in the music room. Mi Young and Shane finished the song and they looked at him.

Shane said, “Well, what was your vision?”

Chen looked over to see the other EXO members walk over and he looked back at Shane and Mi Young. He said, “The vision…is something devastating.”

Xiumin walked over and said, “Chen, what did you see?”

Chen looked at Xiumin and said, “Vampires…and…” He looked over at Shane and Mi Young, and said, “Werewolves. They fought and killed one another on a battlefield. Blood was everywhere.”

Shane said, “Was that it?”

Chen shook his head and said, “No. I…saw a little girl. She spoke to me.”

Luhan said, “She spoke to you? What did she say?”

Chen shrugged and said, “She mentioned something about a hybrid.”

Sehun looked at everyone and said, “A hybrid? What’s that?”

Kris spoke, “A hybrid is a rare creature. It was created by forming vampire and werewolf cells. It’s a dangerous combination and it is deadly.”

Lay said, “So, what about this hybrid? Do we know anything about it?”

Chen looked over at Mi Young and said, “She told me that the one playing the music…was the hybrid.”

Mi Young just stood there and didn’t say anything.

Chen said, “Is that true? Are you the hybrid?”

Shane walked over to Mi Young and looked into her eyes. He saw what he needed to know. Shane sighed and turned around to look at EXO and said, “Mi Young….is….the hybrid.”

EXO gasped and took a few steps away from them. D.O. said, “Then, does that make you a hybrid too Shane?”

Shane shook his head and said, “No. As seeing we’re twins, I don’t have that. I’m just a wolf. Twins can’t be hybrids.”

Luhan said, “So, what does that mean for us?”

Shane sighed and said, “It’s your choice, Luhan. EXO, the ones with the powers, can protect a hybrid, or you can walk away and let her be killed. Mi Young never knew about her powers, until she came here. She didn’t even know she was a hybrid. Mi Young is a very special girl, but now that you know what she is, you can protect her or give her to VIXX.”

Kris spoke up and said, “Wait, Chen has something else to say.”

Chen looked at Shane and said, “The girl also mentioned that Mi Young is the key. What key is she talking about?”

Shane looked at Mi Young and then at EXO saying, “She’s the treaty….between the vampires and werewolves.”

Baekhyun said, “A treaty? I thought it was only on paper?”

Shane nodded and said, “It usually is, but they decided to create a hybrid as a treaty, hoping one day the two forces will come together.”

As Shane walked over to EXO and was talking to them, Mi Young set the violin down and turned to look out the window. So, much was going on in her life. Her brother is alive and came for her, she found out she is a hybrid, and that her brother is a wolf. She doesn’t understand what is going on.

She didn’t sense anyone next to her until she heard someone say, “How are you holding up?”

Mi Young turned to look and saw Luhan standing next to her. Mi Young sighed and looked back out through the window and said, “I’m so confused. I don’t know what to believe.”

Luhan sighed and said, “What does your heart believe?”

Mi Young sighed and said, “It believes what Shane is saying, but I’m trying to get my head to understand it all. I must look like a freak to all of you.”

Luhan looked at Mi Young and said, “Why would you say that? You’re not a freak.”

Mi Young looked at Luhan and said, “Oh? My brother is a wolf, and I’m a hybrid. All twelve of you are just ordinary boys who found out that this “special” girl is a monster.”

Mi Young turned and started to walk away from everyone. She heard Shane calling her, but she drowned him out. Luhan turned around and watched Mi Young walk away.

“YOU’RE WRONG! MI YOUNG!” Luhan shouted.

Mi Young stopped and turned around saying, “Oh? What am I wrong about?”

Luhan started to walk toward her and said, “You’re not a freak. You ARE a special girl. And the twelve of us are NOT ordinary boys.”

Mi Young looked at Luhan and said, “Oh? And what are you?”

Luhan looked over at Kris and got a nod from him. Luhan looked back at Mi Young and suddenly she watched as he started to change into a large silver wolf. Mi Young’s eyes went wide and she screamed as she fell backwards onto the floor. Shane ran over and tried to help Mi Young up, but she pushed him away.

Mi Young quickly stood up and pointed saying, “Is that what you are?”

Shane sighed and nodded saying, “Yes.”

Mi Young took a few steps back and said, “I can’t believe that my own brother is a dog.”

Luhan growled at her. Shane looked at Mi Young and said, “So, are you.”

Mi Young shook her head and said, “No. I’m a freak. I’m a hybrid.”

Mi Young started to back away and said, “This is too much for me. I have to get out of here.”

Mi Young turned and ran towards the door and just as she opened it she gasped. There standing was VIXX.

Ravi said, “Hello….Mi Young.”

 

To be continued…

 

What did you think of this chapter?

 

Oh no! VIXX showed up.

 

Here are the links to the music pieces that I used in this story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOWaxJ7D5mE (Gomenasai - Chanyeol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O25nq3skL8 (China Roses - Tao)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-onQcF95pfs (My Immortal - Chen)

 

Thank you for reading the story, and please leave some feedback on what you thought of it, and please upvote.

 

As always….

 

                                                                                                SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!