Chapter 25 - Wasn't Me

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

                It was a gloomy, grey day with rain falling on the ground. The students were grumbling about how the weather went from being really nice to rain in just a matter of seconds. The students went into their dorms and either talked on the phone, or did their homework. Some of the students were in the gym because they were preparing for an assembly and wanted to get all their work finished before the whole school showed up.

                Meanwhile, Lay was in the nurses’ office tending to Luhan. He managed to stop the bleeding and give Luhan some blood transfusion. Lay checked Luhan’s vital signs and stay by his side, should Luhan wake up and be disoriented. Lay was writing down some things on a clipboard when he heard someone knocking on the door.

Lay walks over and opens the door to see EXO and VIXX waiting outside in the hallway. Lay could tell they were all concerned over Luhan’s life.

Lay could tell they wanted to say something, but no one budged. Lay spoke, “Don’t worry. Luhan is doing fine. His vitals are stable and I’m giving him some blood transfusion.”

Sehun was cuddling next to Kai and said, “How long will he be out?”

Lay sighed and said, “Another day or two. It depends on when Luhan thinks his body is healed enough to be let out of the nurses’ office.”

Sehun grumbled and said, “I can’t believe that Mi Young would do this. She seemed to care for Luhan.”

Lay looked at Kris and Suho saying, “Has anyone talked to Mi Young to find out what happened?”

Suho motioned over to VIXX and that’s when Lay noticed that instead of six members there were only three.

Lay looked at Leo and said, “Are your other members with Mi Young?”

Leo nodded and said, “I wanted to be there, but N figured I shouldn’t as seeing I probably would’ve killed Mi Young.”

Lay nodded and said, “I see. Well hopefully N, Ravi and Hongbin can figure out what drove her to attack Luhan.”

Lay looked at his watch and said, “Well, Luhan won’t wake up for a while, so I suggest you guys either get some rest or find something to do that will occupy your time.”

Lay turned to walk back into the room when he felt a tug, and he looked behind him to see Sehun.

Sehun said, “Lay, can I sit with Luhan, please?”

Lay knew that Sehun and Luhan were very close despite their ages. They seemed to have an affection between the two, and Lay loved how caring Luhan was of Sehun. Lay nodded and let Sehun walk into the room.

Lay said, “Just try not to bother Luhan. He needs to rest.”

Sehun nodded and said, “I understand.”

Sehun sat down in the chair next to Luhan’s bed and he took Luhan’s hand in his and held it. Lay left them both alone.

                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in the music room, Mi Young was looking outside the window as N, Hongbin and Ravi were trying to get any information from Mi Young on what happened.

Ravi looked at Mi Young’s back and said, “Mi Young, we need to know what brought on what you did to Luhan?”

Mi Young turned around and said, “How do I know? One minute I was fighting with Tao, the next minute I’m being interrogated by you for some attack on Luhan.”

Hongbin spoke next, “Princess, you don’t remember?”

Mi Young looked at him and said, “Why else would I be asking you what the hell happened? Hongbin, look at me. I have blood on my clothes and on my hands and then I find out that I attacked Luhan. Can YOU explain to me why I did that?”

Hongbin scratched his head and said, “That’s why we’re here.”

Mi Young shrugged and said, “What do you mean?”

N was leaning on the wall with his back and said, “A vampire attacked Luhan.”

Mi Young’s eyes opened wide and she said, “A vampire? How would a vampire get into this school?”

N shrugged and folded his arms over his chest saying, “I don’t know. But, the vampire is in this school, and attacked Luhan.”

Mi Young stood there silent and then said, “Wait, are you blaming me for what happened to Luhan?”

N narrowed his eyes at Mi Young and said, “Well, you ARE the only other vampire in this school, aside from VIXX.”

Ravi spoke next, “And you are part wolf, so you are connected to EXO as well.”

Hongbin spoke last, “Which means that as seeing your wolf part came out when your brother died, your vampire part came out.”

Mi Young shook her head and said, “How? Why did it come out? When did it come out?”

Ravi said, “After your fight with Tao.”

Mi Young looked at Ravi with confusion and said, “What?”

Ravi looked at Mi Young and said, “Tao was very hard on you while fighting. He hit you multiple times on every part of your body. Your body could withstand only so much force, that you gave in. When EXO and VIXX left the gym, THAT’S when the vampire came out.”

Mi Young sat down on the piano bench and said, “B..But, I have no recollection of that ever happening. All I remember is that I fought with Tao, and then I’m here in the music room, talking to you about the attack on Luhan. I don’t know what happened between the times that you guys left to this time.”

Hongbin looked at N and said, “Could it be possible that the vampire took over Mi Young’s body without her knowing it?”

N scratched his head and said, “I don’t remember that ever happening before, but then again, we haven’t really spent time with a hybrid.”

Mi Young walked over to N and said, “You have to believe me, I would never hurt EXO or VIXX. I don’t know what happened.”

N looked into Mi Young’s eyes to see if she telling the truth, and he saw nothing that told him that she was lying. N, pushed away from the wall and started to walk toward the door and turned around.

“From now on, Mi Young, you will be with someone at all times. No matter where you go.” N turned and closed the door of the music room.

                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N walked down the hall to the gym where the EXO members were sans Luhan and Sehun. N opened the door and saw them talking to each other on the bleachers. He closed the door and walked down the stairs.

D.O. saw him and said, “N, what brings you here?”

N walked to the gym floor and turned around to look at EXO and said, “I talked to Mi Young, and I can not see any indication that she knew about Luhan coming into the gym.”

Kai stood up and said, “What? How can you say that? We ALL knew that he was going to check up on her! Then he ends up as her meal!”

Suho walks over to Kai and sits next to him and tries to calm Kai down.

N sighed and said, “I understand where you’re coming from. I would believe the same, but I looked into her eyes and I could see that she is confused. She had no idea.”

Suho looked at N and said, “So, basically, you’re saying that Mi Young wasn’t in her right mind in the attack?”

N nodded and said, “Yes. From what I, Hongbin and Ravi found out, Mi Young must’ve been unconscious in her body for the vampire to come out.”

Chanyeol said, “Is that even possible?”

N nodded and said, “Yeah. It’s rare, but there have been times that a vampire will come out when the human host is unconscious.”

Kris said, “So, can you tell us what brought on the vampire to come out?”

N sighed and said, “Tao.”

EXO looked over at Tao and he looked confused himself as he said, “I was the one? What did I do?”

N said, “You fought with her.”

Tao shrugged and said, “But, that’s what she wanted. She said she wanted to fight. How was I to know that she was going to become a blood- monster?”

N cringed at Tao’s use of monster but he shrugged it off. N sighed and said, “Tao, I’m not blaming you. You, EXO and VIXX had no idea what was going to happen. We’ve never really dealt with hybrids before.”

Tao sighed and said, “I didn’t mean to hurt her. I just wanted her to understand that her idea of wanting to fight instead of going with Super Junior, was wrong. She should’ve just taken the chance to go with Super Junior instead of staying here….with us.”

Kris put his arm around Tao’s shoulder and said, “Don’t worry about it. We’ll figure out what to do.”

Tao nodded but he felt guilty with what he had done.

Chen spoke next, “So, where is Mi Young right now?”

N said, “She’s in the music room with Hongbin and Ravi. I have already informed Mi Young that from now on, she is to go with another person. She’s not allowed to be by herself.”

D.O. sighed and said, “Poor Mi Young, so sad that she has to be watched.”

Kai stood up and glared daggers at D.O. and said, “POOR MI YOUNG?! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? SHE JUST TRIED TO KILL LUHAN?!”

Suho grabbed Kai and sat him down saying, “Don’t you yell at D.O.!”

D.O. moved away from Kai and into the arms of Chanyeol. D.O. bit his bottom lip and said, “I didn’t mean to get you mad, it’s just that I feel bad that she has to be watched.”

Suho looked over at D.O. and said, “I know you didn’t mean anything. Right now, Kai is just high strung after what happened.”

Kai looked at Suho and said, “High strung?! I AM NOT HIGH STRUNG! I AM PISSED!”

Suho kept himself calm and saying, “Kai, please calm down. It’s no use yelling.”

Kai shook his head and said, “No. I can’t believe that you would be so kind to a blood-thirsty monster like Mi Young. I’m not going to wait for her to attack someone else.”

Just then Kai pushed Suho away from him and bolted up the stairs and out of the gym. Suho was on the steps and calling for Kai, but it was on deaf ears.

D.O. ran over to Suho and helped him up, as Kris ran up the stairs and after Kai. They didn’t know what Kai might do to Mi Young, nor what Mi Young could do to Kai.

                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               EXO and N ran after Kris and Kai, but Kai was a little faster. They got to the music room, just as they saw Kai raise his fist and bring it down. They saw Mi Young with blood on her lips and a bruise on her cheek. Kai had raised his arm to bring it down on Mi Young’s face. Kris ran over and grabbed Kai under his arms and threw him against the nearest wall. Kai fell to the floor and looked up at Kris and growled.

Kris raised his hand to Kai and said, “Don’t even think about it, Jongin. You know that this won’t make the matter any better.”

Kai growled and suddenly he turned into a wolf and lunged at Kris. Kris, still in his human form was trying with all his might to keep Kai from clenching his jaws on his neck.

Kris continued keeping Kai at bay and saying, “Jongin, stop this. Luhan wouldn’t want you to get yourself hurt if you attack Mi Young.”

Kai barred his teeth and lunged at Kris again, and finally getting the chance to sink his teeth into Kris’s forearm. Kris cried out and started to pound his other fist onto Kais’ head. There was so much commotion and yelling as Kris tried desperately to get Kai off his arm.

Each time Kris pushed Kai away, Kai would lunge and try to push down Kris to either kill Kris or get to Mi Young. Blood started to form on Kai’s mouth, after Kris was hitting him in the head. Not to mention that Kai scratched Kris’s arms with his canines. But, it didn’t keep Kris from defending Mi Young.

After a few more attempts at attacking Kris, Kai suddenly let go of Kris’s arm and fell to the floor unconscious. Kris looked up and saw Tao standing there with his wu su stick. Kris nodded and he looked down at his arm. Blood was dripping down his arm and forming a puddle on the floor.

Suho looked at Chanyeol and said, “Take Kris to Lay. We’ll deal with Kai.”

                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chanyeol nodded and he took Kris by the arm and led him out of the room and down the hall to the nurses’ station. Chanyeol rushed in and looked for Lay.

Lay came out from the backroom and saw Kris’s arm and said, “What the hell happened?”

Chanyeol sighed as he helped Kris to sit on a bed and said, “Kai is what happened.”

Sehun walked over and said, “What do you mean Kai? What did he do?”

Chanyeol moved Sehun away from Kris and said, “Kai went on a rampage when we found out about why Mi Young attacked Luhan.”

Sehun’s eyes went wide and said, “So she DID attack him!”

Chanyeol sighed and said, “No. She didn’t know that she did. For some reason, the vampire took over her body and attacked Luhan. Kai didn’t like that answer and he went to kill Mi Young. Kris stepped in and Kai bit Kris.”

Sehun looked at Kris and then at Chanyeol saying, “What happened to Kai?”

Chanyeol ran his fingers through his hair and said, “Tao knocked him out.”

Sehun sat on the edge of Luhan’s bed and said, “What about…Mi Young?”

Chanyeol shrugged and said, “Don’t know. We didn’t stay to assess the damage that Kai did.”

Sehun looked at the sleeping Luhan and said, “I can not forgive her for what she did to Luhan. But, I also don’t condone trying to kill someone without knowing the real reason.”

Chanyeol smiled and ran his hand over Sehun’s hair saying, “See, you’re starting to finally grow up. You’re still a pup, but you’re understanding that someone needs to be judged, before you execute them.”

Sehun nodded and they looked over to see Lay had finally patched up Kris’s arm with gauze and a bandage.

Lay wiped his hands off and walked over to Chanyeol and Sehun saying, “Kris will have to remain here for the night. Kai was close to severing an artery in Kris’s arm. Kris could’ve bled to death if I hadn’t treated him.”

Chanyeol nodded and said, “Is he okay, with staying here?”

Lay looked over at Kris who was sleeping on the bed and said, “Yeah. I gave him some pain killers that should keep him out for at least 6 hours.” Lay looked at Chanyeol and said, “About Mi Young.”

                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               The door to the music room opened and everyone turned to see Chanyeol and Lay walk in. Lay looked at the floor and saw Kai, now in his human form on the floor, with the other EXO members sitting close by. Lay saw the puddle of blood on the floor where Kris was injured. Lay turned and gasped as he saw Hongbin sitting on the floor with Mi Young on his lap with her head on his shoulder. Lay walked over and knelt down in front and looked at Hongbin.

Hongbin sighed and said, “She’s frightened.”

Lay nodded and he put his hand on Mi Young’s shoulder and saw her flinch under his touch. He could hear her whimper and try to push herself more into Hongbin’s chest.

Lay sighed and softly said, “Mi Young, it’s me Lay. I’m here to help you. You don’t need to be afraid.”

Mi Young whimpered again and put her hand over her head as she kept her face out of sight of Lay as she said, “No. EXO are angry at me.”

Lay looked at VIXX and then at Mi Young and said, “What? We are not angry at you.”

Mi Young sniffled and said, “Yes you are. You don’t want to show it, but I know you are. I hurt Luhan.”

Lay sighed and sat on the floor and said, “Mi Young, YOU didn’t hurt Luhan. The vampire did.”

Mi Young shook her head and said, “No. I hurt him and now he could be dying in the bed. EXO will kill me or send me away because of it.”

Lay bit his bottom lip and said, “Mi Young, can you please look at me?”

Hongbin said something to Mi Young that Lay didn’t catch. Just then Mi Young, slowly turned her face toward him and he almost gasped at the sight of her once beautiful face, now marred with a bruise on her cheek, a black eye and a split lip.

Lay smiled at Mi Young and said, “You do not need to be afraid, EXO will not send you away, nor will we kill you.”

Mi Young sniffled and said, “B..But…Kai….”

Lay shook his head and said, “Don’t worry about him. He’s trying to grow up too fast. He’s still a pup.”

Mi Young flinched when Lay brought his hand up and she closed her eyes as his fingers lightly graced her cheek, only to push her hair away from her face.

Mi Young opened her eyes and looked at Lay. She said, “H..How is Kris?”

Lay sighed and said, “He’ll be okay. Kai did a number on him, but he’ll live.”

Mi Young looked at the other members of EXO and then looked away and snuggled against Hongbin’s chest.

Lay stood up and walked over to the EXO members and said, “It looks like all she has is a black eye, a bruised cheek and a split lip.”

D.O. sighed and said, “How’s Kris?”

Lay looked at D.O. and said, “I had to stitch up his arm to keep the blood from coming out. If Kai, would’ve bit any harder, he could’ve severed an artery, potentially causing Kris to bleed to death.”

D.O. gasped and Chanyeol ran over and helped him to sit down.

Lay looked at Suho and said, “Okay, so what brought on Kai’s rampage?”

Suho sighed and said, “Well, if Chanyeol already told you, N was explaining to us about how Mi Young didn’t know that she had hurt Luhan. Kai was getting defensive and then he just bolted out of the gym.”

Lay said, “He was getting defensive? Over what?”

D.O. looked at Lay and said, “Because I said that I felt bad for what Mi Young was going through, and he went all wild on us.”

Lay nodded and said, “I see. Well, as seeing there isn’t anything else to do….” He turned around and said, “Hongbin, can you bring Mi Young to the nurses’ station? I want to get her cleaned up.”

Hongbin looked at Lay and said, “But, isn’t Luhan, Sehun and Kris there?”

Lay nodded and said, “Yeah, but there’s another entrance into the nurses’ station. So, she won’t be in contact with the others.”

Hongbin nodded and helped to lift Mi Young in his arms, bridal style.

Lay looked at Suho and said, “I think you can figure out what to do with Kai.” Suho nodded.

                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lay and Hongbin walked out of the music room and into the nurses’ station where there were other beds on the other side of the station, away from the other three. Hongbin wouldn’t leave Mi Young’s side, while Lay checked to make sure nothing was broken, and then he proceeded to help with the black eye, the bruised cheek and the split lip.

Mi Young laid down on the bed and was about to close her eyes when she grabbed Hongbin’s hand and said, “Thank you.”

Hongbin smiled and said, “What for, princess?”

Mi Young sighed and said, “For staying by me. Kai was so frightening.”

Hongbin nodded and said, “I know. Why don’t you close your eyes? I’ll be here when you wake up.”

Mi Young looked at him and said, “Promise?”

Hongbin nodded and said, “Promise.”

Mi Young sighed and finally the painkillers started to take effect and Mi Young fell into a deep sleep.

Hongbin stood up after he made sure that Mi Young was sleeping and he walked over to Lay and said, “So, how is Luhan and Kris?”

Lay motioned and said, “Go and take a look.”

               Hongbin walked over and saw Kris sleeping on a bed. His arm bandaged up. Then he walked over to where Sehun was sleeping half on the bed and half in the chair. Hongbin looked at Luhan and saw the machines and the blood drip that was going through Luhan. Even though Hongbin was a vampire, he has had enough practice to keep himself from wanting to devour Luhan. Hongbin walked back over to Lay.

“Luhan looks a lot better than before.”

Lay nodded and said, “He does. I’m figuring that he’ll be wake sometime tomorrow.”

Hongbin nodded and said, “That’s good. Well, I’m going back over to Mi Young and sit with her.”

Lay watched as Hongbin sat down in the chair next to Mi Young’s bed and closed his eyes. Lay smirked and never realized how human the VIXX vampires actually were.

Lay walked back into the nurses’ office and was typing on the computer. Little did he know that someone finally opened their eyes.

 

To be continued…

So, what did you think of this chapter? A little intense in this one, huh?

  • They now know that when Mi Young fell unconscious the vampire part emerged and attacked Luhan.
  • Luhan is getting blood after Mi Young almost drank all of his blood.
  • Kai wanted to kill Mi Young, but instead injured Kris in the process.
  • Hongbin has a soft spot for Mi Young.

 

I wanted to have a little fight going on with Kai because he was pretty pissed that Mi Young hurt Luhan. Hmm, I wonder what is going to happen now. Who was the one that opened their eyes? I guess you’ll have to find out in the next chapter.

 

Thanks to everyone who stuck around with the story. If you haven’t already please leave a comment so that I know what you think of the story and chapter. Also, please upvote if you like the story.

 

Thanks

                And

                       As always….

 

                                  SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!