Chapter 14 - Shock

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

              The next morning, Mi Young woke up and as she opened her eyes she noticed that she wasn’t in her room. She looked at the ceiling and then at the walls and saw that it looked like a doctor’s office. Mi Young sat up and groaned as she held her head. A massive headache hit her. That’s when she looked down and saw that she was in her bra and . She immediately blushed and saw a black coat hanging on a rack and she quickly put it on. She tried to figure out what happened last night, to make her wake up in her underwear and bra.

There was a knock at the door and it opened. Suho poked his head in and smiled at her. But, then he noticed that she seemed upset as she stood there with the jacket on.

Suho sighed and said, “Good morning, Mi Young. How are you feeling?”

Mi Young held the jacket together and said, “Suho, where are my clothes?”

Suho rubbed the back of his neck and said, “Well, you were soaking wet.”

Mi Young’s eyes went wide and said, “You STRIPPED me?!”

Suho sighed and said, “No. The nurse did it for us.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “So, where are my clothes?”

Suho smiled and said, “Luhan is getting them right now.”

Suho looked down to Mi Young’s ankle and saw that she was standing on it. Suho said, “Are you in any pain?”

Mi Young looked down and said, “No. I feel perfectly fine.”

Suho nodded and set a tray of cereal, milk and orange juice on a table and walked out into the hall. A few seconds later, Lay walks in with Suho.

Lay smiles and says, “I’m glad to see you’re awake Mi Young. I heard that you feel pretty good.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “I do. I just want to get my clothes and then go to my classes.”

Lay sighed and said, “Well, it’s Saturday, so there are no classes. But, Luhan will bring your clothes here in a few minutes. May I take a look at your ankle?”

Mi Young nodded and sat down on the bed. She looked at Suho who was standing at the door. Lay was on his knees and checking Mi Young’s ankle. He unwrapped the gauze and was shocked that he didn’t feel any fractures or bruising. He continues to look at Mi Young’s ankle and speaks.

“Mi Young, can you move your ankle around, please?”

Mi Young started to move her ankle around and Lay saw no problem. What he did see was that she had very beautiful legs and they were very toned and strong. Lay’s eyes started to glow yellow and he managed to stop himself from going after Mi Young. Lay stood up.

Lay smiled and said, “Well, it looks like your ankle is much better. Plus, the bruise on your face and your lip are all healed as well.”

Mi Young smiled and said, “Thank you Lay. You made me all better.”

Lay rubbed his neck and said, “Um, I didn’t do anything.”

Mi Young looked at him and said, “What do you mean?”

Lay shrugged and said, “I may be a healer, but I didn’t heal you. All I did was put ointment on your wounds to keep them from being infected and I wrapped your ankle.”

Mi Young said, “Well, if you didn’t heal, then who did?”

Lay opened his mouth, but another voice broke in, it was Luhan. Luhan walked in with Mi Young’s clothes as he said, “It was you, Mi Young. You healed yourself.”

Mi Young said, “How is that possible? I thought Lay was the healer?”

Luhan nodded and said, “He is. But, we all are able to heal ourselves. Lay is just there in case we get injured to the point that we can’t heal ourselves.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Oh okay. Thank you for bringing my clothes back, Luhan.”

Luhan smiled and said, “No problem. We didn’t want you getting sick, so we washed, dried and pressed your clothes. I hope you like them.”

Mi Young smiled and said, “I love them. Thank you. Now let me get dressed.”

              Luhan, Lay and Suho walked out of the room and closed the door. Mi Young got dressed and she fixed her hair. When she was done, she walked out into the hallway and didn’t see anyone. She walked up the stairs and opened the door to see EXO talking to each other. Mi Young cleared and they all turned to look at her.

D.O. smiled and said, “Mi Young, you’re awake!”

Mi Young nodded and she walked in and said, “Can anyone explain to me how I ended up in the nurses’ office?”

EXO looked at each other and then back at Mi Young. Luhan said, “You…don’t remember?”

Mi Young sighed and said, “I remember standing in the water, but then after that it’s blank.”

Suho sighed and said, “Speaking of that, who pushed you?”

Mi Young sighed and said, “One of Hyuna’s girls.”

Sehun said, “Figures. Hyuna is a pain in the .”

Mi Young looked at Sehun and said, “You guys know her?”

Kris nodded and said, “Unfortunately we do. She is the Queenka in this school, and she thinks she rules everyone. Especially us.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “I see.”

Suho said, “Mi Young, please be careful. Try not being around Hyuna.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “I understand, but it’s hard when she’s everywhere.”

EXO nodded and Xiumin said, “Yeah, we know. She caused problems for Sehun and Tao when they came here. But, after they became part of EXO, she quit trying to rule them. Now she tries to rule both EXO and VIXX.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “I’m just afraid that she’ll find out that I’m a hybrid.”

Xiumin shook his head and said, “Don’t worry about it. She won’t find out.”

Mi Young shrugged and said, “Maybe. But you don’t know.”

              At the library, Chen, Luhan, D.O., Ken and Hyuk were all looking through countless books on werewolves, but so far haven’t come up with anything. They’ve been sitting in the same seats for the past 5 hours and 20 books were piled on the table and not one talked about hybrids. Chen grumbled and slammed his book shut that made a loud sound and caused others to turn to look at him.

Chen said, “This is ridiculous. Not one book talks about hybrids. How can that be possible? If hybrids are real, then why aren’t there any books on them?”

Hyuk sighed and said, “I feel for Mi Young. She doesn’t know much about her powers and she feels helpless. I can’t imagine how that must feel.”

Ken nodded and said, “I agree. We knew about us being vampires when we were kids. Mi Young was never told about her being a hybrid. So, this is all new and scary for her.”

Luhan leaned back in his chair and said, “Yeah. Same thing with the werewolves. But, now that we know that Mi Young is a hybrid, it makes me want to protect her even more.”

              The others nodded and continued to look through the books. D.O. stood up and walked over to the computers, and sat down. He put ‘hybrids’ in the computer search box, and he couldn’t believe the amount of hybrid information. But, unfortunately a lot of that hybrids had to do with cars and animals. As he continued to press search, he stopped when he suddenly noticed one of the books talks about fantasy hybrids. That sparks D.O.’s interest and he writes down the information. He stands up and walks to the section. He finds the book and was surprised that four other books pertaining to fantasy hybrids was in that section. He picks the five books up and walks over to the others and sits down.

Hyuk sees D.O. and says, “Wow, you planning on reading these?”

D.O. looks at Hyuk and hands the other four books to the others and says, “These are books pertaining to fantasy hybrids. Maybe there’s something in there talking about werewolf/vampire hybrids.”

The others looked at each other and opened the books. For another four hours they looked through the books, until Ken looks up and says, “I think I got something.”

              Ken shows them the book and Luhan nods. They look through the other hybrid books and found out that the book Chen was looking at had more information on werewolf/vampire hybrids. Luhan checked out both books while the others put away the 20 books. They walked back to the music room and saw some of EXO and VIXX sitting and talking. Luhan noticed that Suho and Lay weren’t there.

Luhan said, “Where’s Suho and Lay?”

Kris spoke, “Suho and Lay decided to stay with Mi Young. She wanted to go back to her original room, but we all agreed that she would be safer upstairs. So, they are watching over her.”

Luhan nodded and he placed the books on the table.

Xiumin said, “Luhan, did you guys find anything?”

Ken nodded saying, “Yes we did. After hours of searching D.O. found these.”

Chanyeol walked over to D.O. and put his arm around his shoulder saying, “Good job, D.O.”

D.O. blushed from the contact and nodded.

Kris says, “What does the information in the books say about hybrids?”

Luhan opens the book and hands it to Kris and says, “Unfortunately not much. But, it does mention that there was a family that once lived in the forest on an island near America. The island has since been taken over by the ocean. But, at the time, the only family that lived there was a mother, father and two children.”

Sehun said, “What happened to them?”

Luhan shrugged saying, “No one knows. There is no documentation of the family ever existing, but the island was real. People off the coast of California, have said they’ve witnessed things flying around the island. They even heard what sounds like wolves coming from the island. But, many of those witnesses just assume there are dogs running around California.”

Kris sighed and said, “It doesn’t say how that family got off the island before it was consumed by the ocean.”

Luhan sighed and said, “The other book doesn’t say anything either. But, it does talk about a fisherman by the California coast and seeing a small boat coming toward America. It says that it fisherman was later found with no blood in his system and the boat broken to pieces. A year later the island was consumed by the ocean.”

Kai scratched his head and said, “So, are we saying that this family could be Mi Young’s?”

Kris closed the book and said, “It’s a possibility. Remember, it talks about two children. It doesn’t say whether they are female or male, but it peaks my interest. Shane was scared of staying in one place because Mi Young’s life could be in danger. It leads me to believe that whoever created the hybrids, is looking for the hybrid and to destroy it.”

Ravi said, “And in order to do that, they would need BOTH siblings together.”

Kris nodded and said, “Exactly. But, Shane is one step ahead. He’s leaving Mi Young in our care, until this is over. Mi Young will never be able to rest while the hunters are out there looking for her.”

Xiumin sighed and said, “What about the lady in blue that we saw in the forest?”

Baekhyun nodded and said, “Yeah. That’s right. She is creepy, but why do I have this feeling that she is connected to Mi Young?”

Chen laughed and said, “Baekhyun is so cute when he thinks.”

Baekhyun blushed and said, “Well, think about it. No one ever knew Mi Young until she came here. Then suddenly, the lady in blue appears whenever the moon is high and bright.”

Hongbin said, “Baekhyun has a point. Mi Young suddenly appeared at our school and then the lady in blue. Maybe we should find out more about the lady in blue as well.”

Kris nodded and said, “Good. Hongbin you should go find out.”

Hongbin stood up and said, “What? I’m not going!”

Kris looked at Hongbin and said, “You’re the one that voiced your opinion on what we should do about the lady in blue. Go to the library and find out. If you’re scared of being by yourself, take Leo with you.”

Hongbin shook his head and said, “I’m not scared. I just don’t think I should have to do the research.” He looks at N and says, “N, please. Do I have to go?”

N sighed and said, “Hongbin, you are acting just like Hyuk. You should’ve kept your mouth shut. So, I suggest you do what Kris says or we’ll have a fight again.”

Hongbin pouted and stomped out of the room. Ken sighed and said, “I’ll go and help him out.”

Luhan sat down and looked at Kris saying, “So, how is Mi Young doing…really?”

Kris sighed and said, “She’s doing fine. She’s still not fully understanding her being a hybrid, but she’s making the choice of listening.”

Tao looked at Luhan and said, “Well, our thoughts on what happened to Mi Young was correct. When we viewed the tapes, Hyuna and her friends did push Mi Young in the pool. Of course, not only that but they’ve pushed and tripped her as well. Mi Young has been bullied and we never knew about it.”

D.O. sighed and said, “Well, Mi Young is good at keeping secrets. It just pains me that we allowed her to get hurt because we didn’t know.”

Luhan nodded and said, “I know. But, now we won’t let that happen.” He looks at Kris and says, “I think from now on, we should have at least one or two people with her at all times.”

Kris nods and says, “That sounds like a good idea, but remember we still need to appear at our classes too.”

Luhan nodded and said, “I know, but not one of us are in Mi Young’s classes.”

Kris thought about it and said, “Well, as seeing that I a lot of seniority here, I’ll talk to the headmaster and see if I can get classes changed for EXO and VIXX, so that at least two people are with Mi Young.”

Luhan nodded and said, “Thanks Kris. That would make me feel good that we are going to be watching over Mi Young more now.”

Kris nodded and said, “Well, after finding out that she’s been bullied to the point of her changing into a wolf, I think it’s about time we change things.”

              Later that night, Luhan snuck out of his room and walked quietly toward Mi Young’s room. When he looked around the corner, he saw Suho and Lay sitting outside her door. They were both talking quietly. Luhan was trying to think whether he should go and bother them, or forget about it. But, he wanted to see how she is doing. Luhan finally got his courage and walked over to see both Suho and Lay stand up and smile at Luhan.

Luhan said, “So, how is Mi Young?”

Lay said, “She’s doing pretty well.”

Luhan sighed and said, “I know she’s sleeping, but can anyone just take a peek at her?”

Suho slapped Luhan behind his head and said, “Luhan, how can you think of that? You do realize she’s a girl?”

Luhan rubbed the back of his head and said, “Yeah, I know. But, I’m curious. We’ve never really looked a girl sleep before, and this would be our first time seeing a hybrid sleep.”

Lay looked at Suho and said, “He’s right. We’ve never really looked at her sleeping before.”

Suho sighed and said, “I know. But, I don’t feel right looking in a room that a girl is sleeping in. Boys are different.”

Luhan looked at Suho and said, “I’m not going to do anything. I just want to peek in and see her face. Please?”

Suho sighed and said, “No, Luhan. Go back to bed.”

Luhan started to beg and said, “Oh come on, umma. I know you want to see her as much as I do. Please?”

Suho always has a hard time to say ‘NO’ when s use the title of ‘umma’ to Suho. All the members pretty much think of Suho as the mother of the group and Kris as the appa of the group.

Luhan thought about it and then said, “If you let me, I promise to clean the rooms for a month.”

Suho is surprised at that as seeing Luhan is a very messy member and Suho has tried to get Luhan to help clean the rooms, but Luhan would push it off on D.O.

Suho looked at Luhan and said, “I know you Luhan. You’ll end up giving that to D.O.”

Luhan shook his head and said, “No. This time I’ll do it. Hell, you’ve got Lay witnessing this. Please?”

Suho looked at Lay and then at Luhan. He said, “Okay. But, when Kris finds out, I’m telling him that YOU forced me too.”

Luhan smiled and hugged Suho. Lay opened Mi Young’s door quietly and slowly. The light from the hallway was enough to see inside the room. What they saw both surprised and frightened them. They looked at each other as they looked at Mi Young.

 

To be continued…

  • Sorry that I haven’t updated in a while. Been dealing with summer classes and we just had out 4th of July carnival and parade. Plus, I haven’t been writing, so I had to figure out what I wanted to do in this story.
  • Luhan, D.O., Chen, Ken and Hyuk found information about the first hybrids, but it’s very vague information. Not very creditable.
  • EXO and VIXX are now trying everything to protect Mi Young. Even going all out to have their classes changed in order to be next to Mi Young.
  • What did Luhan, Suho and Lay see in Mi Young’s room that surprised and frightened them?

 

Thank you for staying with the story even while I was dealing with RL issues. Please take the time to subscribe, comment and upvote if you like the story and chapter. I also love to read what people think of the chapters.

 

As always…

 

             SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!