Chapter 30 - One Shot

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

               For many years, people have talked about the Blue Lady. Many have said that she was a myth, others say that she was a ghost. And still others said that she’s been living in the forest to stay away from people. Whatever the reason, the Blue Lady has remained safe in her forest. She has been seeing wondering around the forest at night when the moon is full and bright, and then there were times were she has been seen walking outside of the forest, but never for too long. But, never have the Blue Lady ever come this close to people or to the school.

Hongbin knew something was wrong, when he saw the Blue Lady looking up at him. He saw how sad her eyes were and he wondered if she knows about what is happening.

Hongbin ran down the stairs and out the front door, but when he looked at where the Blue Lady was standing, it was empty. Hongbin sighed and walked over to the spot and looked up at the window. Then he looked up at the starry night sky with the moon full and bright. Just then he heard a voice behind him.

“She is in danger.”

Hongbin turned around and was shocked to see the Blue Lady standing a few feet from him. She was still as beautiful as the pictures showed of her. A light breeze blew and he saw her hair and dress move in the breeze.

Hongbin said, “Who is in danger?”

The Blue Lady sighed and said, “Mi Young. You need to protect her.”

Hongbin nodded and said, “Don’t worry. We are.”

The Blue Lady shook her head and said, “No. You NEED to protect her. Get her out of this school.”

Hongbin cocked his head to the side and said, “Is someone after her?”

The Blue Lady nodded and said, “The Creator is here and he will stop at nothing till he finds Mi Young and kills her.”

Hongbin sighed and said, “We can’t get her to leave. She’s waiting for EXO.”

The Blue Lady sighed and said, “EXO are busy. They are entrusting you and your members with Mi Young’s life.”

Hongbin sighed and said, “Mi Young is waiting for EXO. She won’t leave.”

The Blue Lady sighed and looked toward the forest and then back at Hongbin. She said, “Do you see the little mound of grass near the entrance to the forest?”

Hongbin looked over at the mound and said, “Yeah, I do. So what?”

The Blue Lady said, “On that mound sits some white flowers. They are good for anyone who has a problem sleeping.”

Hongbin nodded and said, “But, no one has a problem sleeping.”

The Blue Lady started to walk toward the mound and Hongbin sighed as he followed her. He walked to the little mound and found the little white flowers. They danced in the light breeze and he looked at the Blue Lady.

“I don’t understand.”

The Blue Lady said, “Those flowers have a potion inside them that can help to put people to sleep.”

Hongbin shrugged and said, “I still don’t get it.”

The Blue Lady said, “Pick two of those flowers and crush them up. When they are crushed enough, add them to whatever drink you give to Mi Young.”

Hongbin stood there and then understand what the Blue Lady was saying. Hongbin said, “Will that work?”

The Blue Lady nodded and said, “They are VERY potent, that’s why I said only to pick two. When you give them to Mi Young in a drink, it will take an effect quickly.”

Hongbin nodded and said, “It won’t harm Mi Young, right?”

The Blue Lady shook her head and said, “No. No harm will come to Mi Young. She’ll be out for about three hours. That should give you enough time to get her away from the Creator.”

Hongbin nodded and said, “Why are you helping us?”

The Blue Lady sighed and said, “Mi Young reminds me of myself when I was her age. I don’t want to see her kind being picked off and killed by the Creator. She is still very young. She needs to live life.”

Hongbin nodded and said, “Thank you.”

The Blue Lady nodded and said, “When you give Mi Young the potion, bring her through the forest. The Creator wouldn’t dare to walk into the forest.”

Hongbin nodded and then said, “May I ask why?”

The Blue Lady smiled and said, “Because, the trees will capture him and kill him.”

Hongbin nodded again and knelt down to pull two of the many dozen little white flowers on the mound. Hongbin stood up to thank the Blue Lady, she had disappeared. Hongbin sighed and ran back into the school and up the stairs.

He walked into the room with the other members and explained to them what the Blue Lady said. Hongbin crushed up the flowers and put them in a glass of water for Mi Young. Hongbin sighed and walked into the bedroom. He saw Mi Young still sleeping.

Hongbin lightly shook Mi Young and watched as she slowly opened her eyes.

Mi Young yawned and stretched as she sat up and said, “Where am I?”

Hongbin smiled and said, “You’re in OUR section of the school. Here, why don’t you drink something?”

Mi Young nodded and thanked Hongbin for the water. Hongbin watched as Mi Young drank the whole glass of water. And sure enough, just like the Blue Lady said, Mi Young started to feel drowsy and fell back on the bed, unconscious.

Hongbin waved his hand in front of Mi Young to make sure she was asleep. When she didn’t wake up, Hongbin opened the bedroom door and called the other members in.

Hongbin said, “The Blue Lady told me that we can bring her through the forest. The Creator won’t walk into the forest.”

Hyuk looked outside the window and said, “Why not?”

Hongbin smiled and said, “Because he thinks that the trees are going to kill him.”

Ravi nodded and said, “Alright, let’s grab Mi Young and get out of here.”

Leo walked over and picked up Mi Young bridal style and they ran down the stairs and out of the school. They ran fast into the forest. VIXX noticed that the trees seem to be opening up to them as they ran on the path. They stopped when the school was no longer visible. They sat down while Leo held Mi Young in his arms and set her on his lap.

N looks at Leo and said, “When we’re rested, you should have her on your back, that way it will be easier.”

Leo sighed and said, “Mi Young will fall off my back.”

Hyuk smiled and said, “Not really. Here why don’t we just tie Mi Young to your back?”

Leo narrowed his eyes at Hyuk and the others agreed. When they were rested, Mi Young was put on Leo’s back, and Ravi along with N’s help, tied Mi Young’s arms and legs around Leo. They started to run again, but deeper into the forest. 

Ken spoke up after a few hours of running and complained about being tired. Ken sighed and said, “We aren’t made to run. I’m so beat right now.”

Leo walked over to Ken and said, “If you want a beating I’ll give you one. Mi Young needs to stay far away from the Creator.”

Ken sighed and looked at Mi Young still sleeping on Leo’s back. Ken looked at Hongbin and said, “How much longer?”

Hongbin shrugged and said, “I don’t know. The Blue Lady told me that we could go through the forest, but I don’t know how far.”

Just then Hyuk pointed and they turned to see the Blue Lady standing a few feet away and beckoned them with her finger. They looked at each other and walked towards the Blue Lady.

The Blue Lady smiled at VIXX and said, “I see why Mi Young chose you boys.”

N looked at each other and then at the Blue Lady saying, “What do you mean?”

The Blue Lady smiled and said, “You are vampires. Mi Young is half vampire. She chose you, VIXX, to be her guardians over the other vampires that were destined to guard Mi Young. Just like EXO was chosen by Mi Young to guard her than the other werewolves.”

Hongbin said, “Where do we go now? We are far enough away from the Creator.”

The Blue Lady sighed and said, “If you continue on this path, you’ll find a house. It will keep you and Mi Young safe.”

Hongbin nodded and said, “Thank you.”

VIXX ran again down the path and finally, they saw a house appear in front of them. They stopped and just looked at the house.

The house was actually a mansion. It had three floors, and 20 rooms. The house was painted in dark green to match the trees. Some lights were on in the house and they could smell food being cooked. They looked at each other and walked toward the house.

N knocked on the door and it opened, to reveal a young man dressed as a butler. He bowed and moved to the side and let VIXX walk in. The butler shut and locked the door. He showed VIXX to the living room.

               The hallway was very long with many pictures of present and past tenants of the house. They noticed how high the ceiling was and the color of the walls were cream. They walked to the living room and were even more amazed at the grandeur of the living room. It looks like royalty was living in the house. Gold was everywhere in the living room. They also saw many rare gems in many of the furniture and the walls were a light peach. A beautiful crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling. A fireplace was on the right side of the room and it filled the room with warmth and coziness.

They noticed a young woman in her early twenties and a young man in his early twenties walked into the living room. They saw that she had on a beautiful lavender velvet gown on that fell off her shoulders. Her hair was as black as coal which made her complexion very pale. Her lips were blood red and her eyes….were like sapphires.

The young man was dressed in velvet as well. His pants were an evergreen color and his tunic was tan. He had on a copper colored velvet jacket with gold filigree sewn into the velvet. He had silver hair which made him almost look like a ghost with a fair complexion. His eyes were emerald green.

The woman walked over and curtsied saying, “Ah, how nice to see you here. You are very nice looking boys.”

VIXX blushed and looked at the man who walked over to them.

The man sighed and said, “Sooyoung, contain yourself. We are here to look after the girl.”

Hongbin spoke up and said, “You know about Mi Young?”

The man nodded and said, “Of course. The Blue Lady explained to us about her. She is a rare breed of Hybrid. We are to protect Mi Young…and her friends.”

Hyuk said, “Her friends?”

Sooyoung laughed and said, “Of course, silly. You boys. We were told that Mi Young wouldn’t leave your side. She is in your care, as you are to us. We are to make sure that you boys are protected and that Mi Young is protected as well.”

Ravi sighed and said, “Before we agree with anything, what is in it for the both of you, by protecting both us and Mi Young?”

Sooyoung and the man looked at each other and Sooyoung said, “I am a vampire, and my lovely brother, Shin, is a werewolf.”

Ravi looked at Shin and said, “How is it that you both are different, yet siblings?”

Sooyoung laughed and said, “Shin was bitten by a werewolf when I was a child, and I was bitten by a vampire a few years ago.”

Ken said, “So, it’s okay, for Mi Young to stay here with a vampire and werewolf?”

Shin looked at Ken and said, “Is there a problem? She stays with EXO, who are werewolves, and you guys who are vampires. I see no difference.”

Sooyoung sighed and said, “Don’t worry, she is in good hands. We know about the Creator coming around and looking for any Hybrids.”

Leo said, “He came here?”

Sooyoung nodded and said, “Yeah.”

Hongbin sighed and said, “The Blue Lady said that the Creator can’t come into the forest.”

Sooyoung nodded and said, “Ah, I see. Yes, he can’t do it anymore. But, he did come here a few years ago looking for Hybrids. But, he won’t venture in the forest anymore.”

Sooyoung looked as the clock struck midnight and she stood up.

“I think it’s about time we all get some rest. We had a really interesting day and I want to meet Mi Young when she wakes up.”

VIXX looked at each other and nodded as they said their goodnights to Sooyoung and Shin. They walked out of the room and into each of their rooms.

Sooyoung walked up the stairs and into Mi Young’s room and walked closer to Mi Young. She bent down and moved some hair away from her face as she looked at Mi Young sleeping. Sooyoung smiled and quietly walked out of the room.

It was silent in the house. The only sound was the tick-tock of the clocks on the walls. Everything was silent and still in the night. Then a door opened softly. The sounds of soft footsteps walking down the hallway to the stairs leading down into the living room. No light was on, but the person has no trouble walking through the dark. The footsteps walked toward the kitchen and a light .

The sounds of someone digging in the kitchen was heard. It woke up Hongbin and he got dressed and walked down the stairs to see who is rummaging through the kitchen. He shields his eyes from the bright light and when his eyes adjust, he’s shocked. There sitting at the kitchen table, eating some ice cream, was Mi Young. She had her back to the door.

Hongbin smiled and softly walked toward Mi Young. Just as Mi Young was about to put another spoon of vanilla ice cream in , she jumped when she felt Hongbin’s chin on her shoulder. She turned around and narrowed her eyes at him.

“Hongbin, what are you doing up?”

Hongbin smiled and sat down across from her and said, “Well, I could ask you the same thing.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “I was hungry.”

Hongbin nodded and said, “Does it taste good?”

Mi Young shrugged and said, “Yes and no.”

Hongbin sat and watched Mi Young eat the ice cream and he came up with a lie about going on an outing with the other VIXX members and staying in the mansion. Hongbin continued to watch Mi Young and when she would the spoon, something in Hongbin flared up. He started to get a little warm and his face started to blush. Mi Young didn’t notice it, and Hongbin couldn’t continue like this. He watched as Mi Young ate the ice cream and when she pulled the spoon away, there was some ice cream on her lips. Hongbin made a bold move. He leaned forward and put his lips to Mi Young’s lips. Mi Young sat there with her eyes wide open as Hongbin looked at her as he kissed her lips.

 

To be continued…

What did you think of this chapter?

  • VIXX took Mi Young to a secluded mansion deep in the forest.
  • The Creator can not get to Mi Young in the forest.
  • Sooyoung and Shin are vampire and werewolf siblings sworn to protect Mi Young and VIXX.
  • Hongbin finally kissed Mi Young.
  • EXO are still having their meeting.

A nice little cliffhanger at the end. Hmm, what do you think is going to happen in the next chapter? You’ll have to wait for the next chapter.

Thank you for staying with this story and waiting patiently for the next chapter. It’s hard to get some time to write as seeing finals are coming up and also Christmas is getting close and work is giving me more hours. But, I’m trying to get some time to write when I can.

I would appreciate it if you can go and vote for the title that you want for this story. If you want me to keep the original name, please leave a comment in the voting section so that I know what you’re vote would be. I won’t change the name until sometime in January. So, everyone has a chance to get their votes in and then we can see what name comes up.

As always….

SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, and UPVOTE!!!