Chapter 31 - Stranger

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

“A kiss seals two souls for a moment in time.” ~ Levende Waters

               As Mi Young sat there with her eyes open and looking at Hongbin who had his lips against hers, she couldn’t believe what was happening. Many things were going through her mind, at the moment and trying to figure out what she should do. Mi Young’s mind kept telling her to pull away, that this was wrong. Her heart on the other hand, told her differently. Mi Young loved the feel of Hongbin’s lips on hers. She felt sparks run through her body when their lips came into contact.

               Mi Young was battling in her mind and heart with what she should do, and finally her heart won. Mi Young closed her eyes and savored the kiss. But, the happiness didn’t last long. As Mi Young closed her eyes she saw a beautiful woman in a blue dress with long black hair dancing around with a young man. He was dressed in a dark green shirt and brown pants. His hair was tied in the back with a piece of leather. Mi Young could see that this woman was smiling as she was dancing with the man. Her complexion was very fair as her dark hair made her face seem pale.

               Mi Young felt as if she was standing off to the side and watched this beautiful couple dance merrily and happily. Mi Young listened to the beautiful music and she was mesmerized by the couple. Mi Young never knew when the music stopped, but she watched as the couple stopped their dancing and they looked at each other in their eyes. The man and woman smiled and they leaned in…and kissed. Mi Young tried to divert her eyes away from this intimate moment, but something was causing her to stand and watch them.

               Then, what happened next will haunt Mi Young for the rest of her life. The building that the couple was in, started to burn as fire was raging outside. Smoke filled the room, and the couple ran for the doors and tried to open them, but the doors wouldn’t budge. Mi Young watched as the man tried to bust the windows and Mi Young jumped when she heard gun shots. She saw bullets flying into the room and almost hitting the woman. Mi Young could hear angry shouts outside the building. Mi Young walked closer to the windows and looked down to see men holding torches and guns. They were yelling and Mi Young gasped as there were more gunshots and then torches were thrown into the building setting the floor and walls on fire.

               Mi Young watched as the woman scrambled away, coughing from the suffocating smoke. The man was trying desperately to put the fire out, but the fire was already too hot to extinguish. The woman looked at the man and he walked over to her. The woman was in tears and she kissed the man one more time on his lips, and then she had him kneel before her. The woman looked toward Mi Young’s direction and Mi Young saw fangs. Then the woman bent down and pierced the man’s neck and the blood from him….killing him.

The woman let the man fall as she the last of the blood from her lips and then turned to look at Mi Young. The woman walked toward Mi Young and bent down as she softly touched Mi Young’s cheek.

The woman said, “Know who you are. You are a rare creature that should never see how cruel and dangerous this world can be.”

               Mi Young didn’t say anything as she watched the woman walk over to the door and open it. She walked past the fire, and down the stairs. Mi Young followed her and saw the woman open the front doors. Mi Young jumped when she heard gun shots and blood coming from the back of the woman as the bullets went right through her. Mi Young ran down the stairs and watched as the woman walked past the angry mob and was pelted with many bullets but that never stopped her. The angry mob yelled and raised their guns and torches as they ran toward the forest. The woman walked into the forest and Mi Young stepped outside and saw the woman suddenly glow blue as she walked deeper into the forest. Mi Young looked up at the sky and saw the full bright moon staring down at her. Mi Young looked at the angry mob as they gave up and turned around to look at the once beautiful house. Mi Young stepped further outside and turned to watch as the building collapsed into a pile of burning rubble.

Mi Young sighed and closed her eyes. She opened her eyes and saw Hongbin not kissing her anymore but his face was very near her. Mi Young jumped off the chair and backed away. Her fingertips on her lips as she looked at him. Hongbin could see both fear and sadness in her eyes.

Mi Young bowed and said, “Forgive me, Hongbin. I’m going back to bed.”

Hongbin stood up and was about to go after Mi Young, but she ran out of the kitchen and up the stairs. She quietly ran down the hall and into her bedroom. She shut the door softly so as not to disturb anyone and she leaned against the door and she slowly sat on the floor. Mi Young wrapped her arms around her knees and she her lips. Mi Young did like Hongbin’s lips, but for some reason the woman in her dream wasn’t happy about it.

Mi Young looked at the time and saw that it was past 2 a.m. and she got up from the door and walked over to the bed. She laid down and fell asleep. Hongbin sat at the table and touched his lips. He couldn’t believe how soft and warm she felt. He wondered if he did something to scare her off. Hongbin sighed and decided to go to bed as well. Hongbin walked to his bedroom and closed the door. He sighed as he got into bed and fell asleep.

               Later that morning, Mi Young woke up from the smell of someone making breakfast. Mi Young sat up in bed, yawned and stretched. She got out of bed and freshened up. She put on a blue shirt and denim pants and walked down the stairs. The aroma of food started to beckon her toward the kitchen. She walked in and saw some maids making breakfast. She looked in the dining room and heard talking. She saw VIXX, Sooyoung and Shin talking. They looked toward her and everyone smiled.

Sooyoung stood up and said, “Good morning, Mi Young. Did you sleep well?”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Yes. I did. Thank you.”

Sooyoung smiled and said, “Good. Let me see if breakfast is ready.”

Sooyoung left and Mi Young looked at VIXX and said, “Can someone explain to me, what we are doing here?”

VIXX looked at each other and Hongbin said, “Uh, well, like I told you last night…we are on an outing.”

Mi Young narrowed her eyes at Hongbin and said, “That’s very interesting as seeing we are in a house with a vampire and a werewolf.”

VIXX looked shocked that Mi Young could tell who they were.

Just then Sooyoung walked out of the kitchen and said, “You’re right. I am a vampire and Shin is a werewolf. We were only trying to protect you.”

Mi Young looked at her and said, “Protect me? From what?”

Sooyoung looked at VIXX. VIXX looked at Mi Young. Mi Young walked closer toward Hongbin, but he started to move backwards and eventually he backs into a wall. Mi Young stands in front of Hongbin. Hongbin could feel the anger in Mi Young’s aura.

Hongbin said, “Mi Young, don’t do anything that you’ll regret.”

Mi Young said, “Protect me…from what?”

Hongbin sighed and said, “I can’t tell you.”

Mi Young said, “Why not?”

Hongbin shook his head and said, “Because, we were sworn to not tell you the reason. Just to keep you protected.”

Mi Young looked around and said, “So, why am I being protected?”

Sooyoung sighed and said, “Mi Young, please. Have no fear. No one here will harm you.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “But, I’m away from school. What about EXO?”

Shin shivered when Mi Young mentioned EXO’s name.

N said, “Mi Young don’t worry about it. Hyuk will let us know if EXO sends us a text.”

Mi Young looked back at Hongbin and then she walked away.

Hongbin let out a breathe he was holding and watched as Mi Young walked away. He could see the hurt in her eyes, but he couldn’t bear to hurt her even more by telling her the truth.

Mi Young walked to the back of the house and outside. She looked at all of the trees that surrounded the house. She closed her eyes as a breeze came through and swept her hair up. Then she heard the unmistakable sound of a female voice. She opened her eyes and she was face to face with…the Blue Lady.

The Blue Lady smiled sadly and said, “Mi Young, they want to help you. Don’t shut them out.”

Mi Young sighed and looked at the Blue Lady and said, “They hurt me by not telling me why they want to protect me.”

The Blue Lady sighed and said, “What you don’t know, won’t hurt you. But, the truth can put a hole into your heart. Let the truth eventually come out. In time, they will tell you.”

Mi Young looked back at the house and then at the Blue Lady saying, “Was that you in my dream?”

The Blue Lady shook her head and said, “No. The dream that you had was from the past. Let go of the past, and take on the future.”

Mi Young looked at the ground and then at the Blue Lady saying, “You mean VIXX?”

The Blue Lady nodded and said, “EXO too. They are your friends now. Let them protect you.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “I know. It’s just that I’m used to protecting myself. And I’m afraid.”

The Blue Lady said, “Afraid? Of what?”

Mi Young sighed and said, “Of letting people in. Knowing that once they come into my heart, my brother will be pushed to the side and eventually forgotten.”

The Blue Lady sighed and said, “Your brother will never be forgotten. He is with you in your heart, but now your friends want to be a part of you as well. Remember you are both of them. Let them take care of you.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “I understand.” Mi Young looked back at the house and then at the Blue Lady, but she had disappeared.

Mi Young turned and walked back into the house. She walked toward the living room, when she stopped and listened.

Hyuk said, “Hyung, you know that we can’t keep pretending that the Creator won’t come here.”

N nodded and said, “I know. But, you know that we can’t allow him to get her. She is too special of a person. Besides, we made a promise to Shane.”

Mi Young’s eyes widened at that secret. VIXX made a secret with Shane about her. Mi Young sighed and walked into the living room. Everyone stopped talking.

Mi Young spoke, “You don’t have to be quiet. I heard what you said. I am honored that you took my brother’s promise to heart. I want to apologize for the way I acted. It was not my intention to hurt anyone.”

Ken smiled and said, “Don’t worry. You only scared Hongbin. He’ll be fine.”

Hongbin walked over and knocked Ken on the back of his head. Ken cried out and rubbed the back of his head as he looked up at Hongbin.

Ken said, “Ow. Hongbin, what was that for?”

Hongbin said, “I wasn’t scared. Just nervous.”

VIXX started to chuckle at Honbin’s explanation.

Meanwhile, back at the school, Rain was walking around and talking with Hyuna and her girls. Many of the female student were jealous of Hyuna because she was walking around with Rain and the male students were jealous of Hyuna, because Rain was next to her.

Rain and Hyuna walked outside and Hyuna said, “That girl Mi Young is such a nuisance. I wanted to get rid of her in the beginning, but everytime I tried to, EXO and VIXX got to her before I could do anything.”

Rain smiled and said, “Well, that will change. I’ve got something that will make Mi Young run away from her friends…straight into OUR arms.”

Hyuna looked at Rain and said, “Really? What is it?”

Rain turned toward the forest and Hyuna noticed a figure standing under the shade of the trees. The figure was in a brown cloak with hood. Rain motioned for the figure to walk toward them. When the figure got close enough to them, Rain motioned for the figure to take off its hood.

The figure pulled down its hood and Hyuna was surprised. She looked at Rain and saw that Rain was smiling.

 

To be continued…

So, what did you think of this story? Who do you think is the figure that took off its hood?

Oooo Cliffhanger….

  • Hongbin and Mi Young kissed.
  • Mi Young had a vision of a woman.
  • VIXX and Mi Young spend the night at a house with a werewolf and vampire as siblings.
  • Rain and Hyuna are planning something. Who is the cloaked person that surprises Hyuna?

So, just wanted to let everyone know that this story will be ending soon. I know…it’s sad. I wasn’t planning on it going past 30 chapters, but here it is at Chapter 31. Anyway, I’m going to be ending it hopefully before chapter 40. I have my other stories to do, even though I just LOVE this story. Oh well, maybe I might think about making another vampire story. Don’t know.

Oh and to rest your fears and woes, after what I just said, I’m not going to end the story really soon. But, it might be close to Chapter 40. I want to have a nice battle before I end the story. But, I am still looking at the voting to see who wants the title changed to something else or kept the same. I’ll change/keep the title sometime in January. So, people still have time to get their votes in.

Anyway, please take the time to leave some feedback on the story and/or the chapters. Subscribe to the story if you already haven’t and upvote if you haven’t done that either. I do appreciate the comments.

So, I’m hoping that you are liking my story

And as always…

 

 

                                                  SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT and UPVOTE!!!!