Chapter 36 - Face in the Photograph

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

               A few days has passed showing good signs that Kris will be let out of the infirmary soon. Lay has been checking his vitals, and he’s noticed how Kris’s body has helped in the healing process. Many of the scars have disappeared and Lay was able to take the bandages off Kris’s head, shoulder and chest. Kris was looking more like himself. His color has come back and he’s been sitting up in bed and talking to EXO and VIXX. Lay even walked in on a conversation that Kris was having with Luhan and they were laughing. Lay smiled to hear Kris’s laughter again.

Then, the dreaded day came when Kris finally got out of the infirmary and he, along with EXO and VIXX were walking to the music room when Kris asked about Mi Young. EXO and VIXX stopped in their tracks and looked at the floor, as Kris walked a few steps and turned around. He looked at everyone and realized something isn’t right.

Kris said, “Where is Mi Young?”

Silence.

Kris narrowed his eyes and walked toward EXO and grabbed Baekhyun’s chin and forced him to look up at him. Baekhyun yelped but didn’t try to pull away. EXO has learned that when the Alpha is pissed, never pull away from him, it will only anger him more.

Kris stared at Baekhyun in the eyes and said, “Baekhyun, where is Mi Young?”

Baekhyun bit his bottom lip and tried desperately to keep quiet. Until Kris gripped Baekhyun’s upper arms and shook him, causing Baekhyun to cry out in pain.

Baekhyun cried out and said, “ALRIGHT! Mi Young…is gone!”

Kris stopped and looked at Baekhyun and said, “What did you say?”

Baekhyun held his arms and took a few steps back and looked at Kris saying, “She’s gone, Kris hyung.”

Kris looked at the others and then he saw Suho and said, “Where did she go?”

Suho looked at Kris and shrugged saying, “We don’t know. She just up and left.”

Kris ran his fingers through his hair and said, “Did she tell you where she went?”

D.O walked toward Kris and handed him a folded letter. Kris grabbed it out of D.O’s hand and he opened it up. It reads:

To EXO and VIXX,

I want to begin by saying ‘thank you’ for helping me through the school. You have all been very helpful. To EXO, all 12 of you have made me feel welcome in the school and I felt happy to be a part of your group. You have taken good care of me and protected me many times. There are no words that can express how much I value your time and patience with me.

To VIXX, even though our first meeting together didn’t go very well, I truly value the time that we shared. It was fun spending time with vampires. You are nothing like how I envisioned vampires and I’m glad that you aren’t like those ‘fake’ vampires. Please take care of Hongbin oppa, he hasn’t been himself since we had to not see each other. I don’t understand what the reason and no one wants to tell me. But, it must be something or you wouldn’t have forced yourself in between Hongbin oppa and myself. Hongbin oppa got hurt because of me, and it makes me feel it’s my fault that we can’t see each other anymore.

But, over the past few years that I have spent at the school, I have built up a loving relationship with EXO and VIXX. Even when I found out that I was a Hybrid, you made me welcome what I am. I may not envision what a Hybrid is to you, but if you say that Hybrids are special, I will believe you. Which leads me into the last part of this letter.

To Kris oppa, you have been a loving and caring Alpha to the members and to everyone in the school. You are a very strong person. You, along with Suho oppa are very special to me because both of you are like father-figures to everyone. The members look up to you and Suho oppa and I love to watch the interaction between all of you.

Kris oppa, after seeing what happened to you, it made me realize how dangerous I can truly be. It has now come to my mind, that staying at the school, and being around EXO and VIXX, may not be the best thing anymore. It seems that while I’m there, people are going to get hurt. Especially the civilians. So, I’m going to tell you that once you feel better, stay in the school. Stay with your group and VIXX. They will need your guidance and patience.

I am a Hybrid. I need to go and find my own kind. I know there aren’t many left, but if I can find a band, I can stay together with them, and hopefully we can all get stronger. I know that by doing this, I am putting myself in danger. But, that is the risk I’m willing to take. If I can keep you and everyone else from being hurt because of me, it will make my life easier. I don’t want you to understand what I’m trying to do, but just understand that this is the only way to keep you and everyone else safe.

So, please don’t come looking for me. It will only make it harder for me to not get you or anyone else hurt or worse…killed. I am a danger to everyone I come in contact with. So, if you like me enough, please let me go and not think that this is anybody’s fault except my own. I will not tell you where I am going, just that it is far away. Far from here and away from all of you.

If any of you see the Super Junior oppas, please tell them that I enjoyed spending time with them and that I value their advice and understanding. Please make sure the Henry oppa is eating and not getting into any trouble. He is going to be heartbroken when he learns that I’m gone.

And if any of you see the Blue Lady, just explain to her that I’ve gone to find the others. I have shown visions to everyone who has been around me. Each vision, shows something different. Each piece, tells a story about the life of the Blue Lady and of my own life. The vision the Blue Lady showed me, has scared me and that is why I need to get away. Please, don’t think the Blue Lady was the reason for my leaving, it was my idea.

So, after writing this and having tears in my eyes, please know that I loved each of you equally and keeping you safe and happy, will make my heart happy. When all of you graduate, please go on with your lives and leave the Blue Lady and myself behind. We will be but memories, while you go on to live your lives to the fullest.

Thank you for everything.

Yours truly,

Mi Young.

Kris looked up from the letter and everyone saw tears in his eyes. They knew that the letter affected him really badly.

Kris folded up the letter and handed it back to D.O. He said, “She was trying to keep us safe, by leaving.”

Luhan nodded and said, “Yeah. But, it hurts to know that she doesn’t want our protection.”

Leo looks at Kris and said, “You have a member who can teleport. Why can’t you use him to find her?”

Kris sighed and said, “It’s easier said than done. Kai needs an actual place to teleport too. We don’t have any way of knowing where she is located.”

Kai sighs and said, “Leo hyung, I would personally go and get her, if I knew where she was. I don’t like the idea of her being out in the real world. So many things could happen.”

Hyuk spoke next, “So, what do we do? Do we just let her go and see if she’ll end up dead, or what?”

Chen looked at Hyuk and said, “You heard what they said. There’s nothing we can do.”

Hyuk sighed and said, “I liked Mi Young. She was like a sister.”

Everyone nodded when Hyuk said that. Just then Ken spoke next.

“Wait, didn’t Mi Young say that the Blue Lady showed her a vision?”

Ravi nodded and said, “Yeah, so what?”

Ken looked at Ravi and said, “Well, maybe the Blue Lady knows.”

Chanyeol said, “Well, it mentioned in the letter that the Blue Lady knows where there are other Hybrids.”

N looked at everyone and said, “So, do we all have the same ideas going through our heads?”

Suho nodded and said, “Apparently. I think, along with everyone else, that we have a little talk with the Blue Lady.”

And they did just that. EXO and VIXX walked into the forest and went looking for the Blue Lady. Well, more like the Blue Lady went looking for them. As they got deeper and deeper in the forest, the light from the sun was drowning to the point that the forest started to turn black from the loss of light.

The Blue Lady appeared in front of them.

Kris looked at the Blue Lady and said, “We don’t like having to talk to a mysterious woman, like yourself. But, we believe that you might have an idea where our Mi Young is.”

The Blue Lady looked at each person and then looked back at Kris and said, “Mi Young is on a journey to find others.”

Sehun barked saying, “Or a painful death!”

Luhan held Sehun back.

The Blue Lady shook her head and said, “No, that’s not true. Mi Young is looking to find others like her. They are around, but they are frightened. She needs to bring them out to the light.”

Hongbin snapped and said, “So they can get captured or killed? How could you do this to her?”

The Blue Lady shook her head again and said, “You don’t understand. It’s her destiny. Just like each of you have a destiny. Mi Young’s was to leave the safety of the school, and venture out in the world and find the others.”

Suho said, “Why? After all this time, why did you show her the visions so that she goes out and risk her life?”

The Blue Lady sighed and said, “Mi Young told me how much she loves each of you. A Hybrid wasn’t meant to stay in one place. She has to leave in order to keep all of you safe.”

D.O rubbed his head and said, “I don’t understand.”

The Blue Lady looked at the trees and said, “The forest is my destiny. When I was forced into this forest, I knew that I had to protect it with my life. Each and every tree in here, has a piece of my soul. Just like the children in that school, is a piece of all of you. EXO and VIXX are the ones keeping watch on their flocks. When one flock strays, you need to bring that stray in or it will be eaten by a wolf.”

Ravi said, “When you say wolf you mean the Higher Counsel.”

The Blue Lady nodded and said, “Yes. The children in that school do not have the powers like you do. Nor do any of them know that EXO are wolves and VIXX are vampires. But, your destiny is to protect the school and the occupants inside.”

The Blue Lady continued, “I showed Mi Young, what her life will be like, if she was to stay in the school. I have told her that there are other Hybrids, but no one knows where. She needs to go out and find them. But, risking her life is even more of a challenge because it will make her stronger.”

Leo narrowed his eyes at her and said, “Where is Mi Young?”

The Blue Lady shrugged and said, “I don’t know.”

Leo looked at the Blue Lady and said, “Nothing better happen to Mi Young.”

The Blue Lady watched as Leo walked away. The others turned and walked with Leo back out of the forest.

Suho turned and looked at the Blue Lady and said, “I know who you are, and what you’re trying to do for Mi Young, but you need to understand that your past is different from Mi Young’s.”

The Blue Lady sighed and said, “Suho, our pasts are not different. Just what we look like on the outside.”

Suho looked at her confused and the Blue Lady said, “When you go back into the school, take a look in Mi Young’s room. I guarantee you’ll find something in there that will explain what I mean.”

Suho sighed and nodded as she turned around and walked back to the school. When he stepped out of the forest he turned back, but the Blue Lady had disappeared.

               Suho walked into the school and he was walking toward the music room, when what the Blue Lady said made him stop. Suho, decided to walk toward Mi Young’s room and he opened her door. Normally, boys are not allowed to go in a girl’s room, but this was different. Suho turned the light on and looked around the room. It felt cold because Mi Young wasn’t in the room. Everything in the room was the same, nothing looked out of place. He sat on the edge of the bed and looked around the room. He scratched his head and stood up. He started to walk back toward the door, when something caught his eye on Mi Young’s dresser. He walked over to it and saw it was a black and white photograph. He picked it up and looked at it. As he continued to stare at it, he noticed that the beautiful woman in the picture was the Blue Lady, but she was holding a child’s hand in the photo. He looked closer and gasped. He set the picture down and walked quickly out of the room.

 

To be continued….

 

What did you think of the story? A little emotional but also a little mysterious too. What do you think about the photograph at the end?

 

So far we know:

  • Mi Young left in order to protect EXO, VIXX and the other students.
  • The Blue Lady might know where Mi Young is but won’t tell.
  • The photograph bears the resemblance of the Blue Lady, but of someone else too.

I do want to apologize for not posting a chapter in a while. As you might have read on my blog and on the story itself, I’ve been dealing with a lot in the past few days. I was a little surprised that I could write a chapter today, but for some reason it came to me. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Please take some time to read the story, leave some feedback and upvote if you like the story. I enjoy comments on the story and the characters too.

Thank you for staying with the story and waiting patiently for the next chapter.

As always…

 

                                                     SUBSCRIBE…COMMENT…and….UPVOTE!!!