Chapter 32 - Mystery

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

For the next whole month, Mi Young stayed at Sooyoung and Shin’s house. Mi Young spent a lot of time playing games with VIXX and laughing with their silliness. Mi Young eventually forgot about EXO and the school. She was having so much fun with VIXX that she didn’t want to leave. She would rather stay at this house, than go back to the school, where most of the girls didn’t like her.

The happiness soon died down, when Hyuk walked in and looked at everyone. He looked sad and they knew that he got a text from Baekhyun.

N said, “Hyuk, what is wrong?”

Hyuk sighed and said, “Baekhyun hyung just texted me and said that Mi Young can come back to the school.”

All eyes went from Hyuk to Mi Young.

Mi Young said, “Do we have to go? Can’t we just stay here?”

N sighed and walked over to Mi Young saying, “We promised EXO that we would protect you and bring you back safely when they are done with their meeting.”

Hongbin sighed and said, “I know you don’t want to go, but we have to bring you back.”

Mi Young shook her head and said, “Why? If you guys want to go, then fine. But, why must I go back?”

Ravi spoke up and said, “Mi Young, EXO knew you before we did. Be fair, you are as a much a part of them, as you are of us.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “I don’t like that school. The other students don’t like having me around.”

Leo shrugged his shoulders and said, “Who cares? We like having you around.”

Everyone turned to look at Leo and he blushed and stood up, as he walked out of the room.

A couple days later, VIXX and Mi Young left Sooyoung and Shin’s house. They walked through the forest silently. Mi Young was behind VIXX as she tried to understand the meaning behind protecting her and who is the Creator, VIXX was talking about. Mi Young had her head bowed and was looking at the ground while VIXX looked behind them and saw how sad Mi Young looked.

               An hour later, they finally stepped out of the forest and stood in front of the school. VIXX walked toward the door and Mi Young walked out of the forest, but she turned and looked back in the forest. A cold breeze blew out from the forest and sent shivers up Mi Young’s spine. Something didn’t feel right. Mi Young turned and walked back into the school. Mi Young met up with her friends and they talked about a lot of things. They asked why she wasn’t in school, and she just made up a story about how she had to leave Korea for some personal issues.

               Mi Young walked the hallways when the other students were in their classes. It was silent and the only thing you could hear was her footsteps on the floor. Mi Young continued walking and not paying any attention when she felt a presence. Mi Young stopped and looked around, but didn’t see anyone. Mi Young continued to walk and that’s when she heard it. The unmistakable sound of another footstep that wasn’t her own. Mi Young stopped again and turned around, but there was no one around. Mi Young started to walk quickly toward the stairs and she turned and saw a black figure standing a down the hallway. She couldn’t see its face but she could tell it was a man. There was something about him that rubbed Mi Young the wrong way. His presence told her, that he wasn’t part of the school. Mi Young quickly ran up the stairs and turned the corner. She was breathing hard and looked down the stairs and waited. She heard footsteps walking toward the stairs and then she saw him standing at the bottom of the stairs. The figure turned its hooded head towards her and she gasped. Mi Young took a few steps back and ran down the hall to where the music room was.

               But, to Mi Young’s dismay, the music room was….locked. There were no lights on inside the room either. Mi Young kept rattling the handle but the door wouldn’t budge. Mi Young turned and saw the figure step up onto the top step. Mi Young stepped backwards and ran down the hallway to the bedrooms, but every one of the rooms were locked. Mi Young couldn’t believe that the rooms were all locked. Where was EXO? Mi Young ran down the hallway and tried all the rooms. The figure wasn’t too far away from her. Finally, when Mi Young got to the gym, it was unlocked. She opened the door and ran inside. She quickly ran into the girl’s locker room and was able to slip inside the gym teacher’s office that was still unlocked. She locked the door and kept the light off.

               Mi Young sat on the floor and finally got her breath back. She got on her knees and peered through the window of the office. She didn’t have to wait long. She saw the figure walk into the girl’s locker room. Mi Young was getting frightened. She didn’t know who this figure was or what he wants. Mi Young could hear his footsteps get closer to the office. Mi Young saw a small space under a table and she huddled underneath. She waited again and she softly gasped when she heard the door handle jiggle a few times and then she heard knocking. Mi Young didn’t move from her spot and waited to see what was going to happen.

Meanwhile, VIXX and EXO were downstairs in the cafeteria. They were talking about what VIXX was doing with Mi Young and what EXO was doing while they were in their meeting.

Just then Luhan said, “Speaking of Mi Young, where is she?”

VIXX and EXO looked around and just realized that Mi Young never entered the cafeteria. They all got up and walked out of the cafeteria. They looked around and tried to figure out where she went too. EXO devised a plan to split up and go look for her. VIXX agreed and together with EXO, they searched bottom to top of the school. When they came back an hour later, they had no luck in finding Mi Young.

Hongbin sighed and said, “Where would Mi Young go? She was with us when we got into the school.”

Hyuk said, “Well, Mi Young did say that she didn’t really want to come back to the school.”

Kris looked at Hyuk and said, “What? Why not?”

Hyuk shrugged and said, “Don’t know. She didn’t explain. Just that she enjoyed herself with our friends.”

N nodded and said, “Yeah, she wasn’t really thrilled in having to come back, but we made sure she did.”

Tao spoke up and said, “Maybe she went back to your friends’ house?”

N shook his head and said, “No. Mi Young wouldn’t do that. She knows that it’s dangerous in the forest, especially at night.”

Chen spoke, “You told us that Mi Young heard you mention about the Creator. Do you think she is hiding from him?”

N shrugged and said, “She might be. But, she knows that we can protect her.”

VIXX and EXO stood in the hallway and tried to figure out where Mi Young could be. They decided to go and talk to Mi Young’s friends to find out if her friends would know where Mi Young could be. They finally got to Mi Young’s friends room and when class left, they pulled the two girls aside.

Kris looks at them and said, “You’re not in trouble, but we need to know where Mi Young might be.”

The girls looked at each other and then at Kris saying, “We haven’t seen Mi Young since she came back. We’ve been busy with school work, and whenever we tried to talk to her, she would walk away. Oppa, is there something going on with Mi Young?”

Kris sighed and said, “I don’t know. I hope not. But, until we find her, we need you to keep your eyes open for Mi Young. If you see her, let us know.”

The girls nodded and walked away. VIXX and EXO started to walk back to the cafeteria when suddenly Hongbin gasped and threw his hand to his neck. VIXX and EXO stopped and looked at Hongbin. They noticed that he was in pain.

Lay walked over and pulled Hongbin’s hand away and saw an angry scratch going from the left side of his Adam’s apple to right under his left ear.

Lay said, “Hongbin, I’ve never seen this scratch before. Where did you get this?”

Hongbin shrugged and said, “I don’t know. It just appeared and it hurts like hell. Do you know what this could be?”

Lay shrugged and he took Hongbin to the infirmary and he put on some alcohol to help with healing. What surprised Lay was that after three hours since his incident, the scratch didn’t fade away. Lay knows that vampires have a way of healing themselves, but this scratch wasn’t going away. Just then Lay noticed a bruise on Hongbin’s wrist.

Lay said, “Hongbin, something is going on. You now have a bruise on your wrist.”

Hongbin looked at it and then looked at Lay saying, “Hyung, I have no idea what is going on. I’ve never had this before.”

EXO and VIXX went into the library to figure out what could be happening to Hongbin. They searched every book from top to bottom, but they found nothing. Just then Baekhyun comes running down the stairs of the library, which he ended up getting scolded by the librarians for being too noisy. He apologized and walked over to where EXO and VIXX were sitting.

Baekhyun stood in front of them and said, “I think I found out what is happening to Hongbin.”

They looked at him and Leo said, “Well, tell us already.”

Baekhyun sighed and opened the book as he placed it on the table in front of them and said, “Hongbin’s in love.”

EXO and VIXX looked at the page and read the words. It clearly explains that if a vampire falls in love and that person gets hurt, the vampire feels the same pain that their lover is feeling.

VIXX looked up and N said, “This is impossible. Hongbin isn’t in love. He’s the least person to fall in love anyway.”

Chanyeol spoke next, “So what does this have to do with Mi Young?”

Baekhyun sighed and said, “It clearly states that if a vampire, Hongbin, falls in love with another, and their lover gets hurt or killed, the vampire, will feel the same pain. Look at the different types of pain the vampire feels. Hongbin is scratched and now is sporting a bruise on his wrist. Those are just two of the many things that can happen to a vampire.”

Kris looks at N and said, “Did anything happen between Hongbin and Mi Young while in your care?”

N shrugs and says, “Not that I know of.”

Hyuk bit his bottom lip and said, “Well, I might have an idea.”

All eyes went to Hyuk and he said, “A day after we got to the house, I noticed that there seems to be a separation between Hongbin hyung and Mi Young.”

N said, “Why didn’t you say anything?”

Hyuk shrugged and said, “I didn’t think anything of it. I figured that Mi Young didn’t want to spend any time with Hongbin hyung, because we’re always together with her.”

D.O. looked at Hyuk and said, “If this is true, then…” D.O. stopped and gasped as he looked at everyone and then said, “Mi Young is in trouble. We HAVE to find her.”

EXO and VIXX agreed and they frantically started to search the school and even the school grounds. Some of the EXO members went into the forest, but they all came up with nothing. Just then Lay came walking over to them and he looked worried.

Chen said, “What’s wrong Lay hyung?”

Lay sighed and said, “Hongbin. He’s getting worse. I found a few more scratches and bruises. We have to find Mi Young, or….I hate to think what might happen.”

Kai said, “What is the only place we haven’t looked for Mi Young?”

Everyone was quiet and thinking about all the places that they’ve looked when Baekhyun spoke.

“The gym.”

They looked at each other and face palmed themselves. They ran up the stairs to the gym and looked around. Luckily no one was in the gym. Baekhyun walked into the ladies locker room and gasped. He ran out and had tears in his eyes.

“I found where Mi Young was.”

They stopped what they were doing and ran back into the ladies locker room and looked at the broken teacher’s door. Glass was shattered everywhere. They walked in and Baekhyun covered his mouth when he saw blood on the floor.

Baekhyun ran out of the room and into the gym. D.O. followed him and provided comfort after seeing the blood.

Kris turned to look at the door and then he looked at EXO and VIXX saying, “It appears that we might actually have something in this school that could terrorize everyone.” He looked at the door and the members looked to see deep long scratches that was carved into the door.

To be continued…

I do want to apologize for a long delay in getting this chapter written, but also that it is a short chapter. I’ve been dealing with Christmas EVE and Day, and I don’t want to have the villain emerge yet. I want everyone to be surprised at who it is, but also anticipate when the next chapter will come out.

What did you think of this chapter?

So anyway…

  • A black hooded figure followed Mi Young. Who is he?
  • Hongbin suddenly started to get bruises and scratches on his body because of Mi Young.
  • EXO and VIXX found blood on the floor of the teacher’s office and scratches on the door.

 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and spent the time with family and friends. This Christmas has been very tough for us, as seeing I lost 3 uncles this year. One of whom has been the best uncle in the world. He spent his last time with us on July 4th and the week after he passed away in his apartment. Thanksgiving and Christmas are very hard holidays to deal with this year. Plus, I’ve been dealing with school and getting past my finals. Which I did. YAY!

 

Anyway, to those that stayed with my story, thank you.

And as always…

 

                                                                    SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT and UPVOTE!!!!