Chapter 12 - Don't Go

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

Mi Young gasped as she looked at VIXX. She wasn’t expecting them back but here they were. VIXX started to walk in and Ravi bent down and he could smell Mi Young’s blood flowing through her body. It was intoxicating. Mi Young pushed Ravi away from her and she closed the door.

Mi Young stood there and watched as VIXX walked over and looked at Luhan who was still in wolf form.

Leo said, “Mi Young, when did you get the mutt?”

Luhan growled at Leo and Mi Young walked over to keep both from going after each other. She stood in front of Luhan and she said, “Change back.”

Luhan looked at Kris. Kris looked at Mi Young and said, “Um, just so you know, that we don’t exactly have any clothes on when we change.”

Mi Young blushed and she said, “Sehun, go with Luhan as he changes.”

Luhan growled and Sehun led Luhan into another room.

Mi Young turned back to VIXX and she saw N looking at her.

Mi Young said, “What’s with you staring at me?”

N said, “You just smell really good.”

N got closer to Mi Young and he would’ve almost kissed her when he was shoved away and Mi Young was pulled away from them. N looked and saw a man holding Mi Young against him.

N said, “Who are you? We don’t know you!”

Kris spoke, “N…meet Shane. Shane is Mi Young’s twin brother.”

Hongbin looked at Shane and then at Mi Young and said, “Twins?”

Shane nodded and said, “Yes. Twins.”

Hongbin sighed and said, “We weren’t going to hurt her.”

Shane sighed and said, “I know. I just wanted to see who the vampires were of this school.”

N looked at Shane and then at EXO. Shane spoke, “Don’t worry. I knew you were vampires, before I even met you.”

Ken stood behind N and said, “How could you tell?”

Shane touched his nose and said, “I could smell you.”

Hongbin looks at Mi Young and said, “You know?”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Yeah. I found out that you are Vampires, my brother is a Wolf and that EXO are Wolves as well.”

Hyuk speaks, “Does it scare you Mi Young that we are vampires?”

Mi Young sighed and said, “It did in the beginning. But, now that I know that I’m not the only freak in this school. I now feel better.”

Leo snaps, “FREAKS?! HOW DARE YOU CALL US FREAKS!” Leo lungs toward Mi Young and when he almost reaches her, he gets thrown across the room. Leo looks up from where he was thrown to see Shane standing there, protecting Mi Young.

Shane looks at Leo and says, “Behave!”

Ravi walks toward Shane and says, “Now that you know we are vampires, there’s a chance…we could end up biting her.”

Shane looks at Ravi and said, “You can bite her….but nothing will happen.”

Hongbin cocked his head to the side and said, “Why not? Vampires are able to turn people into vampires.”

Lay stood up and said, “Well, unfortunately, Mi Young is not any ordinary person.”

N said, “What do you mean?”

Lay looked at Mi Young and then at VIXX saying, “Mi Young….is a hybrid.”

N, Leo, Ken and Ravi all moved away but Hongbin and Hyuk looked at Lay.

Hongbin said, “What’s a hybrid?”

Lay said, “A hybrid is when two different forces come together and become one.”

Hyuk scratched his head and said, “I don’t understand.”

Leo knocked Hyuk in the back of the head saying, “She’s part vampire and werewolf, stupid.”

Hyuk rubbed where Leo hit him and he looked at Mi Young saying, “Is it true?”

Mi Young nodded and said, “It is.”

Ravi sighed and looked at Shane saying, “So, what do we do now?”

Kris spoke as he stood up, “We have to protect the twins.”

Leo was leaning against the wall and said, “Why? I don’t like him.”

N rolled his eyes and looked at Kris saying, “Why do we have to protect both of them? Why not just protect Mi Young?”

Xiumin opened his mouth, “Because, both Shane and Mi Young are going to be targets now that they are together.”

Hongbin sighed and said, “So, why is Mi Young being a hybrid so special?”

Tao said, “Because, hybrids are the peace between both forces.”

N nodded and said, “I see. Because vampires and werewolves have been enemies for many years. She’s our connection to bring peace to each side, right?”

Tao nodded and said, “Yes. Keeping her alive, keeps the treaty alive.”

Ravi nodded and said, “I thought our princess was special…I didn’t know how special she really was.”

N said, “So, now what do we do?”

Kris shrugged and said, “Act normal. Don’t try to do anything that could put Mi Young’s life in danger. Remember, she has BOTH genes, and she’s ten times stronger than we are. But, we haven’t seen it yet. The only thing that is strong against us is the music and her eyes. But, we’ll find out about her other abilities as she gets used to her new found life.” Kris looked at Shane and nodded.

Shane looked at VIXX and said, “I’m relinquishing my hold onto Mi Young…to you.”

VIXX looked at Shane and Ken said, “What? Why?”

Shane sighed and said, “I can’t stay in one place for too long.”

Hyuk looked at Mi Young and then at Shane saying, “So, you’re leaving?”

Shane nodded and said, “I have too. In order to protect Mi Young, we can’t be together. I was just so happy to see her. But, I know that both of us together, will cause more problems. So, I’ll be the one to leave.”

Even with his angry look, Leo felt his heart go out to Mi Young. He could see the pain in her face and her flinch when Shane would touch her shoulder.

Ken looked at Mi Young and said, “How do you feel, Mi Young, knowing that your brother is leaving?”

Mi Young looked up and they could see tears in her eyes as she snapped, “HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL?” Mi Young pushed Shane away from her and ran out of the room. EXO stood up, but Hongbin raised his hand as he ran out of the door after Mi Young.

Ravi looks at Shane and said, “I take it she didn’t like that you were leaving?”

Shane shook his head and said, “No. She wasn’t happy. She even slapped him, but the thought of staying here hurt me more than her slap. I don’t want to leave Mi Young, but if it’s to keep her alive, then I will.”

               Out in the hallway, Hongbin looked around for Mi Young, but couldn’t find her. He ran down all the hallways on the top floor but couldn’t find her. Then he heard crying in the stairwell. He looked through the window and saw Mi Young sitting on the top step, sobbing. The pain in her crying, caused a lump in his throat. He sighed and opened the door quietly, so as not to startle her. He shut the door and sat down next to her. She didn’t even react. Hongbin just sat there and watched her cry.

Mi Young finally spoke, “Why? Why is everyone leaving me? Am I that cursed?”

Hongbin sighed and said, “No. You’re not cursed. Your brother has to leave.”

Mi Young shook her head as she looked at the stairs saying, “NO! No he doesn’t. He can stay here. You and EXO can protect us.”

Hongbin sighed and said, “How is that fair? Your brother is only doing this to protect you. By him staying, it could mean the death to both of you.”

Mi Young shrugged and said, “At least we’ll have each other again.”

Hongbin clenched his hands together and said, “And what about VIXX and EXO? Do we not mean anything to you?”

Mi Young looked at him and didn’t say anything.

Hongbin continued, “If you haven’t noticed by now, Mi Young. All eighteen of us are infatuated with you. We don’t mean anything to you?”

Mi Young was silent and didn’t say anything as Hongbin sighed and stood up. He was just about to step on the next step when he felt a hand on his wrist. Mi Young looked up at him.

“Please, don’t leave me. Stay with me for a while. Please.” Mi Young asked with a shaky breath.

               Hongbin sighed and turned to walk back down and sit next to Mi Young. They were silent and Hongbin just listened to Mi Young’s breathing and every now and then he’ll hear her sniffle. He sighed again until he felt a weight on his right shoulder and he looked over to see Mi Young’s head on his shoulder. He looked at her for a while and waved a hand in front of her face, only to realize that she had fallen asleep. Hongbin smirked and looked at the nearest wall as he listened to her soft breaths.

After it seemed like an hour, N came over to the door and looked through the window. He saw Hongbin in there, but also Mi Young’s head on his shoulder. N waved Shane over and he looked. He smiled at N and they softly walked into the stairway.

Hongbin looked behind him and whispered, “Her heart is breaking Shane. I hate seeing her like this, but I understand why you have to leave. It might be best, if you leave as soon as possible…” Hongbin looked at the sleeping Mi Young and then at Shane, “before Mi Young wakes up.”

Shane nodded and said, “Yeah, I know. I wanted to give her something before I leave.”

Hongbin watched as Shane took out a necklace and put it around Mi Young’s neck. Shane said, “It was our mother’s and I wanted Mi Young to have it so that she has something of ours.” Shane looks at Hongbin and said, “Promise me that you’ll take care of her…along with EXO. I won’t leave here, until I know that she won’t be harmed.”

Hongbin nodded and said, “We’ll protect her.”

Shane narrowed his eyes at Hongbin and said, “Be nice to EXO. Mi Young and EXO are really close, so I don’t want to see anything that will make Mi Young turn away from EXO. Understand?”

Hongbin nodded and said, “I understand.”

Shane looked at Mi Young and said, “I’m sorry, Mi Young. But, I have to leave. I know that you will be well protected by both EXO and VIXX. One day we will meet again. And when we do, you can beat me for leaving you.” Shane smirked and leaned in to kiss Mi Young on the cheek. He stood up and patted Hongbin on the shoulder as he walked down the stairs and soon out of the school.

Kris walked into the stairwell and gently picked Mi Young up. He looked at Hongbin and said, “Now that you know Mi Young is a hybrid, you have to still be careful around her. Don’t be scaring her with your vampire fangs.”

Hongbin nodded and said, “I understand.”

               Kris brought Mi Young to an unused bedroom on their floor. He laid her down on the bed and covered her up with the blanket. He stood there and looked at her. He can’t believe that the whole time she was at this school, she was the hybrid. No wonder she smelled so good. Her wolf scent came through. Kris wondered what kind of wolf Mi Young had. Kris continued to wonder until he heard a soft knock come from the door. He looked up and saw Luhan motioning for him to come out into the hallway. Kris took one more look at Mi Young and walked out into the hallway and closed the door. There stood all six VIXX members.

N said, “After Shane talked to all of us, we have agreed to take extra care of Mi Young. But…you do realize that as vampires, we can do a lot more than you can.”

Kris nodded and said, “Yeah, I know. But…you also realize that you…can’t go into sunlight. Mi Young can.”

Hyuk sighed and said, “Why did you have to be so negative?”

Kris looked at Hyuk and said, “I’m not the one trying to be competitive. I’m trying to keep EXO and Mi Young alive. Without ANY of the students knowing about this.”

Kris looks at EXO and said, “Okay, Lay. I need you to find out more about the connection between vampires and werewolves. What are the signs we need to see while dealing with a hybrid? Kai and Chanyeol, I need you to go to the library and find out everything you can on who these hunters are. We can’t allow anything to happen to Mi Young. Plus, we’ll have to take turns watching her and making sure nothing happens.”

Hyuk raised his hand and said, “Um, I have a question?”

Kris looked at Hyuk and said, “What is it?”

Hyuk said, “I know I’m not the smartest in the group, but as seeing that Mi Young is both vampire and wolf, uh, what happens if she either has a thirst for blood, or changes into a wolf?”

Everyone was quiet as they tried to figure out the answer to Hyuk’s very smart question.

Kris said, “Well, that’s a very good question Hyuk. I guess we’ll just have to deal with it when it happens.”

               After the meeting, Lay, Chanyeol and Kai went to do what Kris asked for, while the others walked around the school and surveyed everything. Not to mention Suho wanted to be the first to watch over Mi Young. Suho was sitting in his chair in Mi Young’s room and he had fallen asleep. He woke up and noticed that Mi Young wasn’t in bed. He got up and looked around the room but couldn’t find Mi Young. He looked outside and gasped. There was Mi Young. She was standing in front of the building but she was looking toward the forest. Suho ran out and woke up EXO and VIXX.

Suho said, “Mi Young! She’s outside!”

               EXO and VIXX jumped up and ran outside to see Mi Young standing there. They shivered from the cool breeze. They saw her standing there and looking toward the forest. Suddenly, they looked and saw something moving in the forest. It was the lady in blue. She was walking through the forest as she has done for many years. And then she stopped as she got to the end of the forest and looked over. She saw Mi Young looking at her. VIXX and EXO watched the interaction between the two. Then Mi Young started to walk toward the forest. EXO tried to stop her but she pushed them out of the way. Even VIXX tried to stop her, but they got pushed away as well. EXO and VIXX were at a loss in what to do. They promised Shane that they would protect his sister. They walked up behind her and watched as she stood in front of the lady in blue. They couldn’t believe the resemblance. The lady in blue mirrored Mi Young. The only thing that Mi Young didn’t have was the blood red lips.

               They watched as both the lady in blue and Mi Young held up their hands and touched each other. No words were spoken as the two women looked and touched their hands together. Then, Mi Young whimpered as tears ran down her face. They heard howling off in the distance somewhere in the forest and the lady in blue turned to look at where the howling was. She turned back to Mi Young and then backed away and then turned to walk back in the forest. The lady in blue seemed to disappear. Mi Young looked up at the bright full moon.

Hongbin came up behind Mi Young and said, “Mi Young, are you alright?”

Mi Young didn’t say anything for a few minutes and then she looked over at Hongbin and said, “I’m going to die.”

 

 

To be continued…

 

What did you think of this chapter?

Thank you for reading the chapter, please leave some feedback and upvote.

I want to thank zarmeenzahid for wanting to see an interaction between VIXX and Mi Young. I was thinking about it as seeing, VIXX came back, but I figured that I could think of something. Hope you like it and that it is close to the interaction you wanted to see. There will be more interactions between the two groups with Mi Young.

Now that Shane is out of the picture, and he entrusted his sister into EXO’s and VIXX’s care, there will be a lot of interaction between them.

Hongbin seems to like being around Mi Young.

 

As always…

 

 

                                   SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!