Chapter 20 - Missing

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

** Wow, talk about a double dose of My Immortal. I didn't even realize that I didn't post chapter 19, so after I posted chapter 19, I decided to post chapter 20 as well. So here it is.**

 

               A week later, the teachers announced to the students that they need to get permission to go on a field trip to a museum. The students were ecstatic and clapped. They were so happy that they didn’t need to be at school and do homework. EXO and Mi Young watched the students and they smiled at each other. After the last class, EXO met upstairs in the music room. They waited for Mi Young, and when Luhan looked at the clock, he realized that Mi Young is two hours late.

Luhan ran over to Kris and said, “Kris, we have a problem. Mi Young is two hours late. I told her to meet us up here.”

Kris shrugged and said, “She might be spending time with her new friends. Remember us and VIXX aren’t the only friends she has.”

Luhan sighed and said, “Yeah, I know. But, still.”

Almost three hours later, Mi Young walked into the room smiling. EXO glared at her, but softened when they saw her smiling.

Sehun walked over and said, “Mi Young, why are you smiling?”

Mi Young said, “Because I’m going on a field trip with a bunch of my friends. I haven’t spent much time with the other girls.”

EXO’s faces fell when they heard her mention ‘girls’.

Luhan walked over and said, “Why were you late?”

Mi Young said, “I’m late?” She looked at her watch and said, “Oh my. I’m sorry Luhan, I was busy talking with some of my friends and then Hongbin wanted to talk to me.”

Luhan sighed and said, “It seems you like spending time with your friends, than with us.”

Mi Young narrowed her eyes at Luhan and said, “Luhan, you’re NOT the only friends that I have at this school.”

Luhan shrugged and said, “I know.”

Mi Young looked at EXO and then at Luhan saying, “Aww, is Luhan jealous?”

Luhan looked at Mi Young and said, “What?! No! I’m not jealous.”

Mi Young laughed as she saw that Luhan’s face was turning pink and she said, “Yes you are. You’re blushing. You are so jealous.”

Luhan grit his teeth together and said, “So what if I am. We are your friends that introduced you to the others. You should spend more time with us.”

Mi Young looked at the others and said, “So, are the rest of you as jealous of my friends as Luhan is?”

The other EXO members looked at each other and then looked away.

Mi Young clenched her fists together and said, “I can’t believe all of you. You guys introduced me to my friends and now you don’t want me to spend time with them. Well, just because you’re jealous, I’m going to spend even MORE time with them. You make me soooo mad!”

Mi Young turned around and walked out of the room. Everyone looked at each other and then at Luhan.

Luhan looked at them and said, “What?!”

Xiumin said, “Even though we are jealous of Mi Young’s friends, we do have to let her be with her friends. We just have to be there for her in case something happens.”

Luhan sighed and said, “I know. But, it still isn’t right that she spends more time with them, than us.”

Suho walked over to Luhan and said, “I know you don’t like that, but there’s not much we can do. We just have to let everything take its course.”

Luhan sighed and walked over to the window and looked down. There he saw Mi Young walking with a bunch of girls that now are her friends. Mi Young stopped and looked up to the window and saw Luhan. She narrowed her eyes at him and turned her back to walk with her friends.

-------------------------------------------

               Two days later and it was the field trip. Many of the students brought in their papers that were signed by their parents in order for them to go on this field trip. The teachers collected the papers and then they got the students to stand up. The teachers led the students outside and into the buses. Soon, the buses took them deeper into the city of Seoul. There stood the oldest museum in Seoul. The students got out of the buses and the teachers led them into the museum.

Luhan tried to get Mi Young’s attention, but she just gave him the cold shoulder and walked with her friends. EXO walked over and comforted Luhan. They walked into the museum as well.

The teachers led the students to each display and they got to see what Korea looked like when men first walked on Korean soil. They saw the many wars and battles. They read about how many people died and what life was like back then.

Then the teachers walked toward the newest display. Mi Young walked with her friends and she just stood there as she looked at the display. Her friends were laughing at the display and pointing as they called it names. Mi Young just kept staring at the vampire that was standing in the display case. The inscription under the display read, ‘Unknown vampire.’

One of Mi Young’s friends walked over and said, “Come on Mi Young, let’s get away from this freak. You can’t seriously think this thing is real?”

Mi Young didn’t want to look like a freak too, nor did she want to lose her friends. Mi Young sighed and laughed as she looked at her friends.

“Yeah, this thing is so fake. I bet he wasn’t even alive. The museum just made him look real.”

Mi Young’s friends laughed and nodded as they walked away and laughed. They walked to another display and Mi Young sighed as she looked at the display. She just kept staring at it and suddenly she felt the air around her get cold. She gasped when she saw the vampires’ red eyes open and look at Mi Young. She took a few steps back and walked away.

               Mi Young looked around but couldn’t see any of her classmates. She went from room to room but couldn’t find them. She even went outside to see if the buses left, but they were still there. Mi Young couldn’t figure out where her classmates were at. Mi Young continued looking at the different displays. Mi Young decided to backtrack the way she walked to see if she’ll see her classmates. She walked back over to where the vampire was and she didn’t want to look at him. He made her uncomfortable when he opened his eyes. Mi Young had her back to the vampire display and continued looking around. She started to feel cold again and she slowly turned around and looked at the vampire display. Mi Young stood there with her eyes wide and mouth open. The vampire in the display was…gone.

-------------------------------------------------

EXO were walking around the rooms to the displays and enjoying their time, except Luhan. EXO hung back and let the other students walk ahead of them as they looked at the displays and talked.

Sehun said, “Luhan, are you still sore about Mi Young liking her friends more?”

Luhan sighed and said, “No. Just sad that I hurt her feelings.”

Sehun nodded and said, “I see. Well, she’s still here in the museum. Maybe you could talk to her.”

Luhan shook his head and said, “No. She’s with her friends.”

Sehun shook his head and said, “No she’s not. Her friends are right over there.”

Luhan looked up and sure enough over by the cavemen display were Mi Young’s friends, but no sign of Mi Young. Luhan looked around but didn’t see her. Luhan ran over to Kris and told him that Mi Young is not with the group.

Lay quieted down the members and said, “It feels really cold in the museum and I’m starting to feel a very strong presence here.”

Kris nodded and said, “I agree. We better find Mi Young and fast.”

EXO split up and went to look for Mi Young.

------------------------------------------

Mi Young ran from the vampire room and looked around to see if he might’ve went somewhere. She met a lot of staff and the other people look at her a little strangely, but they walked right past her. Mi Young continued to go from room to room, until she found a bench to sit down on. She sat there and sighed. She tried to figure out where her classmates were and how long she was staring at the vampire display.

Mi Young put her head in her hands and sighed. She tried to go through her memory banks and try to find out where her classmates ran off too. She didn’t notice that someone is walking slowly behind her. A hand touched her left shoulder causing her to jump up and gasp. She turned around and glared at the person who touched her. Mi Young suddenly smiled and ran over to the person. She put her arms around him.

“Luhan. I’m so glad to see you.”

Luhan blushed and put his arms around Mi Young and said, “You are?”

Mi Young looked at Luhan and said, “Yeah. I lost my classmates and…and…there’s something in the museum.”

Luhan narrowed his eyes and said, “What do you mean?”

Mi Young grabbed Luhan’s hand and led him back to the vampire display and showed him.

Mi Young said, “There was a vampire in that display. How could he have disappeared? What’s more is that he was never dead.”

Luhan said, “How do you know?”

Mi Young said, “The vampire opened his eyes and looked at me.”

Luhan sighed and said, “Yeah, we all felt it.”

Mi Young said, “Who is he?”

Luhan shrugged and said, “Don’t know.”

Suddenly, all the lights in the museum went out. Mi Young grabbed onto Luhan and gasped. They could hear screaming and crying from the other students and the other people in the museum.

Luhan said, “Stay close by Mi Young. We don’t want to lose each other.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “I agree. I’m not going anywhere.”

               Luhan took out his cell phone and used the light on it to light the way and he smiled as he looked over to see Mi Young was clutching his arm tightly. As they walked, they heard breathing close by. They knew it wasn’t either of them. Not to mention footsteps. They walked a few more steps when the breathing was almost on top of them. They turned around but didn’t see anyone. They turned back and gasped when Mi Young and Luhan got separated from something hitting them.

Luhan grabbed his phone and called out, “MI YOUNG! MI YOUNG, WHERE ARE YOU?!”

But there was no response. Luhan continued to call out to Mi Young, but there was nothing. Luhan eventually met up with the other EXO members and he explained what happened. They scattered again and went looking for Mi Young. They couldn’t figure out who or what would want Mi Young for. But, they continued on.

               Suho and Luhan looked at the spot where they were attacked and Suho noticed some blood on the floor. He walked over to it and sniffed it and took out a rag. He remembers being trained by Lay on how to get blood samples from cement floors or tile floors. Suho wiped up a little of the blood and then put it in a baggy. He stood up and Luhan and Suho continued on their search. Luhan and Suho continued to sniff the air and Suho got Mi Young’s scent. Suho started to run after the scent and Luhan ran after Suho. They around the museum until Suho almost ran into a brick wall. There the scent just disappears. He looks around but the scent stops in front of the brick wall. Suho looks up and everywhere, but they don’t see any sign of Mi Young.

Then a man walks out from a room and sees Suho and Luhan looking around. He narrows his eyes and smirks. He walks over and says, “Can I help you gentlemen?”

Luhan looks up and says, “Uh, no. We’re just looking for something.”

The man leans against the brick wall and watches them. Then he says, “Whatever you’re looking for isn’t there.”

Luhan shrugged and continued to look and said, “It doesn’t matter. We’re just going to continue to look.”

Suho lifted his head and said, “What do you know about what we’re looking for?”

The man taps his fingers on his arms and said, “Well, I know that you’re looking for someone who is very pretty.”

Suho and Luhan looked at him and Luhan narrowed his eyes and said, “Who are you?”

The man smirked and moved away from the wall saying, “Who I am doesn’t concern you. I think you’re more interested in what I know about a certain….hybrid.”

Luhan gritted his teeth and said, “What did you do with her? Where is she?”

The man shook his head and said, “Shhh, quiet. If you make a lot of noise, your precious hybrid could be killed.”

Suho calmed Luhan down and said, “Okay. Where is she?”

The man smiled and said, “You’re dogs. You sniff her out.”

Suho narrowed his eyes at the man and said, “Who are you?”

The man smiled and opened his mouth and they saw fangs. Suho said, “You’re a….vampire.”

The man nodded and said, “You are correct. But, I’m not just ANY vampire.”

Luhan said, “Wait. Are you the vampire from the museum?”

The vampire nodded and said, “Correct again.”

Suho sighed and said, “Okay. Why do you want the hybrid?”

The vampire looked at Suho and Luhan saying, “The hybrid has the power of BOTH species. Don’t you want to have it all?”

Suho shook his head and said, “No. Werewolves are not like that.”

The vampire shrugged and said, “Well, that’s the loss of the werewolves. What the wolves lose, is what the vampires will gain.”

Luhan raised an eyebrow and said, “What do you mean?”

The vampire smirked and said, “The hybrid will be our slave and do our bidding. But, in turn, she will give us her power and we will be more powerful than before.”

Suho said, “You’re crazy. You can’t do that. Mi Young may be a hybrid, but she’s still a girl.”

The vampire shrugged and said, “What do I care? Her body is just a host. What I want is what is inside her. The power of the hybrid.”

Suho shook his head and said, “We won’t allow you to damage Mi Young.”

The vampire laughed and said, “In order to protect her….Suho, you have to find her first. Good luck.”

               The vampire laughed again and suddenly the lights went out again for a few seconds. When the lights came back on the vampire was gone. Suho and Luhan now knew that they have to find Mi Young as soon as possible or she could lose her life. They ran to find the other members and explain to them what happened. You can say that Kris wasn’t too happy to hear that Mi Young was kidnapped and is going to die, and her powers will be taken from her. They realize as they looked around that changing into wolves is not going to be a smart idea, as seeing there are a lot of humans walking around and seeing wild wolves running in the museum will cause a stampede out of the museum. It could end up hurting the humans.

Kai spoke, “I can go through walls. Let me see if I can possibly find her.”

Chanyeol shook his head and said, “No. Kai can get hurt if other vampires are waiting for him.”

Kris thought about it and said, “Kai, I will allow you to go. But, you need to take 2 other members with you as added protection.”

Kai sighed and said, “Really? I can take care of myself.”

Kris narrowed his eyes at Kai and said, “Either you take 2 members with you, or you don’t go.”

Kai pouted and realized that he can’t go against Kris. Kai nodded and he looked at s to see who would be the best. Kai decided to take Baekhyun, for light and Chanyeol, for flames if they come across any vampires.

Luhan looks at Kai and says, “Good luck. I hope she’s okay.”

Kai nods and says, “Same here.” He looks over at Baekhyun and Chanyeol as they grabbed hands and Kai transported them out of the room.

The rest of the EXO group decided to go and look for Mi Young themselves.

 

To be continued….

 

What do you think of the chapter?

 

I do apologize for a crappy chapter. I wanted to get a chapter out before I waited too long. For those that don’t know, my uncle passed away a week ago and we got news about his death last Monday. We were devastated and my parents are going to have him cremated, so that’s why I haven’t updated my story. After 4 days of holding my grief in, it finally came out at work on Friday. So, at least I’ve grieved, but it still isn’t over. Every now and then I’ll think about him. So, just wanted to let you know the reason why I haven’t updated.

 

Anyway…I had Mi Young kidnapped and now EXO has to find her in the museum.

  • Vampire from the museum came alive and has taken Mi Young.
  • Kai, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are looking for her.
  • The vampire wants to kill Mi Young and get her powers.

 

Please leave some feedback on the story and chapter. And if you can upvote.

 

As always….

 

                                  SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!!