Chapter 27 - No Giving Up

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

               The next morning, Mi Young opened her eyes, yawned and stretched as she sat up in bed. She looked around and noticed that the room didn’t look like hers. She sat there for a few minutes and then remembered that she was in Super Junior’s den. Mi Young stood up and changed into some pants and a shirt as she opened the door and walked out of the room. She was shocked at how bright the living room looked. She still couldn’t get that this den looks just like a house, then again, werewolves pretty much can do anything. She heard talking and laughing in the kitchen and she decided to check it out. Mi Young walked over and stood in the doorway as she watched Super Junior eating. Just then Henry looked up and ran over to Mi Young. The others turned and saw her standing there.

Henry said, “Mi Young, you’re up. Come, have some breakfast. Ryeowook hyung made it and it’s delicious.”

Mi Young smiled at them and sat down as Henry put another plate in front of her and she started to eat.

Mi Young looked at Ryeowook and said, “I agree. This food is delicious.”

Ryeowook blushed and said, “Thank you Mi Young. I’m glad you like it.”

Mi Young finished her breakfast and then Henry ran into the room and grabbed Mi Young’s hand.

Henry said, “Come, Mi Young. Let’s have some fun outside.”

Ryeowook stood up and took his dish along with Mi Young’s dish and said, “Henry, Mi Young just woke up. Let her freshen up before doing anything.”

Henry pouted and looked at Mi Young saying, “If you want too.”

Mi Young shrugged and said, “Not really. If we’re going to be having some fun, I might get dirty and sweaty so there’s no reason to freshen up right now. Come on Henry, let’s go play.”

Henry jumped up and down and he grabbed Mi Young’s hand again and they ran out through the back door and outside. Henry was leading Mi Young down a path that led farther back of the forest. Mi Young hasn’t really been through every part of the forest, so she doesn’t know what the other places are like. Henry was having fun taking Mi Young to his secret place.

After a while, Mi Young looked behind her and the forest started to look dark. Mi Young was feeling pretty scared being by herself. She turned and didn’t see Henry anywhere. Mi Young looked around but didn’t see where Henry ran off too. But, Mi Young could smell an aroma on the air. An aroma that wasn’t familiar to her.

Mi Young cried out, “HENRY! HENRY! WHERE ARE YOU?!”

After a few times calling for Henry, Mi Young said, “HENRY, THIS IS NOT FUNNY!”

Just then Mi Young saw some bushes move and she took a few steps back. Mi Young waited as the bushes continued to move, and she held her breath when a rabbit jumped out and scampered away. Mi Young let go of the breath she held. Just then she gasped when she felt someone grab her and put a hand over to keep her from screaming.

Mi Young was struggling and trying to hit the attacker. It was doing nothing and Mi Young moved her face and bit down hard on the hand when the hand moved. She heard a male voice behind her and she got out of the man’s grip and turned around. The man was dressed in a robe and he had his face covered with a hood.

The man looked at his hand that was bleeding and then at Mi Young and said, “That was not nice, Mi Young.”

Mi Young’s eyes went wide and she said, “Who are you?”

The man looked at Mi Young and said, “I’ve been searching for you.”

Mi Young narrowed her eyes at the man and said, “What do you want with me?”

The man snickered and took a dagger out from underneath the robe and said, “To die. Hybrids aren’t supposed to live.”

               Mi Young gasped and took a few steps back as the man lunged at her. Mi Young tried to stay ahead of the man so that the dagger doesn’t stab her. Mi Young kept dodging the dagger, until she tripped over a tree root and she fell to the ground. The man gripped the dagger and lunged at Mi Young again. She grabbed his arms as he straddled Mi Young and the dagger blade started coming closer and closer to Mi Young’s chest. Mi Young could feel how strong the man was and she knew that she wouldn’t be able to hold him off for long. Mi Young cried out and she saw that his hand was close to her face and she bit hard on the arm causing blood to trickle out. The man cried out and he used his energy and plunged the dagger blade into Mi Young’s right shoulder. Mi Young cried out in pain. She pushed the man off her and she grabbed the dagger handle and pulled it from her shoulder. Blood flowed out of the wound and she tried to get her footing.

               The man started to get up and Mi Young watched as the man picked the dagger up again and lunged at Mi Young. Even though she was in pain, Mi Young knew that she needed to get rid of this guy before he kills her or anyone else. Mi Young got sliced a few more times from the dagger. Mi Young was losing blood little by little and she didn’t want to die like this. When the man lunged at Mi Young one last time, Mi Young grew her nails long so that they look like claws and she sunk her claws into the mans’ throat and created a slice from ear to ear. The man gurgled and she watched as blood pooled at the man’s feet. She watched as he fell to the ground dead and his blood soaking the ground red. Mi Young hissed in pain as she started to walk away.

               Mi Young started to make her way back to Super Junior’s den. She didn’t realize that she was creating a trail of blood on the ground. She heard movement coming behind her, but she just kept moving. Mi Young pushed on even though something was slowly creeping toward her. Mi Young finally turned around and was shocked to see five wolves standing a few feet away and growling at her. Mi Young knew that if she showed any signs of pain, they will kill her within seconds. Mi Young took a few steps backwards as she watched the wolves. They started to show their teeth and growl at her. Mi Young’s eyes started to blur and she knew that she was losing more and more blood.

               Mi Young fell to the ground and put her good arm over her head when she saw the wolves lunge at her. Mi Young waited for the wolves’ teeth to sink into her flesh, but she felt nothing. Mi Young moved her arm away and she could see three dark shapes in her blurry vision. She saw them walk toward her and she tried to move away. The figures stopped and looked at each other, and then they walked toward Mi Young again.
Mi young cried out and lashed out with her good hand with her claws, and the figures made sure they stayed away from them. They saw what damage they could do, if the figures got close to her claws. Mi Young started to feel dizzy and she was trying desperately to stay awake, but the pain in her shoulder and the loss of blood was taking a toll on her. Mi Young swiped a few more times in the air and her eyes rolled to the back of her head and fell unconscious on the ground.

The figures stood there and looked down at the now unconscious Mi Young. The figures walked slowly toward Mi Young and they knelt down next to her body. The one closest to her shoulder looked at the wound and hissed when the figure noticed how bad it looked. Just then there was a voice behind the figures and they turned around. It was Henry.

Henry looked at the figures and then at Mi Young and said, “What happened? MI YOUNG!”

One of the figures pulled the hood off his face and it was Kangin. He knelt down next to Mi Young and then looked at Henry saying, “Mi Young was attacked. We have to get her back to the den.”

The other two figures took off their hoods and Henry saw that it was Sungmin and Kyuhyun. Henry said, “Why are you guys dressed in hoods and robes?”

Sungmin sighed and knelt next to Mi Young’s body and said, “Ryeowook said that he felt something wrong in the forest and he wanted someone to go and find you and Mi Young. We noticed that Mi Young was by herself and we watched. She was almost ripped apart.”

Henry sighed and said, “Is she going to die?”

Kyuhyun looked at Henry and said, “Not if we can get her back to the den. Zhou Mi hyung can patch her up.”

Kangin nodded and he put a hand under Mi Young’s back and the other arm under Mi Young’s knees and picked her up bridal style.

Kangin said, “Come on, let’s go back before those wolves decided to return.”

They all walked back to the den and Leeteuk almost passed out when he saw the state that Mi Young was in. Zhou Mi immediately took her and started to patch up the wound. After a few hours, Zhou Mi finally came out and wiped his hands off on a cloth.

Zhou Mi said, “Mi Young lost a lot of blood, but I was able to stop the bleeding. I’ve got her on a blood transfusion and she’s going to be out for some time. I think we’re going to have to watch her now that she’s hurt.”

Leeteuk nodded and said, “I agree. Thank you Zhou Mi.”

Zhou Mi nodded and walked back into the infirmary.

Leeteuk turned to Henry and put his hands on his hips and said, “Okay, what the hell happened? Why did you leave Mi Young’s side?”

Henry bit his bottom lip and said, “I didn’t know that she wasn’t following me.”

Heechul walked up and slapped Henry at the back of the head causing Henry to yelp.

Heechul grabbed Henry’s back of the neck and said, “You know that if Kangin, Sungmin and Kyuhyun didn’t go and find Mi Young, she would’ve been dead. How could you be so careless, Henry?”

Henry bit his bottom lip and said, “I’m sorry.”

Heechul put more pressure on Henry’s neck and growled in his ear saying, “You should be sorry. Our asses would be on the line, if anything happened to Mi Young.”

Tears filled Henry’s eyes as Heechul pushed Henry to the ground and walked away. Henry rubbed the back of his neck to alleviate the pain from Heechu’s grip.

Leeteuk sighed and said, “Henry, Mi Young put all her trust in you. How could you have let her down by leaving her side?”

Henry opened his mouth but Leeteuk held up a hand and said, “I don’t want you to explain. I want you to go to your room and figure out what you did wrong. You are not to go near Mi Young.”

Henry’s tears ran down his face as he nodded and hung his head. He walked past Leeteuk and made his way down the hall and passed the infirmary as he knew that Mi Young was lying on one of the beds. Henry continued walking until he got to his bedroom, and closed the door. He laid down on his bed and cried himself to sleep.

The next morning, most of Super Junior were out hunting and/or looking for the person who attacked Mi Young. Apparently when Kangin, Sungmin and Kyuhyun went back for the attackers’ body, it was gone. But, they ruled out wolves because there was no other sign of killing the attacker. The only blood was from the fight between Mi Young and the attacker.

Ryeowook has been trying all day to get Henry out of his room, but he refused. Henry even locked his door and laid on the bed with his back to the door. Ryeowook tried a few more times, but Henry didn’t respond to him. Ryeowook was hurt, because Henry and Ryeowook were very close. Ryeowook went to look for Leeteuk and explain what is going on.

Ryeowook found Leeteuk in the infirmary talking to Zhou Mi and he saw Mi Young sitting up and talking. Ryeowook smiled and walked over.

Ryeowook said, “Mi Young, you’re awake.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Yes I am. But, Zhou Mi doesn’t want me to overdo it. He even mentioned for me to get more rest.”

Ryeowook nodded and said, “Well, you should. After what you went through. Your body needs to recuperate.”

Mi Young nodded and looked around and then back at Leeteuk saying, “Um, where is Henry?”

Leeteuk sighed and said, “Henry is being punished.”

Mi Young’s eyes went wide and she said, “For what?”

Leeteuk looked at Mi Young and said, “Because he left you out in the woods and you were attacked.”

Mi Young shook her head and said, “I would’ve been attacked whether I was with Henry or not.”

Leeteuk shook his head and said, “I’m sorry, but he’s being punished and he’ll have to learn to respect people. He was responsible for you and he disobeyed.”

Mi Young opened but Leeteuk held up his hand and shook his head. Leeteuk turned around and walked out of the infirmary with Ryeowook trailing behind.

When they closed the door to the infirmary, Ryeowook stopped Leeteuk and said, “Don’t you think you’re being too harsh on Henry?”

Leeteuk looked at Ryeowook and said, “What? No. I’m not being harsh. Henry needs to learn how to be responsible for other people he is caring for.”

Ryeowook sighed and said, “I think there’s something wrong with Henry.”

Leeteuk said, “What? Why do you say that?”

Ryeowook sighed and said, “Because, he won’t come out of his room and even locked the door.”

Leeteuk shrugged and said, “He’ll survive. He’ll come out and eat something when he’s hungry.”

Ryeowook glared at Leeteuk and said, “What? Henry is only a pup.”

Leeteuk said, “Henry is a young boy that needs to work out what he did wrong. I am trying to teach him how to be responsible for others. I was hoping he would put Mi Young over himself, but he didn’t. He allowed Mi Young to get hurt.”

Ryeowook opened his mouth and said, “But, Leeteuk….”

Leeteuk shook his head and said, “No, Ryeowook. This discussion is over.”

Leeteuk turned and walked away, leaving a sad Ryeowook in the hallway.

Leeteuk walked outside and saw Kangin, Sungmin and Kyuhyun walk toward him.

Kangin said, “Leeteuk, we have a problem.”

Leeteuk nodded and said, “What’s wrong?”

Kangin sighed and said, “I think the person that attacked Mi Young was working for the Creator.”

Leeteuk’s eyes went wide and he said, “What? How do you know?”

Sungmin spoke, “We followed a trail of blood through the forest and we ended at a town. We overheard some of the people there that a strange man has been bringing in dead wolves in to the town.”

Leeteuk nodded and said, “So, how do you know that it’s the Creator?”

Kyuhyun sighed and said, “Because I saw him.”

Leeteuk looked at Kyuhyun and said, “You saw him? What does he look like?”

Kyuhyun bit his bottom lip and looked at the others and then back at Leeteuk and said, “He looks to be about six feet tall and with brown hair. I couldn’t see his face much. But, I could tell that he must be the Creator. He wasn’t dressed like everyone else.”

Leeteuk sighed and said, “I was wondering when the Creator was going to come and search for Mi Young. We’ll have to make sure that Mi Young is protected at all times.”

Kangin, Sungmin and Kyuhyun all nodded. Leeteuk watched as they walked away and then he turned to look at the forest again.

 

To be continued…

 

So, what did you think of this chapter?

  • Henry left Mi Young in the woods and she was attacked.
  • Henry got disciplined by Leeteuk for leaving Mi Young.
  • Mi Young was attacked by a man that was very strong.
  • The Creator is getting closer to finding Mi Young.

What do you think might happen? Do you think the Creator will find Mi Young?

 

Please leave some feedback so that I know that you’ve read the chapters and what you think of the story so far. I love reading feedback.

Thanks to everyone who stayed and waited for the next chapter.

Please upvote the story if you haven’t already…

 

And as always…

 

                      SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!