Chapter 26 - Gone

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

The next morning, Lay walked into the nurses’ station and heard talking. Kris and Mi Young were allowed to leave the night before, so who was talking? Lay walked toward Luhan’s room and when he walked into the room, he smiled. There sitting up and talking was Luhan. Sehun was sitting on the bed next to Luhan.

Lay smiled and said, “Well, I’ll be. You’re awake, Luhan.”

Luhan smiled and looked at Lay saying, “Yes, I am. Actually I woke up last night.”

Lay nodded and he walked over and took Luhan’s pulse. Lay smiled and said, “Well, you seem to be getting pretty healthy now.”

Luhan nodded and looked at Sehun, then he looked back at Lay and said, “So, when can I leave?”

Lay sighed and scratched his head saying, “Luhan, do you remember what happened to you?”

Luhan looked down at his hands and said, “I do.”

Lay said, “Are you okay with me releasing you, and being in the same company with the one that did this to you?”

Luhan looked up at Lay and said, “I do. Mi Young is the victim. She didn’t want to do this, but I was in the same room as her.”

Sehun looked at Luhan and said, “Are you protecting her? She just tried to kill you!”

Luhan looked at Sehun and said, “I don’t care that she tried to kill me. It wasn’t her fault.”

Luhan looked at Lay and said, “Where is Mi Young?”

Lay said, “I sent her back to her room.”

Luhan nodded and then said, “What do you mean? Did something happen to her?”

Lay looked at Sehun and then at Luhan saying, “Don’t worry about that. Just rest and I’ll come back to see if you’ll be ready to be released.”

Lay turned around but stopped when he heard Luhan calling him. “LAY!”

Lay turned back around and looked at Luhan and said, “I was told not to speak about it.”

Luhan said, “You tell me what happened to Mi Young.”

Lay sighed and walked closer to Luhan and said, “Mi Young…was attacked.”

Luhan gasped and said, “Attacked?! By who?!”

Lay said, “Kai.”

Luhan was quiet but then he jumped off the bed and raced past Lay. Lay wasn’t fast enough to stop Luhan. Sehun ran out of the room after Luhan. Lay followed behind them and ran down the hallway. Luhan turned the corner and pulled the doors to the music room open and there sitting in the chairs were the other EXO members. In the middle was Kai.

               All eyes turned to the doors and everyone stood up when they saw Luhan standing in the doorway in a hospital gown. Luhan growled and ran toward the middle and pounced on Kai. He started to punch and growl at Kai. He continued to fight Kai even when he felt hands trying to get him off Kai. Luhan turned around and bit the hand that was on his arm. He heard a cry in pain and he went back to hitting Kai. Suddenly, he was picked up and thrown across the room. Luhan stood up and saw Chanyeol standing in between Luhan and Kai.

Luhan glared at Chanyeol and said, “What are you doing, protecting Kai?”

Chanyeol said, “Luhan, calm down.”

Luhan shook his head and said, “How can I….when I found out that Kai hurt Mi Young?”

Kris looked over at Lay who hid behind Sehun.

Kris looked at Luhan and said, “Kai has already been punished for what he did.”

Luhan made fists and said, “What…did…he…do?”

Kris shook his head and said, “I will not tell you until you calm down.”

Luhan looked at everyone else and said, “Where’s Mi Young?!”

Everyone started to move behind Kris and Chanyeol as Luhan was getting more and more agitated.

Luhan looked at Kris and said, “You had better tell me where she is.”

Kris sighed and said, “Why? What will that do for you to see Mi Young?”

Luhan said, “I care for Mi Young. I know that it wasn’t her fault for what she did to me.”

Kris sighed and said, “You are not calm yet, Luhan. I will not give Mi Young’s whereabouts until you are completely calm.”

Luhan walked over and shattered a desk causing everyone to jump and gasp. Luhan looked down at the shattered remains of the desk and he picked up one of the pieces, which so happens to be sharp and he looked up at Kris.

Kris shook his head and said, “Luhan, don’t do this. You’re still recovering from your injuries. Don’t make the mistake of fighting me…because you know that I’ll hurt you.”

Luhan walked toward Kris when he stopped. There standing in between him and Kris was Sehun.

Sehun held up his hands and said, “Luhan, please. Don’t do this. I don’t want to lose you. I care for you. Please, let’s go back to the nurses’ station, so that you can recover.”

Luhan said, “Sehun get out of the way. I want to know what happened to Mi Young, and the only person that knows is Kris.”

Sehun’s eyes watered and he said, “Luhan, please. Don’t do this.”

Luhan wasn’t fazed by Sehun’s tears and he pushed Sehun out of the way and almost plunged the wood into Kris’s chest, when he was stopped by a shout. He looked over and saw that it was Hongbin.

Luhan said, “Hongbin, where is Mi Young?”

Hongbin stood in the doorway and said, “Luhan, Mi Young would not be happy if anything happened to you.”

Luhan reacted to Mi Young’s name and he walked toward Hongbin and said, “Where is she?”

Hongbin sighed and said, “Mi Young…is gone.”

Luhan tilted his head to the side and said, “Gone? What do you mean gone?”

Hongbin said, “She left the school.”

Luhan gasped and said, “What?! When?! Why?!”

Hongbin sighed and said, “That I can not tell you. Mi Young wanted me to tell you that she is sorry for what she did.”

Luhan’s eyes watered as he walked closer to Hongbin and said, “Hongbin, I need to know…how is Mi Young?”

Hongbin looked at the others and then at Luhan saying, “She is sad. But, she will be better.”

Luhan sighed and said, “Sad? Why can’t you tell me where she is? I want to help her.”

Hongbin shook his head and said, “Mi Young needs time to rest. You must listen to her words when she says that you should not worry about her. She will be back, but right now she needs time to rest.”

Luhan sighed and said, “I miss her. I want her to know that I’m not angry at her.”

Hongbin nods and says, “I’ll let her know. If you wanted to know, you, Luhan…was her favorite out of all the wolves.”

Luhan’s eyes went wide and he said, “Really? Why me?”

Hongbin stepped closer to Luhan and said, “Because, you are innocent and pure. You don’t make her feel different. You have been there for her and helped her since she was in the school. It tore her heart when she saw what she had done.”

Luhan sighed and threw the wood away from him and then looked at Hongbin saying, “Will…she come back?”

Hongbin nodded and said, “Yeah. She will. But, right now, she just needs time. Can you give her that?”

Luhan nodded and said, “Yeah, I can. Let her know that I care for her….and miss her.”

Hongbin nodded and said, “I will.”

Hongbin looked at Kris and said, “I’ll keep in touch and let you know how everything is.”

Kris nodded and they watched as Hongbin turned and walked out of the music room.

Luhan sighed and walked back over to Kris and knelt down in front of him and put his head on the floor. Kris stood there and watched Luhan’s display. They’ve never seen Luhan like this before and it unnerved them.

Kris knelt down and put his hand on Luhan’s back saying, “Luhan, get up. You don’t belong on the ground.”

Luhan looked up at Kris and said, “But, I disrespected you.”

Kris shook his head and said, “No, you didn’t. You did try to attack me, but you didn’t.”

Luhan sighed and said, “I’m sorry, Kris. I was worried about Mi Young.”

Kris nodded and said, “I know.”

Kris looked at Lay and said, “Can he leave the nurses’ station?”

Lay nodded and said, “Yeah, he can go back to his room.”

Kris nodded and looked at Luhan saying, “Go back to your room and rest. Sehun can accompany you.”

Luhan looked at Sehun who was right next to him. Luhan bowed at Kris and said, “Thank you.”

Kris nodded and said, “You’re welcome. Now go get some rest.”

Luhan and Sehun walked out of the music room. Lay smiled and turned around and started to walk toward the door when he heard his name called….

“Lay.”

Lay bit his bottom lip and turned around to see Kris with his hands on his hips.

Lay smiled and said, “Yes?”

Kris didn’t move for a few seconds and then he beckoned Lay with his index finger.

Lay knew not to go against the Alpha’s rules and he slowly walked back toward the front of the classroom. He stopped a few feet away from Kris.

Kris said, “Now, didn’t I tell you to NOT tell Luhan what happened to Mi Young?”

Lay nodded and said, “Yes.”

Kris said, “So, why was Luhan in here and fighting with Kai, when you knew that letting him know about Mi Young, was going to cause this?”

Lay sighed and said, “I tried too, Kris.”

Kris narrowed his eyes at Lay and said, “Apparently you didn’t try hard enough.”

Lay whimpered from Kris’ gaze and he looked to the floor.

Suho walked over to Lay and looked at Kris saying, “Kris, don’t be so hard on him. You know very well that Luhan has the ability to make people do things for him, whether they want too or not.”

Kris ran his hands through his hair and said, “Yeah, but Lay should’ve known. Lay is the ONLY person that has medical expertise here.”

Suho nods and says, “Yes he does. But, that doesn’t change the fact that he’s also a person and people can get mesmerized by pretty much anything. So, stop it. Sit down in the chair and be quiet.”

Even though, Kris is the Alpha, it’s hard to go against the authoritative voice of Suho. So, Kris did what he was told. He sat down in a chair and closed his mouth.

Suho looked at Lay and said, “Come on, let’s go to the cafeteria and eat something.” Lay nodded and they walked out of the room.

When the other EXO members were alone, D.O. looked at Kris and said, “So, how is Mi Young doing?”

Kris shrugged and walked over to Kai and knelt down in front of him and said, “She’s doing fine. I’m in contact with the ones that are watching her.”

Kai had tears in his eyes as Kris was wiping away the blood from the fight with Luhan.

Inside the forest…

               There was laughing and talking going on deeper in the forest. Four men were walking alongside the lonely stream that was trickling through the forest. They were talking and pointing to everything. One of them jumped into the stream and was splashing around causing the others to laugh at him. Then they continued walking. After almost two hours of walking down the stream, they stopped. Their eyes have caught something. They stood still and watched. There a few yards away was a dead buck. They looked around to see what brought down such a massive beast.

               They started to walk closer to the dead deer and saw blood running from an open wound in the belly, not to mention two wounds on the neck of the deer. They looked around at the forest but saw no sign of the predator. With no sign of the predator, they grabbed the deer’s antlers and started to drag it. They stopped when they realized that the deer was rather very large and very heavy. As seeing there are four of them, they decided to pick up the dead animal and carry it back to their place.

               Little did they know that someone or something was watching them. Yellow eyes watched as they took the dead deer with them. The bushes moved as the thing left its hiding place and followed the four men. For another three hours, the four men carried the dead deer back to their place. As they were getting closer to their home, they saw other men running toward them. The four men smiled as they saw the others come toward them. The first one that reached them was…Heechul.

Heechul looked at the dead deer and said, “Wow, where did you guys find this?”

The man who is like a horse, named Siwon said, “We found it lying down by the stream. We didn’t see who killed it, so we decided to bring it back with us.”

Heechul jumped up and down saying, “Leeteuk is going to be sooo ecstatic when he sees this. This deer will feed us for months.”

Heechul moved out of the way to let the four men continue their way to the home. Heechul turned and looked out into the forest. He can sense that someone or something was watching them.

Siwon and the other three men dropped the dead deer on the ground as Leeteuk walked out of the den and his eyes went wide. Leeteuk smiled but he was also concerned on how Siwon came upon the deer.

Leeteuk said, “Siwon, where did you get this deer?”

Siwon sighed and sat down saying, “We found it lying next to the stream. Something had already taken it down and killed it.”

Leeteuk looked at the dead animal and then backed away saying, “You said you found it near the stream?”

Siwon nodded and poked at the animal saying, “Yeah. Leeteuk this deer will feed us for months.”

Leeteuk sighed and said, “This food is not ours to enjoy.”

Siwon stood up and said, “What? How can you say that? We just lugged this ALL the way from the stream.”

Leeteuk sighed and said, “Well, then lug it back to the stream.”

Siwon narrowed his eyes at Leeteuk and said, “Why? What killed this animal?”

Leeteuk turned toward the den and said, “Don’t question me, just take this food out of here.”

Siwon stood in front of the den and said, “You know what killed this animal.”

Leeteuk nodded and said, “You’ll know when you look at the neck.”

Siwon walked over to the animal and knelt down. He saw two holes in the neck and hung his head.

Siwon said, “Why must she do this?”

Leeteuk walked behind Siwon and said, “Because, she’s in pain.”

Siwon sighed and stood up as he turned around to look at Leeteuk and said, “Where is she?”

Leeteuk shrugged and said, “I don’t know. When she came here, she immediately ran away.”

Siwon looked around and said, “Is she here right now?”

Ryeowook walked over and said, “Yeah, she’s behind some bushes. I can sense her, and she seems to be scared.”

Leeteuk looked at Ryeowook saying, “Wouldn’t you be if you were a vampire and a wolf came at you?”

Zhou Mi came out of the den and walked past Leeteuk and the others. He looked out into the forest and said, “Mi Young, I know you’re out there. You are amongst friends. You know that we won’t hurt you. We will protect you.”

There was silence for a while and Zhou Mi sighed as he turned to go back into the den when he heard a noise in the forest. They all turned to look and saw a figure slowly walk toward them. They tensed when they saw Mi Young come into view and she had blood on and clothes. She looked at them and then looked at the ground. Tears filled her eyes and she knew that she had angered her friends and they will likely send her away.

Suddenly she heard someone walk toward her and then she felt arms go around her shoulders. She opened her eyes and looked to see Zhou Mi was hugging her. Mi Young whimpered and put her arms around Zhou Mi’s shoulders and started to cry. The other Super Junior members all watched the display and even the pup, Henry, had tears in his eyes. He could feel Mi Young’s pain.

When Mi Young had calmed down, Zhou Mi pulled her away and looked into her red and puffy eyes saying, “Why are you crying, Mi Young?”

Mi Young sniffled and said, “Because…I hurt Luhan. EXO resents me being there. I’m afraid…”

Zhou Mi sighed and said, “Afraid of what?”

Mi Young bit her bottom lip and said, “Afraid that if I were to go back….EXO will kill me.”

Leeteuk walked over and said, “That’s ridiculous. EXO would do no such thing.”

Mi Young looked at Leeteuk and said, “How would you know? They are your friends. They wouldn’t hurt you. But, someone like me….”

Zhou Mi shook Mi Young a little and said, “Someone like you? You are a special person, Mi Young. Never think that we would get rid of you because of something like that.”

Mi Young wiped her eyes and said, “Zhou Mi, I almost killed Luhan.”

Leeteuk looked at Mi Young and said, “We know. That’s why you agreed with Kris to come with us and stay until you are rested enough to go back. Mi Young, you belong in that school with EXO and VIXX.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “I don’t feel like it. It makes me wonder if they are just being my friends because they have been at that school longer than I have.”

Leeteuk shook his head and said, “EXO and VIXX are happy to have you as their friend. EXO and VIXX don’t have many friends and they still don’t see eye to eye. But, with you, I see how different they are. They are more mellow and protective than they ever were.”

Mi Young smiled and said, “I see. I guess I needed to hear that. I want to thank you Leeteuk, for allowing me to stay here for a while.”

Leeteuk nodded and said, “No problem. You are more than welcome to our den. Besides, our little pup, Henry, has an eye for you.”

Mi Young looked over at Henry who was blushing and ducked into the den, causing everyone to laugh at Henry’s embarrassed display.

The rest of the day was spent with Mi Young resting in her room while Super Junior were busy talking amongst themselves on what to do with Mi Young and how to keep her safe from the Creator. Ryeowook was busy cutting up the dead dear for dinner. It is true that the deer will feed them for a few months. Thanks to Mi Young for that. But, Leeteuk knows that they shouldn’t dote on Mi Young too much. She is after all a hybrid – part vampire and part werewolf.

 

To be continued…

I am so sorry for making this a lame chapter. But, I’ve been so busy with school and work, that what I envisioned didn’t come out like I wanted it too. But, oh well.

So, what did you think of this chapter?

 

  • Luhan attacked Kai after finding out that Kai hurt Mi Young.
  • Mi Young feels more comfortable with VIXX.
  • Luhan was going to attack Kris because he wanted to know where Mi Young was.
  • Kris sent Mi Young to Super Junior for the time being.
  • Mi Young took down a full grown buck for food.
  • Mi Young feels that she is a burden to Super Junior and that they will kill her.

 

Thank you to everyone who stuck around and waited for my next chapter. You make me so happy to know that many of you care about the story and want to know what is going to happen next.

Please continue sending me comments on the chapters and if you haven’t already, please upvote to story.

 

And as always….

 

 

 

                                                                                SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!