Chapter 23 - Bring Me to Life

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

EXO and VIXX were standing in the forest and surrounded by the dangerous B.A.P. wolf pack. The leader that was standing in front of Kris looked over the intruders and folded his arms over his chest.

In a deep voice, the leader said, “You are in our territory. Leave and we won’t harm you.”

Kris shakes his head and said, “Can’t do that.”

The leader says, “Why not? Do you want to die?”

Kris growled and said, “Something very special ran into your territory. We are here to reclaim it.”

“What is this special thing?” Said a soft voiced man that was standing to the side.

They looked over and saw that he looked very innocent and maybe their beta.

Luhan said, “It’s a wolf. It’s very special because the person that is the wolf, is supposed to be protected by us.”

Another voice on the other side said, “You LOST it?! What kind of protectors are you?!”

The leader snarled and said, “ENOUGH!” He looks at Kris and said, “My name is Yongguk and I’m the leader of this wolf pack. I have not seen a strange wolf in the forest.”

Sehun sighed and mumbled, “You’re not that much of a wolf pack.”

“What did you say?” Came the reply to the youngest wolf behind them.

Sehun turned around and shrugged saying, “I didn’t say anything.”

The youngest said, “That’s a lie! Yongguk, they should be killed!”

Yongguk held up his hand and said, “Be quiet, Zelo.”

Yongguk looked at Kris and said, “Who are you?”

Kris sighed and said, “My name is Yifan, but I’m known as Kris. I’m the EXO Alpha.”

There was a murmur from the other B.A.P. wolves and the soft voiced man said, “Yifan? The only Yifan we know of is in China.”

Kris shook his head and said, “I’m the Yifan from China. But, right now we are on a quest to look for this special wolf.”

Zelo said, “We don’t have this wolf you’re looking for. She didn’t pass this way.”

EXO and VIXX looked at each other and then Chanyeol said, “We didn’t say what gender the wolf was.”

Zelo said, “It doesn’t matter. We aren’t going to let you pass.”

Yongguk was rubbing his temples and he looked at Zelo and said, “ZELO! SHUT IT!”

Zelo jumped from Yongguk’s shout and he pouted.

Yongguk looked at Kris and said, “Your wolf DID pass through here. She attacked one of my members. He’s being treated right now.”

Baekhyun spoke, “She attacked someone? How is he doing?”

Himchan said, “Our member, Jong Up, was bitten in the throat. She didn’t hurt his voice, but he’s in pain.”

Luhan sighed and said, “We apologize for that.”

Daehyun walked over and said, “It’s fine. He’s a fighter. But, she pissed off little Zelo.”

Luhan said, “Why?”

Daehyun smiled and said, “Jong Up and Zelo are the best of friends. Pretty much like brothers.”

Chanyeol looked at Yongguk and said, “We are sorry for what she has done to Jong Up. Our healer, Lay is back at our school tending to Mi Young’s body. If he was here, he’d be able to tend to Jong Up.”

Yongguk looked at EXO and then at s and was silent for a while. He paced back and forth as the members and EXO waited to see what he was going to say or do next.

Yongguk sighed and said, “Mi Young’s body? Is she dead?”

Kris shook his head and said, “No. She somehow found a way to transfer her spirit into a wolf and now she won’t wake up until that wolf is back at the school.”

Yongguk sighed and as he looked at the vampires and said, “And you guys are friends of EXO?”

N nodded and said, “At first we weren’t. But, because of Mi Young, we grew to become friends with EXO.”

Zelo walked over to Yongguk and said, “How can you trust these wolves and vampires? They’re EXO.”

Yongguk looked at Zelo and said, “You are a mere pup, Zelo. You don’t know as much as you think.”

Zelo bit his bottom lip and said, “I know that allowing EXO in our forest, is dangerous. They could turn on us at any time.”

Yongguk looked at the other members of EXO. They were talking amongst themselves and Yongguk said, “They are dangerous, I know that, but they are desperately looking for that wolf.”

Yongguk looked at Zelo and said, “Wolves will do anything to get what is theirs. Even go to another’s territory and plead for assistance. In time, Joon Hoong, you’ll learn.”

Zelo whimpered when Yongguk mentioned Zelo’s real name. Zelo turned and walked away. Yongguk smiled and walked over to Kris and the other EXO members.

Yongguk said, “I do apologize for the way we were acting. We are on pins and needles since we’re being watched.”

Chen looked around and said, “Who’s watching us?”

Daehyun walked over and said, “The ones who created the wolves. He has eyes and ears everywhere.”

D.O. moved closer to Chanyeol and he said, “He’s the creator? Will he try to kill us?”

Himchan walked over next and said, “Not likely. If anything he hunts ones that shouldn’t be in existence. Mainly your hybrid.”

Chanyeol sighed and said, “We need to get her back as soon as possible, before the creator gets her.”

Yongguk nodded and said, “Then you might as well come with us.”

EXO nodded and walked with the remaining B.A.P. members deeper into the forest, VIXX followed behind them. They noticed that the trees were making the forest darker to the point it almost looked like it was nighttime.

They got to B.A.P.’s house and Youngjae opened the door. Out walked a wolf. The wolf sat on the ground and looked at B.A.P. and then at EXO. The ears on the wolf slowly drooped.

Kris looked at Yongguk and then at the wolf and said, “You had the wolf the whole time?”

Yongguk shrugged and said, “When the wolf realized who we were, it didn’t try to hurt anyone of us. Though, Zelo has been watching over her.”

Kris glared at the wolf and saw how sad it looked. Kris put his hands on his hips and said, “Mi Young, you do realized that you have to go back to your body.”

The wolf looked up at Kris and he could see how sad the wolf looked.

Kris got down on one knee in front of the wolf and softly ran his fingers through its fur. He said, “I know, Mi Young. You want to stay as a wolf, but you have to understand that WE want our Mi Young back. Please, come back with us.”

The wolf looked up at Yongguk and he said, “Kris, she’s afraid.”

Kris looks at the wolf and then at Yongguk and said, “Why?”

Zelo walked over and said, “Why? Because she doesn’t know what your plans are with her. She’s afraid that when she goes back with you, you might hurt her. I’m not going to release her only to get beaten.”

Yongguk pushed Zelo a few feet away and said, “Sit down, Zelo.” Yongguk walked over to Kris and said, “Promise me…us…that you won’t harm her when you take her back.”

Kris looks down at the wolf and then at B.A.P. saying, “I promise. We didn’t come here to hurt her, we needed her to go back to her body. If she doesn’t go back, her body will die.”

Yongguk nodded and he looked down at the wolf and said, “I think you should go home. They need you.”

The wolf stood up and walked over to Yongguk and rubbed up against him. He got on his knees and hugged the wolf. The wolf his face and whined.

Yongguk smiled and said, “And don’t worry about Jong Up. He’s a tough kid, he’ll be fine.”

The wolf nodded and she walked over to Kris.

EXO bowed to B.A.P. and Kris said, “Thank you.”

Yongguk nodded and said, “You’re welcome. The next time you guys decide to pass through our territory, we just might enjoy some play time.”

EXO looked at each other and then at Yongguk. Yongguk laughed and they turned and walked back into the house.

Hongbin looked at Kris and said, “What did he mean by that?”

Kris chuckled and started to walk away and said, “They want to show us their strength. Come on, let’s get Mi Young back to her body.”

           It took EXO and VIXX a few hours to get out of the forest. As they stepped out onto the grass, they noticed that the sky had started to turn dark. The stars were coming out and they needed to get Mi Young back into her body very quickly. They ran to the school and toward the infirmary. When they got there, they all looked at Mi Young’s body and she was still sleeping peacefully. Suho turned around when he heard the wolf’s claws on the floor.

Suho stood up and put his hands on his hips and said, “Mi Young, how could you leave your body like this? Don’t you know how dangerous that is? I am VERY angry at you.”

The wolf had its tail between its legs and moved behind Kris.

Kris held up his hands and said, “Suho, calm down. She knew what she did was wrong. But, don’t yell at her like that.”

Suho said, “Don’t yell at her like that? Kris, how can you say that? She abandoned us and ran off into the woods.”

           While Kris was trying to calm down Suho, the wolf slowly walked over to Mi Young’s body. The wolf put its paws up on the bed and looked at Mi Young. The wolf looked at the other EXO members and then at Mi Young. The wolf sat down and moved Mi Young’s hand so it was hanging over the edge of the bed. The wolf her fingers and then put its forehead against her fingertips and closed its eyes. Suho yelling in the background stopped when the wolf suddenly fell to the floor.

Lay ran over to the wolf and felt for its pulse. Thankfully, the pulse was faint, but it was there. The wolf just needed to sleep before they returned it to the forest. Lay stood up and walked over to Mi Young. He felt for her pulse and found it faint as well. He looked at the monitors and saw that they started to change. Lay smiled when he saw her head slowly move from side to side.

Lay turned to the others and said, “Mi Young, she’s waking up.”

EXO and VIXX ran over and huddled around the bed and watched as Mi Young slowly opened her eyes. It’s been a while since they saw her beautiful eyes. She looked at each person and they smiled at her.

Mi Young bit her bottom lip and looked at Lay saying, “A..Are you guys still mad at me?”

Lay turned to look at Suho who was behind him.

Suho sighed and said, “Well, I’m not pleased that you put your soul into that wolf.”

Mi Young looked down at her hands and she softly said, “Mianhe.”

Lay sighed and turned back to Suho and said, “Really? You’re still pissed at her because of what she did? She just woke up and I think she wants us to at least be there for her. Suho, can’t you put your pride aside and help Mi Young?”

Suho pouted and then he lightly pushed Lay aside and touched Mi Young’s hand and said, “I’m sorry, Mi Young. I was being a little too hard on you. Even though I am displeased, I’ll forgive you. I’m just glad you’re back.”

Mi Young looked at Suho and nodded. She grabbed his wrist and kissed the top of his hand as she looked at him and said, “Thank you, Suho.”

Suho blushed and took his hand back. He cleared his throat and said, “Well, um, now that she’s back, I have some things to do.”

EXO and VIXX laughed at the way Suho acted and watched as he quickly ran out of the room.

Kris looks at Mi Young and said, “We’re all glad you’re back. For now, stay here and rest. Lay will be here if you need anything. And listen to Lay. I don’t want to hear that you weren’t listening to him, understand?”

Mi Young nodded and said, “I understand, Kris.”

EXO and VIXX walked out of the room and Lay closed the door.

Kris looks at Lay and said, “So, how is she doing?”

Lay shrugged and said, “It’s too early to tell. She seems to be back to normal. But, I want to watch her and see if there is any change, as seeing she’s been out of her body for quite some time.”

Kris nodded and said, “Well, you stay with her and help her out if she needs it.”

Chen spoke up and said, “What about the wolf?”

Lay nodded and said, “Ah, yes. The wolf. It can go back into the forest. It will be waking up soon.”

Luhan jumped up and down saying, “I want to take it!”

EXO laughed and Sehun grabbed Luhan’s arm to stop him from jumping up and down. Sehun said, “Luhan hyung, you keep doing that, I won’t let you release the wolf. Someone else will.”

Luhan pouted and said, “Aww, Sehunnie, you’re mean.”

Sehun smirked and said, “Of course, I am. Are you going to behave?”

Luhan nodded and said, “Yes, Sehunnie.”

Sehun smiled and put his arm around Luhan’s shoulders and said, “Good. Let’s leave Lay hyung, alone with Mi Young, and we’ll wait for the wolf to wake up so that you can take it back to the forest.”

Luhan nodded and everyone walked away except for Lay. He walked back into the room and closed the door. He pulled a chair out and sat down next to Mi Young’s bed.

A few hours later, after the sky had turned into nighttime, the bright full moon shone down and created long shadows. Luhan behaved the whole day and Sehun allowed him to release the wolf back into the forest. They looked into the forest and saw a blue glow moving. They knew that it was the Blue Lady. They walked back into the school and spent the remainder of the day sitting around and talking.

Lay had left Mi Young alone and she fell asleep in the bed. Lay didn’t stray too far, just in case Mi Young needed him for anything. Just outside her windowsill, flew a large black bird. It was a raven. It looked into the window and saw Mi Young sleeping in the bed. What was unusual about this bird was that it had red eyes and it stared at Mi Young until the nurses’ door opened, then the raven flew away.

 

To be continued…

I do have to apologize that I haven’t updated the story. I’ve been busy with work and been dealing with many school projects. I finally had some time to write this chapter though. I had to redo this chapter, because I didn’t like the way it was coming out. So, this is the finished effect.

 

** EXO met up with B.A.P. and finally got the wolf to come back with them to Mi Young.

** B.A.P. mentions the Creator.

** Mi Young woke up and apologized for her leaving them.

** Luhan wanted to be the one to release the wolf, but Sehun’s rule was that Luhan had to behave.

** I wonder who the black raven belongs too.

 

I want to thank everyone for staying with the story until I had some time to update it. Unfortunately because I have some presentations and projects still going on, the updating will be slow, but I’ll try and update when I have time.

 

If you liked this chapter, please leave some feedback and if you haven’t already, please upvote.

 

And as always...

 

                                                                               SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!