Chapter 41 - Face to Face

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

For the next few weeks, Lay had Mi Young stay in the Nurse’s station and rest. He wanted her to heal and be healthy when she finally gets out of the bed. Lay made sure that no one disturbs Mi Young’s rest. When Lay isn’t dealing with school and new students, he goes and checks up on Mi Young. He jots down her vitals on the clip board and makes sure that everything else is going well. He leaves the room and closes the door to let Mi Young rest.

               The end of the week, Mi Young finally opened her eyes. Her vision was blurry, but she could see lights above her. She blinked her eyes a few times to get the haze out and finally she noticed dimmed lights and a white ceiling. Mi Young turned her head and noticed other beds. Her mind had to register what she was seeing, then she realized she was in a hospital. Mi Young moved and was about to sit up when she felt pain in her stomach. She groaned and laid back down on the bed. She moved the blanket and pulled her shirt up to see a bandage on her stomach. Mi Young was trying to figure out what happened that caused her to have pain in her stomach. Then she remembered how Junsu and MBLAQ would hit her and cause bruises on her body. She noticed a few bruises on her arms and legs.

Mi Young tried to sit up again and was finally successful at put her back against the headboard. Mi Young groaned but got a better view of the room, and she noticed that it wasn’t a hospital, it was a doctor’s room. She remembers this room, because there are times where she had to stay in it whenever she was hurt. Lay usually helped her heal her wounds. Speaking of Lay, she wondered where he was at.

               Mi Young sighed and threw the blanket off, she moved her legs and let them hang over the bed. She started to stand and groaned when her stomach clenched up. Mi Young finally stood up with no help and she started to walk to the other bed. She looked around to figure out where her clothes were and she saw a closet. Mi Young slowly walked over to closet and opened it. There were her clothes all neatly hung there. She took them off the hangers and she threw the clothes on the bed close to the closet. She was just about to get undressed when the door opened. Mi Young looked up and she saw who it was…Lay.

Lay was surprised to see Mi Young standing. He smiled and walked in the room.

Lay said, “Mi Young, how are you feeling?”

Mi Young sat on a bed and said, “I’m a little tired, but I do feel better. My stomach hurts a little.”

Lay nodded and said, “Yeah, I know. I’m glad that you feel better. Maybe you should rest a little more.”

Mi Young shook her head and said, “I’ve been laying in this bed for however long. I want to get up and walk around. I want to go outside.”

Lay nodded and said, “Okay. If you want, but I want you to be careful. Your body is still healing and I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “I understand.”

Lay stood up and started to walk to the door when he heard his name called. He turned around and saw Mi Young.

Mi Young said, “Lay. Thank you.”

Lay smiled and walked out of the room, giving Mi Young some privacy to get dressed.

Lay walked into the Music Room where EXO and VIXX were talking. They stopped talking when he walked in. Lay walked down the steps and sat down in a chair next to Luhan.

Hongbin spoke up, “How is Mi Young?”

Lay rubbed the back of his neck and said, “She’s feeling better. She said she’s a little tired. I found her getting dressed.”

Baekhyun stood up and said, “She was getting dressed? Can we see her?”

Lay shook his head and said, “Right now, I would appreciate that we be careful around her. She is a little jittery around people. After all the pain she received at the hands of MBLAQ and the Creator Junsu, it’s hard for her to trust people, especially men.”

               Lay was silent and then he stood up. He walked to the center of the room and said, “Mi Young saw something that she shouldn’t have. She saw some of the powers of EXO. She was never supposed to see that. We have had it hidden for so long, that when it came out, Mi Young got scared. At some point, Mi Young will ask questions if she was dreaming. We need to let her know that we are STILL her friends, but we are a little different than herself. Mi Young, may shy away from Sehun, Chen, Suho and Tao, so don’t be heartbroken.”

Baekhyun said, “Whatever happened to Shane?”

Kris sighed and said, “Shane couldn’t bear to see how hurt Mi Young was. After all it was his doing that hurt her aside from the others. He decided to go into the forest and talk to Leeteuk hyung.”

Lay nodded and said, “That’s the other thing. Mi Young is going to ask about Shane. We shouldn’t hold anything back. But, don’t tell her the reason why he left. Tell her that he left for some unfinished business. She doesn’t need to know that the reason for his leaving is because of what he did.”

As EXO was talking, Hyuk walked to the window and looked down. There under the window was, Mi Young. She walked toward the forest and stood there, looking into the trees.

               EXO and VIXX walked over to the windows and looked down to see her. She stood there and didn’t move. A light breeze blew and ruffled her hair. Mi Young took a few steps toward the forest and continued looking in. Then she turned around and looked up at the windows. She saw EXO and VIXX looking down at her. Mi Young turned back to the forest and she saw the Blue Lady in the forest, even though the sun was out. But, the Blue Lady kept pointing. Mi Young looked to where she was pointing and saw some figures down the street. Mi Young tried to see who it was and when they were closer, Mi Young knew who they were. Mi Young quickly looked up at the windows with worry in her eyes and ran back into the school.

EXO and VIXX looked at each other and Chanyeol said, “What was that look that Mi Young showed?”

Luhan stepped away from them which made them look at him.

Lay said, “Luhan, what’s wrong?”

Luhan sighed and said, “It’s Mi Young. She’s afraid.”

Hongbin said, “Afraid? Of who?”

Luhan shrugged and said, “I don’t know. She blocked me. I can’t feel anything else.” Luhan looked at Lay and said, “She’s in the Nurses’ office.”

Lay immediately ran up the stairs and out the door. The others went with him and over to the Nurses’ office. When they walked in, the room was dark. Lay turned the lights on and looked around but didn’t see Mi Young. Then Lay noticed his office door was shut. Lay walked over and looked through the window and didn’t see anyone. He opened the door and walked in. He saw Mi Young huddled under a table.

Lay knelt down and said, “Mi Young. What’s wrong? Did something scare you?”

Mi Young had tears running down her face as she looked at Lay and then at the others and then back at Lay saying, “They are coming…for me.”

Lay said, “Who is?”

Mi Young sniffled and said, “Thunder, Mir and Joon.”

Kris said, “Wait, didn’t we kill them?”

Mi Young shook her head and said, “No. Someone had them leave the cave.”

Lay looked up at Kris and said, “Kris. You and the others need to deal with this. I’m keeping Mi Young here.”

Kris nodded and looked at Mi Young saying, “Don’t worry. We’ll get rid of them.”

Kris and the others walked out. He looked at them and said, “Apparently we didn’t kill all of the MBLAQ assassins. We need to get rid of them so that Mi Young won’t be harmed.”

Hongbin said, “Who is it?”

Kris said, “Thunder, Mir and Joon.”

Chanyeol sighed and looked at VIXX saying, “Those three are the most powerful too. Seungho and G.O aren’t as powerful. Mir is the maknae of MBLAQ so he’s the most powerful. But, if you separate them or keep them together, you’re going to be in a hell of a fight.”

Leo put his fist into his hand and said, “Then what are we waiting for? Let’s kill them.”

Chen looked at Leo and said, “I know you’re eager to have a fight. But, VIXX and EXO aren’t as powerful as they are. They have weapons, and their attacks are very precise and flawless. We would be going out there and getting ourselves killed.”

N said, “So, then. What do we do? We can’t allow Mi Young to fall into their hands again.”

Kris said, “And we’re not.”

Everyone looked at Kris and Tao said, “Kris gege, you have an idea.”

Kris looked at EXO and said, “I think we need to use our powers.”

Chen said, “Are you sure you want to do that? What if we are noticed?”

Kris sighed and said, “I know they don’t want to make a scene with humans around. So, I think they’ll agree to go somewhere where there are no people and we can fight with no problems. We’ll have to use Kai’s transportation ability.”

Suho said, “Well, we better go out there and see about getting them away from Mi Young.”

EXO and VIXX started to walk toward the door when Kris stopped and looked at them. He said, “N, I know you and your members want to help, but I’m going to ask if all of you can sit this fight out.”

Hongbin said, “WHAT?! I am NOT going to sit back while Mi Young is hurting!”

Kris looked at Hongbin and said, “None of you have powers. You’ll be sitting ducks out there!”

Hongbin looks at N and said, “Hyung, please. Let us go out there. I don’t care if we are sitting ducks. I need to protect Mi Young.”

N looks at Kris and then at Hongbin. N said, “I’m sorry, Hongbin, but I agree with Kris.”

Hongbin’s eyes showed hurt and said, “Hyung, how can you say that?”

Ravi walked over and said, “Hongbin, think about it. You don’t care if you’re sitting ducks? What about Mi Young? How do you think she’s going to feel knowing that you were killed out there trying to protect her. If Kris hyung thinks that it would be better that we stay here, then let’s ALL protect Mi Young. We won’t leave her side. You can be with her and protect her. Understand?”

Hongbin wiped his eyes that had tears in them, and then he realized what Ravi was saying. He understood. He wanted to protect Mi Young, but you can’t if you’re dead.

Hongbin nodded and said, “I understand.”

N looks at Kris and said, “Good luck and stay safe. We’ll protect Mi Young.”

Kris nodded and walked away with EXO. N and Ravi put their arms around Hongbin’s waist and all the members walked into the Nurses’ office.

Mi Young had finally gotten out from under the table and was sitting on the table when VIXX walked in. Mi Young immediately ran over and put her arms around Hongbin’s waist. N and Ravi knew they made the right decision to not allow Hongbin to go. Mi Young needs his support.

Lay said, “I think it will be best that we go into the Visual Room. It has a lot of things to do in there. That way we can watch Mi Young.”

They nodded and Hongbin bent down and Mi Young hopped onto his back. They walked through the hallway and Mi Young was happy she didn’t have to deal with any students. She put her chin on Hongbin’s head and closed her eyes. They finally reached the Visual room and they walked in. Lay turned the lights on and they couldn’t believe how big the room was.

Mi Young got off Hongbin’s back and walked around the room. There were posters, pictures, costumes, songs everywhere in the room.

Hongbin said, “Lay, where are we?”

Lay smiled and said, “It’s our Visual room. We use this for when we get ready for plays, musicals and anything else. We also use this room to watch movies and play video games.”

Lay moves VIXX toward the door and says quietly, “There might be a chance I’ll have to leave and go to EXO.”

Ken said, “What? Why?”

Lay says, “I’m the only one that has the healing powers. If something happens to them, I have to be there for them. I’ll talk to my staff and see if they can be on call if something should happen here, but I’m just letting you know.”

Hongbin says, “What about Mi Young? She’s going to be scared if you leave.”

Lay nodded and said, “She trusts you Hongbin. Tell her that I had to help EXO. She’s going to need you and VIXX as support while I’m away. Understand?”

Hongbin nodded and said, “I understand.”

They heard a noise in the back of the room and they turned to look, and laughed when Mi Young was walking around with a dress from Romeo and Juliet.

               Hongbin watched as Lay walked out of the room. He then walked over to where Mi Young was. She was twirling around making the dress flare out. Hongbin stopped her from spinning and she looked up at him. They locked eyes with each other and it was like they were alone. No one was in the room. Then it happened. Hongbin came closer to Mi Young and she closed her eyes as Hongbin’s lips met hers. Mi Young and Hongbin were in a full passionate kiss and she wrapped her arms around his neck. Suddenly, her right hand gripped the back of Hongbin’s shirt.

VIXX was in the room as they were looking out the windows. Hyuk turned to look at the couple in the corner. He watched as Hongbin started to kiss Mi Young. Hyuk started to hear a heart beat in his head and he looked at the other members but it wasn’t from them. He looked back at the couple and that’s when he saw it. Mi Young’s hand on Hongbin’s back.

Hyuk shouted, “HONGBIN HYUNG!”

 

To be continued….

So what did you think of this chapter? Sorry it’s been a while since I wrote something, but I’ve been busy with work and school.

So let’s recap:

  • Mi Young is getting better. She’s walking around.
  • Shane left Mi Young to go and see Super Junior.
  • Mir, Thunder and Joon are still alive.
  • EXO is going to fight them.
  • VIXX are forced to stay with Mi Young.
  • Something is a little off with Mi Young while she kisses Hongbin.

I want to say thank you to everyone who has stayed with the story and waited patiently for the next chapter. I want to finish this story so that I can start on another story that just came to mind. And I’m not talking about the other ones that I still need to finish writing. But, I want to finish this story, and I’m thinking that I’ll see if it will end around Chapter 50, or before…whichever happens.

So as always….

                       SUBSCRIBE…..COMMENT…..and…..UPVOTE!!!!